Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,222 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! (4755 Views)

Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Mudley313: 7:20pm On Oct 13, 2010
JeSoul:

Mudley313, Rhino.3dm and others - 

the topic is about the Chilean miners and praying for them, your off-topic posts are derailing the thread. If you want to talk about anything else please open another thread or continue on one of yours. Ivynwa has peacefully carried on her thread from a while now, please leave her be and others contributing to her call.

Well, she posted the miners story in the "religion" section, which i don't think it should be in since the miners incident has not a thing to do with religion, and went on to attribute the whole rescue efforts and its success to her christian good tho, who was nowhere near the rescue scene for obvious reasons. If the "religion" section was the "christian" section maybe we would all follow her like blind sheeps and scream the jewish halleluyah and amen chants, in delusion that yahweh (who by the way has failed to prevent way more significant and bigger catastrophes like Nazi concentration camps, Rwanda massacre or Haiti earthquake) somehow had a hand in the rescue effort. But unfortunately, the religion section is comprised of both christians, muslims, atheist etc and there sure is bound to be disagreement if someone arrogantly attributes the success of the rescue work on their god.

Bottom line, since she decided to post this "news story" in the religion section, she should be prepared to "discuss" the relevance of religion or the christian god in this whole episode. This is supposed to be a discussion forum and i don't see how others asking questions on the relations between this incident and christianity can be termed derailment in a "discussion" forum

its exactly like that "pray for erasmus akingbola (or whatever)" thread. i didn't see you jump in that thread to castigate fellow nigerians/forumites airing their discerning opinions about nigerians seeking prayers for an obvious criminal--and that topic even had something to do with religion for he was a pastor(i guess)

and thanks for deleting my posts whenever its not in agreement with what you believe or exposes the rot that is the belief in imaginary entities (like the one threadstarter is expecting us to thank for doing what others did) or whenever your fellow lily-livered christian runs to you to help em defend their god that can never seem to do anything for himself talkless of people trapped way beneath the soil. anyways, no qualms. its all good; i know freedom of opinion/expression is generally frowned upon in naija

Almuhandis:

13th miner out! Alleluiah grin
the islamic religion cant fanthom a rescue made possible by God.Tell me as a muslim what have you guys done towards the miners -nothing instead you are quoting history and pasting the national crime rates of secular nations, why dont you paste that of Nigeria. Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc.Keep deluding yourself,the Jihadist will kill even muslims like you, because you dont have the liver to kill as instructed by  the quran
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-445327.768.html

i know ms christian mod is going to ignore this actual topic derailment when no muslim here attributed the successful rescue efforts to their own imaginary god allah or muslims? hmm
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by JeSoul(f): 7:32pm On Oct 13, 2010
Mudley313:

Well, she posted the miners story in the "religion" section, which i don't think it should be in since the miners incident has not a thing to do with religion, and went on to attribute the whole rescue efforts and its success to her christian god, who was nowhere near the rescue scene for obvious reasons. If the "religion" section was the "christian" section maybe we would all follow her like blind sheeps and scream the jewish halleluyah and amen chants, in delusion that yahweh (who by the way has failed to prevent way more significant and bigger catastrophes like Nazi concentration camps, Rwanda massacre or Haiti earthquake) somehow had a hand in the rescue effort. But unfortunately, the religion section is comprised of both christians, muslims, atheist etc and there sure is bound to be disagreement if someone arrogantly attributes the success of the rescue work on their god.

