Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: (23324 Views)

Nigerians, Did Somebody Curse Bode George With Stealing? / I Dumped Nyako For Atiku Because He Gave Me N500 Million- Adamawa Governor / Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by rasputinn(m): 8:50am On Sep 02, 2010
^^^^
How so?Is he the only person that lives a street away from Soboma,or the only one that knows Pere is fat or the only one that knows what he wrote about Odili and Amaechi?
I  heard Amaechi went to the Redemption camp last month supposedly to get blessing for the 2011 elections undecided undecided undecidedhmmm,I'll never understand these men,with one hand,they'd erect massive billboards in PH with the inscription"once has He spoken,twice have I heard,power belongs to God",go to camp for prayers,while with the other hand,they perpetrate all manner of murders.
hmmmmmm
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by chiozor: 8:51am On Sep 02, 2010
my input:
if it is govt that kill Soboma, I am thankful to them, at least one evil is reduced, please govt go for the others and gun them down!
secondly, they are product of failed state policies, it will be very good they go after these politicians and hack them down!
thirdly, train up a child in ways of the lord, we will have more soboma going to the ways women go after money leaving the family and cildren unattended to! let the man take care of the family and the women take care of the home with her husband support.
fourth, outside Ayes grin, all others of these groups have no single ideology!
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by rasputinn(m): 8:52am On Sep 02, 2010
@ tkb
You dey accuse beaf and eros say them dey sail,but from the way you dey sound,I sure say you dey follow water
Ahhhh,tk,you fall my hand,when I bin tink say you be alter boy
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by mbulela: 9:01am On Sep 02, 2010
texazzpete:

bro, there's enough info in your post for a determined person to attempt to track you. On sensitive issues like this, exercise caution o!
forget the tracking sef.
People get carried away by the internet.no need to speak your mind here.
The web is not a safe place, at all.
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by mbulela: 9:08am On Sep 02, 2010
chiozor:

my input:

rasputinn:

@ tkb
You dey accuse beaf and eros say them dey sail,but from the way you dey sound,I sure say you dey follow water

make una carry all these talk comot here.
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by tkb417(m): 9:10am On Sep 02, 2010
chiozor:

LOL. na movement na, no be cultism

rasputinn:

@ tkb
follow water? lol
u dey see double grin grin grin

mbulela:

make una carry all these talk comot here.
lmao

Mbulela the veteran

make we relate small na grin grin grin
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by chelseabmw(m): 9:32am On Sep 02, 2010
angry angry angry
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Mobinga: 10:00am On Sep 02, 2010
Even a retard will know who killed him.
Track him ke? How? So the government would leave election preparations and track down a Nairaland poster speaking the obvious fact.
#The obvious facts are the ones less found

1 Like

Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by xreal: 11:33am On Sep 02, 2010
@ chiozor
you are correct, in addition to what tkb said - it's a group that fights for freedom, equality & justice of d black race.

@tkb
rasputinn was right; why u deny to b a sailor now?
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by sirt1(m): 11:36am On Sep 02, 2010
Our problem is the govt. Truly, Nigeria is a failed state. From the post so far, it is evidence that soboma, pere and co are street urchins who metamorphosed into gangsta cos of the selfish interest of one single soul-------perter odili.

If govt had done their part early enough, wont soboma and co further their education and grew up to become an asset to their Nation and generation? You can see the result of useless and clueless politicians who forced themselves on us everyday.

When I read thru the post and saw the link btw Odili and Amaechi, I was surprised. I was at the last convention at the camp wen Ameachi was given chance to talk to the entire assembly. How can anyone imagine this man has his root to the power  in devilish act? I wept for this country.

Mobinga:

Even a retard will know who killed him.
Track him ke? How? So the government would leave election preparations
and track down a Nairaland poster speaking the obvious fact.
#The obvious facts are the ones less found

Whether directly or indirectly, govt was involved.

rasputinn:

@ tkb

Me sef they wonder ooooooooo.

@tkb, which one u dey. One thing I dey sure of be say, even if u[b] belong[/b] for school, na passive member u go be-----lol
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by tkb417(m): 11:43am On Sep 02, 2010
xreal:

@ chiozor
you are correct, in addition to what tkb said - it's a group that fights for freedom, equality & justice of d black race.

@tkb
rasputinn was right; why u deny to b a sailor now?
sir t:

Me sef they wonder ooooooooo.

