Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,430 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market (44457 Views)

Gaidam Gave Out 100's Of Hilux Vehicles To The Army, Police (pic) / Suicide Bombs: Muslims Kick As Army, Police Frisk Women In Hijab, Burka - Punch / Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2013

In a bid to avert anarchy looming in the popular Ladipo market over the appointment of the market leader, armed soldiers and policemen have been drafted to the Market located in Mushin area of the state.

Our correspondent gathered that there had been anxiety in the market because some of the traders, mostly Igbo, have refused to recognise the new market leader, Baba Oloja .

To this end, a combined force of armed soldiers and mobile policemen were seen at the market on Thursday at strategic points to forestall a breakdown of law and order.

Traders who spoke on the presence of the security agents said they could not understand why the security men were drafted there.

The presence of the security agents prevented most of the traders who had gone to the market for the weekly sanitation exercise from performing the exercise.

The development forced some of the traders to shut their shops, while they stood on the road discussing the latest development.

The President-General of Ladipo Auto Central Executive Committee, (LACEC) Mr. Ikechukwu Animalu told journalists that the security officers were brought to the market by the new Baba Oloja, Alhaji Oki, to take control of the market.

He urged the traders to remain calm and go about their normal trading activities , saying the traders failed to recognise the new Baba Oloja because he was imposed on the traders.

http://leadership.ng/news/010813/soldiers-police-take-over-lagos-ladipo-market#sthash.SkFFRNKQ.dpuf

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by obitwo: 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
I saw this coming

Next thing the market will be destroyed and rebuilt into the biggest auto mart mall in Africa

Authentic parts will be sold. We all know those who can't survive doing it the right way

42 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Crystalline(f): 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
obitwo: I saw this coming

Next thing the market will be destroyed and rebuilt into the biggest auto mart mall in Africa

Authentic parts will be sold. We all know those who can't survive doing it the right way

True...Alaba int'l mkt is their nxt stop.
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by T9ksy(m): 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
obitwo: I saw this coming

Yeah and a welcome development too.

Eko oni baje!
Yorubaland oni baje!!

29 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by 2mch(m): 5:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
Finally... We really need to reject fake goods in Lagos and start sentencing people seriously for selling such. It puts life at risk. Especially the fake drugs. So many people have died, it is very wrong.

11 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Garrithe1st: 5:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
Zero tolerance for LAWLESSNNESS!!!!

If you can't abide by the norms of your hosts, then ur days in their land are numbered....

At least you now know who owns Lagos....

cool cool cool

32 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by hardniola(m): 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2013
u see d problem of ibo
if d market is pull down now who lose??
Eni to fe pa to fi epo rara ni oro awon ibo.

15 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Tolexander: 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2013
This is genocide!

6 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Aedesmuskeeto: 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
I swear to God i saw this coming.....

Now to my chest-beating "black jews"

this is what happens when you think you're above the law

case closed...

18 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Jisunpack: 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2013
Bomb bomb bomb LADIPO cool
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2013
we are been persecuted in the north, now west God pls help your children

if you believe that BIAFRA is still the solution to all this click something

109 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by FSU: 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
This is a blessing in disguise. Time to think home. May be rough at first but will turn out okay later.

48 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Jisunpack: 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
You can go build another LADIPO in Onitsha!

18 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Jisunpack: 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
FSU: This is a blessing in disguise. May be rough at first but will turn out okay later.

I thought you are the owners of Lagos? Deluded coons.

24 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
That market needs to be pulled down and be rebuilt.

2 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by T9ksy(m): 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
FSU: This is a blessing in disguise. May be rough at first but will turn out okay later.

Yeah...........but ONLY after ibo traders in Ladipo market have accepted OUR Babaloja.

8 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
Ji_sun_pack: You can go build another LADIPO in Onitsha!

Abio. In Japan, Taiwan, Singapre, and Dubai of Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Awake9ja(m): 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
what is wrong with the yorubas?
by the way am not ibo but the truth must be said for Gods sake.

what kind of hatred is this? why is so much envy and hate about a particular tribe going on in the life of Fulani,yoruba and hausas.

sincerely speaking yorubas has beginning to irritate me like hausas.
a group that invest so much to develop your land only for you to turn around and stab them deeply.

96 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by FSU: 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
T9ksy:

Yeah...........but ONLY after ibo traders in Ladipo market have accepted OUR Babaloja.

Time to think home. For those without investments in Igboland it may be rough at first but will get better later.

8 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Jisunpack: 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
T9ksy:

Go Fashola Goooooooooooooooo!!!!!! cool

11 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Garrithe1st: 5:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
Awake9ja: a group that invest so much to develop your land only for you to turn around and stab them deeply.

That doesn't give them the right to disobey the laws of the land. I'm sure yorubas are grateful for their "contribution" to SW economy, but they should obey simple laws if they wish to maintain the peaceful coexistence..

cool

26 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by 2mch(m): 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2013
Awake9ja: what is wrong with the yorubas?

what kind of hatred is this? why is so much envy and hate about a particular tribe going on in the life of Fulani,yoruba and hausas.

a group that invest so much to develop your land only for you to turn around and stab them deeply.