Bottom line, since she decided to post this "news story" in the religion section, she should be prepared to "discuss" the relevance of religion or the christian god in this whole episode. This is supposed to be a discussion forum and i don't see how others asking questions on the relations between this incident and christianity can be termed derailment in a "discussion" forum

its exactly like that "pray for erasmus akingbola (or whatever)" thread. i didn't see you jump in that thread to castigate fellow nigerians/forumites airing their discerning opinions about nigerians seeking prayers for an obvious criminal--and that topic even had something to do with religion for he was a pastor(i guess)

i know ms christian mod is going to ignore this actual topic derailment when no muslim here attributed the successful rescue efforts to their own imaginary god allah or muslims? hmm
  Long story. Look just stop derailing the thread. It is not by force to contribute to a thread - and its certainly not your call which threads/topics are considered "religion" worthy. A girl posted a simple thread asking people to pray. If you don't want to pray then for God's sake just move on and don't click on the thread. People - christians and others - are always complaining about you and your posts, yet you are certainly not the only atheist here.

If you have any other complaints, forward them to the "complaint thread" and leave Ivynwa's thread for her.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Mudley313: 7:46pm On Oct 13, 2010
JeSoul:

Long story. Look just stop derailing the thread. It is not by force to contribute to a thread - and its certainly not your call which threads/topics are considered "religion" worthy. A girl posted a simple thread asking people to pray. If you don't want to pray then for God's sake just move on and don't click on the thread.

and did you delete the posts of dissenters when someone made a "simple" thread asking people to pray for erasmus akingbola. did you also delete the posts of those who didn't find it worthy to pray over but didn't move on but stopped to click and post "their opinion" on the absurdity of the thread (same thing im doing here). anyway, no shaking

People - christians and others - are always complaining about you and your posts, yet you are certainly not the only atheist here.

and you and i know it's only because i do not fail to point out the absurdities in their beliefs that challenges it. these same absurd beliefs its whats killing nigeria with people living under $1 a day revering MOGs and even giving all their little money to these already very wealthy con-artists. these same absurd belief brought to use by the white man who pillaged our land and enslaved us is why people dont use their hands and heads anymore and rely on imaginary spiritual aid blaming their travails and incompetence on an imaginary devil. like i said, no shaking sha. nigeria go better one day. i know its a christian thing to shut down dissenters as you can see through history (and a naija thing, as you can see in our political spectrum)while they hypocritically castigate those of other faiths
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by loomy(m): 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2010
Not that fasting &praying is the solution but God in his mercy help them out.I alwyz kno if God wont do a tn.Nobody wil force him 2do it.Lets beg 4mercy ova dere lives.
And Pls dont ask God a question.He is d creator.Imagine u creatin a toy &d toy is telin u dt u supos 2dz.God's tot is dfrent from ours.If he is a man,i swear he wud av strucked u
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by JeSoul(f): 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2010
@Mudley,
No, I didn't reaspond to any "Erastus" thread because I don't see every thread and for the most part mods respond when a complaint is made. Ivynwa complained her thread was being derailed. Furthermore, you're not merely "dissenting" you are disrupting and derailing - 2 very different things. Mukina deleted some of your posts yesterday, I deleted more today - so this is all "christian bias"? If you believe you're being 'targeted' for speaking the 'truth' then all the best with that. That is all I have to say on the matter. Once again, forward any complaints you have to Manmustwac or Mukina.

Ivynwa/others, please continue with your thread.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2010
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Where my people at?
Nothing dey happen, nothing dey kpa, nothing dey happen, nothing dey kpa. When God is on the throne NOTHING dey happen.
20 of my boys and we are still counting. Hip! Hip Hip! Hurrrrrrrrrrraaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Now who jscrashing our "joy party" and pissing off the moderators. I can't believe somebody has the energy to hate today of all days when people across the world are rejoicing and being happy for these men. Let up people, joy is here, wake up!
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by jesus3: 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2010
Goosh. U beat me to it. The 21st miner yonni barrios is being a rescued right about now. Watching on Aljazeera. A chilean just said its a miracle from God
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by jesus3: 8:37pm On Oct 13, 2010
@moderator well done. for restoring sanity
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by jesus3: 8:43pm On Oct 13, 2010
This is hilarious chilean presido spoke with PM Cameron thanking him for his support. He said [b]thank u very much David. Next Monday we shall be in Downing street number 10. We shall drink tea together.[/b]lol
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 8:49pm On Oct 13, 2010
Lots of hugs to all the Nairalanders that have stopped by for the joy party. Bigguups to Jesoul and Mukina for sanitizing the party venue for us all and who is that fella standing by the door sulking?

