Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court (16267 Views)

Court Ruled In January That INEC Can Use Any Method For Results Transmission / Electoral Officers In Imo Say Elections Were Not Held Yet, Results Were Collated / 2023: Nigerians Will Reject APC Candidates If They Act Like PDP - Omo-Agege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by nwakibie3(m): 3:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
sharp sharp judgement grin grin
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by Augustecomte(m): 3:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
Which one are we going to believe now
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by senatordave1(m): 3:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
TheGreenLand:
Go INEC, i support you people
This ruling came late,the earlier judgment will be obeyed.
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by senatordave1(m): 3:29pm On Jan 25, 2019
nwakibie3:
sharp sharp judgement grin grin
It was late,another court ruled already
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by paq1: 3:29pm On Jan 25, 2019
Way to go.

1 Like

Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by NotBeenPaid: 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2019

Why are you taking down my comments mods? But you enjoy posting fake news from NgeneUkwenu all over FP right? And you've taken down two of my comments already referencing the fake news created by NgeneUkwenu you moved to FP

https://www.nairaland.com/4982711/breaking-high-court-upholds-zamfara

https://www.nairaland.com/4982794/court-orders-inec-accept-zamfara

I never broke any rule, STOP TAKING DOWN MY COMMENTS MODS BECAUSE AIN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FAKE NEWS YOU SPREAD ON FPangry

Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by senatordave1(m): 3:35pm On Jan 25, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
There is another court judgement in Gusau Okaying the primaries.The case should hurry and come to the supreme court
Nobody will bring it beyond this point.there's a precedence moreover.during the case between ikpeazu and ogah over who was pdp candidate,same scenario occurred.a high court gave judgment in favour of ogah,a day later an osisioma court ruled in favor of ikpeazu but inec was advised to obey the first ruling and it did.
Again in 2016,the cjn criticized courts of equal ranking for giving conflucting rulings.he ordered them to harmonize and that when a a federal high court or appeal court rules,the ruling should be circulated among all its divisions for them to use until the apex court rules
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by Kingspin(m): 3:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
From the lawless party no wonder they want to destroy the court.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by Kingspin(m): 3:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
seunfly:
Some times I feel Buhari doesn't influence all this agencies to do things, other wise how could INEC deliberately refused APC's candidates in some states knowing fully well it is a direct gift to PDP. I think people only make notice if those things involves PDP otherwise I can't fantom what would have happened by now if it was PDP's candidates that INEC deliberately disqualified like that and I don't think this will ever happen if it was PDP government.

Anyway me I just dey sitdon dey look as a neutral.

Kingsley is my candidate since SDP don pusure Donald Duke and they don commot chair for anty Obi ezekweazeli yansh.
One major bad state of Nigeria as a country is lawlessness. If you break the law prepare to face the punishment
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by okc4nairaland: 3:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
[quote author=seunfly post=75101214]Some times I feel Buhari doesn't influence all this agencies to do things, other wise how could INEC deliberately refused APC's candidates in some states knowing fully well it is a direct gift to PDP. I think people only make notice if those things involves PDP otherwise I can't fantom what would have happened by now if it was PDP's candidates that INEC deliberately disqualified like that and I don't think this will ever happen if it was PDP government.

Kingsley is my candidate since SDP don pusure Donald Duke and they don commot chair for anty Obi ezekweazeli yansh. [/quotei
Others political parties are closely monitoring the case. So INEC can not compromise since all eyes is on them including international observers
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:49pm On Jan 25, 2019
senatordave1:

Nobody will bring it beyond this point.there's a precedence moreover.during the case between ikpeazu and ogah over who was pdp candidate,same scenario occurred.a high court gave judgment in favour of ogah,a day later an osisioma court ruled in favor of ikpeazu but inec was advised to obey the first ruling and it did.
Again in 2016,the cjn criticized courts of equal ranking for giving conflucting rulings.he ordered them to harmonize and that when a a federal high court or appeal court rules,the ruling should be circulated among all its divisions for them to use until the apex court rules
The appeal court and supreme courts ruled in favour of Ikpeazu and that is why he remained in power.
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 3:50pm On Jan 25, 2019
APC does not obey court order ,it is not in their dictionary..
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by eneyoduke(m): 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2019
I wish APC government can obeg court ruling just like INEC
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by seunfly: 3:54pm On Jan 25, 2019
Kingspin:
One major bad state of Nigeria as a country is lawlessness. If you break the law prepare to face the punishment
Hipocricy is another major issues, the masses that has nothing to gain from lawless behavior of the elite will join hands to shout blue blood if law tries to catch up with them. They either use religion, ethnicity or political affiliation to mobilize the idiots on their side and the fools will follow without asking questions.
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by Ayed44: 3:58pm On Jan 25, 2019
seunfly:
Some times I feel Buhari doesn't influence all this agencies to do things, other wise how could INEC deliberately refused APC's candidates in some states knowing fully well it is a direct gift to PDP. I think people only make noice if those things involves PDP otherwise I can't fantom what would have happened by now if it was PDP's candidates that INEC deliberately disqualified like that and I don't think this will ever happen if it was PDP government.

