Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,808 members, 7,841,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari (55535 Views)

2023: Benue Youths Blast Atiku, Set To Revoke The Tiv Title Given To Him / 2019: Middle Belt Leaders, Groups Insist On Olawepo Hashim, Blast Atiku / Festus Keyamo Mocks Atiku On Twitter As Ex-vp’s Followers Fire Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by Jowanson: 12:18am On Jan 20, 2019
Busari132:
The news of Atiku not willing to debate because of absence of Buhari was broken by Reno omokri on his twitter handle. Nigeria didn't find it funny and blasted Atiku and his handlers . see screenshot as shown below

Very trivial issues! Debate don't win elections but can sway voters empathy towards the candidate though... On the 30th of January... Atiku and Obi will be live at the NTA town hall meeting...so that's another opportunity to tell Nigerians his plans....There Nigerians can ask questions.... Yesterday's debate ....Nigerians do not ask questions... So to me...the NTA town hall meeting is more direct to the Nigerians ....APC mischievous people will want to use this as per banter level...Their baba did not show up too...

Either Atiku does a debate or not. I am atikulated!
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by PointZerom: 12:24am On Jan 20, 2019
madridguy:
Atiku don play penalty go throw-in grin grin grin

Atiku sneaked into the US, just to held meeting with same Saraki, Ben Bruce, one hired Arab guy, an unknown man and woman then lied the meeting was at US chamber of commerce tongue Now see debate with your fellow aspirant you run hiding under if Buhari no come you self no do again grin

Atiku, your advisers are just mocking me.

Shut up.

Atiku did the right thing. Buhari and his supporters should cover their heads in shame.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by Indispensable85(m): 12:28am On Jan 20, 2019
This is a complete own goal.He would've gone ahead to sell himself to Nigerians, especially having arrived at the venue.it was a bad decision going back.He's watered down d absence of Buhari with this action.I'm sure his village people are after him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by onatisi(m): 12:30am On Jan 20, 2019
BluntBoy:

You obviously didn't get my point.

Since you have latched on blunders as a tool against Buhari, I can also latch on his physical condition as a tool to promote his dedication.

Presidents around the world campaign but that is not an excuse to ignore the fact that campaigning and managing the affairs of the country at the same time can be tiring. Moreover, situations differ from one country to the other. A president presiding over a country ravaged by pressing national issues will find campaigning and managing these affairs much more burdensome than a president of a relatively peaceful country.

It all boils down to analyzing the variables rather than drawing up hasty conclusions.

And that is what I am trying to correct you that don't let that excuse fool you. He is only doing his job and he has every machinery at his disposal to work with. Because a job or profession is difficult is not an excuse for practicing that profession to be making childish mistakes that can wreck his Job or company. As a president,you are supposed to be prepared at all times , he is not and won't be the first president to rule a nation in deep crisis and seek reelcttion,why don't they make such blunders ? Let's call a spade a spade the man isn't fit .
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by Preciousgift90: 12:39am On Jan 20, 2019
Only Mad Ones Nd Enemies Of Dis Country Progress Is Against Atiku's Decision Nt To Debate. Bt Me Love Him More For That.
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by BluntBoy(m): 12:41am On Jan 20, 2019
onatisi:

And that is what I am trying to correct you that don't let that excuse fool you. He is only doing his job and he has every machinery at his disposal to work with. Because a job or profession is difficult is not an excuse for practicing that profession to be making childish mistakes that can wreck his Job or company. As a president,you are supposed to be prepared at all times , he is not and won't be the first president to rule a nation in deep crisis and seek reelcttion,why don't they make such blunders ? Let's call a spade a spade the man isn't fit .

What makes it a childish mistake

Albert Einstern had a poor memory and didn't even remember his own telephone number. His memory was so poor that he sometimes needed his train tickets to remember where he was heading. But he was a genius all the same.

There are countless other examples of famous men who make your so-called childish mistakes and whose shoes you can never touch.

