Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Inheritance - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Inheritance (31635 Views)

New From Lleigh........ My Grandfather's Inheritance. / A Buckeye Hollow Inheritance By Bret Harte / The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:31pm On Mar 22, 2019
izaray:
Be mindful of what you say and decisions you take when angry

Damselposh this update is too short ma'am

Give us more, we need sometin light for the weekend biko kiss

Lol, I will, thanks for reading
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:42pm On Mar 22, 2019
AJECKING:
demsel! demsel! demsel! ...how many times did i call u!
anyway u r gr8t kip it app.

Thanks boo
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:43pm On Mar 22, 2019
Ann2012:
Who is to be accused if not Derrick?

Thanks for the update ma'am

Thanks bae
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:44pm On Mar 22, 2019
francium001:
I done land, thanks for the mention

Welcome
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:44pm On Mar 22, 2019
Treasure17:
Alas! We accused the wrong person and izaray don swear for Derrick already. Damsel please unravel the criminal abeg. Thanks for the update.

Thanks Trea honey
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:47pm On Mar 22, 2019
Kaycee9242:
op thanks so much for the short update

Lol I will lengthen the next one.

Thanks for reading
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2019
skubido:
Hmmmm.

Tanks for the update

Thanks boo
Re: Inheritance by Preshbeauty(f): 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2019
thank God I wasn't quick to curse Derrick.
well done damsel
Re: Inheritance by izaray(f): 10:57pm On Mar 22, 2019
Treasure17:
Alas! We accused the wrong person and izaray don swear for Derrick already. Damsel please unravel the criminal abeg. Thanks for the update.
Take it easy on me buddy, atleast he was also accused by his mum and sis inlaw too. Even you self follow accuse am, if not who volunteer to arrange thunder for Derrick? Na Treasure17 cheesy
Re: Inheritance by Treasure17(m): 12:10am On Mar 23, 2019
izaray:
Take it easy on me buddy, atleast he was also accused by his mum and sis inlaw too. Even you self follow accuse am, if not who volunteer to arrange thunder for Derrick? Na Treasure17 cheesy
Lol. Funny you. I didn't exclude myself reason I used we but yours was emphatic. I need to suspend the arrangement for now and besides thunder hasn't delivered yet cause I ordered from China.

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:57am On Mar 23, 2019
Preshbeauty:
thank God I wasn't quick to curse Derrick.

well done damsel

Thanks presh
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:58am On Mar 23, 2019
izaray:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 8:00am On Mar 23, 2019
Treasure17:

Lol. Funny you. I didn't exclude myself reason I used we but yours was emphatic. I need to suspend the arrangement for now and besides thunder hasn't delivered yet cause I ordered from China.

Lol, you people will not kill me grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by Treasure17(m): 8:41am On Mar 23, 2019
damselposh:

Lol, you people will not kill me grin grin grin grin
Lol. Of course we won't cause the story must continue. If we kill you wetin we gain? Absolutely nothing damsel. grin

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 9:13am On Mar 23, 2019
Treasure17:

Lol. Of course we won't cause the story must continue. If we kill you wetin we gain? Absolutely nothing damsel. grin

Hahahaha
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 6:04pm On Mar 24, 2019
CHAPTER SIX

Derrick and his wife got to the cemetery, his brother's burial ceremony was going on, in a bid to give him a burial rite, his enlarged portrait was put inside a coffin and was been lowered into the ground, Derrick felt a tear drop off as the coffin went into the ground.
He dabbed his eyes with a handkerchief, just then, he felt someone drag him back, he turned and saw his Mom with a teary eyes.

"What are you doing here murderer?, after killing your brother you came to shed crocodile tears" she sniffed.

"Tracy please wait for me in the car" he said to his wife before turning almost immediately to his mom "Mom, I swear to God I didn't kill Desmond, I can never kill my brother, just believe me" Derrick sniffed too.

"Leave this place before I loose my mind, I don't want to ever see your face again, get out" she shouted getting people's attention.

Barrister Nathan rushed towards them and held Mrs Zebulon.

"Tell him to leave Nathan, I don't want to see him, he should leave" she pointed out.

