Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,507 members, 7,770,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:26 AM

Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally (26118 Views)

BREAKING: Uk’s Prime Minister Defies Obama, Makes Huge Announcement About Christ / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Ganjaseed: 5:31pm On Mar 11, 2010
I have been attending CEC for the past 6 months now, If i sum up what i have seen and experience there is no difference from what i have heard of the said church so far.

I am in Holland and i attend the Amsterdam branch, let me point out some few things i have seen, though i was not there to spy, but some how i have been following the criticism of the church and the man of God himself and here is my experience so far.

The first day of attendance was great I was well received and all that and i fell in love immediately with the church and i started going there regularly. But along the line I Begin to see things which i could not reconcile with. Much emphasis is not laid on tithe and offering because of this I was beginning to say why the financial criticism ? before long it downed on me that they have their own style which other churches have not discovered yet on how to raise fund.

1. Offering for LOVEWORLD
2. Partnership offering
3. Rapsody of reality offering
3. Tithe
4. Normal church offering

All these offering is every sunday collection from members with a special envelop.

The pastor of the church has a very subtile way of presenting prosperity message, you must know the Bible not to fall a victim of that. hear this!!!!
[b]"Jesus was motivated to raise Lazarus from the dead because the sister of Lazarus (Mary) blessed Jesus with a very expensive alabaster box oil" [/b]Meaning the woman gave a gift to Jesus and Jesus in return raised her brother from the dead. Pls read John 11:1---end

On the thanks given day last year this same man make us believe that he gave 10,000 euro as a thanksgiving offering that the year before he gave 5000 and next year he planned to give 20000. And to demonstrate this he sent for the financial secretary to bring his own thanksgiving envelop to the front of the church and it was a big envelop actually wether the said money was there or not we do not know. This strategy is a professional one.

Pastor Chris wife will soon come to Holland, guess what? every church member should contribute 15 euro each for her visitation because they plan to take her out in limo and in choice Hotel, the way this contribution was announced is what you do not want to hear. 16 couple where supposed to be marring that same day this announcement was made, these couple standing behind the pastor waiting to kiss their bride and groom but the announcement of Pastor Anita's coming overshadow everything and the pastor eventually forgot to tell them to kiss their bride until the service was over.

I do not need to talk about the lifestyle of the members of the church because am not to judge, but i noticed one thing that the congregation do not know the Bible but rather prefer Rhapsody of reality, so they can be told anything and it will be accepted without finding out if its true.

I will try and post the wedding clip and still inform everybody where to watch it. More to come .

1 Like

Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by woye77: 10:12pm On Mar 11, 2010
so what did u do when u discovered these things?
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Joagbaje(m): 7:48am On Mar 12, 2010
Ganjaseed:

I have been attending CEC for the past 6 months now, If i sum up what i have seen and experience there is no difference from what i have heard of the said church so far.

I am in Holland and i attend the Amsterdam branch, let me point out some few things i have seen, though i was not there to spy, but some how i have been following the criticism of the church and the man of God himself and here is my experience so far.

The first day of attendance was great I was well received and all that and i fell in love immediately with the church and i started going there regularly. But along the line I Begin to see things which i could not reconcile with. Much emphasis is not laid on tithe and offering because of this I was beginning to say why the financial criticism ? before long it downed on me that they have their own style which other churches have not discovered yet on how to raise fund.

1. Offering for LOVEWORLD
2. Partnership offering
3. Rapsody of reality offering
3. Tithe
4. Normal church offering

All these offering is every sunday collection from members with a special envelop.

So whats the big deal about financial partnership? are you not ashame to bring your greed to the public. How would you expect the ministry to run the different arm such as internet ministry, Free Rhapsody, Loveworld TV. Do you know how many billion the devil is using today to sponsor evil on the media. Partnership is biblical. Jesus collected money from several people for his ministry. We must continually give for works of ministry.

Luke 8:2-3
And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, [3] And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.

though i was not there to spy,

You are more than a spy. you are a "false brethren". If you can ridicle a church you attend , publicly. what are you still doing there? If you dont belive in what they do , go somewhere esle.

The pastor of the church has a very subtile way of presenting prosperity message, you must know the Bible not to fall a victim of that. hear this!!!!
"Jesus was motivated to raise Lazarus from the dead because the sister of Lazarus (Mary) blessed Jesus with a very expensive alabaster box oil" [/b]Meaning the woman gave a gift to Jesus and [b]Jesus in return raised her brother from the dead. Pls read John 11:1---end

It is not a new thing on nairaland how words of a pastor are manipulated to mean what he didnt say.Just like the guy that said pastor chris cut his hand deliberately to practice "superhuman life". I have never heard him teach that nonesence. No pastor will say jesus raised lazarus in return for a perfume! so what about the devils hesus cast from her what did she pay?. jesus raised lazarus because he loved him thats what pastor chris will tell you.

