Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You (31069 Views)

I Won't Stop Criticising Buhari - Obasanjo / Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR / Cherubim And Seraphim Members Welcome Obasanjo To US With Music Band (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by Lymasaba(m): 10:05pm On Mar 06, 2019
Former Nigerian President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo said he would not stop criticising President Muhammadu Buhari until he does “what is right.”
Obasanjo who pointed out that criticism remains an integral part of democracy, said he had nothing personal against Buhari and his government.

He was reacting to the Alake and Paramount Ruler of Egbaland, Oba Aremu Gbadebo, who implored Obasanjo to play down attacks on the President upon clocking 82.

The duo spoke at the 82nd birthday anniversary celebration of Obasanjo held at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL) in Abeokuta.

The first class Monarch who served as a military officer during the military administration of Muhammadu Buhari between 1983 and 1985, referred to Buhari as his boss.

While describing Obasanjo as a warrior, Alake said: “At 82 years of age, I think you should keep your sword more rather than use it always.”

But Obasanjo, in a swift reaction, told the Monarch that he remains Buhari’s boss, saying having served as President, he could criticise his government when the need arises.

Obasanjo said “If I say anybody in government in Nigeria or any government for that matter is not doing well, let that government prove that it is well. It’s not anything personal.

“So, Kabiyesi (referring to Alake of Egbaland) your boss, Buhari; there is nothing personal between me and him. Just as he is your boss, I am his boss, with all due respect.

“Now, the point is that I have been in that position longer than any Nigerian will ever be there. That’s true. If any Nigerian comes in and have two terms, he will not have almost four years of military rule. So, I have been there longer than any Nigerian would ever be there.

“So, when I say something, I know what I am talking about. Kabiyesi (Alake) anytime you say, “leave my boss alone,” I say “he is your boss”. But I am also his (Buhari) boss. So, you might also ask your boss (Buhari) to leave his boss alone or do what it right that his boss wants him to do.”

The guest lecturer at the birthday celebration, who is a South African Freedom fighter, Prince Mangosuthu Buthelezi, delivered a lecture titled “Colonialism, Apartheid, Freedom and South-Africa Rising”.
Buthelezi, in his lecture, identified corruption as the biggest challenge facing the African continent

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/im-buharis-boss-i-wont-stop-criticising-him-obasanjo.html

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by Inspectorsuga22(m): 11:22am On Mar 07, 2019
Lol... APC zombies are gonna growl off thier rotten intestines on this thread...
I just love this man obj...

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by Lymasaba(m): 4:47pm On Mar 07, 2019
I believe he love Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by Poorboy: 5:18pm On Mar 07, 2019
Good one boss, the only great Yoruba man alive..... The younger Yoruba generation feels they are slave's to northerners.

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by MonsterDK: 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2019
Old news!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by Isaactop9(m): 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2019
okY boss

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by hoodedjaystrim(m): 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2019
Madman wants to enter Buhari's good books grin grin

Mr OBJ please retire from politics and stop drawing us backwards

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by ictjobber: 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2019
Spoken like a true BOSS

I build websites and I'm based in Abuja, See my signature/ [url=asowebdesigns.com]profile[/url]

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by yrex01(m): 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2019
Lymasaba:
I believe he love Nigeria
Nigeria could v been better if he love Nigeria. He's just too selfish. Agbaya oshi

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by Daniel058(m): 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2019
grin
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by Husbandofigbos: 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2019
That's sure.

He has a right to talk and we in Ogun state have a right to ensure that Obasanjo's candidates are always beaten during election year.

The last time Obasanjo's candidate won in Ogun was 12 years ago. In 2011, his daughter Iyabo was defeated in the polling unit in front of her father's house in Ita Eko.

Since then, we've been beating baba and his candidates every election year. 2019 was just the ultimate disgrace. He ran to Hilltop in 2019 and that was where Buhari beat nonsense out of him and put sand in his mouth.

Na ordinary carcass dem package for una, we wey dey Ogun know as e dey go. Baba dey chop am steady for our hand.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by Husbandofigbos: 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2019
Please, how much is a keg of kerosene now in Igboland?

I'm asking for a friend. grin

14 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by livingme: 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hahaha hahaha this us get in more interesting. grin grin grin grin grin angry cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by JoeOdion(m): 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2019
A lot of bosses here
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2019
Boss pass bossgrin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by kolnel: 5:22pm On Mar 07, 2019
lol

What a selfish man fighting for his stomach

I sincerely hope buhari can probe this man and lock him up if he’s found wanting

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by Rilwayne001: 5:22pm On Mar 07, 2019
Inspectorsuga22:
Lol... APC zombies are gonna growl off thier rotten intestines on this thread...

The only person growling on this thread is OBJ, and you that are licking his stinking asse. shocked undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by deepwater(f): 5:22pm On Mar 07, 2019
“Now, the point is that I have been in that position longer than any Nigerian will ever be there. That’s true. If any Nigerian comes in and have two terms, he will not have almost four years of military rule. So, I have been there longer than any Nigerian would ever be there.
So na the thing wey dey shake obasanjo be this?

Boxer007:
Any strong cute looking gay brother in the house?
I rebuke and bind you
I cover all my Nairaland brothers and sons with the blood.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 5:23pm On Mar 07, 2019
How-many-time-will-u-repeat-this-news?

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by laurel03(m): 5:23pm On Mar 07, 2019
Make this Baba go sit down... Next level

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by hybridblood07(m): 5:23pm On Mar 07, 2019
What did he do concering power sector when he was the president for 8 years?
Inspectorsuga22:

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by CheapDataGuy: 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2019
grin
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by BackToLife: 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2019
hybridblood07:
What did he do concering power sector when he was the president for 8 years?
NEPA has accounted for how they used the money and electricity improved than now that Buhari has already spent X4 of that.
The truth is that the fearless Obasajo is a great Blessing to Nigeria. Democracy needs check and balancing, Buhari should appreciate and improve.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by MyGeneration(m): 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2019
He is right though. Buhari needs people to advice him sometimes

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: I'm Your Boss, I Won’t Stop Criticising You by labanji(m): 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2019
Like if this make you lol �

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola / Akeredolu Gives Tinubu A Hug At His Inauguration (Photo) / 2023: Charly Boy Visits Obasanjo (Video, Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.