Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie (42782 Views)

Joke Silva Pictured With Olu Jacobs & Their Son At Her Mum's Burial / Olu Jacobs And Patience Ozokwor Back To School (Photo) / Cossy Orjiakor Meets Pete Edochie (photo). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by Dolemite(f): 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2010
It's not his fault though, however they want to associate it, all he does as an actor is tell societies stories. . .
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by cjfavour(m): 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2010
YOU GUYS ARE READING MEANINGS INTO THIS. PETE DID NOT SAY THAT HE OLU SHOULD NOT BE ACTING IGWE. WHAT HE'S SAYING IS THAT HE'S BASTARDIZING ROYAL STOOL OF IGWE. HE WAS ONLY TRYING TO TELL HIM TO BE ADVICING THE PRODUCERS WHEN THEY GIVE HIM A ROLE THAT RUNS CONTRARY TO HOW THE IGWES SHOULD BEHAVE. ARE YOU AWARE THAT HE ACTS THAT THE IGWES RAPES WOMEN? FOR GOODNESS SAKE WHY DON'T HE ACT THAT OBA AKIOLU OR OONI OF IFE IS A RAPIST? OR EMIR OF KANO OR SULTAN OF SOKOTO/ WHY MUST IT BE THE IGWE OF IGBOLAND.

OLU IS SIMPLY HELPING THE YOUNG PRODUCERS TO BE PORTRAYING THE IGWES AS BAD PEOPLE. ONE HAVE TO PROTECT HIS CULTURE AND TRADITIONAL INSTITUTION PLS. GO AND ASK SOCIOLOGISTS AND THEY WILL TELL YOU BETTER. OLU SHOULD CONTINUE ACTING IGWE ROLES BUT HE SHOULD NOT BE PORTRAYING THEM AS BAD, RAPISTS, THIEVES AND PEOPLE WITH BAD XTER.THEIR POSITION IS A REVERD POSITION. OBA OF LAOGOS WILL ADVICE YOU TO RESPECT THE IGWES OF IGBO [PEOPLE, EMIR WILL TELL YOU TO RESPECT THEM TOO. IF YOU DON'T, YOU ARE TO BVLAMR NOT YOUR TRADITIONAL RULER.
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by zoraro(m): 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2010
cjfavour:

YOU GUYS ARE READING MEANINGS INTO THIS. PETE DID NOT SAY THAT HE OLU SHOULD NOT BE ACTING IGWE. WHAT HE'S SAYING IS THAT HE'S BASTARDIZING  ROYAL  STOOL OF IGWE. HE WAS ONLY TRYING TO TELL HIM TO BE ADVICING THE PRODUCERS WHEN THEY GIVE HIM A ROLE THAT RUNS CONTRARY TO  HOW THE IGWES SHOULD  BEHAVE. ARE YOU AWARE THAT HE ACTS THAT THE IGWES despoils WOMEN? FOR GOODNESS SAKE WHY DON'T HE ACT THAT OBA AKIOLU OR OONI OF IFE  IS A despoiler? OR EMIR OF KANO OR SULTAN OF SOKOTO/ WHY MUST IT BE THE IGWE OF IGBOLAND.

[B]OLU IS SIMPLY HELPING THE YOUNG PRODUCERS TO BE PORTRAYING THE IGWES AS BAD PEOPLE.[/b] ONE HAVE TO PROTECT HIS CULTURE AND TRADITIONAL INSTITUTION PLS. GO AND ASK SOCIOLOGISTS AND THEY WILL TELL YOU BETTER. OLU SHOULD CONTINUE ACTING IGWE ROLES BUT HE SHOULD NOT BE PORTRAYING THEM AS BAD, RAPISTS, THIEVES AND PEOPLE WITH BAD XTER.THEIR POSITION IS A REVERD POSITION. OBA OF LAOGOS WILL ADVICE YOU TO RESPECT THE IGWES OF  IGBO [PEOPLE, EMIR WILL  TELL YOU TO RESPECT THEM TOO. IF YOU DON'T, YOU ARE TO BVLAMR NOT YOUR TRADITIONAL RULER.
So there are no Igwes that are bad people, are you saying a bad Igwe should not be portrayed in movies, is that not censorship?
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by zoraro(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2010
oge4real:

It does not matter who plays the roles, but it would be better if they learn how to at least pronounce the names of the people they claim  to be ruling.
I guess you don't know that once in Europe (England included) people that did not know a single word of the local languages were made kings and queens.
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by Saipro(m): 10:15am On Aug 28, 2010
Who cares whether Olu Jacobs is from the moon or Pete Edochie has an ego the size of Mars? The man has aired his opinion. Let him be. He's made a point. Whether justified or not is another issue on its own. And whatever Edochie truly meant, he only knows. Don't go surprising him telling us he really meant - when he didn't say so.

And I'm with the guys who believe the script writers should've done a bit more research into the theme of the movie. Regarding Olu Jacobs' mis-pronunciation of some names, what can I say? He's not Ibo though he could put in some more effort. For all you know, that's perhaps his best form you're berating. Besides, what's the point in arguing on their behalf?
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by BFush(f): 10:00pm On Aug 29, 2010
@Hazran, i quite disagree with pete Edozie in that i can sense jealousy in his tone but notwithstanding,let's not refer to him as an old fool.Remember he's an old man and let's regard him for that.
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by MetalGong4: 10:57pm On Aug 29, 2010
I wholeheartedly support Pete's view . . . . Yoruba man who knows zilch about Igbo culture should not be given the role of IGWE in any movie.
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by trusmile(m): 8:46am On Sep 23, 2012
Dolemite: The people who are making movies are children and most of them are unintelligent. The person who is playing the Igwe roles in all the movies these days is Olu Jacobs. He is not an Igbo man. Simply do not understand why somebody who does not speak the Igbo language, who does not understand the culture, the mind and the psychology of a people should be the one playing those roles. This is the reason why those roles are not being properly interpreted. Have you ever seen a woman beside a Northern Emir. But I watched a film where people had to help hold Olu Jacobs wife in the movie and he basically raped her because she refused to have sex with him and he was supposed to be the Igwe in the film. That is an absolute insult to the traditional stools of the Igbo people. If he knew better he would have advised the producers of such a movie or should never have even taken part in it at all.

Full Interview: http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/8734/12/olu-jacobs-destroys-igbo-culture-and-tradition-pet.html
What do you think?
cheesy Do actually believed pete made dis comment? The reason is dat acting is an act dat could be taking up by someone trained in the art of it. So why can't he act as an igbo man if he can put himself in d place of an igbo people. It's d director dat has d duty of putting him in d role and correcting the wrong.
Re: Olu Jacobs Destroys Igbo Culture And Tradition — Pete Edochie by indie505(f): 7:24am On Jan 07, 2013
thats absolute bull...why single out olu jacobs?igbo culture is goin xtinct at a speedy rate,nd we shuld all equally take the blame for tht

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ice Prince Flaunts His New Hairstyle (Photos) / Dewy Oputa To SJ Her Lesbian Partner: "You Mean So Much To Me" / I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.