Mudley sweetheart what is making you unhappy Baby? Now cheer up and come get some party goodies.(Ivynwa put her hands across Mudley's shoulder and quietly took him by an usher) "Hey Usher please kindly serve this my special guest anything, anything that he wants and do get him sitted by the high table okay"

@Manmustwack
You are so right my brother, Prayers, Action move things- the action of the Engineers. Big Gbosaa to all my fellow Engineers in the house. Gbosa, gbosaa,gbosaa! We bless the Lord who is making the world move through Engineers, innovators and every person that contributes to our world.

@Jennykadry
I can see you popped head into the joy party and left quickly again---still expecting your boisterous self here. If you were here some people won't have been kicking my a** left and right here----you would have finished them for us but thank God for Mukina and Jesoul sha. The Lord is good

@Lovethokoh
Thanks much for having my back there dear.

@Loomy
Thanks for reading us the words while I was away at work. You are sure worded.

@Jesus
Yes Baby, I just saw our 21st miner lifted out and enjoying the hugs of his mistressy. Oh my God, I am almost envying my boys-----they are getting all the hugs in the world------I wish I can get some like them-----lol

Now where did we stop with our praise and worship, not that I ever stopped singing, I sang all through at work and even danced like David danced (when I am alone in the office and nobody is looking). So let's get on with our praise and worship

Our God is good, our God is good, our God is good. Our God is good, our good is good is good to us. Oluwa dara, Oluwa dar, Oluwa dara Oluwa dara.
He delivered Paul and Silas h-e-e-e-e-, he delivered Paul and Silas----Our God that delivered Paul and Silas---he has surely delivered them. He delivered them---he has surely delivered them, he will deliver them (sing on people). Let's not stop praising and praying for the remaining ones, prayers across the world has surely been oiling the wheel of that capsule as it delivers the miners to safety, to freedom,to life. Alleluiah!
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by jesus3: 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2010
Lol Ivy. Im catching fun watching it live on Aljazeera. A chap is playing guitar at the rescue site
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2010
Jesus abeg you follow me see that drama that played when the 21st miner came out, the woman that gave him all that sweet hug is the mistressy. This occurence has brought his cheating to the awareness of everybody, I bet that may be why the wify gave them some distance as her absence was attributed to her waiting for him somewhere else. I hope some fighting doesn't take place today as me I no fit pick bone Ojare-------------lol
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 9:01pm On Oct 13, 2010
Yeah boy, Do enjoy yourself----it's joy party today. Bbc is one of the best narrators, they make the audience feel everything that is happening
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by tpiah: 9:09pm On Oct 13, 2010
Ivynwa:

Jesus abeg you follow me see that drama that played when the 21st miner came out, the woman that gave him all that sweet hug is the mistressy. This occurence has brought his cheating to the awareness of everybody, I bet that may be why the wify gave them some distance as her absence was attributed to her waiting for him somewhere else. I hope some fighting doesn't take place as me I no fit pick bone Ojare-------------lol

ooops shocked

drama.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by jesus3: 9:10pm On Oct 13, 2010
One of the local media said the lady that hugged him was his sister and not the wife or gf
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 9:20pm On Oct 13, 2010
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 9:23pm On Oct 13, 2010
Miner 22 and still counting,it's beautiful that everything is working smoother and faster than expected. With the rate of movement----they may all come out before the day breaks tomorrow and our joy will be complete when the last man arrives. Alleluiah somebody!
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 10:39pm On Oct 13, 2010
@Jesus
I am sure that woman is his lover, the way she went to embrace him was not sisterly at all. She was shy and the way the man melted and they both shyingly hugged tells a lot about some secret tryst. Na them sabi sha, my own na to jolly say they came out alive.

