Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program (7285 Views)

I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... / Dear Dr Bukola Saraki,(This is definitely NOT the CHANGE we voted for!) / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by bisolaoni: 11:43pm On Aug 23, 2010
naijacutee: This is a welcome development, as the expectation is that anything reducing our dependence on imported food in Nigeria will ultimately lead to cheaper food on the average Nigerians table (And more money in the pocket). This is an area I'm very interested in, and which I have spent a lot of time thinking about. Obviously things are improving all over the country, and Governor Saraki is obviously positioning Kwara State to be the potential food basket of the nation. I respect his foresight. However, I have one small observation with regards to the feasibility of the dairy production business structure. If the plant is producing UHT milk, how valuable would this be to the average Nigerian (compared with dried milk), seeing that electricity in our country is erractic at its best? Will the average Nigerian be appreciate UHT (as it is not fresh) milk over dried milk? What are your views? In this thread (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-209096.0.html) most people voted Peak milk as their choice over Cowbell. Where do people think UHT liquid milk (of whatever brand) will stand in this picture?

naijacutee: Thanks for pointing that out - I should have read the first paragraph properly! I got slightly analytical when I saw "members of the public". . .

I don't think your question is inappropriate. If I read it correctly, then we will be seeing UHT milk products from WAMCO in the near future. You ask if Nigerians will appreciate UHT milk as opposed to dried milk. Many Nigerians have only known condensed or powdered milk, all their life. It may be that there are Nigerians who will prefer the flavor, appearance and taste of UHT milk. I think the introduction of UHT will give Nigerians a wider variety of products to choose from. It will also be a stern test of the true quality of the products in the market. Are they really that good, or are they being patronised because we have no better choices.

I think because our palate is already used to it, most Nigerians do not even realize that condensed milk has a caramelized (canned) taste that some people find disagreeable.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by mrkoma2012: 12:09am On Aug 24, 2010
Good initiative,issue is will this end with his tenure, i have been to ilorin and its in better condition than some of d niger delta states.Truth must be told nigeria doesnt lack policy makers but folks who will excute them on point, so lets see if this wont be another Obj farms in disguise.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by DisGuy: 2:19am On Aug 24, 2010
bisola_oni:

I don't think your question is inappropriate. If I read it correctly, then we will be seeing UHT milk products from WAMCO in the near future. You ask if Nigerians will appreciate UHT milk as opposed to dried milk. Many Nigerians have only known condensed or powdered milk, all their life. It may be that there are Nigerians who will prefer the flavor, appearance and taste of UHT milk. I think the introduction of UHT will give Nigerians a wider variety of products to choose from. It will also be a stern test of the true quality of the products in the market. Are they really that good, or are they being patronised because we have no better choices.

I think because our palate is already used to it, most Nigerians do not even realize that condensed milk has a caramelized (canned) taste that some people find disagreeable.

I hate those canned milk!! i cant stand them any more they taste like condensed chemicals!!
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by DisGuy: 2:26am On Aug 24, 2010
mrkoma2012:

Good initiative,issue is will this end with his tenure, i have been to ilorin and its in better condition than some of d niger delta states.Truth must be told nigeria doesnt lack policy makers but folks who will excute them on point, so lets see if this wont be another Obj farms in disguise.

its a good thing this government tenure is coming to an end, i was also getting worried that he might be able to convert it to his name considering the amount of effort/energy he used to drag most of this reluctant banks who cant stand long term projects that has to do with seasons. So considering the huge amount of funds from the banks and the current cbn process of shouting thief from the roftop i doubt this guy will want anymore trouble (SGBN) and this and similar projects seems to be getting positive brownie point for him so except he is extremely greedy or he catch the bankers/cbn slipping then he will just allow those guys do the work- this is their life, he has been able to bring many outsiders- he will probably be playing on the national scene after his stint
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by compressor(m): 4:51am On Aug 24, 2010
India says may drag US to WTO over visa fee hike
August 18, 2010

Inflation
Learns tips on how to negotiate more successfully during inflation.
www.NextLevelPurchasing.com
India said Tuesday it may take the United States to the World Trade Organisation over a "protectionist" US move to hike work visa fees that will hit the country's flagship outsourcing sector.

The new law earmarks funds from the visa fee hike to pay for the US government's plans to boost security along its border with Mexico to crack down on illegal immigration and drug smuggling.

India "cannot keep quiet" on an issue that hurts its commercial interests, Rahul Khullar, the top bureaucrat in the commerce ministry, said in New Delhi.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by Akanbiedu(m): 8:27am On Aug 24, 2010
Harzan:

@Dis guy, Akanbi-edu + kola yusuf:
OK, i cant shout!!!

Ans this pls:
The Shonga farm of a thing is owned by who?
Kwara state Govt or d Sarakites.