@tkb, which one u dey. One thing I dey sure of be say, even if u[b] belong[/b] for school, na passive member u go be-----lol

First thing first; any correct system man would be interested in the story in PH cos of the way the street urchins have taken over organsied settings

and one thing is a fact; i no dey sail but one of ma siblings dey float

and why would anyone with an insignia of 417 sail?

lolol, Kiriji + oduduwa 4 life

hahaha

@Sir t
u no sabi me na grin
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by alamsdee: 11:47am On Sep 02, 2010
tkb417:

@Mike Oscar
spot on
u wan send eiye to PH?
den go just commit large scale murder cos all the eiye go die finish

omo dey careful how u dey misyarn for public before the supreme eiye confraternity treat ur big FU
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by tkb417(m): 11:56am On Sep 02, 2010
alamsdee:

omo dey careful how u dey misyarn for public before the supreme eiye confraternity treat your big FU
flying bats are at it again grin grin

mehn dey talk, bats say e get idea

e wan die ni grin grin grin
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Tonyet1(m): 11:59am On Sep 02, 2010
texazzpete:

bro, there's enough info in your post for a determined person to attempt to track you. On sensitive issues like this, exercise caution o!

Bro, what you wrote up here is the reason this nation is still groping in darkeness and oppression from evil folks because WE FEAR TOO MUCH.  angry  cheesy

I was born and bred in Port Harcourt. . .precisely the same street, he was a school drop out in the same school i attended. . .It will surprise you that we played soccer at Nigeria Navy Hydrographic school 2 days b4 this incident. . .I for one barely fear nothing. . .and i can remember a saturday in 2009 I and a friend went to evangelise in his compound and tell him to stop from his evil way (3wks before the amnesty). . .why would i fear anyone?. . .the reason i wrote those stuffs was to tell folks that that news was all made up. . .each time i go to preach to him. . .he keeps saying this
"Amaechi na bad man" with smiles. maybe we should ponder this saying.  wink

I regret his death, but maybe we should go check the tabloids that wrote -
"I will deal with Ateke and Soboma - Gov.Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi"  undecided

He who keeps his life will lose it, whoever loses it will find it - Matt. 10:39

1 Like

Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by akelliah(m): 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2010
soboma and his other boys knew pere very well. at the time and place the incident happened one among the boyz would have identify him (pere]). soboma never move without his boys as bodyguard so i wonder how pere would have been able to carry out this operation without any resistance.

one other thing to consider is that from the initial report the people who carry out the killing are well dressed in fine Italian suits, pere is not known to be someone who normarly dress in such a way.

when harry marshall was killed the police paraded some hungry looking young men who allegedly confessed that they ware the ones who carry out the killing.
now 2011 is around the corner and they have started again.

my thought is that this is another high level political assassination. the police should just not waste our time on this they should leave it the way they normally leave this kind of issue we will all understand the way we normally do.
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Tonyet1(m): 12:02pm On Sep 02, 2010
And to all ya' flagging some silly cultist tags and signs here. . .i thought this thread was suppose to discuss the killers of Soboma and not some eiye, ND and whatevers  undecided . . . ya'll need Jesus!  grin grin
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by tkb417(m): 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2010
Tonye-t:

And to all ya' flagging some silly cultist tags and signs here. . .i thought this thread was suppose to discuss the killers of Soboma and not some eiye, ND and whatevers undecided . . . ya'll need Jesus! grin grin
LOL; no mind the evil doers dressed in fine suits parading themselves as Investment bankers and technocrats. na these kain people wan govern us again grin grin grin Nigeria, chei

but bros, i dey like your report on PH
seems you know the inside story

im still baffled that Soboma as tough as he was would go to a football field without his mehn

if that was a routine, then i wonder why he hasnt been killed back in the days.

If he had gone to school, he would have known not to have mis waka - (someone who don kill plenty people going to a football field- imposicant)

he was a fool grin grin
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by alamsdee: 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2010
tkb417:

flying bats are at it again  grin grin

mehn dey talk, bats say e get idea

e wan die ni grin grin grin
as u failed to heed the warning of the akalamagbo, make sure u no waka cray fish waka
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by tkb417(m): 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2010
u dey crase grin grin
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by alamsdee: 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2010
see ju man we dey run him bucal cavity haywire,

olomo kilo fun omo re o
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by tkb417(m): 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2010
alamsdee:

see ju man we dey run him bucal cavity haywire,

olomo kilo fun omo re o
contribute to the thread and stop posting off topic

Cos we are deviating a bit doesnt mean we should go gung ho

open another thread in crime sub section and start yelling ur dirge

ur fellow batmen would hear u grin grin
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by xreal: 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2010
@ tkb
I 4 say. I was about challenging u on those numbers.