Like I wrote earlier, it all boils down to analyzing variables rather than jumping into hasty conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by chidextec: 12:42am On Jan 20, 2019
Atiku should be ashamed of himself. He chickened out when it matters the most.. What a blown opportunity

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by niyidenrele: 12:43am On Jan 20, 2019
ladiesreject:
All of you saying Atiku should have participated in the debate in order for him to sell himself and his plans for this country are just spewing gibberish.

Those who will vote for Atiku will vote for him regardless of whether or not he attended the debate.

Similarly, those who will vote for the lifeless one will vote for the lifeless one regardless of whether he was present at the debate or not.

Nigeria is not a country where debate win you votes, it's a country where votes are won by religious and ethnic sentiments.

The yorubas want to vote for the lifeless one because he promised to give them power come 2023 (as if he owns the country).

The Igbos want to vote for Atiku because he promised to hand over power to the south east at the end of his tenure supposing he wins.

Hausa/Muslims wants to vote for Buhari because he's a bigot.

Only the northern Christians are truly ready to vote for who they think should lead this country.
This country is cursed beyond measure.

.....too bad of u to say that this country is cursed,and u r leaving in cursed country ?then u too must b cursed basic !
ladiesreject:
[b] All of you saying Atiku should have participated in the debate in order for him to sell himself and his plans for this country are just spewing gibberish.

Those who will vote for Atiku will vote for him regardless of whether or not he attended the debate.

Similarly, those who will vote for the lifeless one will vote for the lifeless one regardless of whether he was present at the debate or not.

Nigeria is not a country where debate win you votes, it's a country where votes are won by religious and ethnic sentiments.

The yorubas want to vote for the lifeless one because he promised to give them power come 2023 (as if he owns the country).

The Igbos want to vote for Atiku because he promised to hand over power to the south east at the end of his tenure supposing he wins.

Only the northern Christians are truly ready to vote for who they think should lead this country.

.....too bad of u to say that this country is cursed,and u r leaving in cursed country ?then u too must b cursed basic !
[/b]
ladiesreject:
All of you saying Atiku should have participated in the debate in order for him to sell himself and his plans for this country are just spewing gibberish.

Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by sanmtiago(m): 12:46am On Jan 20, 2019
orion7:
zombies have started finding thier voices again.

most of you have been mute since atiku went to america

atiku has just 1 opponent. buhari aka public enemy of sane Nigerians.

since buhari chickened out. there was no point for atiku being there. atiku wanted to wreck the lifeless dullard with no osinbajo insigh

insane country you mean

Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by hush15: 12:53am On Jan 20, 2019
SalamRushdie:
this is the second time Atiku is slowing our movt due to bad advice but no shaking Buhari must t go

Bro? Atiku did the right thing though there was a huge expectation to hear him debate but seriously, who would he debate with?

Fela??
Oby
Moghalu

If debates win elections, Buhari shouldnt have won 2015 elections. In his words, its up to nigerians and i remain Atikulated.

nit the same pedigree i must say.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by hush15: 1:13am On Jan 20, 2019
Indispensable85:
This is a complete own goal.He would've gone ahead to sell himself to Nigerians, especially having arrived at the venue.it was a bad decision going back.He's watered down d absence of Buhari with this action.I'm sure his village people are after him.

he did nothing wrong. We all know if Buhari isnt there, there is no point. You say to sell himself but that is what he has been doing since he won primaries. What will you like to hear differently. Those two are the only ones who have worn the shoe and could go head to head. The other guys have not being at their level, how can they understand where he is coming from? Someone they already have a biased mind against. It will just be a heap of arguement which will only belittle him. That he appeared alone is humble enough for me and he met with all participants before excusing himself is elderly enough.

So all those saying thrash can wail for all they like, but #iamsouthwestandatikulated
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by bluecircle470: 1:21am On Jan 20, 2019
Pekele007:
That's Bullshit, where is the lifeless dullard that sent Nigeria into recession twice

Buhari should have been there to debate too.

Well Buhari was not there, he has failed us and Atiku isn’t an option...he’s a disaster.
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by Salowise: 1:32am On Jan 20, 2019
Chizuru01:

Argue with your Keyboard bro. I Am bigger than Talking with you

Then you should have ignored him
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by fasho01(m): 1:40am On Jan 20, 2019
I don't know why the focus has shifted from the incumbent not showing up to the main contender doing what he feels is right. A sentiment I share 100% with him.

