Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,373 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie (42786 Views)

Joke Silva Pictured With Olu Jacobs & Their Son At Her Mum's Burial / Olu Jacobs And Patience Ozokwor Back To School (Photo) / Cossy Orjiakor Meets Pete Edochie (photo). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by bisiaet: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2010
This is going raise another boiling point again because I dont seems to understand Pete Edochie a man of his calibre making this kind of statement if truely he said so I am mostly dissappointed in him. If even Olu Jacob acted or was to act Igwe with women around him and he Pete Edochie see such as error he should be in the position to tell the script writers or the producer that look in Ibo land is not done that way simple as that  rather than systematically going down the way people now interprete is statement as being trabalistic this is not the best.
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2010
Dede Ochie, you got this one wrong.
Very very wrong.
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by MissyB1(m): 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2010
radeniran:

With the submission from Pete Edochie any actor or actress that wants to act a role of a mad person should have gone mad at one time before so that he can he or she will be able to interpret the role well.
Nice One! Good example, inferred from Pete's comment.
If Pete reads this, he will swallow his comment  in a hurry.
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by MUZBO(m): 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2010
If u can show me anyone who acts 'Igwe' better than Olu then I will opt for tribal change, but th@s not gonna happen. Both r great actors IMO. Plus I dont understand wh@ it is with Igbo chiefs and women coming close to them in public o! . . . Some Igwes r worse than the Taliban!!
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by zenatta: 3:10pm On Aug 23, 2010
I remember the French bashing Kirsten Dunst in Maria Antoinette. I respect Pete, will always do after things fall apatr. I absolutely adore Olu Jacobs and his wife. Pete has a point though, if Olu Jacobs were well informed he'd know no go areas. But there was a director and a scriptwriter, no? These are to blame for not making real time research. Me too, like Pete I go quite crazy when I see the supposedly super rich wear cheap clothes made from super cheap fabric or drinking champagne from the wrong glasses. Anyway not to worry, the big fat oppulent houses pacify me anytime without Ini Edo's trashy clothes

did I go off topic? oops!
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by MUZBO(m): 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2010
radeniran:

With the submission from Pete Edochie any actor or actress that wants to act a role of a mad person should have gone mad at one time before so that he can he or she will be able to interpret the role well. Pete please say something else
lmao ooooooooooooo!!! These Nairalanders sef fit kill person wit laffta.
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by oludashmi(f): 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2010
To prove that the man is just an envious fool, read what he said about his fellow Igbo men chosen as Advisers as if they have nothing to offer the state. Can he do all things alone or what has become of the rebranding Nig nonsense that he chairs?
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by andyanders: 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2010
I AM AN IBO MAN BUT PETE SHOULD ALLOW OLU JACOBS DO HIS JOB. THIS SHOULD NOT BE TAGGED TRIBALISTIC OR IBO THING, BUT PETE EDOCHIE THING AND COMMENT, HIS ACTION IS LIKE A JUJUMAN SAYING THAT EDOCHIE DID NOT ACT ACTUALLY AS A JUJUMAN. WETIN CONCERN OLU JACOB? HE ACTED ACCORDING TO THE DIRECTOR'S DIRECTIVE. PETE SHOULD KNOW THAT OLU IS A WELL RESPECTED MAN IN THE INDUSTRY WHO ALSO HAS FEATURED IN BRITISH FILM INDUSTRY.

PETE EDOCHIE SHOULD LEAVE OLU JECOBS ALONE/IBO THING AND GO FACE HIS OWN BUSINESS.
[i][/i]
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by SanFranc(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2010
There were so many roles Pete Edochie would have acted without those dirty, ugly and unkempt beards!!!
Yet, he prefered to look the same in all scenes and roles---I so much hate the way he looks up all the time while acting. uhhh! grin grin grin
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by emmydee(m): 4:25pm On Aug 23, 2010
i quite agree with Pete,
such roles should be given to a native
He has not said it must be given to him.
Do you realize that certain qualities are lost whenever you translate a language?
Just like the Holy Bible, Pastors are always making reference to some Greek words to drive home their real meanings.
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by 2makesense: 4:42pm On Aug 23, 2010
see beeeeeeeeeeeeeef smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by snipeboy: 5:15pm On Aug 23, 2010
Don Cheadle acted Hotel Rwanda. Forest Whitaker acted The last king of scotland (they spoke the respective native languages) and there so many other examples of actors going out of their comfort zone. Pete Edochie is suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He is just jealous because he cannot act Yoruba films the way olu jacobs can do Igbo films. He called people unintelligent, yet, he is not intelligent enough to know that actors act scripts made writers, producers and directors. He (pete) is a one way kind of actor. He cannot even shave his beards to fit the profile of a character. The character has to be built around him. What a load of rubbish. Get a life Pete. Olu Jacobs is better than you anyday. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by Dandas: 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2010
Tell me what is wrong with what Pete Edochie is saying?,i tire for some people.Some people did not even read meaning to what Edochie is saying,they just jump into destructive criticisms,all because Olu and Edochie are different ethinic name and they attest it as  being tribalistic, Edochie is simply correcting the impression on Olu's mistake as regards to Igbo tradition.He has no hatred for OLu.A natural igbo person knows quite well what Igwe is all about and the kind of regard being accorded to it in Igbo land.Hence the norms and ethics that guides the highly exalted igweship in igbo land should not be violated.Thats all.Its high time we read meaning to issues like this and eschew sentiments.Pete Edochie is right!!.
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by mrjingles(m): 5:36pm On Aug 23, 2010
Harzan:

shocked                  shocked                        shocked              shocked

F*** Pete!
Old fool!

Best response! I think producers feel the same way about him, that's why his currently unemployed- he is too pompous. He can produce his own movie, play the role of igwe and interpret it perfectly. Of course he cant cause he's broke!
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 23, 2010
next thing too shots will be calling out d'bang for the song igwe cheesy cheesy
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by fishaboi(m): 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2010
it's called ACTING for Pete's sake(literally).
Meanwhile Nollywood is a hulking pile of crap IMHO.
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by AndreUweh(m): 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2010
To all the iidiots here insulting Pete, what would you do if you find out tomorrow that Pete did not say so or he was misquoted?.
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2010
the same could be said for EVERY article reported, then again, Nigerian reporters are notorious for reporting false crap.
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by Kinezeala(m): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2010
Some people can be very stupid o.how can you blame pete edochie for saying that?come to think of it,how would olu feed without the igbos?the point pete was tryna make is clear - should he fold his arms and watch the igbo culture masterminded?should he just keep quiet and allow what's is not obtainable in igboland to be portrayed in the movies?does olu fail to advice other 'unintelligent' directors when he thinks they are stepping out of line? pete edochie has contributed a whole lot to the advancement of the nigerian movie industry,as a good and prolific actor,you aught to be able to correct 'unintelligent' directors and producers whenever you think they are going wrong.pete retired from acting,that's why you don't see him on movies anymore. .and to all of you yoruba blind bats,beware!pete has had more roles than any so called actor in nollywood even though he is retired,he started acting even way before all of you back biters were sorrowfully born.beware of the legend!
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by sophy09: 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2010
South Africans should be angry that Jenifer Hudson and Terrence Howard are both playing Mandela and Winnie
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by DisGuy: 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2010
Kinezeala:

Some people can be very silly o.how can you blame pete edochie for saying that?come to think of it,how would olu feed without the igbos?the point pete was tryna make is clear - should he fold his arms and watch the igbo culture masterminded?[size=16pt]should he just keep quiet and allow what's is not obtainable in igboland to be[/size] portrayed in the movies?does olu fail to advice other 'unintelligent' directors when he thinks they are stepping out of line? p[b]ete edochie has contributed a whole lot to the [/b]advancement of the nigerian movie industry,as a good and prolific actor,you aught to be able to correct 'unintelligent' directors and producers whenever you think they are going wrong.pete  retired from acting,that's why you don't see him on movies anymore. .and to all of you yoruba blind bats,beware!pete has had more roles than any so called actor in nollywood even though he is retired,he started acting even way before all of you back biters were sorrowfully born.beware of the legend!

what a donut!!! so OLU a Yoruba should advice an IGBO director/producer that he is stepping out of line?? what igbo do you smoke?

whats not obtainable in igboland?? are you serious you are basicall saying igbo people drink bloood?Yes pete edochie has imprinted in many Nigerians that's there's something behind most successful men from his place! and the word on the street or on the mouth of many housewives educated or not in nigeria --- dead mother = money overnight= dodgy cupboard in the back room grin

Pete Edochie has not retired from acting, producers are just tired of his one way ritualistic roles with his unkept beard= perhaps there something ritualist about that bloody facial hair he has carried for decades now!! the world has moved on heck Nollywood sef don move on from ritualistis men if you notive all these blood money actors have been relegated- i mean ask someone on the street whats the first thing that comes to your mind when you mention pete edochie rich man,bloo money dead mother/ dead wife/dead babies dead everything for money

shyte absolutely shyte!!
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by Kinezeala(m): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2010
Mumu,go and make nonsense of the vuvuzela in south africa in the name of movies and watch if you will leave there alive.
To all yorubas for example if i greet an elder old man while standing erect in a typical epic yoruba movie u no go castigate me?
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by Kinezeala(m): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2010
Mumu,go and make nonsense of the vuvuzela in south africa in the name of movies and watch if you will leave there alive.
To all yorubas for example if i greet an elder old man while standing erect in a typical epic yoruba movie u no go castigate me?
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by Kinezeala(m): 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2010
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by DisGuy: 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2010
why should i castigate you its a bloody film, secondly people are smart enough to know its the producer/directors fault not yours!
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by sjeezy8: 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2010
sophy09:

South Africans should be angry that Jenifer Hudson and Terrence Howard are both playing Mandela and Winnie

lol Yorubas should be mad Chiwetel Ejiofor Will Play Fela in an upcomming movie or play.

oyb:

next thing too shots will be calling out d'bang for the song igwe cheesy cheesy

same shiot different toilet- the naughty person Kelly hansome even came out with that song" Yoruba cool your tempah, Hausa cool your tempah before we/you scatter Nigeria ohhhh" WTF

When terry G started to to wear igbo clothing like the red hat- some igbo was getting mad- can you imagin no biggie I think its funny.

