Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege (16453 Views)

Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure / Tinubu Says Omo-Agege Will Be Governor Of Niger Delta State (Video) / Abuja Federal High Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Seize My Assets – Sen Nwaoboshi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 2:53pm On Mar 19, 2019
Realtord43:
That what the wil alway say, court lack power wen it nt in their favour bt it wil stil b the same court the wil run to seek redress. bunch of hypocrites. omo~gege ko, agege bread ni undecided
Did you read the part where he said a federal high court last year already validated his faction.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2019
julitoch:
Drowning man
Seems you are about to drown in ignorance.did you read the post ?

1 Like

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2019
Iyajelili:
Mace thief too is talking
Did he raise salient points or not
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by kcnwaigbo: 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
Mynd44:

I said this yesterday

Truth is that just like Imo and Ogun states, only the NWC of the APC has the lower and authority to nominate and conduct elections unlike the PDP.

In Ogun state, the state APC conducted elections and it was cancelled as it is illegal.

The SEC can only organise logistics so removing state excos only removes state excos.

if he likes he should not quickly rush to the appeal court to set aside the judgement.All this grammar you people are blowing will not save him.I thought you people will have learnt from the Rivers APC crisis.Did the NWC not back the Amaechi faction? what happened in the end?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by kcnwaigbo: 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

Is he correct or not ?
Omo-Agege is no longer a Senator-elect until that court order is set aside.If the order is not vacated by a higher court he will not be sworn in on June 9 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
Mynd44:

I said this yesterday

Truth is that just like Imo and Ogun states, only the NWC of the APC has the lower and authority to nominate and conduct elections unlike the PDP.

In Ogun state, the state APC conducted elections and it was cancelled as it is illegal.

The SEC can only organise logistics so removing state excos only removes state excos.
My brother,most of those commenting here did not read the post.they are doing so out of sentiments.you need restrict some people from the politics section.the annoying thing is that they refuse to accept that they are wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 2:58pm On Mar 19, 2019
kcnwaigbo:

Omo-Agege is no longer a Senator-elect until that court order is set aside.If the order is not vacated by a higher court he will not be sworn in on June 9 2019
Stop talking trash.did you read where he said that a federal high court last year validated his faction? Or you prefer wallowing in ignorance

1 Like

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 2:58pm On Mar 19, 2019
kcnwaigbo:

if he likes he should not quickly rush to the appeal court to set aside the judgement.All this grammar you people are blowing will not save him.I thought you people will have learnt from the Rivers APC crisis.Did the NWC not back the Amaechi faction? what happened in the end?
Read the post well
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by badostic: 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2019
Iyajelili:
Mace thief too is talking
na ya FADA be MACE Ole

2 Likes

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by kcnwaigbo: 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

My brother,most of those commenting here did not read the post.they are doing so out of sentiments.you need restrict some people from the politics section.the annoying thing is that they refuse to accept that they are wrong

Are you high on cow dung? WTF!!!! Must everyone on nairaland be a zombie?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2019
naijapips04:
steadily following in the footsteps of Buhari
So a high court decision can nullify another high court ruling ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by Mynd44: 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2019
Olatunji1929:
you made no sense why did court gave judgement in favour of buruji kasamu against pdp national leadership
Every party has different constitutions. In the PDP, the power to carry out primaries and nominate candidates rest on the state excos.

In the case of Senator Kashamu, his faction is the one recognized as the authentic PDP in Ogun hence why according to the PDP constitution, they are the ones that can nominate candidates

2 Likes

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by kcnwaigbo: 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

Read the post well

the court's order was explicit enough for me.Omo-Agege is not a court of law

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 3:02pm On Mar 19, 2019
kcnwaigbo:

Are you high on cow dung? WTF!!!! Must everyone on nairaland be a zombie?
Guy,you asking yourself oh.so a federal high court can override another high court in your imagination? Is that not symptoms of urine highness

1 Like

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2019
kcnwaigbo:

You now know more than agege that is a lawyer.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by Mynd44: 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2019
kcnwaigbo:

If we even remove the issue of the APC constitution, a judgment was made last year recognizing his faction. That judgment can only be vacated by a superior court and not one of equal powers.

2 Likes

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by Mynd44: 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

Guy,you asking yourself oh.so a federal high court can override another high court in your imagination? Is that not symptoms of urine highness

Be nice.

1 Like

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by 9jaRealist: 3:07pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

Is he correct or not ?

NO! First, he does not have to be served/joined in a case against INEC (and/or APC)...