You see, I know where you are going. I just don't care. GLO, a Nigerian privately owned company has been able to do what government couldn't do for a long time.
bisola_oni:

Allow me to digress a bit. The investment in commercial agriculture is a medium to long-term investment. The kinds of investments that empower communities economically take years to yield the result. Any good student of development will know that it is a long and torturous road down which only visionary leaders can lead their people. For instance the Euro-Tunnel project in Europe was projected to take at least 10 years to break even. Having said that, such projects are not without incidental benefits. Someone has mentioned the issue of value added tax. I also want to point out the impact on the host community. The Shonga that I know was an agrarian community. The only traders in the area were Yoruba people from Ogbomoso, or Ibo people from the east. The natives did not indulge in any kind of trading at all. If they wanted to make a phone call, they had to travel to neighbouring villages. However as we speak today, they have mobile telephone services in their community, new roads have been constructed, they are employed on the Shonga farms and dairy. When you are approach Shonga today, the first indication you get is a stream of motor cycles, which shows that money is entering the economy of the agrarian society. The females are starting to do petty trading where previously they did not have the resources for such. Recently, the directive was given for the Shonga community to be connected to the power injection substation at Shonga, which will give the community reliable electricity.

I think as with any other sound project, the Shonga project is actually touching lives in a practical and visible way. At least the people of Shonga will agree.

Dr. Bukola Saraki giving the directive for Shonga to be connected to power substation

The Shonga power substation

They told you all the benefits, you are still looking at the disadvantages. In fact, I think the government should just own less than 25% of that project or else it dies as soon as the governor leaves office. You are just afraid of the Saraki's being rich. Live with it, life is not fair. There will always be the rich and the poor. What matters is that we have a functional economy.

Even if the governor didn't do this project, you know what, he could still have made away with you allocation and you can't do jack.

You are lucky, you have a visionary governor in Kwara(may be because Saraki's have a sense of ownership in Kwara). come to Ogun state and compare. Its a win win for you guys.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by haboosa(m): 3:26pm On Aug 24, 2010
Kwara state of Nigeria, the problem metamorphozised from the later and create no option whatsoever for the former. I am Kwaran and lived virtually 90% of my life in Kwara , primary,secondary, and even tertiary institution, all i see in Kwara is that whatever motive a Governor posses must be inline and in conjunction with the primary aim of the Small god lipsrsealed whom i think the progress and retardation of the state depend solely on his personal activities. Imagine my local Govt chairman resign his appointment just because he was signing for an allocation XXXX and allocation X is being remitted to the local govt account where X is just 25% of XXXX, pls where is the remaining 75%? The small god as he is popularly called is so compelling that if you stay away from his rules you must definitely stay out of his raider and you will definitely fall from the pecking other.The son he begot emulate him comprehensively such that the state issue were solve inwithin the father's palour. A bridge not neccessarily needed was constructed along a federal road in the state capital with the state money(what i see as a white elephant project), the money used for this project can be use to rehabilitate the damage ilorin-ajaseipo-omuaran road where men of the underworld use to lay ambush, and three other road within the state, i want to no the if Ilorin is the only Kwara?, i have been emphasizing it long ago on this Forum that people can not just come here with an unproven propaganda to deceive the people of Kwara ATI GBON(we don wise) , now back to the SHONGA farm issue, this is a very good initiative but lack implementation, if the son want to do such thing why did he prefer to go to Shonga and why not stay at kosubosu? and other retard communities in the state knowing fully well that Shonga is one of the civilized towns in the country(going way back to colonial era), their land is not as big as the land in KIAMA , OKUTA YASHIKIRA , KOSUBOSU, pls search the land mass of this aforementioned named and compare them with Shonga on google, Do you know how many life was lost during the acquisition of that land by the state govt and what as the state govt done to give back as compensation to the people their land was forcefully hijacked? Kwara is too big to be ruled inside a parlour, go to the border towns like Ilesha baruba, sambufu , Okuta, Yashikira, etal(corper use to reject posting to this area) you will understand why am here to castigate the SON who as since not able to work independent of his Father. All they know is to park kwara money to resuscitate the collapsed SGBN.No element of federal character in the state and the "STATE OF HARMONY" so to say has being moving in a simple harmonic motion as a result of the battered kicking from the hands of the Father. I want to tell you affirmatively that the so call SHONGA project will Fail like Project Trade Bank and others. Dont let us keep our mouth sealed and watch the Bad people shattered the dream of the coming Generation of kwarans . I rest my case but i want the real kwarans to air their views on my comment
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by Ayowumie(m): 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2010
Dis Guy:

you are not making sense- is that clear? that's typical primary school phrase
If im not based in kwara i can still make my observation based on others and general trend from previous years
If you want to start a debate please do state your opinion about ongoings in context with other state and nigeria generally
if you put your points across like normal being I'll take you point but if you are just going to tell me i don't live there so i don't know then piss off!

I dont have to live in Moscow to know its cold there

This is my point! The fact a government in Nigeria has established a laudable project does not mean such project will translate into better standard of living for the people. Based on ur posts on this topic, what u have failed to understand is application of theories to Nigerian situation does not actually bring expected effect. In Kwara, we can "excess of supply will bring down price". This is a mere theory.

Setting up a dairy farm and obtaining its advantages go beyond mere theoretical speculation of 'good economies for shonga' as some people are saying. THE MAIN QUESTION is" is there a political will to sustain economic importance of this dairy?'
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by Harzan(m): 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2010
@Ayowumie:
No mind dem ooooh, make dem dey do as "na dem sabi pass"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Yawnnnnn~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I smell some posters as Gov'nor BUkola Saraki special adviser on Nairaland
& other related stuffs matter!!! grin grin grin
Wat a nice portfolio!
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by DisGuy: 12:25am On Aug 25, 2010
Harzan:

@Ayowumie:
No mind dem ooooh, make dem dey do as "na dem sabi pass"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Yawnnnnn~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I smell some posters as Gov'nor BUkola Saraki special adviser on Nairaland
& other related stuffs matter!!! grin grin grin
Wat a nice portfolio!

