Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

A Hidden Truth: Depression: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Hidden Truth: Depression: (661 Views)

D Hidden Truth About Girl Friends.................... / Experts Say Too Much Sex Leads To Depression / 10 Ways To Fight Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Hidden Truth: Depression: by timcurrant(m): 9:02pm On Aug 21, 2010
This is a hypethetical question by the way,

Say if you were dating someone and they hid the fact that they suffered from
depression and were taking medication for it,

Would you continue to see them?
or
Would you run for the hills?

Most people that have this disorder probarbly will not let you know this,
The medication would also hide this fact, but the truth always comes out,

What would you do?
Re: A Hidden Truth: Depression: by InkedNerd(f): 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2010
This is a very serious and personal issue. I personally wouldn't run away. If you really care about that person you will take the time to find out why that person is/was depressed. There seems to be a problem in the black community with depression and mental disorder. No one ever wants to seek help and when one does seek help they are often ostracized undecided
Re: A Hidden Truth: Depression: by mutter(f): 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2010
depression can be handled and she could get of the medication.
The important thing is for you to know what brought it about and how long it has been going on.
many people suffer from depression, anxiety or panic attacks and learn to cope with it.
Has she had competent medical attention.
It is actually very common but not handled properly in many cases.
There is no need to leave her.
Wit love and understanding it can work out.
Re: A Hidden Truth: Depression: by Ladyjide(f): 10:32pm On Aug 21, 2010
Yes this is very serious- I wouldn't run, Go and get them some help, sometimes people who suffer are not even aware of it!
Re: A Hidden Truth: Depression: by iice(f): 7:50am On Aug 22, 2010
Run to where?
Re: A Hidden Truth: Depression: by vivaladiva(f): 8:09am On Aug 22, 2010
just run---it doesnt matter even if u dont know where ur running to-just run
even if u dont know wat ur running from just run
even if in the process of running, u stumble on a stone, trip falll, dislocate ur hip joint and manage to puncture ur eye on an unsuspecting branch sticking out of the ground---just run ooooooooo----anything is better than being wiv a depressed person

wetin fela talk sef, my people fear the thing they dont know, we fear the air around us,
Re: A Hidden Truth: Depression: by Jaideyone(m): 11:02am On Aug 22, 2010
^^ grin lol
@poster u don't have to run anywhere. She'll get over it. I used to be depressed as far back as 2004. I'll spend most of the day not talking to anyone. but now i'm over it. I'm very happy and i have a great social life. I party like a rockstar. grin no big deal
Re: A Hidden Truth: Depression: by sleekone: 11:10am On Aug 22, 2010
the fact they r taking meds for it means its chronic and they couldnt handle on their own. If u decide to stick around then b prepared to keep reassuring the person they are worth it because they'll always hve the feeling of worthlessness and insecurities.

(1) (Reply)

Gay Vicar ,65, To Marry Nigerian Male Model Half His Age !!! / All Of You Out There / What If?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.