Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections (45808 Views)

Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do / INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) / 2019 General Elections Will Cost N242.4bn - Buhari Tells National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Agritech(m): 11:23am On Feb 16, 2019
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE
STATEMENT BY PRESIDENT BUHARI ON THE POSTPONEMENT OF GENERAL ELECTIONS BY INEC

I am deeply disappointed that despite the long notice given and our preparations both locally and internationally, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) postponed the Presidential and National Assembly elections within hours of its commencement.

Many Nigerians have traveled to various locations to exercise their right to vote, and international observers are gathered.

INEC themselves have given assurances, day after day and almost hour after hour that they are in complete readiness for the elections. We and all our citizens believed them.
This administration has ensured that we do not interfere in any way with the work of INEC except to ensure that all funds were released to the commission.

We now urge INEC to ensure not only that materials already distributed are safe and do not get into wrong hands, but that everything is done to avoid the lapses that resulted in this unfortunate postponement, and ensure a free and fair election on the rescheduled dates.
While I reaffirm my strong commitment to the independence, neutrality of the electoral umpire and the sanctity of the electoral process and ballot, I urge all political stakeholders and Nigerians to continue to rally round INEC at this trying national moment in our democratic journey.

I, therefore, appeal to all Nigerians to refrain from all civil disorder and remain peaceful, patriotic and united to ensure that no force or conspiracy derail our democratic development.

I have decided to move back to Abuja to ensure that the 14.00 hrs meeting called by INEC with all stakeholders is successful.

Muhammadu Buhari
Daura, February 16, 2019

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/313241-breaking-buhari-speaks-on-postponement-of-2019-general-elections.html?fbclid=IwAR1RIJAU5lfd62LSC8oUqsfsqq88dSv6yMgwqswd12y1kB0XEpmba3X9y84

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by seunmsg(m): 11:28am On Feb 16, 2019
Hopefully, INEC will get its inefficient act together and deliver a free, fair, and credible elections next week. The postponement is a very bitter pill to swallow for most of us. Nigeria is our country and we have no other country to run to. Even if I’m giving a free Canadian visa, I will still remain in Nigeria. Therefore, we must learn to always get things right.

Desperate politicians on all sides should also stop playing politics with this national embarrassment. The shame of this postponement is on all Nigerians. We must all rally round INEC at this critical time to ensure a successful election next week.

147 Likes 14 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by dangermouse(m): 11:31am On Feb 16, 2019
When you deploy square pegs in round holes you end up haivng queer results .

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by SeverusSnape(m): 11:31am On Feb 16, 2019
seunmsg:
Hopefully, INEC will get it’s inefficient act together and deliver a free , fair, and credible elections next week.
Yes, where the dullard in chief will be sent packing. Right?

They are only postponing the inevitable.

178 Likes 12 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Abjay97(m): 11:35am On Feb 16, 2019
He planned it..
He planned and put Amina Zakari as chairman logistics..
He planned that INEC chairman blame it on logistics..
But he never planned to deceive Nigerians, cause Nigerians know that the chairman blamed for the failure of logistics is related to Buhari...

God bless incoming President
H.E ATIKU ABUBAKAR GCFR

10 Frightening True Life Stories Of People Possessed By Demons- You Will Be Shocked
https://www./2019/02/10-frightening-true-life-stories-of.html

Five Values Most Nigerian Ladies Have Unknowingly Lost
https://www./2019/02/top-5-values-most-nigerian-ladies-have.html

10 Safest Countries Should World War III Break Out
https://www./2019/02/10-safest-countries-should-world-war.html

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Nak6: 11:35am On Feb 16, 2019
L

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by hisexcellency34: 11:35am On Feb 16, 2019
Sincerely, I think Buhari is not happy with the postponement. The man is not in charge. I suspect people like Tinubu, Amaechi and that ugly thing from Edo

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by chudez0147(m): 11:35am On Feb 16, 2019
The world is watching!!