John 11:5
Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.

John 11:35-36
Jesus wept. [36] Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!

On the thanks given day last year this same man make us believe that he gave 10,000 euro as a thanksgiving offering that the year before he gave 5000 and next year he planned to give 20000. And to demonstrate this he sent for the financial secretary to bring his own thanksgiving envelop to the front of the church and it was a big envelop actually wether the said money was there or not we do not know. This strategy is a professional one.
If he said he gave , take it that he gave, Why did you believe otherwise, Every pastor is a giver,You feel the amount he mentioned is too big to have been given. others have given far more and they have testimonies. Mark you The pastor himself is a business man , he has a job and he gives as he expect others to give.

I do not need to talk about the lifestyle of the members of the church because am not to judge, but i noticed one thing that the congregation do not know the Bible but rather prefer Rhapsody of reality, so they can be told anything and it will be accepted without finding out if its true.
It is a teaching ministry, and every members are scholars of the bible, Rhapsody does not replace the bible. It is a devotional and it has a bible reading calender for the year , if you follow it daily .in one year you would have read the entire bible. You are not a good liar.

Pastor Chris wife will soon come to Holland, guess what? every church member should contribute 15 euro each for her visitation because they plan to take her out in limo and in choice Hotel,

I thought you guys said they are divorced , whats she doing arround?. ( joking) Why should it be an issue for you, did they force you? Where should they have lodged her ? Ajegunle guest house? We ought to honour men of God, ,more so she is incharge of those churches. The bible commands to esteem them.

1 Thes. 5:12-13
And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; [13] And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

the way this contribution was announced is what you do not want to hear. 16 couple where supposed to be marring that same day this announcement was made, these couple standing behind the pastor waiting to kiss their bride and groom but the announcement of Pastor Anita's coming overshadow everything and the pastor eventually forgot to tell them to kiss their bride until the service was over.

Weldone everything is about money to you guys. Shey they kissed sha .

I will try and post the wedding clip and still inform everybody where to watch it. More to come .

Keep them to yourself!!

though i was not there to spy,
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by mabell: 7:55am On Mar 12, 2010
Exactly!
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Azibalua(f): 8:05am On Mar 12, 2010
Ganjaseed:

that sounds like, james hardley chase.
you never went to there to worship, you had always had that doubt and that was why you noticed what you thought you saw.!
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by inedi: 8:21am On Mar 12, 2010
Ganjaseed:

you do not judge a minister by the lifestyle of the members because if you do that then Jesus would have been a very bad minister, because he had Judas iscariot not only in his his congregation but as his co-worker.
The minister is there to change the lifestyle of the people as the church is not a place for perfect people but a place for perfecting people

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Eph 4:11-12 (KJV)
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by newmi(m): 8:33am On Mar 12, 2010
Ganjaseed:

so this is now your gospel, the message you've being called to preach or maybe it has always being like that.
if you ou'll be divert this energy to soul winning and not otherwise you'll be blessed beyond measure
act wisely!
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by KunleOshob(m): 9:07am On Mar 12, 2010
;d ;d ;d
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Odunnu: 9:14am On Mar 12, 2010
Nigerians are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jobless.
Pls when u paste the clips,dnt forget to paste the sunday message alongside.Olodo
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Tudor6(f): 9:16am On Mar 12, 2010
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by woye77: 2:27pm On Mar 12, 2010
@joagbaje - and others, i think it's very wrong to criticize someone else just because they hold a different view from yours - the world is a free place and everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion just as you are entitled to yours - if someone says something you disagree with, let God be the one to judge the person not you. Afterall, God is the one who owns the church . Don't try to do God's work for Him embarassed sad

And before you jump on me too, it might interest you to know that i am a member of Christ Embassy too

3 Likes

Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Odunnu: 2:46pm On Mar 12, 2010
I dnt hv 2b a membr of Christ Embassy 2knw dat d OP is jobless.
I'v nvr all my life been to CE, xcpt seeing them on TV,I knw nothn abt them.D postr is jst seekin negative opinions frm d likes of Kunle so dat anothr thread ful of insults and 'wsdom' of man wil b creatd.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
@joagbaje and other loveworlders how do you think Jesus will answer the OP? loveWORLDLINESS.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by JeSoul(f): 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2010
I'm not sure why Ganjaseed is being criticized.

The fella did some good ol' fashioned detective work by going to ground zero and investigating for himself. Instead of taking popular opinion from faceless posts on the internet he went to verify for himself. This is how journalism awards are earned and won. Ganja abeg kudos jare.

