Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! (4757 Views)

Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2010
I just read This Day newspaper which reported that the miners during their rescue were all wearing T-shirts printed with Psalm 95:4 – "In his hand are the depths of the earth and the mountain peaks belong to him.". That verse sure captured the greatness of our God for indeed God has the whole world in his hand. In his hands are all the troubles, wants, hardship, sicknesses, unhappiness that assail us and in his time he will make all things beautiful for us all. Somebody shout Alleluiah!
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by daylae(m): 9:50pm On Oct 14, 2010
Even an athiest will throw away his believe when he finds himself in such precarious situation as the miners.

As one of the rescued miners said,"sometimes it takes one major event in one's life to change you into a new man." maybe he used to be one of those.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 10:32pm On Oct 14, 2010
@Daylae
You are so right my brother, most of them gave credit to God even when some of them have not been ardent believers in God. There are certainly some things that happen to one in Life that gives one the assurance that there is God. I for one can't ever stop believing in God, infact I also believe that "he leadeth me". He has proved that again and again in my life which made that song one of my favourites.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by jesus3: 10:34pm On Oct 14, 2010
When the people concerned referenced God. What else can the mockers say?
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by jesus3: 10:37pm On Oct 14, 2010
daylae:

Even an athiest will throw away his believe when he finds himself in such precarious situation as the miners.

As one of the rescued miners said,"sometimes it takes one major event in one's life to change you into a new man." maybe he used to be one of those.
a slogan is from hopelessness to hopefulness
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 14, 2010
Ivynwa:

I just read This Day newspaper which reported that the miners during their rescue were all wearing T-shirts printed with Psalm 95:4 – "In his hand are the depths of the earth and the mountain peaks belong to him.". That verse sure captured the greatness of our God for indeed God has the whole world in his hand. In his hands are all the troubles, wants, hardship, sicknesses, unhappiness that assail us and in his time he will make all things beautiful for us all. Somebody shout Alleluiah!

Its interesting how the bible has a word for virtually every thing/situation that happens.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by jesus3: 10:43pm On Oct 14, 2010
Davidylan. Any how any how. God has a role to play in this rescue. Atleast the source of inspiration.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 14, 2010
jesus.:

Davidylan. Any how any how. God has a role to play in this rescue. Atleast the source of inspiration.

No i wasnt being sarcastic, i was serious about that statement. I agree with it.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 10:54pm On Oct 14, 2010
@Davidylan
You are right, it's amazing how some words of the Bible sweep one off one's feet and has one tripping. Some years back, I use to store some amazing words in my phone and one day a girlfriend on going through one of them simply went tripping for God.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 14, 2010
Ivynwa:

@Davidylan
You are right, it's amazing how some words of the Bible sweep one off one's feet and has one tripping. Some years back, I use to store some amazing words in my phone and one day a girlfriend on going through one of them simply went tripping for God.

God is not an entertainer . . . we dont "trip" for Him. You either serve Him with reverence or you dont.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 11:24pm On Oct 14, 2010
Now don't be mad at me, by "tripping" here I mean "amazed, in awe of God". I happen to be of the school of thought that are very comfortable getting hippie with God. Haven't you seen how I have been making some noise for the Lord. I can sing to him, dance to him, give him a high five, shout to him, bow before him, love him , wave holy hands to him and trip for him. In his presence is fullness of joy.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 15, 2010
Ivynwa:

Now don't be mad at me, by "tripping" here I mean "amazed, in awe of God". I happen to be of the school of thought that are very comfortable getting hippie with God. Haven't you seen how I have been making some noise for the Lord. I can sing to him, dance to him, give him a high five, shout to him, bow before him, love him , wave holy hands to him and trip for him. In his presence is fullness of joy.

hmmm latter day christians and their new lingo.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 12:46am On Oct 15, 2010
Do you mean the christians who chose to be free in the presence of God? All the same, I waste no energy in religious argument. We are all free to believe and worship as we like, are we not? So do let's leave it there. Thanks. I hope you are having a great day and all is coming along great for you.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Rhino3dm: 1:13am On Oct 15, 2010
Are you for real? Hmm. If the above is a compassion to you, i called it opportuinity hijack and effort theft. . . . What if the miners happens to be buddist, hindu mulims or judist that were freed will you still steal the credit to christain god ? ? C'mon think man think. . . IMO you are just looking for cheap popularity and i think its easier to do that in romance section.

Ivynwa:

@Alhumandis,Ogidiboy, Enigma, tpiah, jesus and even our Mudley, Alaper, Rhino
Lots of hugs to you guys and to all that have been to this thread and to all that gave these men their prayers and fasting. May the anointing with which this great miracle has been meted to these men fulfill all our good heart's desires. May great miracles follow us all and may all that have been seeming impossible in our Life be made possible.

