Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,545 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections (45834 Views)

Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do / INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) / 2019 General Elections Will Cost N242.4bn - Buhari Tells National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Tundey606(m): 11:51am On Feb 16, 2019
SSCE holder ruling us so what do we expect
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by HomeOfMe(f): 11:52am On Feb 16, 2019
As far as I'm concerned INEC is not independent,they're acting on instructions. He that pays the piper dictates the tune. Stop deceiving yourself by acting ignorant. HYPOCRITES!
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by skales67(m): 11:52am On Feb 16, 2019
BlazeAttai:
God punish your generation.

You bastard

Why are you calling him a bastard?
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by MartinsD12(m): 11:53am On Feb 16, 2019
Agritech:
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE
STATEMENT BY PRESIDENT BUHARI ON THE POSTPONEMENT OF GENERAL ELECTIONS BY INEC

I am deeply disappointed that despite the long notice given and our preparations both locally and internationally, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) postponed the Presidential and National Assembly elections within hours of its commencement.

Many Nigerians have traveled to various locations to exercise their right to vote, and international observers are gathered.

INEC themselves have given assurances, day after day and almost hour after hour that they are in complete readiness for the elections. We and all our citizens believed them.
This administration has ensured that we do not interfere in any way with the work of INEC except to ensure that all funds were released to the commission.

We now urge INEC to ensure not only that materials already distributed are safe and do not get into wrong hands, but that everything is done to avoid the lapses that resulted in this unfortunate postponement, and ensure a free and fair election on the rescheduled dates.
While I reaffirm my strong commitment to the independence, neutrality of the electoral umpire and the sanctity of the electoral process and ballot, I urge all political stakeholders and Nigerians to continue to rally round INEC at this trying national moment in our democratic journey.

I, therefore, appeal to all Nigerians to refrain from all civil disorder and remain peaceful, patriotic and united to ensure that no force or conspiracy derail our democratic development.

I have decided to move back to Abuja to ensure that the 14.00 hrs meeting called by INEC with all stakeholders is successful.

Muhammadu Buhari
Daura, February 16, 2019

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/313241-breaking-buhari-speaks-on-postponement-of-2019-general-elections.html?fbclid=IwAR1RIJAU5lfd62LSC8oUqsfsqq88dSv6yMgwqswd12y1kB0XEpmba3X9y84
Prepare your hand over note to President elect Atiku Abubakar and vice president elect Mr Peter Obi the economy themselves incompetent government
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 16, 2019
I wish professor mahmud was a yoruba or igboman or a minority somebody from the north, he would have been sacked by now cos they'd say he's taking sides with the pdp grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by AngelicBeing: 11:54am On Feb 16, 2019
Rubbish, next news jare grin

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by HomeOfMe(f): 11:55am On Feb 16, 2019
samtee37:
It's not a bad idea for you to still enjoy the office for a week Oga Buhari. Your days are numbered
Even if he ends up not wining,he still has till may.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by meekhat: 11:57am On Feb 16, 2019
As the Lord God Almighty liveth Whom alone is Called 'JEHOVA', this current administration will not continue. It doesn't matter what any man's opinion is, this incumbent president is a goner. Just mark this post.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by emmy2244: 11:57am On Feb 16, 2019
this administration nawa everything is upside down why buhari Choose to put fake people mostly in all key offices imagine the person in the inec as a Chairman calling General Election off in die minutes, Believe it or not this man called Buhari Mr integrity for one beat does not deserve any body's vote not to talk of been a president of a country like Nigeria, Nigerians please week up , this man must stop holding us stand still ,
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by PresidentAtiku(m): 11:57am On Feb 16, 2019
The supreme dullard have spoken
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by WNKQI: 11:58am On Feb 16, 2019
What happen to those who plan their wedding next week. This man will not mind the effect of his continues action and inaction to the citizen. Worst of it he will pretend not be aware. 'that is their mr integrity'
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 16, 2019
This is why positions should only be assigned to those that are qualified and trustworthy. The faster we shun tribalism and religious based appointments in government the better for us.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by IYANGBALI: 12:02pm On Feb 16, 2019
Nigeria should have given the INEC duties to a Yoruba Owambe party planner. They would have done a wonderful job.*
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by namio10: 12:02pm On Feb 16, 2019
DEEP DISAPPOINTMENT HAS BEEN BUHARI
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Printerscanner: 12:03pm On Feb 16, 2019
Fuckdamod:
God punish all of you Apc

I am an APC member. God is already punishing you.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Mikreal4: 12:03pm On Feb 16, 2019
Abjay97:
He planned it..
He planned and put Amina Zakari as chairman logistics..
He planned that INEC chairman blame it on logistics..
But he never planned to deceive Nigerians, cause Nigerians know that the chairman blamed for the failure of logistics is related to Buhari...