Kinezeala:

Some people can be very silly o.how can you blame pete edochie for saying that?come to think of it,how would olu feed without the igbos?the point pete was tryna make is clear - should he fold his arms and watch the igbo culture masterminded?should he just keep quiet and allow what's is not obtainable in igboland to be portrayed in the movies?does olu fail to advice other 'unintelligent' directors when he thinks they are stepping out of line? pete edochie has contributed a whole lot to the advancement of the nigerian movie industry,as a good and prolific actor,you aught to be able to correct 'unintelligent' directors and producers whenever you think they are going wrong.pete retired from acting,that's why you don't see him on movies anymore. .and to all of you yoruba blind bats,beware!pete has had more roles than any so called actor in nollywood even though he is retired,he started acting even way before all of you back biters were sorrowfully born.beware of the legend!

and who are you and pete suppose to be mad at Olu or the IGBO DIRECTORS THAT TELL HIM TO ACT THAT SPECIFIC ROLE?

@ post fuk talking about tribalism but I can never do anything igbo- unless its smashing a babe- because Its evident igbo peeps get mad when you do something igboish. LOL
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by Kinezeala(m): 7:23pm On Aug 23, 2010
Sorry for flooding,dis guy you are so senseless,what's wrong with a yoruba elder admonishing an igbo child?these movie makers according to pete are children and most of them are unitelligent ok?
Mumu, Money ritual is a social vice that can be perpetuated any where in nigeria. . And the duty of actors and movie makers is to expose these cankerworms in their movies,if you are too dump to know that.
Fool,ask anybody the legend don retire.olodo
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by mbulela: 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2010
Pete Edochie is over rated and his views are personal and not worth much.
He should stuff his comments in a very dark corner.
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by DisGuy: 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2010
Kinezeala:

Sorry for flooding,dis guy you are so senseless,what's wrong with a yoruba elder admonishing an igbo child?these movie makers according to pete are children and most of them are unitelligent ok?
Mumu, Money ritual is a social vice that can be perpetuated any where in nigeria. . And the duty of actors and movie makers is to expose these cankerworms in their movies,if you are too dump to know that.
Fool,ask anybody the legend don retire.olodo

ode why wont he retire, you think they can use him in a romantic new age nollywood movie or he is versatile enough to play anything other than a walking stikc carrying ritualistic baron?

Nothing is wrong with an elder admonishing a child but something is wrong with admonishing an actor that has been giving a script to act out by probably an IGBO director/producer/writer,researcher duhhh

if you want to make comment about other 'elder' actors you better come correct or look as foolish as this caveman, this is school boy error or perhaps he is just drunk on women piss

money ritual is a social vice but why is it that 98% of Pete Edochie's role involve killing women for money, someone that is so concerned about his culture yet grew fat on portraying his culture as money obsessed, status drunk,gun touting thugs for international audiences
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by Kinezeala(m): 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2010
Yes when a yoruba - d'banj failed,they relied on an -igbo,the first nigerian director to direct a hollywood movie- igbo.
D'banj went to s.a,ghana,jamaica and in nigeria the only place he thought of going to and he will be appreciated for his landmark achievements-igboland,yorubas do not appreciate there own. . .why?
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by DisGuy: 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2010
when did Dbanj fail? heck you are really smoking igbo aint you? instead of admitting Pete Edochie made a school boy error you are yapping dust
You think he made his money because he got a title and he sang about it?
if anything is show how cheap title can be bought in that village weslep snipe spent a total of 48minutes there he got a title, how sad you think the title is for his achievement? you think he will lose money if he didnt get the necklace?
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by Kinezeala(m): 7:56pm On Aug 23, 2010
'romantic new age nollywood?' if you read between the lines you would see through why he retired.ask an average nigerian what he thinks about nollywood movies nowadays - please don't throw up when your auditory functions inject all sorts of balderdash,astonishing and ugly words they describe it with - but go back and watch things fall apart or asked anyone who has watched it,no doubt pete and co set an enviable standard and platform for nollywood to strive well with,who were the brains behind behind nollywood?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jackie Appiah Pictured With George Weah / Eve Esin Turns Cheetah In New Wild Photos / Yinka Ayefele’s Band-boys Disappear During US Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.