Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,487 members, 7,857,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 03:37 AM

Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? (56282 Views)

She Said Off The Light Before We Do The Do. / How Ladies Give My Fiancé 'Green Light' In My Presence, Not Minding My Ring / My Neighbour Is Showing Me Green Light Despite The Fact That She's Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by Depressedkidd: 10:35am On Mar 03, 2019
henriettttta:
Maybe she didn't really like you
That's why I don't like behaving too friendly with boys
They always mistake a girls friendliness for green light
But then you people still use the same friendliness as green light. How do you want us to know which one is casual friendliness and which one is green light friendliness. Later you'll say the guy is not responding to your advances.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by od501: 10:44am On Mar 03, 2019
As we speak, another one is giving me green light. She won't let me rest on WhatsApp, sotey I disable my 'last seen'. Once you open your mouth to ask them out, shakara don start be dat. grin grin [/quote]

Her shakara go start no be small. But let me drop one formular shaa. When that shakara start, stay close to the friend or someone she knows, if possible make the person your best padi. That shakara go come dwn like naija economy!

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by showafrica(m): 11:03am On Mar 03, 2019
Gaspardd:
This event happend 2011 in my undergrad days.
Was in thesame faculty with this girl, she was very cute and somehow our eyes used to meet whenever we were in class. This happened repeatedly that i was convinced that yea she was the one for me(virgins lol grin grin).

Whenever i come back from lectures i used to jist my frieds about this girl that used to stare at me, they would cheer me up, and i would respond with pride.
I decided to step things up by trying to catch the time she would come in for lectures and sit beside her. It was tough but one time i was lucky, even lent her my pen and left it with her afterwards. All this while in my mind, i don see gf, but i never spoke a word to her but damn i thought we had this nonverbal friendship thing going on and i would always daydream about how i will write her love poems, surprise her with gifts(got this from laws of seduction).

At the last lecture of the semester i decided to be brave for once in my lifetime by introducin myself to her and stuff but on tapping her on the shoulder after class, her response was harsh, like i wanted to steal from her or sth. She walked off hurriedly and i ran towards her tryin to remind her we re classmates and that i even lent her my pen once. She said that was actually the first time she would be seeing me in her whole entire life. I was speechless. At the end she hailed down a bike and climbed.
That day i actually lost hope in myself and humanity and i wanted to leave this planet.

Lol, women know exactly what you are thinking even before you plan it. Lol, your toasting came very late.
Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by justiniyke29: 11:03am On Mar 03, 2019
Adasun:
nothing special.

maybe u have an ugly face,dats why u hid it.
lol Bros see finishing, abi the babe annoy u b4?
Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by Lastanza: 11:18am On Mar 03, 2019
olaBC007:

Those daughters of eve's don do you strong thing...big time

Hahaa, not really but we 've all got one experience or the other. I rather go for what I want now instead of some one confusing my emotions in the name of green light.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by blingxx(m): 11:25am On Mar 03, 2019
henriettttta:

What you just said is true... I don't even notice the green light anymore I lost hope a long time ago, I just go first

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by nuggarito: 11:28am On Mar 03, 2019
TheManOfTheYear:
Lol. Bro this one na different case na. Had it been you gave her time, she for gree.
She was just doing initial shakara

Initial shakara kee her there. If person give you green light and you play your part and the person no corespond well baba she no serious.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by blingxx(m): 11:30am On Mar 03, 2019
remiproxy:
same here bro, I find it easy to fall in love too. pesin don encounter plenty heartbreak no be small

Oboy... I thought I was the only one cheesy... So soft guys plenty like this grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 03, 2019
I love this part,no long thing
adanny01:
My story.

Just secondary after school waiting for admission, there was this sweet girl living with a family in the same quarters. We were good friends until i developed feelings for her. I had very little courage but mustered it to approach her. After jisting one night, she was walking me down the street, i began my pre-planned moves trying to be more than friends. The girl cut me short with a wave of hand to my face saying, "hold it there, are you toasting me. You are disrespecting me. We are age mates and i cant go out with you. I date only people who are older and matured not boys like you." She said a couple of things that stoned me. I said sorry, tried to do damage control and later bade her goodnight.

I never spoke to her about it again even though we remained very close friends. Infact our friendship grew stronger after i made that attempt. I was shocked one day she gave me water in her house with all the respectful gestures she would her own father. I was shocked or confused to see her change of behaviour. I swore i wasnt gonna attempt again so i wont be humiliated.