Zobi, Ogunpa here.
@ alamsdee
wetin bird wan find reach PH? Una teritory no pass I.B na.
And why be say na so-so cray fish b ur target
msscheeew!
banza!

@ mbuleka
u missing d fun.
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by tkb417(m): 1:03pm On Sep 02, 2010
^^
Sobi SM i hail oh
Jew names Stone, okocha, chris, ola, oscar and calculus nko cheesy

KF on guard baba

Back to topic b4 the MODs send Police after us grin grin
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2010
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Mobinga: 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2010
mincuu:

Never knew Nairaland was as loud as Facebook.

Watching and trailing is as easy as ABC.

Enough said.

sharrap there angry angry
find ur way jor. . . . . . angry angry
did we tell u we don't want them to trail us? or are we doing somtin illegal?
make dem com arrest me na bullshi-t mtchewww
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Rhea(f): 1:35pm On Sep 02, 2010
This makes some interesting read, credit to Patrick Naagbanton

On the Denouement of Soboma George

By Patrick Naagbanton

It was last Tuesday, August 24, on the eve of my birthday, the angry weather over the Port Harcourt metropolis and its environs wept profusely, and her
tear drenched me.

It was a day that Dame Patience Jonathan, President of Nigeria’s First Lady was paying an official visit to her Okrika home town in the State. It was a day that the wide caves that colonize our roads were repaired, to show the first lady and her crew of gun-wielding, stern-looking and over-zealous security officials, politicians and visitors that governance is working in the state. It was a day that the melodrama between first lady Patience Jonathan and Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi was staged. The setting was Okrika. Hon. Tamunokuro Oba (sacked chairman of the Okrika Local Government), one of the actors was edged out of the stage for being too loyal to the First Lady. Hon. James I. Aduko was sworn in as the new chairman of Okrika Local Government Council shortly afterwards. Politics and politicians! The weeping political weather and what is to come in 2011.

In spite of the severe traffic congestion due to the Dr. Goodluck Jonathan’s wife’s visit, I wondered through to the blustering Eleme junction around the evening where I boarded a taxicab to Aba, the uneasy market town in the South eastern Nigeria. From there I joined a decaying bus to Owerri, the capital of Imo state, the eastern heartbeat, my terminus. As our taxicab hastened towards the Aba enclave, chunks of darkness bedew our car, and unanticipatedly, three textual messages came into my low-priced, worn-out cellular phone. One from Oceanic Bank International Plc, the second one came from a contact in Rivers State, while the last was from another contact in Aba.

That of Oceanic bank proclaims, “Experience peace on this your special day. From all of us at Oceanic Bank International Plc, we wish you a happy birthday this year 2010”. The second one from Port Harcourt affirms too, “Today, August 24, 2010, Soboma George, the governor’s boy was killed by gunmen at the governor’s approved school at No. 32 Nembe Street, Port Harcourt, while playing football; several of his men were also killed”. The final one blazons, “E don happen for dis God forsaken Abia state again. For Isisioma area of Aba, the boys robed 4 banks for 6 hours, no body fit stop dem, dem kill 5 policemen, and poor people died too. Investigate na news I don give you”.

I receive regular textual messages from Oceanic bank, not only business related ones, but also charitable messages like the one above. I am just a proletariat, not a moneyed worker, politician or businessman who operate multi-million naira or other currencies account(s) in the bank, yet the bank keep on reminding me of a day I adventured into this wicked planet. Other big banks around would not do this to a poor customer like me. Oceanic bank always wishes me peace on my birth day. Peace is good for every body including those who hate it. The banks in Nigeria are frequently raided and millions of various currencies in various dominations carted away by heavily armed gunmen and women. The banks are always at the receiving end of violence and criminality. Peace is good, but we are far away from peace. A society where gun floods, can not achieve peace. A society where corruption and criminality is celebrated can’t be a peaceful society. A society where we promote criminal politics and politics of intolerance is a violent society. A society built on injustice and inequality is not a good society, rather it is a society designed to be violent. However, thanks to Oceanic bank for her good wishes.

