Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:20 AM

For The First Time I Agree With Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For The First Time I Agree With Buhari (6196 Views)

I Am Obedient, I Agree With With Thisday About Obi’s Nonexistent In Nw & Ne. / Minister Kemi Adeosun Spotted With Buhari Amid NYSC Certificate Forgery. Photos / US Reacts To Plateau Killings, Reveals What They Will Do With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Sam0(m): 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2019
mekaboy:

Someone who is the second largest employer apart from the government of the state, is it the rich he is employing? Someone that brought people from Bangladesh to run a micro finance bank to support poor people in adamawa as an individual.

The major reason why there is high level of unemployment is not the fall in oil price. But failure of leadership. Buhari started his one sided anti-corruption fight, made politicians to hide their money . And some joined APC and are still hiding their money safely.

But when you have business men like Atiku Obi in power, they will show the looters where to invest in Nigeria to create jobs, boost the economy and make profit. Because almost everyone in Nigeria has benefited in one way or the other in corruption. Do you think Ganduje is going to invest that $5 million? No he wants it in Foreign currency and cash so he can easily move it without trace .

$5 million stacked in agbada, is 181,000,000. That could have provided startup loan to 181 youths given 1 million as capital .

And the poor man that steals #500:end up in the jail or even burnt alive while the rich are given amnesty for stealing billions of naira meant for the generality of the people.I am telling you his government is for the bourgeoisie (the rich).
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by mekaboy(m): 6:27pm On Feb 01, 2019
Sam0:

And the poor man that steals #500:end up in the jail or even burnt alive while the rich are given amnesty for stealing billions of naira meant for the generality of the people.I am telling you his government is for the bourgeoisie (the rich).

If the rich looters invested in Nigeria, there won't be poor to steal. So once you have business men at the top, the economy will become vibrant. Those countries they take that money to, are using it to create jobs for their own people.

4 Likes

Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Sam0(m): 6:42pm On Feb 01, 2019
mekaboy:

If the rich looters invested in Nigeria, there won't be poor to steal. So once you have business men at the top, the economy will become vibrant. Those countries they take that money to, are using it to create jobs for their own people.

How many poor people has he elevated from poverty? If he has then the state government and him alone won't be only employer of labour in his state.He built schools Hw many poor man can afford the school fees? He built schools yet the northerners are the most uneducated people in Nigeria.this is what president Buhari is correcting. People are now going to school and over one million children are fed every school days.Bro government is all about people,people and people.
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Malawian(m): 6:44pm On Feb 01, 2019
mekaboy:
After watching Buhari and Atiku on the candidates, I have come to the conclusion that Buhari was right about Nigerian Youths being lazy. I choose to concentrate on Buhari and Atiku because they are the two most popular candidates with stronger party structure.

The youths watched the interview of two teams. One team believes .

One who could not understand questions . One that believes that the best way to grow the economy is increase tax of already struggling businesses and borrow more.

While the other believes in reducing tax, bringing in more investors who will create more jobs and then more people will be in the tax net as a result of employment.

One team believes that empowerment for youths is by paying people who studied medicine, engineering, pharmacy etc 30k to go and teach primary school children religious knowledge primary school.

While the other believes in working with banks to reduce interests rates on loans to empower startups.

They look at one team that has been successful in business with evidence of turning $30 million to $100 million in just 1 investment.

Left 75 billion in cash and investments for a state, which has never been done in Nigeria. With moderator admitting that Atiku is the second largest employer apart from government. That he has invested in both Education, health and finance as an individual.

Yet the other has never done any business outside government or employed anyone outside government. While Peter obi has shown evidence of his ability to bring international investors into Nigeria, by the Anambra example..
While one team goes about painting the image Nigeria black and expecting investors to come, the other team believes in selling the potentials of the nation and reducing tax to attract investors. Are we surprised that we are losing investors to Ghana?

Instead of being motivated by the business acumen of the innovative team, they tag it corruption.

So I have come to the conclusion that the youths supporting buhari are truly the lazy youths that are afraid to think outside the box. They are afraid to start something from scratch and grow it. They are afraid to venture into business. They just want to work for government and do nothing meaningful with their lives.

They see that 30k as gainfully employed . While over 20 million real jobs have been lost in banks, telecoms etc, they see 30k job of teaching and wasting potentials as real jobs.

Yet the world richest men today are products of a private sector driven economy. Imagine if the founders of Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Alibaba etc were paid 30k to teach in the villages or given 10k in 4 years as trader money?

So it is clear to me today that Nigerian Youths are truly lazy as buhari said and just want to sit and be paid for doing nothing. If not, why will any youth still support buhari after watching Atiku?

Point of Correction....

Yoruba Youths and not Nigerian Youths are Lazy.