To cut the long story short, i later asked another girl out and she agreed same day (my wife today). The other girl wasnt happy with me and our friendship suffered. About 10 years later, we met, she told me how she just played hard to get and i abandoned her. That she was so in love with me but i misread the signs. I just told her it was destiny.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by yawehoverall: 11:40am On Mar 03, 2019
franchasng:
man no de ugly, you 21st century kids must learn this. As you grow up as a lady, u will get to understand this same thing that no man is ugly. The only ugly man is the man struggling financially.

Any man with money is handsome, no jokes, it has been like that since ages.

Its social media and modern entertainment industry that's making it look like it is necessary for a man to be physically attractive like a woman.

The only ugly men are broke or poor men, sadly, you will grow old to realise this, so make your choice wisely when the time comes.

This isn't about the subject matter of being ugly or not, why will people just body shame, insult without any provocation at all?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by blingxx(m): 11:44am On Mar 03, 2019
queencalipso:
Men do mistake my smile for green light, so annoying..

I have a friend who mistook a Facebook comment for the green light grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by Adewalefae(m): 11:46am On Mar 03, 2019
henriettttta:
I like you
Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by yawehoverall: 11:52am On Mar 03, 2019
ebohstepn:
Me I know I have a problem when it comes to female. I easily have girls that crushes on me, easily get them to my bed and to be my girlfriend. But I have never been in a relationship for up to 6months. In fact the longest I have ever been is 3months. Am the one that always kill the relationship, I always just lose interest, some of the ladies in particular always try their best to make the relationship work but am always never serious. Most of my friends have told me jokely that girls wa son swear for me go Dan many. Now there is this girl I wanted to date, she was into me but I became tired of breaking her hearts so I decided that I will friend zone her, that's want I did and now she is my best friend. People thinks we are dating , but little do de know. Some of my friends believe she changed me but I knw that the day that I will have sex with her she will become so little and like nothing in my eyes, now she even keeps track of the girls I have left since me and her became friends 3 years ago. Now my question is that I know I like her and she loves me but I d'nt want to break her heart by dating her, so what should I do for this feeling I usually have after I have slept with a girl? I want it to stop. I d'nt want to be a cheat and a heart breaker but I can't just help me. I tired. Since December last year I came back from school I have not asked any girl out because of the fear of what will happen later, and does girls d'nt even spend time they just always say yes some self I d'nt really ask them out, just getting a little close to them and bomb they are down. In my lodge in school I finished, I slept with all the girls in the lodge expect one. And I even slept with most of their Friends. I believe what attract them to me is my handsomeness and I look rich, am not yet rich. So my people what is the way out for me. am not getting any younger, if I can't keep a relationship for at list 6months then how can I get married? I do really have a problem, at first it was fun but now it no longer fun am afraid for girls for me. So have kept my self off for now and I do have many girls giving me green light even my mom knows about this and she even now banned me from staying in church after closing of service. I go straight home with her. Abeg end of long story, watin I go do abeg, am dieing slowly.

Try and cultivate friendship, like what you are in to now with that lady you friend zoned, immediately you cross that line, your problem will start. And also see a counselor. Good luck.
Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 03, 2019
blingxx:

Oboy... I thought I was the only one cheesy... So soft guys plenty like this grin
lol,we gather dey o bro
Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by holusormi(m): 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2019
Gaspardd:
This event happend 2011 in my undergrad days.
Was in thesame faculty with this girl, she was very cute and somehow our eyes used to meet whenever we were in class. This happened repeatedly that i was convinced that yea she was the one for me(virgins lol grin grin).

Whenever i come back from lectures i used to jist my frieds about this girl that used to stare at me, they would cheer me up, and i would respond with pride.
I decided to step things up by trying to catch the time she would come in for lectures and sit beside her. It was tough but one time i was lucky, even lent her my pen and left it with her afterwards. All this while in my mind, i don see gf, but i never spoke a word to her but damn i thought we had this nonverbal friendship thing going on and i would always daydream about how i will write her love poems, surprise her with gifts(got this from laws of seduction).

At the last lecture of the semester i decided to be brave for once in my lifetime by introducin myself to her and stuff but on tapping her on the shoulder after class, her response was harsh, like i wanted to steal from her or sth. She walked off hurriedly and i ran towards her tryin to remind her we re classmates and that i even lent her my pen once. She said that was actually the first time she would be seeing me in her whole entire life. I was speechless. At the end she hailed down a bike and climbed.
That day i actually lost hope in myself and humanity and i wanted to leave this planet.