Armed and aimless, this is one of the disentanglements of the proliferations of small arms, armed groups and violent conflicts in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. On Tuesday, August 24, 2010, Soboma George, who should be in his early 30s, was gunned down by suspected gunmen. The late Soboma George was an invention of the putrid and monstrous politicians that have seized Rivers State in vassalage since 1999, when we started this grave expedition to the Fourth Republic. On November 3, 2004, Soboma George, who hailed from Buguma community in the Asari-Toru Local Government Area of the Kalabari clan of the Ijaw nation, then second-in-command to Tom Ateke’s Icelander Confraternity (cult) reportedly allegedly shot dead Minabo Fiberesima. The late Fiberesima was a staunch member of Dokuba-Asari’s Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force (NDPVF). The killing of the NDPVF Fiberesima happened at an interlude after the Ateke’s Icelander and Asari’s NDPVF blood bath, and at a period of reconciliation between both warring Ijaw militias. Soboma George and Osaroo, who hailed from Imo State and others, were exposed by Ateke as being responsible for the murder of the NDPVF militia.

They were arrested and held at the Port Harcourt prisons. In June, 2005, while Soboma and others were in prisons, Golden Kalio, the third-in-command, (Soboma’s junior officer) in the Ateke’s cult hierarchy had driven in his brand new mercedez E-Class Saloon car, to go to court to testify against Soboma and co, for their roles in the murder of Minabo Fiberesima. Soboma from his prison cell ordered the murder of Kalio. Kalio was shot several times in the chest by Soboma’s boys. He died instantly. It was around this period that Soboma’s Outlaws was also formed as a cult group, patterned after the Ateke’s Icelander. Their communication codes, method of attacks and disposal of weapons, ways of initiation are just the same with that of the Icelander. Whereas, that of the Icelander is same as those of the Supreme Vikings Confraternity (SVC), the tertiary institutions based gang founded at the University of Port Harcourt (known as “Alpha Marine” in SVC’s terminology) in 1984 by an Okrika, Ijaw History student.

Eight days after the slaughtering of Kalio, a hit squad from the Icelander struck, to avenge the death of its commander. Senibo George, Soboma younger brother and a member of the newly formed Outlaws was abducted and butchered by Icelander’s henchmen; his shattered flesh and bones squeezed band parked in a sack bag and dumped at I.B Johnson, a popular street in Port Harcourt. In same late 2005, Osaroo, the slim and diminutive marksman of the Outlaws had helped to form Elegemface, a new notorious cult. I had met and interviewed him few days before his death while working as a special correspondent with a local Port Harcourt newspaper. Osaro, that energetic fellow was arrested by a team of Policeman working for the Odili’s government and executed at the Port Harcourt cemetery. During their operations, the Elegemface posed as a vigilante group, but was a cult group. Scores of them were murdered soon after the death of their founder. Their initial funding allegedly came from Hon. Austin Opara, the ex-Deputy Speaker of the Federal House of Representatives. The Elegemface no longer exist, rather its members fizzled into other existing cult groups like The Deewell, Deebam, Icelander, Outlaws and others and continued the gangsterism.

The malevolent murder of Senibo George sparked another round of reprisal killings in Rivers State, and the struggle for supremacy and territorial control by the cult groups. The doltish butcheries on both sides continued until 2007, and at intervals the Odili government would release money to the warring cult groups to cease hostilities. Odili by his own actions and inactions encouraged his followers to form cults/gang groups and militias, to control their respective areas politically, and to ensure his victory during elections so as to achieve his inordinate political ambition. After each election the groups and their leaders became a liability on our society. Notable opposition figures were either intimidated or killed by their cult coterie. Around late 2004, Dokubo-Asari’s NDPVF was also engrossed in crisis too over money recovered from the sales of his arms surrendered to the state/federal disarmament programme. Farah Ipallibo Dagogo, one of Dokubo’s dreaded commanders had broken away and founded the Niger Delta Strike Force (NDSF), a militia group over this. Farah in late 2005 had undertaken a rescue operation. He broke into the Port Harcourt prisons and freed Soboma and others. The late Soboma George stayed in Owerri, Imo State capital for quite sometime before returning to his Rivers State. George earlier, while in the Icelanders was accused of killing Chief Dr. Marshall Harry, the most vocal opposition politician, who was traced and shot dead in his Abuja house by heavily armed gunmen who wore military boots.
Farah and Soboma later linked up with the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), a loose assemblage of armed groups claiming to fight for justice, resource control and self-determination for the Niger Delta peoples. They became its commanders, commanding the eastern Niger Delta (Rivers) command. MEND was founded on January 1, 2006. When on Sunday, January 28, 2007, some Police officers arrested Soboma George in Port Harcourt for a traffic offence; He was detained at the Central Police Station (CPS). Like the Israeli Operation Entebbe in Uganda, Farah again, and his dreaded-looking teenage fighters led by a 13-year-old then, code-named the Last Don broke into the cell while firing his AK47s in both hands and rescued Soboma from the Police custody and others.

