Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (38339 Views)

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags / Should I Advice Her, Play Along Or Leave Her? / 3 Financial Red Flags In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by LordKO(m): 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
you did not explain the difference between narcissistic, and egoistical men

My submission is genderless and, of course, I wrote about egoism: your "egoistical men."

Read/reread my submission again.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 16, 2019
johnkey:
I'm a proud calm narcissist and truthfully I always get the pussy before walking away. The good looks and sweet mouth helps even without spending much.

I don't keep female friends, no girl in this world can point to me and say he's my friend, baby it's either we're dating, facking, or we not talking

Can't help it

Was created that way.
like I said narcs are not capable of having fulfilling intimate relationships. They are difficult to treat because they have n reason to change and lack insight where true friendship is concerned

7 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 16, 2019
LordKO:

My submission is genderless and, of course, I wrote about egoism: your "egoistical men."

I did and I am yet to see the distinction between the two in your post. Please just make I clear so i can understand your point.
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 16, 2019
Rubbiish:
Anybody can be narcissist
Why are making it seem only men are narcissist?
I apologise for that. There are a lot of narcissistic women, it is just that they are usually covert because narcissism is not believed to be feminine. But a lot of gorgeously beautiful women are narcissistic because they were reinforced on their beauty growing up and it is all they have. They then engage in attention seeking behavior to gain validation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
I apologise for that. There are a lot of narcissistic women, it is just that they are usually covert because narcissism is not believed to be feminine. But a lot of gorgeously beautiful women are narcissistic because they were reinforced on their beauty growing up and it is all they have. They then engage in attention seeking behavior to gain validation.

This is true. Lots of the crazy narcissistic ladies I have seen all possess this entitlement mentality. I run away once I notice these tendencies grin

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2019
LordKO:

I did and I am yet to see the distinction between the two in your post. Please just make I clear so i can understand your point. Because all u mentioned are narcissistic traits.
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by johnkey: 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
like I said narcs are not capable of having fulfilling intimate relationships. They are difficult to treat because they have n reason to change and lack insight where true friendship is concerned
I disagree, I have a main relationship that I've maintained for four years now and plan on wifing her because I love her and disvirgined (the only virgin I ever had and not looking for any again) her and have no evidence of her cheating infact she's the only one I trust in this life apart from my close family. The idea of marrying a 'used-by-another-guy' lady is a big NO for me. I love my girl as much as I love other girls kitten, it doesn't make me a bad person it's just in my DNA to be bad.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by LordKO(m): 2:26pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
I did and I am yet to see the distinction between the two in your post. Please just make I clear so i can understand your point. Because all u mentioned are narcissistic traits.

The difference between egotists (egotistical people) and narcissists (narcissistic people) is that:

The former (egotists/egotistical people) "take and take until the giver is half of themselves (I borrowed your words as quoted)". . . finished - Self-centeredness and contentiousness are their major hallmark, they care less. While the latter (narcissists), everything is transaction-business-like to them and they don't pretend about it - they're not altruistic givers and faithful lovers, but they expect altruism and faithfulness. Selfishness and sanctimony - to them they're good moral personification, instead of personification of hypocrisy they're - are their major hallmark, they care but without emotion so it's an instant give and take for them (like a typical business person that owes you honesty but no loyalty).

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 16, 2019
LordKO:

The difference between egotists (egotistical people) and narcissists (narcissistic people) is that:

The former (egotists/egotistical people) "take and take until the giver is half of themselves (I borrowed your words as quoted)". . . finished - Self-centeredness and contentiousness are their major hallmark, they care less. While the latter (narcissists), everything is transaction-business-like to them and they don't pretend about it - they're givers, but not altruistic givers. Selfishness and sanctimony - to them they're good moral personification, instead of personification of hypocrisy they're - are their major hallmark.
you are getting it wrong. All you said are just signs of narcissistic personality disorder. Google It. Narcissism is a broad spectrum which covers all three of your terms
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by johnkey: 2:30pm On Feb 16, 2019
LordKO:

The former (egotists/egotistical people) "take and take until the giver is half of themselves (I borrowed your words as quoted)". . . finished - Self-centeredness and contentiousness are their major hallmark, they care less. While the latter (narcissists), everything is transaction-business-like to them and they don't pretend about it - they're givers, but not altruistic givers. Selfishness and sanctimony - to them they're good moral personification, instead of personification of hypocrisy they're - are their major hallmark, they care but without emotion so it's an instant give and take for them, they can be honest.
You're so right about this.