2 Likes

Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by citizenY(m): 6:59pm On Feb 01, 2019
anjigirl:
Leave them! We shall meet at the poll
The thief invested $30million state fund into his family business and they called him a genius
Even if he turned it to $1 trillion, a thief is a thief, it’s not done anywhere
He should try it in USA or China then see if he won’t be killed or given life sentence

Nigerians are really at the crossroads. This I'd not unconnected with recent experience from revelations of grand theft. They are faced with tough choices, the APC / doctor who has somehow become the patient and the carrier of the virus/ PDP.

It appears the trend is to follow those who claim to correct the ills and fear those who want to come back to resume work.

My fear , on a personal note is that this virus will develop strains that will endure that no Buhari type trashes their efforts when they resume work. I would have wanted a situation where PDP wins this election and revenge / investigate APC too. By the time we have three or four changes in government, everybody will sit up.

May the best man win.
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Basic123: 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2019
;S I am happy with this thread.we buhari supporter dey give them serious headache!
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by mekaboy(m): 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2019
Sam0:

How many poor people has he elevated from poverty? If he has then the state government and him alone won't be only employer of labour in his state.He built schools Hw many poor man can afford the school fees? He built schools yet the northerners are the most uneducated people in Nigeria.this is what president Buhari is correcting. People are now going to school and over one million children are fed every school days.Bro government is all about people,people and people.

There is a problem with your comprehension. Schools that are on strike? When over 20 million jobs are lost? What is he correcting? When you can't increase teachers salary, how will education improve? Everything has increased including transport, how o their parents afford to take them to school? isn't it better he uses that money for to improve the welfare of the teachers? If more Nigerians are getting educated will he be have anyone to vote him? He is banking on poverty and illiteracy.

1 Like

Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Nsimaimeh: 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2019
One will give amesty to looter and perhaps insert corruption in our constitution.
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by mekaboy(m): 8:11pm On Feb 01, 2019
citizenY:

Nigerians are really at the crossroads. This I'd not unconnected with recent experience from revelations of grand theft. They are faced with tough choices, the APC / doctor who has somehow become the patient and the carrier of the virus/ PDP.

It appears the trend is to follow those who claim to correct the ills and fear those who want to come back to resume work.

My fear , on a personal note is that this virus will develop strains that will endure that no Buhari type trashes their efforts when they resume work. I would have wanted a situation where PDP wins this election and revenge / investigate APC too. By the time we have three or four changes in government, everybody will sit up.

May the best man win.

I think the reverse is the case here, buhari is the virus, what we now have in a APC are those who did not have opportunity to loot, joined by those who looted before. So the result is higher corruption as shown by transparency international. But corruption does not scare investors, what scares them is a leader that has no regards for the rule of law, and one who is unable to sell opportunities to them.

That is why trump met him and allegedly called him lifeless.

1 Like

Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2019
earthsync:

Show the looters where to invest? Christ! I give up
Looters like Ganduje,Buhari is endorsing will bring out the money
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by mekaboy(m): 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2019
Nsimaimeh:
One will give amesty to looter and perhaps insert corruption in our constitution.

Hasn't buhari already raised the hand of the chief looter and asked the people of Kano to reelect him to reloot?
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by citizenY(m): 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2019
mekaboy:

I think the reverse is the case here, buhari is the virus, what we now have in a APC are those who did not have opportunity to loot, joined by those who looted before. So the result is higher corruption as shown by transparency international. But corruption does not scare investors, what scares them is a leader that has no regards for the rule of law, and one who is unable to sell opportunities to them.

That is why trump met him and allegedly called him lifeless.

We are saying the same thing. The governing word here is "virus" . I also talked about the doctor becoming the patient.

Yes, corruption does not scare investors because many of them exploit it. Disregard for the rule of law and "purchasing " judgment are sides of the same coin.Both are wrong. We are in dire straits, I tell you
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Sam0(m): 8:42pm On Feb 01, 2019
mekaboy:

There is a problem with your comprehension. Schools that are on strike? When over 20 million jobs are lost? What is he correcting? When you can't increase teachers salary, how will education improve? Everything has increased including transport, how o their parents afford to take them to school? isn't it better he uses that money for to improve the welfare of the teachers? If more Nigerians are getting educated will he be have anyone to vote him? He is banking on poverty and illiteracy.
The agreement held between ASSU and government that led to strike was entered by your PDP government which they failed to fulfil, back then in 2010 i was also affected so is not a new issue.talkig about unemployment, the textile industry, Michelin all closed down during PDP regime so what r utalking about? 500,000 people were employed by Buhariled government.It has never happened any where in the world.mean while you sound like a teacher.
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by socialmediaman: 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2019
anjigirl:
We are going to find out if people really wish to turn back the hand of the clock in the next few days, $29 in 1999 is worth over 200k now if you take inflation into consideration and its purchasing power
My dad as a professor was earning like 23.000 naira around 1998-1990 after Obasanjo increased his salary by X3

You may be right, value of money isn’t the same, but also our GDP has grown from around $35 billion in 1999 to $481 billion in 2015. Guess what it is now under Buhari? $375 billion, that’s insane! Someone who does not understand basic questions asked by a moderator cannot run an economy talkless fight corruption.

