Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

CCB Act That Indicts The Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCB Act That Indicts The Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen (17268 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCB Act That Indicts The Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen by ABSTRUSE: 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2019
kahal29:
Some have argued that section 3 (d) of the code of conduct bureau and Tribunal act exonerate the suspended CJN Justice Walter Onnoghen from his present trial however going by his statement to the CCB it could be clearly seen that section 6 (b) of the same act indicts him assuming without conceding that he is exonerated by section 3 of the act.

According to section 6 of the CCB ACT...

Restrictions on specified officers:

Pls read the proviso to S. 3 and thank me later

Without prejudice to the generality of section 5 of this Act, A PUBLIC OFFICER SHALL NOT

(a) Receive or be paid the emoluments of any public office at the same time as he receives or is paid the emoluments of any other public office; or

(b) Except where he is not employed on full-time basis, engage or participate in the management or running of any private business, profession or trade; but nothing in this paragraph shall prevent a public officer from engaging in farming or participating in the management or running of any farm.

http://lawnigeria.com/LawsoftheFederation/CODE-OF-CONDUCT-BUREAU-AND-TRIBUNAL-ACT.html

Now according to Justice Walter Onnoghen's response statement to the CCB he said and I quote
[b][/b]

https://www.nairaland.com/4995693/onnoghens-response-code-conduct-bureau

Therefore, going by Justice Onnoghen own admission of engaging in other businesses such Forex trading, AGRICODE (what ever that means) and investments which is prohibited by section 6(b) of the act i think it would be easier for the camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for CCT to free Justice Onnoghen at the end of his trial.

Finally, could be the realisation of this very fact that his legion of SAN'S are now looking for a soft landing for him as reported in the Punch Newspaper of Today? Could it also be the reason why the CCT Chairman, Justice Danladi is not bothered about his earlier rulings?

Please read the proviso to S. 3 and thank me later
Re: CCB Act That Indicts The Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen by asamaigho(m): 8:57pm On Feb 02, 2019
kahal29:
Some have argued that section 3 (d) of the code of conduct bureau and Tribunal act exonerate the suspended CJN Justice Walter Onnoghen from his present trial however going by his statement to the CCB it could be clearly seen that section 6 (b) of the same act indicts him assuming without conceding that he is exonerated by section 3 of the act.

According to section 6 of the CCB ACT...

Restrictions on specified officers:

Without prejudice to the generality of section 5 of this Act, A PUBLIC OFFICER SHALL NOT

(a) Receive or be paid the emoluments of any public office at the same time as he receives or is paid the emoluments of any other public office; or

(b) Except where he is not employed on full-time basis, engage or participate in the management or running of any private business, profession or trade; but nothing in this paragraph shall prevent a public officer from engaging in farming or participating in the management or running of any farm.

http://lawnigeria.com/LawsoftheFederation/CODE-OF-CONDUCT-BUREAU-AND-TRIBUNAL-ACT.html

Now according to Justice Walter Onnoghen's response statement to the CCB he said and I quote
[b][/b]

https://www.nairaland.com/4995693/onnoghens-response-code-conduct-bureau

Therefore, going by Justice Onnoghen own admission of engaging in other businesses such Forex trading, AGRICODE (what ever that means) and investments which is prohibited by section 6(b) of the act i think it would be easier for the camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for CCT to free Justice Onnoghen at the end of his trial.

Finally, could be the realisation of this very fact that his legion of SAN'S are now looking for a soft landing for him as reported in the Punch Newspaper of Today? Could it also be the reason why the CCT Chairman, Justice Danladi is not bothered about his earlier rulings?

am not a lawyer but this ur analogy makes less than sense na.....this guy sef.
Re: CCB Act That Indicts The Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen by bigfish3k: 2:47pm On Feb 04, 2019
post=75341208:
Guys should know better by now.......

the kind of hell fire awaiting u eee. what kind of devilish propaganda is this

how does that man look like onnogen

are u not concerned that ur president is not aware of his environment
Re: CCB Act That Indicts The Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen by IchBinBrait(m): 8:17am On Apr 05, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
I have investments in AIICO insurance now does that mean i am now involved in the management and running of AIICO insurance PLC?
What am i exactly to AIICO a director,staff or Client?

You are a customer. A major stakeholder in the company. So when your investments reaches maturity, don't hesitate to lay claims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Rally Holds In Anambra State Today' / Stop Blaming Me For Your Inability To Do Anything - Ikpeazu Hits Gov. Otti / We Are Behind Workers; Buhari Is Running Government Of Fraud – Igbo Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.