No one hates or envies anyone. If you do business somewhere, there are customs and traditions you adhere by. If you refuse, then you can find somewhere else, where the customs and traditions dont affect your business. Besides 90% of the parts coming out of Ladipo are fake. We are tired of fake, fake, fake. The market and china goods are useless. End up destroying cars. Igbo's that are able to live and do business according to our customary laws are welcome to stay. As long as their products are genuine.

25 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by FSU: 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
This is the prelude to the end

There is no way Igbos in Lagos will have the guts to go develop their land unless by the action of satanists like Fasola. Therefore, this is a blessing in disguise.

3 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Jisunpack: 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
Awake9ja: what is wrong with the yorubas?

Lair!! You are ibo!

Who cares what you think? Developed which land? We don't want you, pack and go turn your states to Eldorado. Parasites!!

11 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Awake9ja(m): 5:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
these yorubas here online mocking the ibos pls can you come over to my middle beltan state and tell me why I should love you guys more above ibos.

ibos are always industrious and hard working and lover of their host community and contribute selflessly to their host community.
as much as I love one Nigeria I blv Fulani, Yoruba and hausas are the most hypothetical and destroyer of the one Nigeria they profess.

come on if you guys hate the ibos this much why did you fight along with us to bring them back?
even here in the middle belt and core north the ibos are not treated this way.

pls evil is evil and it pains me more that most of the yorubas here rejoicing are either Christian or muslim.

55 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2013
[size=15pt]This is good.

Ibos, Hausa, and Fulanis come to seek refuge and success in Yorubaland daily without respecting its host and its host's culture and tradition.

Ibos cannot and should not be allowed to use force to intimidate Lagoshians.

What Ibos want Fashola to do would not be asked of Igbo govs by Igbos.
Igbo govs have NEVER included Yorubas and Non-Igbos in its politics or federal positions.

Yorubas need to stick together on this one. Enough is enough![/size]

39 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by plaindealer: 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2013
lol.

I saw this coming.. This is what you get when you delude yourself and over push your luck.

This is the begining of the end, that market shouldn't have been allowed in a residential area to start with, it's a huge security threat especially with these unruly and violent market thugs running wild all over the place.

That place is getting shut down, it's just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
Awake9ja: these yorubas here online mocking the ibos pls can you come over to my middle beltan state and tell me why I should love you guys more above ibos.

ibos are always industrious and hard working and lover of their host community and contribute selflessly to their host community.
as much as I love one Nigeria I blv Fulani, Yoruba and hausas are the most hypothetical and destroyer of the one Nigeria they profess.

come on if you guys hate the ibos this much why did you fight along with us to bring them back?
even here in the middle belt and core north the ibos are not treated this way.

pls evil is evil and it pains me more that most of the yorubas here rejoicing are either Christian or muslim.

You're indeed from the middle belt huh?

Yet 95% of your posts are anti-Yoruba. Who are you kidding? Keep creating more IDs to forsake your ancestors just because you want to polish your Yoruba-hatred pistol grin

24 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by nextdoor84(m): 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
Bringing mopol and army will not solve this problem...remember you are not coming to harrass some lebanese or ghanians! Untill Nigeria constitution is changed the Ibo's have thesame right as you in Lagos state....most of you yorubas that make noise on here are also immigrant as it is in Nigeria today(not from Lagos)God bless Nigeria.

34 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Awake9ja(m): 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
Aedes_muskeeto: I swear to God i saw this coming.....

Now to my chest-beating "black jews"

this is what happens when you think you're above the law

case closed...

seriously when fashola deportation of the northerners and other yorubas started I know he is just beating about the bush that he is heading back to hunt and heat ibos harder and deeply.

as a Christian and a man with conscience I must say it the way it is, "what fashola and his Yoruba people are doing to the ibos are evil"
it does'nt concern me since am not ibo but I feel for the ibos bcus they are human being also.
they deserve better.

6 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
Awake9ja:

seriously when fashola deportation of the northerners and other yorubas started I know he is just beating about the bush that he is heading back to hunt and heat ibos harder and deeply.

as a Christian and a man with conscience I must say it the way it is, "what fashola and his Yoruba people are doing to the ibos are evil"
it does'nt concern me since am not ibo but I feel for the ibos bcus they are human being also.
they deserve better.

And did your Christian conscience not tell you that what Fashola did to Hausas and Yorubas was evil? Abi did your conscience fail to keep you alert during those period(s)?

Or is it because your Ibo people are now under the same knife it's wrong?

Are Yorubas, Hausas, and Fulanis the only ones allowed to be deported?

19 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by kettykin: 5:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
This is very good news , this is the beginning of an unending economic war BRB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

State By State Breakdown Of Goodluck Jonathans Achievements / Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) / ISSA Revelations On Buhari Government, Boko Haram, Deaths Of Badeh, Alkali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.