God bless incoming President
H.E ATIKU ABUBAKAR GCFR
You are still on blame game.....
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by afams(m): 12:05pm On Feb 16, 2019
A P C___ Bad market
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by ACE1010: 12:06pm On Feb 16, 2019
dangermouse:

Its no laughing matter bro.
This administration has turned this country upside-down and inside -out

I understand you perfectly.....the "queer result" you said left me giggling grin grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by WNKQI: 12:06pm On Feb 16, 2019
The professorship of this Inec Chairman should be withdraw for allowing himself to use by a common SSCE holder. Or he should come out to tell the whole world if his action was as a result of treat from Buhari and his cabal
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Ojiofor: 12:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Sincerely, I think Buhari is not happy with the postponement. The man is not in charge. I suspect people like Tinubu, Amaechi and that ugly thing from Edo

If you believe that you can believe anything. What Buhari just did is called Taqiyyah(deception) in Muslim world.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Kuginzi: 12:08pm On Feb 16, 2019
SeverusSnape:

Yes, where the dullard in chief will be sent packing. Right?

They are only postponing the inevitable.
Which village did u come from?
Atiku is already a looser. A bad candidate for PDP. Atiku can only win online but not in reality.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by PSVITA(m): 12:12pm On Feb 16, 2019
The only thing that INEC can do to appease us for the unfavorable situation we experienced is to increase our Electioneering allowance and pay us our outstanding Training Allowance. We were promised that we would be paid before the election, only to be abandoned at our RAC centres without any form of security. It is on this note we have decided to inform INEC, NYSC and the entire public that Corps members are deeply aggrieved and we need our renumeration for every physical and psychological stress we have been put through.
Gentlemen Corps members, share this broadcast on all social media platforms until the DG NYSC sees this.
CC: CHAIRMAN INEC
CC: LAGOS STATE NYSC COORDINATOR
CC: INEC OFFICIALS

Concerned Corps Members
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by GGirll: 12:12pm On Feb 16, 2019
seunmsg:
Hopefully, INEC will get its inefficient act together and deliver a free, fair, and credible elections next week. The postponement is a very bitter pill to swallow for most of us. Nigeria is our country and we have no other country to run to. Even if I’m giving a free Canadian visa, I will still remain in Nigeria. Therefore, we must learn to always get things right.

Desperate politicians on all sides should also stop playing politics with this national embarrassment. The shame of this postponement is on all Nigerians. We must all rally round INEC at this critical time to ensure a successful election next week.

Point of correction....the shame is totally on you n all apc members n supporters of evil demonic party like you mtchewww
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Kuginzi: 12:12pm On Feb 16, 2019
Abjay97:
He planned it..
He planned and put Amina Zakari as chairman logistics..
He planned that INEC chairman blame it on logistics..
But he never planned to deceive Nigerians, cause Nigerians know that the chairman blamed for the failure of logistics is related to Buhari...

God bless incoming President
H.E ATIKU ABUBAKAR GCFR
Atiku can only win election online and in Biafra land. Saturday is not far
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by WNKQI: 12:12pm On Feb 16, 2019
Printerscanner:

I am an APC member. God is already punishing you.
You should be are shame of yourself. association of failure
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by fortune1968: 12:14pm On Feb 16, 2019
samtee37:
It's not a bad idea for you to still enjoy the office for a week Oga Buhari. Your days are numbered
You people shouting on d social media should realise that it is not only d south east and south south DT will elect d president .Buhari will surely win .The northerners and d s west will not make any noise but only vote their choice - Buhari .
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Phorlorunso: 12:15pm On Feb 16, 2019
seunmsg:
Hopefully, INEC will get its inefficient act together and deliver a free, fair, and credible elections next week. The postponement is a very bitter pill to swallow for most of us. Nigeria is our country and we have no other country to run to. Even if I’m giving a free Canadian visa, I will still remain in Nigeria. Therefore, we must learn to always get things right.

Desperate politicians on all sides should also stop playing politics with this national embarrassment. The shame of this postponement is on all Nigerians. We must all rally round INEC at this critical time to ensure a successful election next week.
You're funny sha. What is shameful in the postponement of the elections when inec saw that it would amount to so many people being disenfranchised? Is it only in Nigeria that postponement of elections happen? About four state offices of inec were burnt down with many elections materials lost, pvc's burnt and some sensitive materials affected. As at yesterday evening many states complained of no ballot papers and a host of other problems and I agree some of the problems inec could have prevented but some were beyond their powers cuz they don't provide security for themselves. There is absolutely nothing wrong in postponing the elections just for a week to put everything in order and ensure every eligible electorate get the chance to exercise their civic responsibilities. The way some so called youths reason in this country sef tire me. Embarrassment my foot
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by GreyLaw(m): 12:17pm On Feb 16, 2019
Seetto:
I think buhari has spoken well

This is the only president that doesn't interfere in the affairs of any government institutions, I believe you PMB

when INEC refuse to include APC candidates in 2019 election, they didn't mention INEC

Now they are crying foul shouting PMB....

Yes, like removing the CJN unilaterally without following due process and also installing a new CJN all by himself, right?

I hope some of you think through before making comments. One thing I am sure of, if Nigerians are serious with good governance, Buhari should NOT be re-elected!
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Ryan14(m): 12:20pm On Feb 16, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edo Election: Philip Shaibu Dances To Celebrate PDP And Obaseki's Victory / FG Approves US Request For Abba Kyari’s Extradition / Pictures Of APC Delegates Casting Their Votes At The Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.