We will find out this month like you said, if people want to move forward from where we were in 2015, or move backward all the way to 1983.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by mekaboy(m): 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2019
Sam0:

The agreement held between ASSU and government that led to strike was entered by your PDP government which they failed to fulfil, back then in 2010 i was also affected so is not a new issue.talkig about unemployment, the textile industry, Michelin all closed down during PDP regime so what r utalking about? 500,000 people were employed by Buhariled government.It has never happened any where in the world.mean while you sound like a teacher.

20 million real jobs - 500,000 fake peanuts = 19,500,000. Since he can't solve PDP problems, he should step aside for PDP to solve it.

1 Like

Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Sam0(m): 10:01pm On Feb 01, 2019
mekaboy:

20 million real jobs - 500,000 fake peanuts = 19,500,000. Since he can't solve PDP problems, he should step aside for PDP to solve it.
Indeed.I hope u calculated millions of people that lost their job in textile industry and Michelin.mean while I don't think you put our growing population into consideration.over population is when the total number of people in a country is more than the resources the country have.our growing population is the major cause of unemployment.Ghana got her independence in1957 before Nigeria,the population of Ghana is over 23 million slightly more than the population of Lagos state,Nigeria got her independent in 1960 our population to me is 200 million,compare it with Ghana and tell me why the rate of unemployment should not be high after 16 good years of mismanagement and embezzlement of public money by PDP led government,as at 2008 Nigeria has the potential of being like Dubai but greediness of PDP govt ruin the country's economy down.IMF predicted Nigeria will get out of recession in 3 years but under 11 months President Buhari brought the country out of recession.pls put sentiment out of this and let's be frank with our selves.
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by mekaboy(m): 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2019
Sam0:

Indeed.I hope u calculated millions of people that lost their job in textile industry and Michelin.mean while I don't think you put our growing population into consideration.over population is when the total number of people in a country is more than the resources the country have.our growing population is the major cause of unemployment.Ghana got her independence in1957 before Nigeria,the population of Ghana is over 23 million slightly more than the population of Lagos state,Nigeria got her independent in 1960 our population to me is 200 million,compare it with Ghana and tell me why the rate of unemployment should not be high after 16 good years of mismanagement and embezzlement of public money by PDP led government,as at 2008 Nigeria has the potential of being like Dubai but greediness of PDP govt ruin the country's economy down.IMF predicted Nigeria will get out of recession in 3 years but under 11 months President Buhari brought the country out of recession.pls put sentiment out of this and let's be frank with our selves.

Our population was growing when MTN,Airtel, DSTV .etc came to Nigeria to create employment. It was growing when all these banks you know today came up under the 16 years. Even this platform you are using to type this thing came up in the 16 years of PDP. All of a sudden population becomes the problem.

If the government understands business and economics, the population would have been an asset rather than a liability.

All the billionaires in the world capitalized on population to become rich.

So you have further proven that this administration has no where to hide their failure.

2 Likes

Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 01, 2019
nonsobaba:
SalamRushdie, are you paid to be on nairaland, cos I always find you on every thread insulting Buhari
she's a product of hatred

Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Xander85: 10:45pm On Feb 01, 2019
Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Sneaky thread title to draw in the zombies! wink
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by danchi2019(m): 11:07pm On Feb 01, 2019
how much dam pay u?
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by danchi2019(m): 11:08pm On Feb 01, 2019
how much dem pay u?
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Emvico34: 11:22pm On Feb 01, 2019
360degreess:
Trash trash trash!!!!!
see one. ... Zombie kawai

1 Like

Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by citizenY(m): 10:34am On Feb 02, 2019
Sam0:

Anytime I put whatever component of our GDP against our population, I wonder how we can make it.

Consider crude oil USD 60, production sharing agreement with oil companies at 60/40, cash call at 60/40, you have USD 36 per barrel. Where will that take us?
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by mekaboy(m): 11:01am On Feb 02, 2019
citizenY:

Anytime I put whatever component of our GDP against our population, I wonder how we can make it.

Consider crude oil USD 60, production sharing agreement with oil companies at 60/40, cash call at 60/40, you have USD 36 per barrel. Where will that take us?

A businessman will know how to take that little and turn it to much and invite more investors at the same time.

1 Like

Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by citizenY(m): 11:11am On Feb 02, 2019
mekaboy:

A businessman will know how to take that little and turn it to much and invite more investors at the same time.