"I think you should leave for now Derrick, I will talk to her when she is calm" Nathan said turning to Derrick.

"The estate you killed your brother for, will still be given to his wife, even if she decides to get married to another person, she is taking the estate with her, you will never have it" she said with a note of finality while moving away.

"Help me talk to her Nath, I didn't kill Desmond" he pleaded.

"Just go for now Derrick, we will talk about it later" Nathan said with a sigh.

A YEAR LATER

Sandra came down from a tricycle with her echolag in her hand, she was dressed in an NYSC attire, she paid the cyclist and shouted to get her father's attention.

She got to the door and ran into a hard object, she looked up and her eyes met with a stranger.

"Who are you? and where is my father?" She asked eyeing the stranger.

"You must be Sandra, Papa told me about you, please come inside, how was life at osun state?" the stranger asked all at once while attempting to carry Sandra's box.

"Don't touch my box until you tell me what you are doing in my father's house, and why are you referring to my father as Papa?" Sandra asked shifting her box back.

"Just come inside first, Papa will explain everything when he gets back" the stranger said making another attempt to carry her box again.

"I said don't to..." Sandra was about to say when she heard her father's voice behind.

"My daughter you are back, has it been long you came, why are you outside?" Mazi okoro asked giving his daughter a hug.

"She didn't want to go inside with me" the stranger said with a shrug.

"Who is he?" She asked again.

"His name is Jasper, you will know all about him in due time, but for now, come inside the house, you need to eat and also tell me how NYSC treated you" Mazi okoro said taking Sandra's box with him.

Mrs Zebulon sat down with her daughter in-law, Mirabel, she cleared her throat as she began.

"My daughter, I called you here to tell you something very important, it is already one year since the burial of your husband who is also my son, your mourning period is over, which means you are now free to get married to another person, but that is not why I called you here" she paused to look at Mirabel.

"Am all ears mom" she said.

"Barrister Nathan told me of his intention to get married to you, we are not forcing you but it would be nice if you get married to him, he was a very good friend of your husband and getting married to him means marrying Desmond" she explained further.

"But mom I don't want to remarry" she pouted her lips.

"Common my child, you are still young, you have to get married again and move on with your life, just go and think about it" she concluded with a Wave of the hand.

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by Kaycee9242(m): 6:53pm On Mar 24, 2019
op well done

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by vivienD: 9:00pm On Mar 24, 2019
Why do i suspect barrister Nathan
Re: Inheritance by queenitee(f): 9:19pm On Mar 24, 2019
vivienD:
Even me
Re: Inheritance by Preshbeauty(f): 9:45pm On Mar 24, 2019
Barrister Nathan hmmmmm, I know you are getting married to her because of that estate.

well done OP
Re: Inheritance by genius43(m): 9:46pm On Mar 24, 2019
I suspect Mirabel and the lawyer Nathan.

I think Desmond has resurrected as Jasper
Re: Inheritance by Treasure17(m): 11:14pm On Mar 24, 2019
The Law!!! Thanks for the update damsel.
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:07am On Mar 25, 2019
Kaycee9242:
op well done

Thanks boo
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:07am On Mar 25, 2019
vivienD:

Lol, grin grin
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:08am On Mar 25, 2019
Preshbeauty:
Barrister Nathan hmmmmm, I know you are getting married to her because of that estate.

well done OP

Thanks bae
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:09am On Mar 25, 2019
genius43:
I suspect Mirabel and the lawyer Nathan.

I think Desmond has resurrected as Jasper

Thanks boo

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:09am On Mar 25, 2019
Treasure17:
The Law!!! Thanks for the update damsel.

Thanks Trea honey
Re: Inheritance by Ann2012(f): 7:31am On Mar 25, 2019
I'm suspecting Nathan

Re: Inheritance by skubido(m): 9:35am On Mar 25, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: Inheritance by priccelessgurl(f): 10:05am On Mar 25, 2019
Why do i suspect Mrs Zebulon and the barrister
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:05am On Mar 25, 2019
Ann2012:
I'm suspecting Nathan

Thanks bae
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:06am On Mar 25, 2019
skubido:
Tanks for the update

Thanks boo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) / How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria / For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.