What number are we counting dear, 25! ain't? OMG!
Chukwu na idi mma a-a-a, na idid mma-a-a, na idi mma----chineke muo nalu ekene mgbe nile. Ozo ndu nalu ekene mgbe nile, onye nzoputa anyi nalu ekene ekene mgbe nile-----------Chineke muo ekene m gi eze mgbe nile, onye okike ekene m gi eze mgbe nile-----------------
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Mudley313: 10:55pm On Oct 13, 2010
Ivynwa:

Mudley sweetheart what is making you unhappy Baby? Now cheer up and come get some party goodies.(Ivynwa put her hands across Mudley's shoulder and quietly took him by an usher) "Hey Usher please kindly serve this my special guest anything, anything that he wants and do get him sitted by the high table okay"

Thanks. Like i reiterarted earlier on, i too i'm ecstatic bout the successful rescue efforts after months underground; but sorry to say, your god didn't do a damn thing in gettin em out

@ jesoul, i dont really feel im being targeted on here but hypocritical christians be acting all sensitive like kids (in an adult forum) always running to the mod when you try to point out the obvious to them, but at the same time you see them raining insults and curses on those who dont share same faith with them in other threads. Example - Christian Poster: "my bible tells me you're a fool and damned for not believing in my jewish god who came to earth as himself and died 2000 years ago saying 'i'll be back' like terminator" (No problem). Atheist Poster: "Logic tells me you're a fool and deluded for believing in jewish folklores, myths and fairytales written by ancient jewish nomads about their jewish deity yahweh (Christian then runs to mod crying, mod then bans atheist under pressure)
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 11:16pm On Oct 13, 2010
Now Counting down to finishing point!
26 and still counting----
Let's keep praying people

Ikwesiri ekwesi nwa aturu egburu ka i nara ekene, ka inara otito. Ikwesiri ekwesi nwa aturu egburu , ka i nara ekene ruo mgbe ebighi ebi----ruo mgbe ebighi--------------------------
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 1:16am On Oct 14, 2010
Counting 31 free and 2 more to go. Alleluiah! I can't wait to shout "we made it", "we made it"
Glory be to the Lord!
How about the 3 paramedics that went in-----Are they  out yet?

Idigha agbanwe agbanwe Chineke, ididghi agbanwe, agbanwe.
Idighi agbaanwe agbanwe Jehova idigha agbanwe agbanwe, onye kere uwa idi omimi i mara mma, idighi agbanwe agbanwe. Onye nzoputa idi omm i mara mma idighi agbanwe agbanwe-----------------ikariri ihe a si na i bu Chineke, ikariri ihe asi na abu-------------------Alleluiah-----still praying and praising God for all remaining to come out safely. God has been good---------idi ommi, i ,ara mma-----
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 1:33am On Oct 14, 2010
32 miner out and getting hug up! Wooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
We are getting to the end. Joy is here! Wake up!
Alleluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Alleluiah!
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 1:54am On Oct 14, 2010
All singing as the 33rd miner nears the surface.
Come and see the Lord goodness, his mercy and compassion,COME AND SEE THE LORD'S GOODNESS.
Alleluiah praise the Lord
Come and see the Lord's GOODNESS----MERCY AND COMPASSION-------comea nds see the Lord's goodness
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 2:01am On Oct 14, 2010
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
EVERYBODY MAKE SOME NOISE FOR THE LORD

FINALLY THE LORD HAS DONE IT----FINALLY THE LORD HAS DONE IT FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY
WE MADE IT
WE AND THE LORD MADE IT
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 2:09am On Oct 14, 2010
And as the paramedics are about to be brought out, our prayers are with them also that all may return safely.