The Scorpio in me tends to control the narcissist in me though.

I don't want your help simply because I don't want to be indebted to you or have you controlling me

And if I will help you it has to be for something, which mostly is the poosay for me cause I don't need help in the first place so if you've got no poosay to offer I'll simply help for humanity or ignore.

And we can also both walk away in opposite direction and forget we ever met.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by LordKO(m): 2:32pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
you are getting it wrong. All you said are just signs of narcissistic personality disorder. Google It. Narcissism is a broad spectrum which covers all three of your terms

You amuse me. Most of the contributors on google, quora, etc, are people like you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2019
LordKO:

You amuse me. Most of the contributors on google. quora, etc, are people like you.
which one of the terms you used has empathy? Differentiate your terms with examples
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:43pm On Feb 16, 2019
victorian:

My dear , I don't waste my time dating such type of human beings.

Immediately I notice on the first date ? Its over . I can't cope with any man , I hope to date having such mentality. I don japa!!

I dated one like that, he thought he is the only available God's gift to women . Fine . tall 6" 2" ft with a good job and perfect massive duplex home . Intact after the date, I regretted ever meeting up with him. And I told him point blank , sorry Im no longer interested in dating you. He was shocked and angry. But thats it . I just can't swallow such attitudes everyday .

bye bye to such terrible attitude . Give it to somoeonesle biko, I"ll pass!

I can't !

Lair lair, pants on fire!

As a 39 years old woman that you're, meeting a guy with such spec as you defined up there, you'll gladly and forever cling to his shirt. You'll even be a door mat for him to walk on. Don't tell us lies, please.

Stop living a lie!

10 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:48pm On Feb 16, 2019
johnkey:
I'm a proud calm narcissist and truthfully I always get the pussy before walking away. The good looks and sweet mouth helps even without spending much.

I don't keep female friends, no girl in this world can point to me and say he's my friend, baby it's either we're dating, facking, or we not talking

Can't help it

Was created that way.

And how has that added massively to your pocket?
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by johnkey: 2:50pm On Feb 16, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

And how has that added massively to your pocket?

I have other things adding to my pocket so that's not your business.

My ego is so big

We are alike in a way, I seen your post about being unemotional, that kinda speaks a lot about me.

You narcissist too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by LordKO(m): 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
which one of the terms you used has empathy? Differentiate your terms with examples

My submissions are precise refer to them, because I've limited time. Egotist has empathy - with self-centerednes as its major hallmark. Self-centeredness doesn't mean automatic absence of empathy, it only means "self/self interest enable empathy." If an egotist considers you as his/her interest/part of self, you'll enjoy his goodness to the maximum.

None of these traits means EVIL automatically - only one who possesses all the traits can be termed evil.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 16, 2019
johnkey:
I disagree, I have a main relationship that I've maintained for four years now and plan on wifing her because I love her and disvirgined (the only virgin I ever had and not looking for any again) her and have no evidence of her cheating infact she's the only one I trust in this life apart from my close family. The idea of marrying a 'used-by-another-guy' lady is a big NO for me. I love my girl as much as I love other girls kitten, it doesn't make me a bad person it's just in my DNA to be bad.
lol. No one said that narcs don't get married. Do you constantly seek for attention? Are you capable of putting yourself in other people's shoes and act based on that? Are you capable of giving without anything in return or sacrificing for someone dear to you without being acknowledged?

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by LordKO(m): 2:53pm On Feb 16, 2019
johnkey:
You're so right about this.

