Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program (7286 Views)

I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... / Dear Dr Bukola Saraki,(This is definitely NOT the CHANGE we voted for!) / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Feb 14, 2011
colomb:

Bukola and his father can fool the rest of the world as long as Kwara residents know the truth. , This whole project is a scam, I have never seen the end result in terms of the farm produce on any major market down here cos i want to believe with all this sugar-coated proposals, we kwarans should be thriving in food produce. Shonga farm my foot, This guy spent eight years in government and i can count is achievements with my five fingers, How could he have ever thought of ruling Nigeria which such resume, f.u.c.ktards!

Granted that Saraki has bungled in so many other areas but this party venture, I can say is a good move for the state(if he does not turn around and swallow up the revenue created from this). If this is allowed to grow, Kwara can as well become the food basket of Nigeria in no time at all.

Now, this again, is no endorsement of Saraki or his handling of affairs in the last 8 years.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki Launches Dairy Development Program by DisGuy: 2:19am On Mar 28, 2011
http://www.suite101.com/content/south-african-farmers-flee-to-georgia-a357279

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12599987

[size=18pt]Georgia's call for South African farmers[/size]

To revive its agricultural industry, the Georgian government is inviting groups of white South African farmers to settle and farm there - but not everyone thinks it is such a good idea, reports the BBC's Caucasus correspondent Damien McGuinness.

Dressed in shorts, snow is clearly a new experience for these South African farmers.

But this trip to Georgia is about more than seeing a different climate. Johan Swart has come with his wife and his parents to see if the former Soviet republic could one day become his new home.

He says the policies of the South African government are making it increasingly difficult to stay in the country where he was born.

"The government can come to you, and tell you, this is what we are willing to pay for your farm and you have to sell," he explained. "If the government doesn't recognise the value you put on the farm, wants to pay you maybe a half of that, and you have to sell, what security do you have?"
Skills lost

At the end of apartheid in South Africa the majority of the land was owned by the white community, who made up less than 10% of the population. Now, with land reforms under way, some farmers are looking for opportunities elsewhere.

So far, 90 white South African farmers have visited Georgia to look at land for sale.

In the former Soviet Union, Georgian farms were mostly state-run, so many Georgian farmers lost their traditional skills.

According to government spokesman Nikoloz Avaliani, these South African farmers will help to turn things round.

"South African farmers are some of the best farmers in the world. They have good experience and we would like to see such farms in Georgia. There is a lot of potential here."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Transparency International Writes Jonathan On Corruption Rate . / Oyo, UK Firm Sign Agreement On Soya Milk Production / Someone has Provided Evidence exposing Amaechi & Fashola As Hypocritical Liars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.