The problem is you are not really saying anything, you are like a beer parlour expert that refuse to say anything!

All you have said in this thread is 'i cant shout' please speak lets hear your opinion- you have a right to air your views!
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by DisGuy: 12:43am On Aug 25, 2010
Ayowumie:

This is my point! The fact a government in Nigeria has established a laudable project does not mean such project will translate into better standard of living for the people. Based on your posts on this topic, what u have failed to understand is application of theories to Nigerian situation does not actually bring expected effect. In Kwara, we can "excess of supply will bring down price". This is a mere theory.

Setting up a dairy farm and obtaining its advantages go beyond mere theoretical speculation of 'good economies for shonga' as some people are saying. THE MAIN QUESTION is" i[b]s there a political will to sustain economic importance of this dairy?'[/b]

No the fact that a project has been launched doesn't automatically translate into better standard of living BUT what my posts on this topic points to is that it is, as we have seen in the case of many ppp theories is that there is more than one winner in the long run, the expected result in the long run can be achieved if the momentum is kept and the probability of that happening in this case is reasonably high as the ownership/funding structure is skewed in favour of the private companies who will work to get better returns for themselves, the state will generate revenue for as long as the company is in operation, the majority of workers in these companies will not be imported from outside, if the government continue to support these investments there'll be expansion-more tax, more employement and other food or similar companies will be more disposed to working in the state

I dont think the price of food in the state is high anyway and saying the cost of food will be lower is not far off the mark

Is there a political will to sustain the economic importance of these investments? well the elections are round the corner, the private sector own majority share and they will be seeking re-assurance from the prospective governor- just like Tinubu, i'm sure saraki(s) will be guarding his legacy jealously

Harzan, what's the alternative to playing to your strength as an agrarian state with meagre income from FG with abundant fertile land and eager civil servants?
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by experts: 11:24am On Aug 25, 2010
I hate it when Government lie,

That is the case of kwara state Government, i will add a link on the details of the shonga farm,

But from what i no,

The so called shonga farm is nothin but the saraki property,

OWNERSHIP STRUCTURE
1. Kwara State Government - 15%
2. New Nigerian Farmers - 40%
3. The Banks (Intercontinental, Guaranty, FinBank, Platinum-Habib and Unity) - 45%

It is correct to some extent,but not in the other hand,

1.Kwara State Government -15%
2. New Nigerian Farmer- 40% this company is registered in 1987 by Dr Olusola saraki and its nothin new, the Governor present the Company as a new company that came to handle the job, yet its for his father,

They used Government resources to acquire it,

3. The Banks (Intercontinental, Guaranty, FinBank, Platinum-Habib and Unity) - 45%
They borrow alot of money with the name of kwara state Government from these banks to run the farm yet state Government own just 15%, so if The governor finish his tenure, they will pay the Government 15% and own the Farm while the debt is on the state,
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by experts: 11:47am On Aug 25, 2010
THE GOVERNMENT’S GRAND FRAUD CALLED ZIMBABWEAN FARMS/INVESTMENT PROJECT IN KWARA STATE
SIX YEARS ago.

precisely, in 2004, the GOVERNMENT POLITICAL CABAL embarked on “agricultural revolution” ostensibly to
make kwara state the food basket of the nation. For the government, the displaced Zimbabwean farmers
were the magicians for the tendentious agric revolution of their serfdom. The Zimbabwean farmers, having
been displaced and disposed of their farms and movables, it followed that they were coming to kwara state,
Nigeria, financially unclothed. But despite the material and financial unclothedness of the imported farmers, the
SARAKIS characteristically referred to them as ‘INVESTORS’ for whom Kwara state must mortgage the present
and the future so as to attract, maintain and sustain By and under what is now known as
‘THE COLLABORATIVE AGRICULTURAL AGREEMENT’ the unprecedented perpetual looting, diversion and
conversion of the resources of kwara state and its poor people began in earnest and in full and unmitigated
scal. Under ‘THE COLLABORATIVE AGRICULTURAL AGREEMENT’ Kwara State Government was to provide and
make available to the “god sent” Zimbabwean farmers;

1.1000 hectares of land to each of the first set of
fifteen (15) Zimbabwean farmers.(15,000 Hectares in the first in instance.)