Joagbaje:

So whats the big deal about financial partnership? are you not ashame to bring your greed to the public. How would you expect the ministry to run the different arm such as internet ministry, Free Rhapsody, Loveworld TV.
 Did Jesus (or any of the apostles for that matter) establish  "different arms" of ministry? so that they needed to collect more and more money from people? No.

Do you know how many billion the devil is using today to sponsor evil on the media. Partnership is biblical. Jesus collected money from several people for his ministry.
Fantastic. Now all you have to do is show us just one verse from the bible where "Jesus collected money from several people". Just one verse will suffice.

We must continually give for works of ministry.
Amen. No christian will disagree with that.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by ogajim(m): 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2010
Odunnu:

I dnt hv 2b a membr of Christ Embassy 2knw dat d OP is jobless.
I'v nvr all my life been to CE, xcpt seeing them on TV,I knw nothn abt them.D postr is jst seekin negative opinions frm d likes of Kunle so dat anothr thread ful of insults and 'wsdom' of man wil b creatd.

Na wa for Nigerians, dude simply reported on what he saw while undercover and trust Joagbaje to come out swinging but Odunnu is not CEC And you've seen this guy in Holland enough to know he has no job? No job in Holland might beat a good job in Nigeria, Just a thought, I don't live there cheesy

1 Like

Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Odunnu: 6:07pm On Mar 12, 2010
ogajim:

Na wa for Nigerians, dude simply reported on what he saw while undercover and trust Joagbaje to come out swinging but Odunnu is not CEC And you've seen this guy in Holland enough to know he has no job? No job in Holland might beat a good job in Nigeria, Just a thought, I don't live there cheesy

Really?
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by ukotmi: 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2010
Another thread on CEC? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by ogajim(m): 7:03pm On Mar 12, 2010
@odunnu, REALLY indeed.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Joagbaje(m): 10:19pm On Mar 12, 2010
JeSoul:

I'm not sure why Ganjaseed is being criticized.

The fella did some good ol' fashioned detective work by going to ground zero and investigating for himself. Instead of taking popular opinion from faceless posts on the internet he went to verify for himself. This is how journalism awards are earned and won. Ganja abeg kudos jare.

Did Jesus (or any of the apostles for that matter) establish "different arms" of ministry? so that they needed to collect more and more money from people? No.
Fantastic. Now all you have to do is show us just one verse from the bible where "Jesus collected money from several people". Just one verse will suffice.
Amen. No christian will disagree with that.

What a shame, doing dectective work to ridicle the house of God. And you guys are applauding such.

Romans 1:32
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

They should have caught the false brethren and beat the demon out of him! I trust Paul , After suffering fro false brethren like this, If he catch you??.

Galatians 2:4-5
And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: [5] To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

1 Like

Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by viaro: 10:35pm On Mar 12, 2010
Joagbaje:

They should have caught the false brethren and beat the demon out of him! I trust Paul , After suffering fro false brethren like this, If he catch you??.

Galatians 2:4-5
And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: [5] To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

So where in Galatians 2:4-5 did Paul "beat the demon out of" anybody there? You're too much in a hurry to read your own ideas into Scripture - and that is not breaking news. Just like this one again:

Joagbaje:
Jesus collected money from several people for his ministry.

Where did Jesus collect money from several people for His ministry? Why haven't you shown that verse?

Joagbaje:
You are more than a spy. you are a "false brethren". If you can ridicle a church you attend , publicly.

You don't expect someone to keep quiet when very questionable things are espoused behind the curtains.

Ephesians 5:11 - 'Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.'
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2010
@ joagbaje

easy there.

the only recorded instance i know of where Jesus collected money was when he got it from a fish, and used it to pay his taxes.

if you know of any other example plz share.

havent gone over the entire thread yet.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by InesQor(m): 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2010
MegaLOL! I had a lot to say as I read through the thread, but JeSoul and Viaro have said the things I was going to say.

@OP: Curiousity killed the cat. Gba si be joo! (High five!) Correct journalist. . . grin LNGKMFH grin cheesy

Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Joagbaje(m): 12:46am On Mar 13, 2010
@tpia

tpia.:

@ joagbaje
easy there.the only recorded instance i know of where Jesus collected money was when he got it from a fish, and used it to pay his taxes.if you know of any other example plz share.havent gone over the entire thread yet.

Jesus collected money from several people. Where did he get money to hire by chatter, ship,boats and maintain 12 hefty adults and thier families. where was Judas getting money to steal?

And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, [3] And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.

Those who attack churches over finances dont know the scriptures. The man collected MANEEY!! so tey some ignorant nairalanders called him dupe.!!