It was wonderful we all had this bring joy to us all and to a world that have been full of rancour, hatred and religious extremism. We all pray that God touch the hearts of others that think evil for their fellow human being and kill, maim and bring sorrows to people. May God give us all back the good old days when there were no such rancour and fear as there is now in the world today and humans will begin to love again irrespective of religion, race, tribe, class. Like MJ Sang 'May God heal our world, Amen, Amen.
Hey! everybody make some noise! ghdgjhgjhfhjdhfjhdgjgfjgfjgjhdg
Shout to the Lord!
And say Alleluiah
Wooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by alaper: 6:45am On Oct 15, 2010
Ivynwa:

I suspect this poster must have inhaled some smoke from some burning bush!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by jesus3: 7:31am On Oct 15, 2010
alaper:

I suspect this poster must have inhaled some smoke from some burning bush!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
I'm really marvelled with your suspicion. For one to express his/her opinion by rejoicing and thanking a deity perceived to have being responsible for a thing without insulting or hurting others means same person must have inhaled smoke? This is just too lame. The way atheists reason at times are uncalled for
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by samuraix1: 11:42am On Oct 15, 2010
Make it a date with Dr Christopher Kolade @ Harvest Place

Date: November 7th 2010
Time: 10am
Venue: Harvest Place. 10 Emmanuel Street. (Very close to Elomaz Hotel, former Jesu Oyinbo Street) Maryland. Lagos
Theme: You, Your career and Nation Building
Enquiries: 08029563137, harvestadmiral@yahoo.com
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Rhino3dm: 11:52am On Oct 15, 2010
How much is the offering? ?

samurai-x:

Make it a date with Dr Christopher Kolade @ Harvest Place

Date: November 7th 2010
Time: 10am
Venue: Harvest Place. 10 Emmanuel Street. (Very close to Elomaz Hotel, former Jesu Oyinbo Street) Maryland. Lagos
Theme: You, Your career and Nation Building
Enquiries: 08029563137, harvestadmiral@yahoo.com

Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by thehomer: 9:05am On Oct 17, 2010
Is God biased? Why did he let these Ecuadorian miners die? Were they not enough to warrant his interest? Or was no one praying for them?

For reference: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11559631
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Rhino3dm: 11:25am On Oct 17, 2010
To all idiots that claim victory to thier god above should come and modify thier post or give us a better explanation.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by thehomer: 12:03pm On Oct 17, 2010
God must really hate the Chinese by killing these miners by an explosion leaving some still trapped under the ground.

For reference: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11557581
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Mudley313: 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2010
It's funny how when the 33 miners in Chile were saved people were THANKING GOD, but now that 21 Chinese miners died, it's not GODS fault. Geeee where was god when those miners died in china? why everything good happens god takes all the credit, but when stuff like the china incident happens, god is never mentioned or gets blame. DOUBLE STANDARD BY RELIGIOUS MORONS.

bottom line, they werent saved by god , they were saved by technology; the same technology that religion done its best to hold back over the centurys. just hope everyone could just hold their cult sentiments to themselves. glad they're out n ok
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by bukythom: 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2010
Last night I dreamt that 33 Nigerian miners were trapped underground and the government decided to send a capsule down to rescue them one after the other.

When the miners knew of the rescue plan, they began to argue amongst themselves on who goes first. Zoning was suggested but they could not agree on which zone will go first. Eventually in a struggle to determine who goes first, several of them got injured and MEND issued a threat message warning that they would set off a bomb if any South-south miner was critically injured.

Meanwhile, the FEC had awarded the capsule contract to JB and we are still awaiting delivery three months later. There is a probe going on to unravel this and retrieve the award sum before we get to the issue of what formula to adopt for the rescue and which miner comes out first.

In the mean time, traditional rulers from the miners' towns are paying solidarity visits to the president to thank him for his efforts to rescue the miners.

And the first lady had just invited the wives of the Nigerian miners to Abuja for dinner at the Hilton! The first ladies from the 36 states will also be in attendance. All including the wives of the miners will wear the Goodluck for President ankara.

CNN reported early this morning that after 10 months underground all the 33 Nigerian miners have died and the Nigerian government has declared seven days of mourning during which the Nigerian flag will be flown at half mast to honour the dead. Meanwhile, JB has sued the FGN for the balance of the contract sum.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Mudley313: 5:06pm On Oct 18, 2010
^^^^^LAME

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! / Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. / Is It A Sin For Couples To Kiss In The Church Premises?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.