2. Good road network to the farms
3. Domestic water supply from a borehole per farm.
4. Adequate security at the farm house of each farmer,
5. Electricity supply to all the farms,
6. Conducive bungalow house of up to 2,500 Sq. ft. complete with requisite amenities such as;
(i) 200 KVA Generator,
(ii) Adequate storage sheds;
(iii) Fencing of the farmlands;
7. To secure;
(i) PIONEER STATUS,
(ii) Exemption from tax liabilities,
(iii) Duty free concession; and
(iv) Other exemption for financial advantage; From the appropriate Government Authorities /Agencies;
8. A LOAN of $250,000 to each farmer by the Kwara State Government
9. A LOAN of $250,000 to each farmer by a BANK chosen by the farmer with the Kwara State Government as
the Guarantor;
10. Procurement of entry Visas, Work and Resident Permits for the farmers and their families and employees.
LAND ACQUISITION FOR THE ZIMBABWEAN FARMERS BY SARAKIS. In line with the agreement, Sariki forcefully
took the lands of the people of TSONGA DISTRICT of EDU L.G.A.in the name of acquisition. The attempts by the natives to resist the illegal and unlawful takeover of their lands for transfer to foreigners met brutal oppression the law enforcement agents who were savagely and ruthlessly deployed by SARAKI. In the process some of
the natives were killed, many maimed or injured and many sent to prison. The acquisition and transfer of the
natives’ lands to the Zimbabweans was against the LAND USE ACT 1978 which allows Govt to take over lands
from people only for OVERRIDING PUBLIC INTEREST and FORBIDS Govt from taking from one person for the purpose of transferring same to another Nigerian talk‐less of foreigners.

LOANS TO THE ZIMBABWEN FARMERS. The SARAKIS gave the first set of fifteen of their Zimbabwean
employees $250,000 USD each and each also obtained $250,000 USD the Intercontinental Bank PLC /
Guaranty Trust Bank PLC with the Kwara State Govt as the Guanrantor. Not done, SARAKI also used their rubber stamp ,the KWARA STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY , to pass a ‘RESOLUTION’ using the state monthly
ALLOCATIONS from the Federation Account to guarantee another loan of N650,000,000.00 obtaied by the
Zimbabwean farmers in the name of KWA‐ZIMBO ENTERPRISES LTD from the Nigerian Agricultural Cooperative and Rural Development Bank. NACRDB() KWA‐ZIMBO ENTERPRISES LTD defaulted in the repayment of the
principal and interest and when the NACRDB wanted to enforce the IRREVCABLE STANDING PAYMENT
ORDER (ISPO) given by the Kwara state govt on the state monthly allocations, the Saraki arranged and
obtained a RE‐FINANCE LOAN from the FIRST BANK PLC in the sum of N650,000,000.00, this time in the name of SHONGA FARM HOLDINGS NIG LTD. Another GRAND FRAUD A consortium of five banks, at the instance of
SARAKI arranged a syndicated loan of about N2, 000,000,000.00 for the farmers. The loan is also guaranteed
by the Kwara state Govt. Six years after , all the LOANS AND THE ACRUED INTERESTS remained unpaid while
the impact of the farm project is not felt in either Kwara state r Nigeria. The situation now is that KWARA STATE is now burdened with DEBTS running to about N10, 000,000,000.00 in the name of Zimbabwean farm project.

CONVERSION OF THE KWARA STATE FUNDS AND RESOURCES BY SARAKI,
While by the questionable so called COLLABORATIVE AGREEMENT, each farmer is expected to form and register a COMPANY either alone or in conjunction with ‘interested investors’ what has come out of the project is ‘NEW NIGERIA FARM’ Findings at the COPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION (C.A.C.) shows that the company known as
NEW NIGERIA ENTERPRISES LIMITED is wholly owned by SARAKIS. NEW NIGERIA. ENTERPRISES LTD with
R.C.NO:10115 was registered on 10th May, 1972 with DR. SOLA SARAKI and FLORENCE MORENIKE,
(SARAKI’WIFE) as the Subscribers and the Directors By Sections 36 and 37 of the COMPANIES & ALLIED
MATTERS ACT, a new business cannot be registered or be allowed to operate in or with a name so close to or
resembling an existing registere name. ALSO investigations at the CAC revealed that the name NEW NIGERIA
FARM is not registered. This therefore, lends credence to the allegation that all the official and banks documents relating to the farm project have been changed to SRAKIS’. The result is that the farm project is the property of SARAKIS with the Zimbabweans as their employees and the Kwara State the EBTOR either as a LENDER OR as a GUARANTOR of various questionable loans, It is noteworthy that despite billions of Naira hanging on the neck of kwara state, the SARAKIS in the 2010
Budget allocated close to N1, 000,000,000.00 to the Songa Farm Project of the family. By this singular fraud,
the Sarakis have mortgaged the future of the generations yet unborn of Kwara state while enriching
themselves and their family in billions of the people’s resources
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by zeezcounit: 1:45pm On Aug 25, 2010
It is only God that can save the Kwarans from the Sarakites. It seems they have personalised the state to be their family business. When you travelled through the state you would notice that there is no change from his inception since 2003. What they only do is to beautify the ilorin metropolis and live other areas undeveloped.

God bless Nigeria!
God Bless Kwarans!
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by wiseson1: 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2010
I have noticed a disconcerting lack of facts in the submission of one or two people who want to deny the accomplishments of Dr. Bukola Saraki. One thing that a number of people fail to mention in evaluating Dr. Bukola Saraki is that Kwara State has limited resources to say the least. I did some digging around, and I was able to come up with the following pertinent facts about Kwara State.

