Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana (23404 Views)

When Will The Governorship Elections Petition Tribunals Deliver Judgement? / Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola / 10 Dead Judges Among Newly Appointed Election Petition Tribunals’ Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by MediaLife: 8:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
Renowned human rights activist, Femi Falana (SAN) says the Chief Justice of Nigerians has no Role in the selection of Election Petition Tribunals.

The Human Right Activist while speaking on the suspension of Onnoghen at the Channels TV confirm the Tribunals are selected by the President of the court of Appeal and only inaugurated by the CJN

He said:

Chief Justice of Nigeria has NO ROLE WHATSOEVER in the selection of Election Petition Tribunals. “They are selected by the President of the Court of Appeal; they are only inaugurated by the CJN.”

Watch Video HERE

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/01/cjn-has-no-role-in-selection-of.html

7 Likes

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by Blakjewelry(m): 8:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
tell zombies o, I don't use such words but recent event has proven it

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
So why the rush? why not allow the law take its course.

The ex - parte order is suspect and should be investigated - Falana

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by ishiamu(m): 8:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
I wonder what that ngene or cleverly or cilicmarin will do if buhari lose.... I am just imagining

22 Likes

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by discusant: 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
Only a fool would not see that suspension of CJN by Buhari cabal is for the CABAL's desire to remain in Aso Rock beyond May 29.

President Buhari further exposed the CABAL through his reading the allegations against the CJN before TV cameras.

When did the president become a prosecutor?

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by fiercehillz(m): 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
Wait ooo...is it only me...it looks like the most educated people in this country hate the tyrant...only the 30k monthly gang and the walking dead are the ones rooting for the bigot.

Pls if by tomorrow I become a supporter of the nepotistic fellow, biko hold me down, flog me, take me to a church for deliverance...if these don't work...yaba left straight for proper brain scan.

76 Likes 13 Shares

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by oluboom(m): 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
So?
Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by Soskid(m): 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
Good
Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by babalonshee(m): 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
gud
Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
Yes
Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by obailala(m): 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
I thought the real motive behind replacing the CJN was for the new guy to appoint loyalists for the election tribubals?.... If the new/Ag. CJN is so powerless, why's there so much noise about this saga being linked to elections?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by Perrycandid: 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
Person way no get result, how him go take know
Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by Stalwert: 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
But idiotic pigs and idiots said that is why Tanko was selected... They have no honor so they do not understand that a criminal should never head the judiciary. That is why they support Atiku

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by Dpharisee: 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
Buhari doesn't know that one, he thought the CJN nominated the tribunal members. That's what you get when your president has never presented any certificate showing that he passed any examination grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by Prestonvic(m): 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
good
Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by Iamdarmie(m): 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
This country yaff taya me finally �

2 Likes

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by bedspread: 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
Our President has Thrown his Penalty over the Bar

6 Likes

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by rusher14: 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
Mountain of a molehill.

Same Tribunal Judges as were previously selected were sworn in.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
You can infer from Falana statement on Channles TV that both sides are wrong.

The CJN Onnoghen ought to have at least resign

The presidency shouldn’t have resorted to Jungle justice

The NJC should protect the integrity of the Judiciary

God bless Nigeria

23 Likes

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by Devondt(m): 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
Wailers take over

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by djshevytee: 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
B
Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by NothingDoMe: 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
Blakjewelry:
Lol.

1 Like

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by XTHRONE(m): 8:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
A.you can't give what you don't have. Atiku is a business man just like Trump, I believe he will get Nigeria working again, Buhari on the other hand is a cattle rearer, Nigerians are not cows. We can see the embact on the economy, besides age and health is not on his side. Only retards will vote for these man, if not tell me one reason why you should vote for buhari. Don't tell me he is fighting corruption, if he is , what happened to Maina and Ganduje, when Atiku was in APC, he was a saint immediately he left, APC reminded him that he can't go to USA, of which he prove them wrong.bunch of hypocrite s.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by deji17: 8:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
Sai Buhari!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by Toosure70: 8:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
proudly afonja SAN.

1 Like

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by Lexusgs430: 8:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
It's the rigging machines on standby.......

1 Like

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by semyman: 8:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
Will you just keep quiet?
Gani was never like this, no one knows where you belong
Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by Waffarianman(m): 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
Blakjewelry:

We have to TELL them Zombies.

1 Like

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by scopusng(m): 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
Gbagbo treatment loading-------

Buhari, see your life

1 Like

Re: CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana by olujastro: 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
Iblad0994:
You can infer from Falana statement on Channles TV that both sides are wrong.

The CJN Onnoghen ought to have at least resign

The presidency shouldn’t have resorted to Jungle justice

The NJC should protect the integrity of the Judiciary

God bless Nigeria
I'm watching it live and I totally agree.
But Mr President couldn't have watched as the CJN who should be the chief custodian of the law was abusing every process set up by law to try his case.

PMB's courageous action is now forcing every body involved to act.
So kudos to PMB for his bravery.

21 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: There Are Plots To Keep Presidency In The North –prof. Sagay / I Never Supported Tinubu To Be His Running Mate - Shettima / Atiku: Why Amaechi Should Resign As Minister – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.