John 7:12 (living bible)
There was a lot of discussion about him among the crowds.Some said, "He's a wonderful man," while others said, "No, he's duping the public."
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Nobody: 12:52am On Mar 13, 2010
Joagbaje:

@tpia

Jesus collected money from several people. Where did he get money to hire by chatter, ship,boats and maintain 12 hefty adults and thier families. where was Judas getting money to steal?

Those who attack churches over finances dont know the scriptures. The man collected MANEEY!! so tey some ignorant nairalanders called him dupe.!!

John 7:12 (living bible)
There was a lot of discussion about him among the crowds.Some said, "He's a wonderful man," while others said, "No, he's duping the public."

My dear brother, you are awfully deluded. Where did you read that Christ hired His boats by chatter? Did He not have to borrow from Peter several times?

You said Christ "maintained" 12 men and their families? Really? Where and when did you read this? Why didnt they use part of their donations to feed 5000 instead of relying on 2 loaves and 2 fishes? Surely they had enough to buy bread right? Why didnt they have money to pay their taxes rather than looking for coin in the mouth of a fish?

You quoted John 7:12 but you forgot to read from chapter 6 to realise the issue they were discussing there wasnt money but His words and miracles right?

The despicable use of the gospel to falsely needle the poor of their money is sad.

2 Likes

Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 13, 2010
    And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, [3] And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance

where in this verse does it say Jesus received physical cash?

mary and martha also ministered to him of their substance. Please check the story.

Jesus was a carpenter and as such had the skills he needed to work for a living.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by InesQor(m): 1:06am On Mar 13, 2010
I weep at this misinterpretation. cry

And Joagbaje is a pastor? ? ?
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Joagbaje(m): 1:14am On Mar 13, 2010
@davidylan

davidylan:

My dear brother, you are awfully deluded. Where did you read that Christ hired His boats by chatter? Did He not have to borrow from Peter several times?

You said Christ "maintained" 12 men and their families? Really? Where and when did you read this? Why didnt they use part of their donations to feed 5000 instead of relying on 2 loaves and 2 fishes? Surely they had enough to buy bread right? Why didnt they have money to pay their taxes rather than looking for coin in the mouth of a fish?

You quoted John 7:12 but you forgot to read from chapter 6 to realise the issue they were discussing there wasnt money but His words and miracles right?

You are an ignorant man ,dont run away, come back and explain yourself. Jesus only hired peter's boat before his conversion, after conversion , they left all.

Mark 10:28
   Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.

You are the one reading your deluded religiousity into scriptures.

Kindly explain this scripture for me .

The despicable use of the gospel to falsely needle the poor of their money is sad.
 Yes oo , EFCC is needed to investigate Jesus to come back and give account of those finnacial matters!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 13, 2010
there is no point jo . . . u need to be born again.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Joagbaje(m): 1:31am On Mar 13, 2010
@tpia

tpia.:

where in this verse does it say Jesus received physical cash?

mary and martha also ministered to him of their substance. Please check the story.

Jesus was a carpenter and as such had the skills he needed to work for a living.

You are right , they gave him eba and fufu inside the offering bag!

John 12:6
   This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

I bet Judas carried refridgerator arround to warm the soup.

Every Jewish boy is trained in a skill, but kindly show me where Jesus did carpentry work for a living as a minister, And how justified he would be , stopping his disciples from labour market to follow him to capentry shop!!. Why are you guys so religious, and cant just take scriptures for what it says. Show me  , Im waiting.

1 Like

Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Joagbaje(m): 1:35am On Mar 13, 2010
davidylan:

there is no point jo . . . u need to be born again.

of course there is no point in your blind argument, Pls pls shut the door behind you, thanks,

, NEXT PERSON PLs,
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 13, 2010
stop twisting the scriptures.

the verse you quoted was talking about judas, who was in charge of the physical cash. Meant to be used for the poor.

the mere fact that you used this to buttress your point is quite scary.

here's the context of what you posted:

Six days before the Passover, Jesus arrived at Bethany, where Lazarus lived, whom Jesus had raised from the dead. 2Here a dinner was given in Jesus' honor. Martha served, while Lazarus was among those reclining at the table with him. 3Then Mary took about a pint[a] of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus' feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.

4But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected, 5"Why wasn't this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year's wages." [b]6He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it.

7"Leave her alone," Jesus replied. " It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial. 8You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me."
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by InesQor(m): 1:36am On Mar 13, 2010
@Joagbaje: Jesus did not "collect money" from "many people". People donated in kind, and probably in cash as well (see Judas). Jesus was never seen to have had to tell people to give him money, the way it's done today, or the way the OP said it happened in Holland. He NEVER even insinuated it or hinted at people. They gave as they willed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare - Ese: "Yunusa's Manhood Should Be Cut Off " / Throwback Picture Of Adeboye And Bishop Oyedepo / Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.