[list]
[li]86% of its total revenue was coming from its Federal Statutory Allocation, while 14% of its total revenue came from IGR[/li]
[li]It is number 33 out of 36 in terms of Federal Revenue Allocation[/li]
[li]At least 65% of its total revenue is spent on recurrent expenditure - salaries, administrative expenses etc[/li]
[li]The external debt profile of Kwara State as at the time Dr. Bukola Saraki took office was over $333.5 million[/li]
[/list]

Obviously Kwara State is not a state, which has a lot of money to play with. In evaluating Dr. Bukola Saraki, to do so in terms of what is available to him in terms of resources. Going by that. It is clear that even if the total revenue of Kwara State is poured on education alone, or roads alone, it will not be sufficient. I think he rightly chose to make economic growth the focus of his administration. I also think that he was fortunate to have spent two terms, because most of his major projects are medium to long-term projects. It is nothing short of impressive that in a state like Kwara, he was able to pull off huge capital projects such as Shonga Farms, Ganmo power substation, Benin border road, International Aviation College.

A state like Kwara State, which is small has to be innovative. Bukola Saraki has actually demonstrated the kind of thinking we expect to come from places like Lagos - unusual and creative ideas.

Lastly, the failure of some respondents to distinguish between Bukola Saraki and his father is just intellectually lazy and lacks objectivity. It is tantamount to using parentage as a basis for judgement - consequently a man is condemned not for failing in office, but for his parentage. Come on.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by Harzan(m): 6:09pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dis Guy:

The problem is you are not really saying anything, you are like a beer parlour expert that refuse to say anything!

All you have said in this thread is 'i cant shout' please speak lets hear your opinion- you have a right to air your views!

I av not much to say cos am not socked in politics like U guyz, i av better thing to do!
All i know is Ur Gov'nor is trying to play some fast game which U pple blv he is
on the way.
Time will tell who is really incharge sha!
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by DisGuy: 7:33pm On Aug 25, 2010
experts:

I hate it when Government lie,

That is the case of kwara state Government, i will add a link on the details of the shonga farm,

But from what i no,

The so called shonga farm is nothin but the saraki property,

OWNERSHIP STRUCTURE
1. Kwara State Government - 15%
2. New Nigerian Farmers - 40%

It is correct to some extent,but not in the other hand,

1.Kwara State Government -15%
2. New Nigerian Farmer- 40% this company is registered in 1987 by Dr Olusola saraki and its nothin new, the Governor present the Company as a new company that came to handle the job, yet its for his father,

They used Government resources to acquire it,

They borrow alot of money with the name of kwara state Government from these banks to run the farm yet state Government own just 15%, so if The governor finish his tenure, they will pay the Government 15% and own the Farm while the debt is on the state,

sorry mate where is your link from, i can provide a link to wiki and saharareporters to discredt any development, if the link is from a former finance director, former investment banker or a former state official, then i will take but you provided a link from? thats basically beer parlour tactics

BTW i havent got a clued what the ownership structure is but i know the banks are heavily involved and the state obviously donated land and infrastructure to make things happen, the state heavily guaranteed many of these investment seeing as the banks wont do farm business without some strong backing---it seems the only thing many people including myself are sceptical about is 'the interest of saraki' in all this seemingly decent investments BUT one thing you can take away is the result, long n short term of these projects, funny thing is you guys are not arguing about the investments per se just concerned like every nigerian about how much they will make from these sweet deals, i mean fashola, tinubu everyone gets accused of the same thing, did donald duke make money from tinapa? did obasanjo make money from transcorp, is tinubu making money from revenue collection in lagos?

What are the alternatives to agricultural investments for kwara? irrespective of who is there as the governor,councillor etc etc tehy will be accused of stealing whether its true or not! its Nigeria after all!!
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by Ayowumie(m): 9:04am On Aug 26, 2010
experts:

THE GOVERNMENT’S GRAND FRAUD CALLED ZIMBABWEAN FARMS/INVESTMENT PROJECT IN KWARA STATE
SIX YEARS ago.

LOANS TO THE ZIMBABWEN FARMERS. The SARAKIS gave the first set of   fifteen of their Zimbabwean
employees $250,000 USD each and each also obtained $250,000 USD the Intercontinental Bank PLC /
Guaranty Trust Bank PLC with the Kwara State Govt as the Guanrantor.       Not done,  SARAKI  also used their rubber stamp ,the KWARA STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY , to pass a ‘RESOLUTION’ using the state monthly
ALLOCATIONS from the Federation Account to guarantee another loan of  N650,000,000.00 obtaied by the
Zimbabwean farmers in the name of KWA‐ZIMBO ENTERPRISES LTD  from the Nigerian Agricultural Cooperative and Rural Development Bank. NACRDB() KWA‐ZIMBO ENTERPRISES LTD defaulted in the repayment of the
principal and interest  and when the NACRDB wanted to enforce the IRREVCABLE STANDING PAYMENT
ORDER (ISPO) given by the Kwara state govt on the state monthly allocations, the Saraki arranged and
obtained a RE‐FINANCE LOAN from the FIRST BANK PLC in the sum of N650,000,000.00, this time in the name of SHONGA FARM HOLDINGS NIG LTD. Another GRAND FRAUD    A consortium of five banks, at the instance of
SARAKI arranged a syndicated loan of about N2, 000,000,000.00 for the farmers. The loan is also guaranteed
by the Kwara state Govt.   Six years after , all the LOANS AND THE ACRUED INTERESTS remained unpaid while
the impact of the farm project is not felt in either Kwara state r Nigeria. The situation now is that KWARA STATE is now burdened with DEBTS running to about N10, 000,000,000.00 in the name of Zimbabwean farm project.