Lmao , are you sure you are not me ?? This actually happened to me also back then , always used to look at the girl at 1500LT during my predegree days in Lautech , I didn’t know her name then so I used to call her ‘omo 1500’ , and my stupid friends then made fun of me for years lollll

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by sharpwriter(m): 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2019
Gaspardd:

I never spoke with her again, saw her couple of times but i ignored her although its mutual. But all this happened 8yrs ago and so many transformation has taken place

Eeyah... Life sha.
Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by Hardebaryor(m): 12:21pm On Mar 03, 2019
Gaspardd:

Thing is i fell in love so easily, even sn holding my hand is even enuf for me to fell in live with that person(strictly females). Even now thats still me and i dont ever see that changing. So you can imagine how many heart breaks ive had in my life. embarassed embarassed embarassed. But i do not blame myself, i blame girls that wont stop going beyond boundaries. angry angry
That's lust not love

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by Zzyy(m): 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2019
I've had so many many mehnnn
Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 03, 2019
od501:

As we speak, another one is giving me green light. She won't let me rest on WhatsApp, sotey I disable my 'last seen'. Once you open your mouth to ask them out, shakara don start be dat. grin grin

Her shakara go start no be small. But let me drop one formular shaa. When that shakara start, stay close to the friend or someone she knows, if possible make the person your best padi. That shakara go come dwn like naija economy!

Thanks bro. I'll do just that. Can I use her elder sister? Cos I roll with that one as well
Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by elonize(m): 12:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
ebohstepn:

Thanks man, will do as u say. But women self join course am, them too like d**k
HAHAHAHAHHAA, u dey enjoy am wella,by d time u decide to marry,n.a. Den u go get headache, beta stop
remember dis,not all girls get better spirit o,some girls if u mk dem vex or cry,tinx nogo dey apen for u o,i have seen dis apen to a guy bfor
Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by queencalipso(f): 12:48pm On Mar 03, 2019
STRENGTHesq:
cos you've got farm tool potential tongue

I don't understand
Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by tunize(m): 12:49pm On Mar 03, 2019
Gaspardd:

Thing is i fell in love so easily, even sn holding my hand is even enuf for me to fell in live with that person(strictly females). Even now thats still me and i dont ever see that changing. So you can imagine how many heart breaks ive had in my life. embarassed embarassed embarassed. But i do not blame myself, i blame girls that wont stop going beyond boundaries. angry angry
girls go too use u play tennis be that...
jst to hold female hand u don fall in love weldone sir...!!!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by elonize(m): 12:51pm On Mar 03, 2019
adanny01:
My story.

Just secondary after school waiting for admission, there was this sweet girl living with a family in the same quarters. We were good friends until i developed feelings for her. I had very little courage but mustered it to approach her. After jisting one night, she was walking me down the street, i began my pre-planned moves trying to be more than friends. The girl cut me short with a wave of hand to my face saying, "hold it there, are you toasting me. You are disrespecting me. We are age mates and i cant go out with you. I date only people who are older and matured not boys like you." She said a couple of things that stoned me. I said sorry, tried to do damage control and later bade her goodnight.

I never spoke to her about it again even though we remained very close friends. Infact our friendship grew stronger after i made that attempt. I was shocked one day she gave me water in her house with all the respectful gestures she would her own father. I was shocked or confused to see her change of behaviour. I swore i wasnt gonna attempt again so i wont be humiliated.

To cut the long story short, i later asked another girl out and she agreed same day (my wife today). The other girl wasnt happy with me and our friendship suffered. About 10 years later, we met, she told me how she just played hard to get and i abandoned her. That she was so in love with me but i misread the signs. I just told her it was destiny.
the girl has no life,she be meatpie, n.a. now day break abi,she go dey with those mature guys b dat
Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by elonize(m): 12:52pm On Mar 03, 2019
a girl can do shakara, no problem. ..But if she do am too much
I go just ignore her like say she no dey exist,girls too full everywhere. ...I hate rubbish
Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by paddyofboss(m): 12:53pm On Mar 03, 2019
queencalipso:
Men do mistake my smile for green light, so annoying..
With ur face like NOK art work.. Better stop lying

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by od501: 12:59pm On Mar 03, 2019
[quote author=ceeroh post=76307776]

Thanks bro. I'll do just that. Can I use her elder sister? Cos I roll with that one as well.