Finally the Lord has done it, finally the Lord has done it---finally the Lord has done it, finally the lord has done it[i]-------------------------------(Ivynwa dances and dances to the Lord)[/i]

FINALLY THE LORD HAS DONE IT-----------FINALYYYYYY
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 2:25am On Oct 14, 2010
BLESSED BE THE LORD, GOD ALMIGHTY-----WHO WAS AND IS AND IS TO COME (2X)
WHO REIGNS FOR EVER MORE

LORD WE STAND IN THE MIDST OF THE MULTITUDE------ AND ALL NATION WILL SEE YOUR GLORY REVEALED-----
ALLELUIAH, ALLELUIAH TO THE LAMB
ALLELUIAH, ALLELUIAH ON THE BLOOD OF CHRIST WE STAND
EVERY TONGUE
EVERY TRIBE
EVERY PEOPLE
EVERY LAND
GIVE HIM GLORY
GIVE HIM HONOUR
GIVING PRAISE UNTO THE LORD
ALLELUIAH ALLELUIAH ALLELUIAH TO THE LAMB (Sing on people)
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Almuhandis: 4:14am On Oct 14, 2010
Ivynwa:

BLESSED BE THE LORD, GOD ALMIGHTY-----WHO WAS AND IS AND IS TO COME (2X)
WHO REIGNS FOR EVER MORE

LORD WE STAND IN THE MIDST OF THE MULTITUDE------ AND ALL NATION WILL SEE YOUR GLORY REVEALED-----
ALLELUIAH, ALLELUIAH TO THE LAMB
ALLELUIAH, ALLELUIAH ON THE BLOOD OF CHRIST WE STAND
EVERY TONGUE
EVERY TRIBE
EVERY PEOPLE
EVERY LAND
GIVE HIM GLORY
GIVE HIM HONOUR
GIVING PRAISE UNTO THE LORD
ALLELUIAH ALLELUIAH ALLELUIAH TO THE LAMB (Sing on people)

Ride on girl! grin you have represented your Lord well to the shame of his enemy.Indeed i dance with you for even the last rescue worker is brought out.see the love of Jesus! Alleluiah!
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by OgidiBoy(m): 4:28am On Oct 14, 2010
The last rescue guy is on his way up and didn't even bother turning off the lights and camera angry angry

What an amazing couple of days, thank God the all made it up OK
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by jesus3: 6:19am On Oct 14, 2010
All glory honour adoration must be to God almighty creator of heaven and earth as well as all that are therein. The rescue is the lords doing which is marvelous in our sight. All the people that aren't satisfied that this rescue was attributed to God should go hang Hm/hr self.
Thk u to the thread author. God will specially bless u with all your desires
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Enigma(m): 8:06am On Oct 14, 2010
smiley  Rejoicing with the miners, their families, rescuers, the people of Chile, the entire humanity ---- and with you Ivynwa.

Do you notice how many of the miners acknowledged that they were placing their hopes in God --- one clutching a small Bible tightly when he reached the top? Also, read the speech of the second rescued manner miner and his moving trust in God.

cool
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by tpiah: 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2010
^^there are no atheists in foxholes.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2010
@Alhumandis,Ogidiboy, Enigma, tpiah, jesus and even our Mudley, Alaper, Rhino
Lots of hugs to you guys and to all that have been to this thread and to all that gave these men their prayers and fasting. May the anointing with which this great miracle has been meted to these men fulfill all our good heart's desires. May great miracles follow us all and may all that have been seeming impossible in our Life be made possible.

It was wonderful we all had this bring joy to us all and to a world that have been full of rancour, hatred and religious extremism. We all pray that God touch the hearts of others that think evil for their fellow human being and kill, maim and bring sorrows to people. May God give us all back the good old days when there were no such rancour and fear as there is now in the world today and humans will begin to love again irrespective of religion, race, tribe, class. Like MJ Sang 'May God heal our world, Amen, Amen.
Hey! everybody make some noise! ghdgjhgjhfhjdhfjhdgjgfjgfjgjhdg
Shout to the Lord!
And say Alleluiah
Wooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tim Godfrey – So Good | Audio Download / How Do You Feel When You Haven't Yet Prayed? / Sin And Sickness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.