Nonetheless, he is NOT qualified to make such pronouncements (and of course neither am I - nor you). The law courts remain the appropriate forum for the arbitration of such legal disputes. A lawmaker should at the very least grasp the very basic concept of the RULE OF LAW! SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 3:09pm On Mar 19, 2019
Mynd44:

Be nice.
My oga,he started it first
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by Iyajelili(f): 3:09pm On Mar 19, 2019
badostic:

na ya FADA be MACE Ole

How would a bastard know the worth of a father? That is your case and i'm really not pissed but sorry for you.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2019
9jaRealist:

NO! First, he does not have to be served/joined in a case against INEC (and/or APC)...

Nonetheless, he is NOT qualified to make such pronouncements (and of course neither am I - nor you). The law courts remain the appropriate forum for the arbitration of such legal disputes. A lawmaker should at the very least grasp the very basic concept of the RULE OF LAW! SMH
No need for all this grammar.did a court recognize his faction last year or not ? Secondly,can an equal course nullify that recognition ?

1 Like

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 3:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
Mynd44:

If we even remove the issue of the APC constitution, a judgment was made last year recognizing his faction. That judgment can only be vacated by a superior court and not one of equal powers.
Gbam

1 Like

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by mogbeyiteren: 3:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
He knows the law
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by slivertongue: 3:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
APC zealot pls dont develop hypertension over my mention. i no send you oo. i repeat his bus stop is near.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by 9jaRealist: 3:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

No need for all this grammar.did a court recognize his faction last year or not ? Secondly,can an equal course nullify that recognition ?

The Asaba court did not need to “nullify” the judgment of the Abuja court, because both rulings are actually NOT in conflict - as they each involve different parties and litigants (even if the result of both affect Omo-Agege). That’s why the courts remain the appropriate forum for ascertaining individual rights. While some folks seem not to fully grasp that basic concept, one would expect a LAW-maker to do so. SMH
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 3:23pm On Mar 19, 2019
9jaRealist:

The Asaba court did not need to “nullify” the judgment of the Abuja court, because both rulings are actually NOT in conflict - as they each involve different parties and litigants (even if the result of both affect Omo-Agege). That’s why the courts remain the appropriate forum for ascertaining individual rights. While some Nigerians may not fully grasp that basic concept, one would expect a LAW-maker to do so. SMH
You are confusing yourself inorder to indict omo agege who you clearly dislike.the asaba court clearly ruled that the faction of ogodo is the rightful one and that all the actions and candidates from its primaries is the rightful one thereby nullifying the candidacy of ogboru,agege.but unfortunately,an abuja court last year already validated the factory of erue which age belongs.only an appeal court can overrule this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 3:25pm On Mar 19, 2019
slivertongue:
APC zealot pls dont develop hypertension over my mention. i no send you oo. i repeat his bus stop is near.
Be humble and take corrections,its the right thing to do.seems your government teacher back in school told you that asaba is higher than abuja hence your predicament.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by 9jaRealist: 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

You are confusing yourself inorder to indict omo agege who you clearly dislike.the asaba court clearly ruled that the faction of ogodo is the rightful one and that all the actions and candidates from its primaries is the rightful one thereby nullifying the candidacy of ogboru,agege.but unfortunately,an abuja court last year already validated the factory of erue which age belongs.only an appeal court can overrule this

Bros, you are the confused (in order to validate Omo-Agege who you apparently worship)...

Both cases involve DIFFERENT parties, and thus not in conflict. The only “conflict” is the effect of each ruling on Omo-Agege, and thus he should head to the law courts to assert his rights - rather than making pompous self-serving pronouncements on the pages of newspapers.

BTW, according to INEC, where there are actually conflicting orders from courts of concurrent jurisdiction, the latter order is obeyed by the commission. Accordingly, if Omo-Agege has competent counsel, he should be headed to the law courts. Thugs won’t be able to swear him in.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by Okoroawusa: 4:00pm On Mar 19, 2019
This court ruling has nothinig to do with Omo-agege

1 Like

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by 9jaRealist: 4:05pm On Mar 19, 2019
Mynd44:

But the Abuja order was NOT vacated by the Asaba court...

This is a DIFFERENT case with DIFFERENT parties, and the IRONY is that Omo-Agege is relying on the same argument that the parties made in the Asaba case - that they were not parties/litigants in the other (Abuja, in that instant) case.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by 9jaRealist: 4:06pm On Mar 19, 2019
Okoroawusa:
This court ruling has nothinig to do with Omo-agege

Exactly! The practical effect of nullifying Omo-Agege’s candidacy and subsequent election is merely COLLATERAL DAMAGE! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Presents Certificates Of Return To Wike, Lawmakers In Rivers (Photos) / Zakari Alfa: The Top 3 Aspirants In PDP Are Atiku, Atiku And Atiku / 243 Retiring Soldiers Must Submit Arms, Others – Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.