Surely not a businessman that has a proclivity of diverting the cow's teat to his lips.
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Amumaigwe: 11:59am On Feb 02, 2019
anjigirl:
We are going to find out if people really wish to turn back the hand of the clock in the next few days, $29 in 1999 is worth over 200k now if you take inflation into consideration and its purchasing power
My dad as a professor was earning like 23.000 naira around 1998-1990 after Obasanjo increased his salary by X3

For a whole professor to produce and raise a child with this your level of reasoning, I am really sorry for his students' destiny. Gosh!
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Amumaigwe: 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2019
allthingsgood:

This is obviously the lamest excuse i have ever seen
First of all, are u referring to the same Ngige in Buhari's administration
Obi is not known for any meaningful development. Since ngige, nobody have really done much till the current governor perhaps

And innoson motors can never be credited to Peter obi! period

You wish. Come to Anambra and speak ill of Obi and be lynched by the millions of common street men he has touched their lives through grassroot-based governance.
You guys find it hard to believe Obi's larger-than-life reputation because your sophisticated Western governors have failed you people and you wish the failure is universal. It really takes so much to be Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Kagawa10: 12:15pm On Feb 02, 2019
socialmediaman:

Don’t you think millions of Nigerians want to turn back the clock a little to 2015 when there was some hope and also due process?

So let’s say it’s not Buhari’s fault but lack of money, what is he still doing as president since he can’t fix it? When OBJ became president in 1999, there was lack of money too, oil sold for less than $29 for some time, but he and Atiku fixed it by privatizing public companies and attracting investors, which Buhari can’t do due to his ethnic bias, current mental state and lack of economic management skills.

What's this one even saying? You forgot to say that during the time of Obasanjo, 5naira could buy 10 wraps of groundnut. 10naira could buy you a plate of rice at school which I did then hence $29 per a barrel of crude oil was a lot of money in those days and it didn't even take long before the price even got consecutively increased.

Apart from the fact that things have changed and our money is not as valuable as it was, crude oil's price has remained low under Apc for 4yrs now. How did you expect the state of bouyancy to improve at that rate?
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Kagawa10: 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2019
mekaboy:

Will you keep quiet? We all saw how the clueless Jona you adore invested a lot even when crudeoil was selling at a high rate of $105 for more than 5yrs. We all saw how our foreign reserve ''increased'' from $48b to $26b. Din't you see the increase? Yeye hypocritic man.
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Kagawa10: 12:29pm On Feb 02, 2019
mekaboy:

Our population was growing when MTN,Airtel, DSTV .etc came to Nigeria to create employment. It was growing when all these banks you know today came up under the 16 years. Even this platform you are using to type this thing came up in the 16 years of PDP. All of a sudden population becomes the problem.

If the government understands business and economics, the population would have been an asset rather than a liability.

All the billionaires in the world capitalized on population to become rich.

So you have further proven that this administration has no where to hide their failure.
And our naira was valuable then. Tell us what your lord and saviour Jonathan did in his 5yrs spearheading Nigeria, not the megedefede rubbish you dey spew.
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 12:30pm On Feb 02, 2019
khingTony:
this is excellent

I don't really know why sane people will still support buhari when they know he has nothing other than promises to offer, in his first term he has failed to fulfil almost 80% of his promises, yet they still want him to continue

The problem of Nigeria is not buhari but the "Lazy youths" according to your post @OP
you are Wrong,
buhari has almost fulfill 80% of what he promise. which pdp never achieve 10% for 16yrs. the only achievement of pdp in 16yrs according to the jobless AGGRESSIVE LAZY idiotic pigs that thief obj sign the paper that brought MTN for 16yrs.
pls tell us what PDP achieve with our $1.1tr accrue to them in 16yrs.
mekaboy is a disgrace to this generation.
Re: For The First Time I Agree With Buhari by Kagawa10: 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2019
socialmediaman:

You may be right, value of money isn’t the same, but also our GDP has grown from around $35 billion in 1999 to $481 billion in 2015. Guess what it is now under Buhari? $375 billion, that’s insane! Someone who does not understand basic questions asked by a moderator cannot run an economy talkless fight corruption.

We will find out this month like you said, if people want to move forward from where we were in 2015, or move backward all the way to 1983.
What trash is the one saying? People were saying Crude oil price dropped to a paltry $50 for 4yrs under Apc yet they had more projects, compared to the whooping $105 in 5yrs under Jonathan yet some eediots expect our Gdp to increase?

You can't be a supporter of Pdp and be sane.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Livestock Transformation Development Plan / Apapa Gridlock Persists, Lagos Blames NPA, MAN Laments Losses / Let's Support, Not Attack Tinubu’s Government, Benjamin Kalu Urges South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.