The late Soboma worked for the “victory” of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Rivers State. Scores of Outlaws members armed with AK47s assault rifles moved from one polling station to other, threatened peaceful and innocent prospective voters at gun point to either vote for the PDP in the state or leave the polling units. This took place in several places in mostly southern parts of Port Harcourt where The Outlaws controls, and before the watchful eyes of the Nigerian Police and other security forces there.

On such massive rigging, violent manipulations and criminality, Celestine Omehia, the Ubima, Ikwerre-born lawyer and politician came to power in Rivers State as governor. Omehia was later removed by a Supreme Court verdict, his cousin Hon. Rotimi Amaechi took over as governor to continue from where he stopped. Amaechi became governor as a result of the brand of politics played by the late Soboma George and cult gangs for the PDP. Our respected literary colossus, Professor Wole Soyinka once described the PDP as a nest of killers, while Major-General Muhammadu Buhari said the PDP is worse than a criminal kidnapping gang. After the massively rigged 2007 elections that brought Omehia to power in the state, groups like the Deebam, another infamous secret gang founded in Rivers State in early 1991 by Onengiye Ofori Terika, popularly called Occasion Boy continued the armed campaigns of violence. Terika was shot dead in October 2003 during a violent clash between his Deebam and Tom Ateke’s Icelander in Tombia in the Degema Local Government Area of Rivers State. The young Tombia youth activist, Prince Glad who later adopted the name, Prince Igodo became the head of the Deebam after Occasion Boy’s death. During the bloody conflicts between Tom Ateke and Dokubo-Asari, Prince Igodo fought on the side of Asari-Dokubo.

Because Prince Igodo didn’t benefit from the Odili/Omehia election windfall to armed groups throughout the state, Igodo and his Deebam vowed to disrupt the inauguration of Omehia as governor on May 29, 2007. There was tension in the state, and while Igodo was preparing to take off from his house in the riverine Tombia community to launch violent campaigns against the incoming Omehia’s government, Soboma George and Farah’s fighters rounded him up in his house that early morning, and shot him dead and scores of his body guards. Those who killed Igodo were clearly acting on the orders of the new PDP government. The Prince Igodo of Rivers State is different from that of Bayelsa State, though they had their gang tutelage at the same time. The one of Bayelsa, Gibson Kala aka Prince Igodo was killed on Friday, June 27, 2008 by General Ogbumbos, with support from Tom Ateke’s Icelander. Ogbumbos was the second-in-command to Igodo, a 32-year-father of two, and a secondary school drop-out who was trained in Dokubo-Asari’s camp in Ogbakiri in the Emuoha Local Government Area of Rivers State. He hailed from Opuama community in the Southern Ijaw area of Bayelsa State (central Niger Delta). Average height, dark in complexion with a shooting goatee beard, he never wanted his Ogbumbos, to break away from his camp in Opuama, to form any other armed gang. On that fateful June 27, 2008, around 4:30pm, Commander Prince Igodo met his death by installment as his two legs were cut off with a sharp machete and left to bleed to death under the supervision of his disloyal second-in-command, Ogbumbos and fighters at Emete where he was hiding.

On Sunday, June 29, 2008, heavily armed fighters of the Prince Dagogo Ipalibo Farah of the Niger Delta Strike Force (NDSF) invaded Abonnema town in the Akuku-Toru Local Government Area of Rivers State in search of Commander Hassan, a top commander of Soboma George’s The Outlaws. Commander Hassan had fired gun shots at Farah’s fighters who were traveling in a fleet of engine boats along the Krakrama creek in the Degema axis of the State. In spite of Soboma and Farah being two soul-mates and commanders of the Henry Okah’s faction of MEND, Farah fished out Hassan and shot him dead, his body was deposited at the local mortuary in Abonnema, Farah later carted away to an unknown destination. The twosome leaders became estranged. On Tuesday, July 29, 2008, Soboma Jackrich (also known as Egberi papa), leader of the People’s Liberation Force (PLF) and also a MEND commander clashed with Soboma George’s The Outlaws. Violence swept through much of Abonnema, four soldiers of the Joint Task Force (JTF) were hit dead by stray-bullets of the gangs, while scores of innocent people were also killed as well as fighters on both sides. Both Soboma George and Soboma Jackrich hail from the Buguma community.