Chisos! No cause fight oo.. Lol

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by Simplecity(m): 1:09pm On Mar 03, 2019
HungerMustGo:

Bros just imagine nonsense. He's watching too much zee world.
i tire oo grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 03, 2019
[quote author=od501 post=76308277][/quote]
Then she should stop the whole shakara and let me enter grin
Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by Maccarthy(m): 1:27pm On Mar 03, 2019
henriettttta:
Nd you guys are spell bound to fall for guys that take you all for granted all the time.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by NarnieSnyper(m): 1:36pm On Mar 03, 2019
My own case, I didn't mistake any thing, rather I toyed with her 'feelings' towards me, I always catch her staring at me, but maintained my cool like I don't notice it. She tried talking to me severally during lectures but I'll just give her monosyllabic replies. I am a very proud person when it comes to the opposite sex....especially those pretty ones that have guys flocking around them, worshipping the floor they walk upon. I am good looking, so every now and then I get a lot of 'fans', as I fondly call them, that's why pretty girls don't really freak me.

When I finally decided to 'talk' to her after about a year, actually I wanted to see if I could score some points.....na so babe begin dey shun me any how oo. I wasn't even angry, I just laughed it off 'cos I knew the feelings she had for me finally died when she realised I wasn't going to to make a move on her, so she turned it to hate. Typical.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by lovelybugs(f): 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
ebohstepn:
Me I know I have a problem when it comes to female. I easily have girls that crushes on me, easily get them to my bed and to be my girlfriend. But I have never been in a relationship for up to 6months. In fact the longest I have ever been is 3months. Am the one that always kill the relationship, I always just lose interest, some of the ladies in particular always try their best to make the relationship work but am always never serious. Most of my friends have told me jokely that girls wa son swear for me go Dan many. Now there is this girl I wanted to date, she was into me but I became tired of breaking her hearts so I decided that I will friend zone her, that's want I did and now she is my best friend. People thinks we are dating , but little do de know. Some of my friends believe she changed me but I knw that the day that I will have sex with her she will become so little and like nothing in my eyes, now she even keeps track of the girls I have left since me and her became friends 3 years ago. Now my question is that I know I like her and she loves me but I d'nt want to break her heart by dating her, so what should I do for this feeling I usually have after I have slept with a girl? I want it to stop. I d'nt want to be a cheat and a heart breaker but I can't just help me. I tired. Since December last year I came back from school I have not asked any girl out because of the fear of what will happen later, and does girls d'nt even spend time they just always say yes some self I d'nt really ask them out, just getting a little close to them and bomb they are down. In my lodge in school I finished, I slept with all the girls in the lodge expect one. And I even slept with most of their Friends. I believe what attract them to me is my handsomeness and I look rich, am not yet rich. So my people what is the way out for me. am not getting any younger, if I can't keep a relationship for at list 6months then how can I get married? I do really have a problem, at first it was fun but now it no longer fun am afraid for girls for me. So have kept my self off for now and I do have many girls giving me green light even my mom knows about this and she even now banned me from staying in church after closing of service. I go straight home with her. Abeg end of long story, watin I go do abeg, am dieing slowly.
Your problem isn't really a problem.
What you have to do is identity your mistakes when it comes to choosing your spec of women.
I want you to look at all your female friends and analyze their characters. Both what you like and what you dislike.
This will enable you know what kind of woman you're looking for.
Write down your hobbies, write down what you find interesting. Are you the type that loves playful banters? Or you try to avoid anything arguments. Basically, what I'm saying is, try looking a woman with intellect. Not those slay queens, a woman not a girl. Someone who knows what she wants, someone who you probably have nothing to offer her but love. Someone who can think for her self. I hope you get my drift by now. Someone who's generally interesting. Try looking for someone who complements your personality.
The only problem is most if such women are already taken and the ones who aren't aren't looking to be in a relationship.
Also, keep in mind that some people are better of being friends than lovers.
Also, try to change that mindset that once you have sex with the person the person has nothing more to offer.
Work towards your next relationship and keep the goal to be happy in mind.
I wish you luck. Cheers.
Note: I'm well aware that this write up isn't complete and might be confusing but In just too lazy to re edit and finish it.
I'll try to do that later.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? by falcon01: 1:51pm On Mar 03, 2019
queencalipso:

I don't understand
he means you a hoe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Angela Nwosu: "I Sniff My Husband's Boxers And Armpit When I Am Down" / Major Martins Dies After Taking Sex Enhancement Drug. Lover Detained For 16 Days / 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.