Truth is, the other guys that ended up debating are only doing so to boost their Wikipedia biography and probably get a slice of the national cake and nothing more cos even at their wards, none of them can win. Why on earth should our incoming president wrestle with such folks at the debate when we all know it's a 2 horse race?

Those sponsoring this smear campaign are only doing so the take the focus off their lifeless demented candidate and we know their modus operandi so well
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by KoeChz(m): 2:09am On Jan 20, 2019
The vice presidential debate was between apc and pdp. The presidential debate shldnt be anything short.
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by SaiAtikuTill203: 2:15am On Jan 20, 2019
Buhari is the new Father Christmas in town!
First, he gave Guinea Bissau $500,000 last week, and he has now approved a grant of 1 billion dollar for Sudan to enable them fight famine.
This is a country that can't pay 30k naira minimum wage. A country that has been designated as the poverty capital of the world fighting poverty in another land.
A country that has been borrowing and even trying to sell of its assets to finance a budget is giving to another country.
A country that doesn't suffer famine, but its citizens are very hungry.
This grant to a great extent revalidates the Jubrin saga!
BUHARILOOTER must be voted out at all cost!
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by SaiAtikuTill203: 2:15am On Jan 20, 2019
we are supporting Atiku due to the following reasons; because he's better than Buhari in terms of academic qualifications, he's not tribalistic, he's not as heartless as Buhari, Atiku is more educated, handsome, and vibrant. Iam just ashamed of Buhari as a president, Buhari possesses zero quality of being a president. Buhari has no sympathy in him, he has no conscience as a human. If only my choice of candidate could win the election then I would've voted for my choice of candidate in Donald Duke, but for my vote not to split and favour that mistake could Buhari, I will rather give my mandate to Atiku, so that lifeless illiterate can be ejected out of office. How can an illiterate be a president? That's very strange and irritating. Like for example, in a university, before you become a vice-chancellor, you must have attained the height of professorship. So tell me, why will an uneducated man be a president of a country? who and what is he leading? because, as for me, Atiku is much more better than Buhari in every aspect. As for the corruption allegation, we all know that all Nigerian politicians are corrupt, just that some are more corrupt than the others. I hate tribalism and wickedness, which is what Buhari fully possess! To be sincere, Buhari is just a total disgrace, let's tell ourselves the truth. A president whose vice is 100% better than him. Mind you, Iam not playing politics, Iam just preaching the truth. Believe it or not, people pretending to like Buhari knows that
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by IjebuWarrior: 2:35am On Jan 20, 2019
Konki:

Who are u?

Who are you as well? angry
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by Tycoon007(m): 2:38am On Jan 20, 2019
For free job opportunities update, entertainment gists, news as e dey hot, health benefits and lots more on whatssap kindly reach out 07035077624
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by Tycoon007(m): 2:38am On Jan 20, 2019
Tycoon007:
For free job opportunities update, entertainment gists, news as e dey hot, health benefits and lots more on whatssap kindly reach out 07035077624
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by Ugosample(m): 2:39am On Jan 20, 2019
ladiesreject:

very unfortunate
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by MahatmaGhandi: 2:42am On Jan 20, 2019
IMO it was good that Atiku stayed away. The debate was a trap structured to overwhelm and mess him up that is why Buhari backed off. Atiku is recieving flaks right now for not attending but if he had attended he would have been out of the race by now. If Nigeria wants a debate let them ensure that Buhari would attend. Atiku does not need a BON organised "opposition town hall meeting" to sell himself to Nigerians since he has been organising his own town hall meeting, the debate is meant to place the incumbent side by side opposition candidates for Nigerians to decide. If the Incumbent is absent then the whole show would not be more than an opposition town hall meeting which Atiku does not necessarily need to sell himself to the electorates
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by SaiAtikuTill203: 2:47am On Jan 20, 2019
The truth is non of the youth contesting has political structure all over the country they are spoilers.
It's better we channel our energy to atiku presidency whom we trust to carry us youths along till Nigeria is ripped for young presidency .
Meanwhile
Sai hurricane atiku
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by SaiAtikuTill203: 2:49am On Jan 20, 2019
MahatmaGhandi:
IMO it was good that Atiku stayed away. The debate was a trap structured to overwhelm and mess him up that is why Buhari backed off. Atiku is recieving flaks right now for not attending but if he had attended he would have been out of the race by now. If Nigeria wants a debate let them ensure that Buhari would attend. Atiku does not need a BON organised "opposition town hall meeting" to sell himself to Nigerians since he has been organising his own town hall meeting, the debate is meant to place the incumbent side by side opposition candidates for Nigerians to decide. If the Incumbent is absent then the whole show would not be more than an opposition town hall meeting which Atiku does not necessarily need to sell himself to the electorates
GOD BLESS YOU SIR
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by SaiAtikuTill203: 2:49am On Jan 20, 2019
truth be told this election is between buhari and Atiku. Others are just after once presidential candidate title.Why God has rejected Buhari and is replacing him with Atiku.
1. The blood of thousands of innocent men, women and children in the middle belt and Plateau slaughtered in their sleep. Buhari gave the murderers tacit support by showing apathy to the genocide.
2. Buhari has elevated himself to the status of a 'god,' has lost every sense of worship and reverence to the Almighty and attempting to share glory with Him. He says it is 'impossible for him to lose' (arrogance) and Sagay says he's a 'god' (others are political dwarfs).
3. Besides Adesina and Shehu, all his spokespersons from Keyamo to Lauretta to Sagay (all SS in Buhari's diabolical divide and rule tactics) are abusers, divisive and haughty in their speeches (including their foot soldiers on Nairaland). Buhari keeps mum and provides a tacit go-ahead to them. God shall humble the proud.
4. His blatant unfairness and favoritism for untenable reasons considering the position God gave to him. He has a vindictive and hard-heartedness mind which he tries to hide by saying little and disregarding the Nigerian media.
Everyone thought Hillary Clinton would win in the US in 2016, but God rejected Obama because he was promoting the gospel of homosexualism and Hillary was firmly in his train. God has His ways and has chosen Atiku as the next president-elect of Nigerian. His will shall be done. The result of February elections shall surprise many people in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by MahatmaGhandi: 3:00am On Jan 20, 2019
Atiku is Nigeria's hope to regain its future at least for now. Buhari has strengthened the hold of very sad nepotistic elements that threaten the unity of this country IMO and he has done it without fear, shame or remorse. Electing Atiku to be president may not bring the future that we desire but it would send a strong message to aspiring politicians that Nigerians have outgrown the habit that encourages failures and totalitatrians in Government. If Atiku fails we shall show him the door in 2023, but if we fail to make that bold statement now, then I can tell you that Nigeria's challenges may go beyond 2027. We cannot afford not to let this Government go, they have wronged and taken Nigerians for granted on too many levels. I just hope we are able to show our leaders that the power they wield was given to them by us.
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by Ratello: 3:12am On Jan 20, 2019
seunmsg:

Typical chest beating associated with some people. Same way Atiku was beating his chest about debating only to do a Ben Johnson when it mattered most.
Did you even attend any higher institution of learning at all? Atiku was bodily present, your Buhari did not show yet you still have the effrontery to be whining. Is Atiku going to be debating with himself when his main opponent scrammed?
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by em28: 3:15am On Jan 20, 2019
Pekele007:
That's Bullshit, where is the lifeless dullard that sent Nigeria into recession twice

Buhari should have been there to debate too.

Buhari release this guy's destiny. Ha ha
Re: Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari by Flattino(m): 3:15am On Jan 20, 2019
Ratello:

Did you even attend any higher institution of learning at all? Atiku was bodily present, your Buhari did not show yet you still have the effrontery to be whining. Is Atiku going to be debating with himself when his main opponent scrammed?
Sharrap

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Unemployment: Imo, Akwa Ibom, Rivers Still Nigeria’s Worst Cases / Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke / Terrorists Mock Emefiele, They Have Surplus New Naira Notes - Sheikh Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.