On Monday night, August 2, 2008, the gang war of attrition between the Sobomas spread to the rough Port Harcourt neighborhoods where the militias had strong cells. Faala Benibo, better known as Dagogo Farah supported Jackrich against George. They accused Soboma George of allowing The Outlaws men to commit of sorts of criminal things such as sea piracy, stealing of goods of innocent passengers along the waterways. In early 2008, Mrs. Seiye Lulu-Briggs, the wife of Chief Lulu-Briggs, the multi-billionaire oil mogul was kidnapped and millions of oil money was expended to buy her freedom, Egberi Papa (meaning “story teller” in Ijaw) was accused of the kidnap of Lulu-Briggs’ wife. The Police and other security agencies in Nigeria always draw hasty conclusions in critical matters like that of Soboma George. As a serious journalist and researcher on small arms and armed groups I knew Soboma George and other gang leaders in and outside the Niger Delta. The Police claimed that Pere, Dombra and Tommy, all estranged factional members of the slain ex-militant’s Icelander cult are suspected killers of Soboma George. The Soboma I knew was a very generous man who can get out of his way to do anything to take care of his fighters’ welfare. Apart from the monthly payments from the Presidential Amnesty Committee, Soboma was a rich man; monies from other sources were coming to him too. Money shouldn’t have been a problem. The life of a gang leader should be that of secrecy and mystery, and not that of playing football in the open like Soboma George was doing. The police couldn’t give a proper identity to Soboma’s group; he was an Outlaw, and not an Icelander.

Violence will also beget violence. The various violent acts of George can’t easily go off like that; they say in the gang world that revenge is sweet when it is cold. To unravel his killers we need to look at this as another angle to the puzzle. The late Soboma George is a victim of bad politics. Our society is a failed one. We have reached a point where every family will brag of how many guns each family has in their armory as we have now in the violence saturated Somalia. It is a harvest of guns; guns everywhere, whether the armed or the unarmed are not safe. My condolence to the poor youths throughout the country that our criminal politicians had turned into gangsters, who are killed on daily basis or maimed for a pointless cause, tomorrow is certainly far.

Naagbanton writes from Port Harcourt, Rivers State capital, Nigeria

Concluded
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by xreal: 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2010
@tkb 44117777
Nwanneee!
those daaaays
Dem dey.
I saw ola 2wks ago, nd calcu somtimes in july.
Hope u cool.
On G.
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2010
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by naso2(m): 1:44pm On Sep 02, 2010
@Rhea

Thank you jare. Very nice read. You saved us from the pathetic direction this thread was headed, no thanks to the e-hardmen. Boyz wey be first to run when trouble start , na dem go dey claim title for web. Oya make all of una run go culture section go continue una nonsense angry angry
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by alamsdee: 1:47pm On Sep 02, 2010
xreal:

@ tkb
I 4 say. I was about challenging u on those numbers.

Zobi, Ogunpa here.
@ alamsdee
wetin bird wan find reach PH? Una teritory no pass I.B na.
And why be say na so-so cray fish b your target
msscheeew!
banza!

@ mbuleka
u missing d fun.

before vulture chop u to pieces,

who u be?
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by GNBohr: 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2010
Very unforunate. Stupid people destroying themselves. in PH, they are blind, they are ignorant, they are backward, they are misfits, they are inglorious, they are lost.

There is cult everywhere, even in advanced countries, but they are not deployed in manners being applied in PH. How will they get development and progress in the midst of these chaos. No wonder PH is a lawless jungle. What a misdirection of power. Tell me how many non Riverians are being killed in this so called struggle for personal supremacy in the name of emancipation.

By the time you kill yourself finish in PH and other parts of that accursed state, other people from across the country will come and rule you. Remember Rome did not fall in the hands of the enemy but due to internal strife and acrimony.

I pray you people from Rivers State, put your head in check and see the damage you are causing your future. Even if Nigeria break up today with the way you are going in PH, violence and anarchy will make the entire Niger Delta to implode. I sorry for una.

Remember, Cultism started in the South West and South West is far ahead of other regions of the country in so many areas. There are better and more positive ways to deploy cultism.
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by naso2(m): 2:19pm On Sep 02, 2010
This article by Patrick Naagbanton makes one want to weep. Mehn the signs are unpromising for the ND. cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alison-Madueke Named In N59tr Shady Oil-Deal / #2016Budget: FG Unveils 34 Priority Projects / No Evidence Of Underage Voting In Kano – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.