CONVERSION OF THE KWARA STATE FUNDS AND RESOURCES BY SARAKI,
While by the questionable so called COLLABORATIVE AGREEMENT, each farmer is expected to form and register a COMPANY either alone or in conjunction with ‘interested investors’  what has come out of the project is ‘NEW NIGERIA FARM’   Findings at the COPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION (C.A.C.) shows that the company known as
NEW NIGERIA ENTERPRISES LIMITED is wholly owned by SARAKIS. NEW NIGERIA. ENTERPRISES LTD with
R.C.NO:10115 was registered on 10th May, 1972 with DR. SOLA SARAKI and FLORENCE MORENIKE,
(SARAKI’WIFE) as the Subscribers and the Directors   By Sections 36 and 37 of the COMPANIES & ALLIED
MATTERS ACT, a new business cannot be registered or be allowed to operate in or with a name so close to or
resembling an existing registere name. ALSO investigations at the CAC revealed that the name NEW NIGERIA
FARM is not registered.  This therefore, lends credence to the allegation that all the official and banks documents relating to the farm project have been changed to SRAKIS’. The result is that the farm project is the property of SARAKIS with the Zimbabweans as their employees and the Kwara State the EBTOR either as a LENDER OR as a GUARANTOR of various questionable loans,  It is noteworthy that despite billions of Naira hanging on the neck of kwara state, the SARAKIS in the 2010
Budget allocated close to N1, 000,000,000.00 to the Songa Farm Project of the family. By this singular fraud,
the Sarakis have mortgaged the future of the generations yet unborn of Kwara state while enriching
themselves and their family in billions of the people’s resources

@ expert, CAN U PLS PROVIDE THE SOURCE OF THE POST. CAN U AUTHENTICATE, SO THAT IT WILL BE EASIER TO QUOTE IN A FORMAL CORRESPONDENCE.
wise son:

I have noticed a disconcerting lack of facts in the submission of one or two people who want to deny the accomplishments of Dr. Bukola Saraki. One thing that a number of people fail to mention in evaluating Dr. Bukola Saraki is that[b] Kwara State has limited resources to say the least[/b]. I did some digging around, and I was able to come up with the following pertinent facts about Kwara State.

MOST OF THE STATES IN NIGERIA HAVE LIMITED RESOURCES AND THEY ARE SURVIVING BASED ON FEDERAL ALLOCATION (except for Lagos). Kwara is therefore not exceptional and the failure of the government can not be excused on that fact!!!!!!!!

wise son:

Lastly, the failure of some respondents to distinguish between Bukola Saraki and his father is just intellectually lazy and lacks objectivity. It is tantamount to using parentage as a basis for judgement - consequently a man is condemned not for failing in office, but for his parentage. Come on.

Kwara state belongs to the stronghold of the Sarakis and that was why the father unanimously imposed Bukola in 2003. I agree with u that we can nt use parentage as a basis for judgement, but as far as Kwara is concerned, Bukola's background matters in every assertion (think about this, Why is Gbemisola want to succeed her brother as d next governor, does her stay in the Senata justify that, what has she wit her constituency allowance, her sustainable are petty NGO projects? - The reason is because Saraki is their father and he CAN DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING in Kwara state)So, you cant objectively distinguish the son from the influence of the father. Except of course, if you are not an African and you therefore want to deceive yourself. I STAND TO BE CORRECTED!
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by experts: 10:19am On Aug 26, 2010
it was on the news, u mean u didnt see it, okay i will get a link,

i found it

http://www.elombah.com/news/node/3912

* 86% of its total revenue was coming from its Federal Statutory Allocation, while 14% of its total revenue came from IGR,

okay, many states in Nigerian get there revenue from the same source, that is why they need to spend it wise rather than put it tin there account or control in the name of Government,

* It is number 33 out of 36 in terms of Federal Revenue Allocation, no doubt

* At least 65% of its total revenue is spent on recurrent expenditure - salaries, administrative expenses etc

This is why they are the state that pay less salary in the whole of Nigeria, N9000 for a level 7 civil servant
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by DisGuy: 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2010
experts:

it was on the news, u mean u didnt see it, okay i will get a link,

i found it

http://www.elombah.com/news/node/3912

* 86% of its total revenue was coming from its Federal Statutory Allocation, while 14% of its total revenue came from IGR,

okay, many states in Nigerian get there revenue from the same source, that is why they need to spend it wise rather than put it tin there account or control in the name of Government,

* It is number 33 out of 36 in terms of Federal Revenue Allocation, no doubt

* At least 65% of its total revenue is spent on recurrent expenditure - salaries, administrative expenses etc

This is why they are the state that pay less salary in the whole of Nigeria, N9000 for a level 7 civil servant

elomab is like sarah reporters so

and the other part of your post is even more reason why inviting private funds is necessary, i mean criticizing a state with meagre resource for investing in food processing and agriculture is a bit odd to me, what do you think the governor should invest in?
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by arabela1: 11:30am On Oct 20, 2010
Wed, October 6, 2010 10:30:13 PMBe sure of me
From: His-Excellency Kwara State <gov.bukola2010@gmail.com> View Contact
To: Kaptol Street <kaptolstreet@yahoo.com>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ella,

I felt great for you in particular to have direct contact with me. I
read more about you and peoples you met during your studying. Life is
all about meeting peoples with different cultures.