The Scorpio in me tends to control the narcissist in me though.

I don't want your help simply because I don't want to be indebted to you or have you controlling me

And if I will help you it has to be for something, which mostly is the kitten for me cause I don't need help in the first place

And we can also both walk away in opposite direction and forget we ever met.

@funmisticqueen, this person understands my submission.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 16, 2019
LordKO:

My submissions are precise refer to them, because I've limited time. An egotist has empathy - with self-centerednes as its major hallmark. Self-centeredness doesn't mean automatic absence of empathy, it only means "self/self interest enable empathy." If an egotist considers you as his/her interest/part of self, you'll enjoy his goodness to the maximum.

Neither of these traits means EVIL automatically - only one who possesses all the traits can be termed evil.
on that we both agree but egoism is one of the 9 traits of narcissistic personality disorder
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 16, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

As a 39 years old woman that you're, meeting a guy with such spec as you defined up there, you'll gladly and forever cling to his shirt. You'll even be a door mat for him to walk on. Don't tell us lies, please.

Stop living a lie!

stop the beef! It's not nice.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by johnkey: 3:01pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
lol. No one said that narcs don't get married. Do you constantly seek for attention? Are you capable of putting yourself in other people's shoes and act based on that? Are you capable of giving without anything in return or sacrificing for someone dear to you without being acknowledged?
Seeking attention? No I'm too introverted for that. Putting myself in other people's shoes? Not sure but in extreme cases yes like one time in school when my neighbor came to charge his iPhone and he was just twisting and maneuvering the phone to charge and I had a new longer cord I've kept for years that I don't use, I willingly gave him that day and the joy he had moved me to tears so yes I'm compassionate but I can be mean, like really mean . Capable of giving something without return? Yes I help family in my own little way.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 16, 2019
johnkey:
Seeking attention? No I'm too introverted for that. Putting myself in other people's shoes? Not sure but in an extreme cases yes like one time in school when my neighbor came to charge his iPhone and he was just twisting and maneuvering the phone to charge and I had a new longer cord I've kept for years that I don't use, I willingly gave him that day and the joy he had moved me to tears so yes I'm compassionate but I can he mean, like really mean . Capable of giving something without return? Yes I help family in my own little way.
then I don't think you are a narc. You seem to be empathetic and not selfish at the detriment of others. At most you are egoistical. I would need to watch you in action to make my assessment

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Martinez39(m): 3:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Stop living a lie!

What if she is also independent?
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by johnkey: 3:09pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
then I don't think you are a narc. You seem to be empathetic and not selfish at the detriment of others. At most you are egoistical. I would need to watch you in action to make my assessment
Let's just say I'm a narc to the ladies lol, they just seem to fall from the first hello.

I haven't really called myself a narcissist before today but from your post and seeing i have almost the same traits (in a good way).
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:09pm On Feb 16, 2019
johnkey:
I have other things adding to my pocket so that's not your business.

My ego is so big

We are alike in a way, I seen your post about being unemotional, that kinda speaks a lot about me.

You narcissist too?

I'm not a narcissist. undecided

And no, we are not alike. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 16, 2019
johnkey:
Let's just say I'm a narc to the ladies lol, they just seem to fall from the first hello.
but it isn't your personality.
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:10pm On Feb 16, 2019
Martinez39:
What if she is also independent?

Hahahaha. It's a pity you don't know that lady too well.
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by 999Kobo(m): 3:10pm On Feb 16, 2019
Stay and give us more news
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
stop the beef! It's not nice.

Ok.

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Martinez39(m): 3:14pm On Feb 16, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Hahahaha. It's a pity you don't know that lady too well.
Okay, I admit I don't know her. If she is indeed not independent they she must among the very very very very few naija girls that can call off such relationship. grin
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by johnkey: 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
but it isn't your personality.
I modified the post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

'You Will Die Single If You Are Afraid To Destroy People's Relationships' - Lady / He Saw A Positive Pregnancy Result In Her Room. / Ladies: Why Leave Your Cleavage Open?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.