17 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by MrPRevailer(m): 11:35am On Feb 16, 2019
INEC = APC PARTY
sad sad angry shocked
ATIKU: INEC GAVE APC-CANDIDATE THE CONTRACT TO MANUFACTURE 100,000 COMPROMISED CARD READERS TO BE USED FOR ELECTION. (PROOF)

http://dailypost.ng/2019/02/15/weve-foiled-apc-govt-plot-rig-buhari-atiku-releases-proof/amp/

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD.
*Election PVC Card readers are compromised.
*Sensitive materials have been distributed.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by datopaper(m): 11:35am On Feb 16, 2019
Incompetence on the path of INEC.

Remember how the man was fumbled about the date of election for 100 years sometime ago.

Only 4years , you can't perform.

Nigeria, we will survive.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Zenlife: 11:35am On Feb 16, 2019
Whatever the reason,
I suggest with permission of the Benin Republic, USA warplanes should station there facing the zoo. 1 week to go?
Plenty of time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Fuckdamod: 11:35am On Feb 16, 2019
God punish all of you Apc

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Emmafe(m): 11:36am On Feb 16, 2019
All na planned work

Check my siggy if you need iPhone xr

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by mmb(m): 11:36am On Feb 16, 2019
The INEC Chairman should honourable resign.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by riversatikulate: 11:36am On Feb 16, 2019
Stop appealing to Nigerians my friend. Can't you see how you have made many Nigerians travel because of your incompetence? Just get lost old MAN.

Always know Nigerians have Atikulated Obidiently.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by GentleMoney: 11:36am On Feb 16, 2019
Hmm..
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by salbis(m): 11:36am On Feb 16, 2019
This postponement may be a blessing in disguise to AA. All sane Nigerians must come together and make Nigeria work again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by samtee37(m): 11:36am On Feb 16, 2019
It's not a bad idea for you to still enjoy the office for a week Oga Buhari. Your days are numbered

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by 2wenty9ineteen: 11:36am On Feb 16, 2019
Nice speech from him tho, but am I the only one seeing the expression above as a confused face or it's my eye shocked

I pray for a great Nigeria, anyway possible

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by ogawisdom(m): 11:36am On Feb 16, 2019
angry The already distributed sensitive materials will be compromised.

Thugs will steal sensitive materials and soon we will hear more fire out breaks in the coming days. INEC boss is callous and irresponsible to postpone few hours to polls.

Oga remain in Daura no need of going back anywhere

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Boyooosa(m): 11:36am On Feb 16, 2019
Dehmn!
If it is not today, it can never be like today...seriously;

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by seunmsg(m): 11:36am On Feb 16, 2019
SeverusSnape:

Yes, where the dullard in chief will be sent packing. Right?

If majority of voters vote for regime change, so be it. Democracy is a a government of the people, for the people, and by the people. Once the people decides, we must respect their decision.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by jamace(m): 11:36am On Feb 16, 2019
I am sure Buhari is just being aware of the postponement. grin grin

Vote Buhari out to save Nigeria from the cabal.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by CharlieMaria(m): 11:37am On Feb 16, 2019
You will still go back to Daura

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by PROPHETmichael: 11:37am On Feb 16, 2019
About 14 bags of ballot papers seized in Kano truncated Ganduje's plan to give Buhari 4million votes. That is why the election was postponed in order for them to re-strategize and possibly, send order from above to IG of police to tell his boys to release the ballot papers.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Lordjb: 11:37am On Feb 16, 2019
Nonsense

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by blackgold2018(m): 11:37am On Feb 16, 2019
Nnawah o.. buhari v bn having press conference at will but refused to address the nation during Fulani herdsmen crisis

11 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by Racoon(m): 11:37am On Feb 16, 2019
“The ship of the APC is fast sinking and is obviously beyond redemption. Nigerians are daily convinced that that the APC was a mistake made in 2015 and are also resolved that they are a mistake to be corrected in 2019.”
https://www.thecable.ng/cupp-theres-plot-change-leadership-nassembly-violently
Like INEC like Buhari government-they all had four year to better Nigeria but all they manifest were stark incompetency, ineptitude and failure.

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections by adeniyi3971(m): 11:37am On Feb 16, 2019
Buhari if all these is geared towards rigging the election then you have failed!!

Please enjoy your one week extra on the seat!!

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rare Photo Of Atiku With His Macbook Laptop / 2019 Is Near, Focus On Defeating Atiku, While I Focus On Supporting Him, Obj / Jubilation In Ede After Senator Adeleke's Victory At The Tribunal (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.