Africa generally in a home of Cultures and we do associates with
peoples coming from another part of the world.

I wish you are single and i am also single i could have proposed a
marriage to you. This might sounds funny But, you have principle and
discipline. I wish you keep it up. Well the reason of buying your
property is for my family to ability as they are willing to relocate
which they have impressed and interested, Just wish i make them happy
and to be proud of me being an honest father.

Electronically voices are seems to be extremely changed in a
particular occasions either been on the phone nor internet. Such as in
person we get to know the right voice of the person you are
interacting with.

My proposed payment plan for meeting in London is based on the fact
that my position is not allowed me as a Governor to transfer money out
of the country to another simply because of MISAPPROPRIATION OF MONEY
and i might be alleged which is prohibited in the ACT 2003
Constitutions.

All your expenses to London would be recover as i am willing to help
you in order to get the house of your interest to buy.

In the mean times i wish we could finalized the transaction soon and
let be a good friends to one and other.

I will be expecting your response soon.

Yours Faithfully,

Dr. Bukola Saraki.
Kwara State Governor
tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by DisGuy: 5:18pm On Feb 12, 2011
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38266:kwara-white-farmers-blessings-sans-blemish&catid=3:metro&Itemid=558

THEY are white Zimbabwean farmers, currently in Shonga, Edu Local Government Area of Kwara State brought into the country from Zimbabwe in 2004 under the initiative of Governor Bukola Saraki of Kwara State. Now the state is reaping its blessings.

Shonga, Edu Local Government Area (LGA) of Kwara State is now becoming a centre for commercial agriculture, six years after the settlement of some 13 Zimbabwean white farmers in the communities by the government of Dr. Bukola Saraki of the state. The settlement was meant to boost production of agricultural products in the state.

The farmers are spread over 13000 hectares of land, each of them with 1000 hectares to grow crops and rear animals. They are now operating in three groups: crop production, poultry and diary farming.

Four of them are into poultry farming with the state- of -the -art-facilities to produce 25,000 matured birds(broilers) in four weeks. On the way to the farm (in Tsaragi) is a mini-factory owned by the Nigerian Starch Company based in Ihiala, Anambra State. The company buys cassava from the farmers for starch production.

Shonga can now boast of a new Police Station, a 33 KVA power station has been stationed there. Telecommunication industries like MTN, Glo now have their masts in Shonga. The villagers can now boast of a well-equipped heath centre. The inhabitants watch CNN, Sky News, Africa Magic, and others television stations on their televisions which are now connected to satellite.

According to Mr. Ayotunde Oyeniyi, the Permanent Secretary (PS), of Kwara State Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources, it has been discovered that spoon- feeding local farmers does not bring results. “Governor Saraki discovered that except through commercial agriculture, we cannot fast-tract agriculture development in the state?”
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by ekubear1: 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2011
^-- Nice article.

I badly want commercial farming in Ekiti State. Hrm. . .
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by ekubear1: 9:51pm On Feb 12, 2011

“ So that you can buy a bottle of fresh milk which is made in Nigeria, one hundred per cent in Lagos or other parts of the country. The government will not be wasting its valuable oil money to import milk from Europe and America. I am an African. Africans must learn to stand on their feets. The business of leaning to the West is nonsense. The problem I find all the time is that Africans think they are useless. All they say is: ‘It is not my fault’. They are happy to say: ‘I am a black man’, every time something goes wrong.  I want to change that mentality. Then I can make some money at the same time.

Heh.

He harped on the fact that one of the biggest problems in Nigeria is too much oil wells. And that has created a lot of dependency on the West. The banks make easy money from oil. “To make money out of lending to farmers is hard work.
Bank managers should be coming here every six months. And should be sitting down on the table with the farmers, saying: ‘How we help you?’”

Retziaff  regretted that initially the banks in Nigeria were not even interested in giving loan to farmers. “Some of them are now just beginning to be interested in giving us loans after five years of our operation in Nigeria. Now we are selling our milk to WAMCO. That money goes into the banks. They are now trying to understand that when you lend money to a farmer, he must have 20 years to pay back. Agriculture is the wealth of any country not oil. Oil wells can run out, but the people must eat food all the time,” he said.
Indeed.

Subsistent or personal agriculture he said degrades the soil and the environment. “Up till now, all the milk you buy in Nigeria was produced by white farmers in Europe. Now when you drink Peak Milk, you are drinking part of  the milk we are producing in Shonga. The money is staying in the country. It is creating wealth.”

For the industry to be sustainable, he agreed that he can not afford to continue to import cows from Europe or America to the country. “We have to improve the Fulani cows, there is no other way. We are working on cross-breeding the Fulani cows with the high breeds from Europe already. I already have 20 of them on the ground. A Fulani cow is a milking cow, it is just that to justify creating a commercial dairy industry, we need to push up its production a little bit. In order to justify expending capital on milking machine, trucks, etc.”
This, I didn't quite get.

Despite her age, she is a spirited woman: “You have to keep working to keep fit. Once you stop working, you die. Work is work, it depends on what you put into it. And we are able to teach people. Isn’t that what we are here for? To teach Nigerians agriculture, and we are doing a great job. The people around this area are very willing to learn how to do things. Studying microbiology and other things is very different from managing fresh milk.”