Kingsley is my candidate since SDP don pusure Donald Duke and they don commot chair for anty Obi ezekweazeli yansh.
INEC did not disqualify APC candidates. The problem is that APC simply refused to conduct primaries in zamfara state. U may try to update urself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 25, 2019
[quote author=Tetehjewels post=75101288]
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by seunfly: 4:02pm On Jan 25, 2019
[quote author=okc4nairaland post=75101916][/quote]

You think INEC took those decisions because anybody was looking at them? Those decision were taken b4 political scene becomes hot like this.

If it was so, why is PDP shouting about rigging?
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by seunfly: 4:04pm On Jan 25, 2019
Ayed44:
INEC did not disqualify APC candidates. The problem is that APC simply refused to conduct primaries in zamfara state. U may try to update urself.

Lol!!! Is this case the first case politacal parties will not conduct primary?
PDP is the master of conseus candidate and nothing has happened.

I'm not here to take side, I'm only saying the truth from neutral point of view.
It is always good to be objective in thinking and argument, taking side always blind our eyes and at the end we will still be the one to cry later.
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 25, 2019
wiskana4re:

THOSE WHO CAN READ BUT LACK UNDERSTANDING, PLS READ FROM THE SOURCE. THE COURT SUPPORT INEC DECISION TO BAN APC CANDIDATE IN ZAMFARA STATE FROM FIELDING CANDIDATE. PLS CLICK THE LINK BELOW
https://guardian.ng/news/court-upholds-inec-ban-on-apc-candidates-in-zamfara/

Stop crying

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/court-affirms-zamfara-apc-primaries-asks-inec-to-accept-candidates.html?fbclid=IwAR1dBcar5zw5Tg4_Yn_ot95wco1AGPJuk8OOBs1t7OP6neehTWEX7EdeEnI
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by paq1: 4:09pm On Jan 25, 2019
seunfly:

Lol!!! Is this case the first case politacl parties will not conduct primary?

Consensus candidacy iss a valid primary. The issue with zamfara is that they didn't conduct any.INEC didn't witness any and the stakeholders didn't agree on any.
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by Kingspin(m): 4:11pm On Jan 25, 2019
seunfly:

Hipocricy is another major issues, the masses that has nothing to gain from lawless behavior of the elite will join hands to shout blue blood if law tries to catch up with them. They either use religion, ethnicity or political affiliation to mobilize the idiots on their side and the fools will follow without asking questions.
Religion, ethnicity or political affiliation. These are why Nigeria found it too hard to revolutionise, grew, and live in peace and above all love they neighbour. These divides is what is bringing Nigera to her kneel.
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by seunfly: 4:12pm On Jan 25, 2019
paq1:

Consensus candidacy iss a valid primary. The issue with zamfara is that they didn't conduct any.INEC didn't witness any and the stakeholders didn't agree on any.

Printing one presidential form is a legitimate primary
Bros, let's leave it like that.
Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by paq1: 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2019
seunfly:

Printing one presidential form is a legitimate primary
Bros, let's leave it like that.
There Is no argument abegi. INEC affirmed that APC didn't hold primaries and therefore doesn't have candidates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by seunfly: 4:22pm On Jan 25, 2019
Kingspin:
Religion, ethnicity or political affiliation. These are why Nigeria found it too hard to revolutionise, grew, and live in peace and above all love they neighbour. These divides is what is bringing Nigera to her kneel.

Those 3 things takes away common sense from man, people simply lose their ability to reason once any of this things comes into play. Emotions sets in and ability to think with sense evaporates.

For this reasons, my hope for great Nigeria does not exist except the next generation can remedy it, but this generation has lost it.

1 Like

Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by Ayed44: 4:22pm On Jan 25, 2019
seunfly:

Lol!!! Is this case the first case politacal parties will not conduct primary?

I'm not here to take side, I'm only saying the truth from neutral point of view.
It is always good to be objective in thinking and argument, taking side always blind our eyes and at the end we will still be the one to cry later.
I only corrected ur misconception that INEC disqualified APC candidates. It is both misleading and inciting. INEC cannot disqualify candidates that are dully elected by political parties. INEC can only reject candidates whose nominations contradict INEC rules.

1 Like

Re: INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court by seunfly: 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2019
paq1:

There Is no argument abegi. INEC affirmed that APC didn't hold primaries and therefore doesn't have candidates.

Yes and I praise them and this government for that because this will never ever under PDP that prints just one presidential form.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ninth House Of Reps status: APC Has 211 Members, PDP 111- Punch newspaper / Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless / 2023: Why Labour Party Campaign Council Not Yet Out – Umeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.