The General Manager submitted that one has to come and work on the farm to get the technology of commercial agriculture. “ Other states have to open up more farms and do the same things that we are doing here. You can’t just farm on one hectare of land and expect to make money. You got to have a big farm. You need to have the factory to process your products like cassava on the farm. So that you don’t have to look for transport, because your roads are not good. I don’t  even know how those drivers manage.”
Preach, good woman!

“If you do your agriculture properly, you will be able to export to other countries. Export Banana, Pineapple, pawpaw etc. Zimbabwe used to be the food basket of Africa. It used to produce enough food and vegetable to fly a plane out, every night to Europe. But all that is over, because of poor management. It is very sad.
Zimbabwe is just the size of one of your states. You got the Niger River, you could do fishing and all that for export,” she said.
Lol, she underestimates the size of Zimbabwe. But yes, the River Niger is an underexploited resource.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by DisGuy: 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2011
For the industry to be sustainable, he agreed that he can not afford to continue to import cows from Europe or America to the country. “We have to improve the Fulani cows, there is no other way. We are working on cross-breeding the Fulani cows with the high breeds from Europe already. I already have 20 of them on the ground. A Fulani cow is a milking cow, it is just that to justify creating a commercial dairy industry, we need to push up its production a little bit. In order to justify expending capital on milking machine, trucks, etc.”

This, I didn't quite get.

I think about 800 cows were imported from SA and EU, these cows have been feed and breed to produce higher quality/quantity milk unlike the nigerian variety that just graze on grass without vitamins and injections

So now they are mix breeding them, Northern cows mated with those bull like ones from EU
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by ekubear1: 10:57pm On Feb 12, 2011
^-- I guess my point is that once you have enough imported cows you just breed them and thus don't have to import anymore.

In other words, with enough imported cows no need to deal with Fulani ones instead.

So why the emphasis on improving the Fulani cow breed rather than just swapping them out for foreign ones?

Generally when you crossbreed, the point is to get the best of both breeds. Yet it appears that the foreign ones are superior from a milk productivity perspective, and survive just as well as the local ones. So the local breed doesn't have anything to offer.

So why "We have to improve the Fulani cows, there is no other way"?

That is what I don't get.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by DisGuy: 11:10pm On Feb 12, 2011
So why "We have to improve the Fulani cows, there is no other way"?

because the 850 initially imported, is still not enough to meet local demand , at the moment they are still buying milk from local herdsmen
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by ekubear1: 5:19am On Feb 13, 2011
^-- Hrm, so improve the local breed so that the herdsmen have better cows?

Worth doing if it can be done, I guess.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:56pm On Feb 13, 2011
Is Kwara state really the ideal state for this whole farming/food production scheme? Is there any reason serious attempts are not being made by most other states to move into mechanized farming and agriculture on a large scale?

Just asking, I don't know too much about the state.

On a completely unrelated note, Jigga in Kwara:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-27020.0.html

http://bellanaija..com/2006/10/jay-z-in-kwara.html

http://www.clickafrique.com/Magazine/ST012/CP0000000264.aspx

edit - found better pictures

www.nairaland.com/attachments/22832_DSC00226_jpge579c1d560c231c1f4af3f7b37fd65e8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/22835_DSC00233_jpgde15b14a54e64c79dcd0f7c1766a9818

grin grin grin
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 14, 2011
Bukola and his father can fool the rest of the world as long as Kwara residents know the truth. , This whole project is a scam, I have never seen the end result in terms of the farm produce on any major market down here cos i want to believe with all this sugar-coated proposals, we kwarans should be thriving in food produce. Shonga farm my foot, This guy spent eight years in government and i can count is achievements with my five fingers, How could he have ever thought of ruling Nigeria which such resume, f.u.c.ktards!
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by DisGuy: 2:27pm On Feb 14, 2011
colomb:

Bukola and his father can fool the rest of the world as long as Kwara residents know the truth. , This whole project is a scam, I have never seen the end result in terms of the farm produce on any major market down here cos i want to believe with all this sugar-coated proposals, we kwarans should be thriving in food produce. Shonga farm my foot, This guy spent eight years in government and i can count is achievements with my five fingers, How could he have ever thought of ruling Nigeria which such resume, f.u.c.ktards!

sorry are you saying WAMPCO are not actually getting their milk from teh diary farms? are you saying the Starch company in Abia state is not getting their produce from the cassava farms in kwara and do you actually believe five years is enough time for an 'agricultural revolution'?

Are you insinuating the Sarakis eat the over 20,000 chickens bred by each farmers every month?

And what exactly do you mean when you say you've not see end result in major markets? are the products in Mushin and Oshodi markets labelled made in xyz states? plus i doubt these farmers are there to do the usual tomatoes, pepper, vegetables they are more of industrial/commercial farmers- Diaries for milk/yoghurt etc, cassava for starch companies chicken for hotels and restaurants

Perhaps you typed in haste
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by ekubear1: 10:00pm On Feb 14, 2011
^-- Somehow people don't value good projects unless it directly impacts their pocketbook undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official / Buhari Is Sick!!! / Zahra Buhari's Look Alike Begs For Recognition(see Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.