Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege (16461 Views)

Bola Tinubu: Cashless Policy Or Not, My Election Victory Was Always Sure / Tinubu Says Omo-Agege Will Be Governor Of Niger Delta State (Video) / Abuja Federal High Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Seize My Assets – Sen Nwaoboshi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by Kennyfancy(m): 4:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
charliboy654:
Delta Centra election was one of the bloodiest in Nigeria, people fall, come n see dead bodies everywhere, even soldier die, no go Bleep with ovie youth o, those guys can be senseless even police dey run from Dem.
All because of omo agege.
shup up, were u in Delta state, Election that was peaceful, no fight in Delta Central, the whole of Delta Central is for APC, so Stop deceiving urself

1 Like

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2019
9jaRealist:

Bros, you are the confused (in order to validate Omo-Agege who you apparently worship)...

Both cases involve DIFFERENT parties, and thus not in conflict. The only “conflict” is the effect of each ruling on Omo-Agege, and thus he should head to the law courts to assert his rights - rather than making pompous self-serving pronouncements on the pages of newspapers.

BTW, according to INEC, where there are actually conflicting orders from courts of concurrent jurisdiction, the latter order is obeyed by the commission. Accordingly, if Omo-Agege has competent counsel, he should be headed to the law courts. Thugs won’t be able to swear him in.
Oga,shut up.will you keep quiet.what arrogant lie is this.how dare you? Stop talking nonsense here.don't make me say what i dont want to.how can you type rubbish and still have the impudence to claim you are right instead of taking corrections.are you blind to see that a high court already ruled on this matter last year and inec already obeyed.even a mad man knows that only a superior court can vacate this ruling.so you expect inec to now obey this ruling which is worthless? You even claim that it is different parties as if it did not involve erue factions,agege or was filed by someone in the ogodo faction.dont allow hatred for apc to make you vomit trash.or are you in the emerhor faction
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by sacx: 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
Mynd44:

I said this yesterday

Truth is that just like Imo and Ogun states, only the NWC of the APC has the power and authority to nominate and conduct elections unlike the PDP.

In Ogun state, the state APC conducted elections and it was cancelled as it is illegal.

The SEC can only organise logistics so removing state excos only removes state excos.

In your opinion, who presents the candidates for nomination to the NWC? Definitely the state excos. If by this court judgement, the legitimate excos were don't involved, don't you think it nullifies the process?
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by sacx: 5:07pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

Stop talking trash.did you read where he said that a federal high court last year validated his faction? Or you prefer wallowing in ignorance

Validated his faction? No, that was not what he said. Go read again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
9jaRealist:

Exactly! The practical effect of nullifying Omo-Agege’s candidacy and subsequent election is merely COLLATERAL DAMAGE! grin
For the last time,have some sense.the case before the asaba court inspite of the parties extended and even touched on which faction is the rightful one.and the question of faction has already been settled since last year by a court already.tgerefore,this judgment can only be obeyed half to the extent of it not involving factions and primaries.there is nothing collateral damage here,dont bring layman semantics here.you are damn annoying.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by slivertongue: 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
Humble? cheap xters lik u pretend 2 av vertical knowledge wen indeed u are petty sycophants out 2insult oda ples opinion
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
sacx:

In your opinion, who presents the candidates for nomination to the NWC? Definitely the state excos. If by this court judgement, the legitimate excos were don't involved, don't you think it nullifies the process?
A court last year already recognized his own exco
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 5:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
slivertongue:
Humble? cheap xters lik u pretend 2 av vertical knowledge wen indeed u are petty sycophants out 2insult oda ples opinion
Do you even have any knowledge? Continue jumping into comments without reading the full post
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by 9jaRealist: 5:15pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

Oga,shut up.will you keep quiet.what arrogant lie is this.how dare you? Stop talking nonsense here.don't make me say what i dont want to.how can you type rubbish and still have the impudence to claim you are right instead of taking corrections.are you blind to see that a high court already ruled on this matter last year and inec already obeyed.even a mad man knows that only a superior court can vacate this ruling.so you expect inec to now obey this ruling which is worthless? You even claim that it is different parties as if it did not involve erue factions,agege or was filed by someone in the ogodo faction.dont allow hatred for apc to make you vomit trash.or are you in the emerhor faction

grin grin grin

Only people who have nothing of substance to contribute and/or have a poor upbringing (or perhaps are worshippers/thugs of Omo-Agege cheesy) resort to insults and ad hominem personal attacks on fellow discussants on a public forum, so I will not join you in that gutter.

To the substantive matter at hand, for the umpteenth time, the Asaba court did NOT “vacate” or “nullify” the ruling of the Abuja court. It simply made a ruling in a DIFFERENT case between DIFFERENT parties (as even the Omo-Agege character explicitly recognizes). Where there exists such a practical lacuna as in this instance of two DIFFERENT and disparate rulings of courts of concurrent jurisdiction effectively affecting the same res or subject matter, the proper resolution is to head to the appellate courts and not to drivel gibberish on the pages of newspapers (or have his worshippers do same on Nairaland). His thugs can steal the mace again, but they CANNOT swear him into office.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2019
sacx:

Validated his faction? No, that was not what he said. Go read again.
Must he say so ? You dont know the gull story,allow us that know to educate you.two factions in delta apc yesterday were in court,a federal high court validated one last year.now,another coordinate court is countering that order.is it suppose to be so
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 5:22pm On Mar 19, 2019
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

Only people who have nothing of substance to contribute and/or have a poor upbringing (or perhaps are worshippers/thugs of Omo-Agege cheesy) resort to insults and ad hominem personal attacks on fellow discussants on a public forum, so I will not join you in that gutter.

To the substantive matter at hand, for the umpteenth time, the Asaba court did NOT “vacate” or “nullify” the ruling of the Abuja court. It simply made a ruling in a DIFFERENT case between DIFFERENT parties (as even the Omo-Agege character explicitly recognizes). Where there exists such a practical lacuna as in this instance of two DIFFERENT and disparate rulings of courts of concurrent jurisdiction effectively affecting the same res or subject matter, the proper resolution is to head to the appellate courts and not to drivel gibberish on the pages of newspapers (or have his worshippers do same on Nairaland). His thugs can steal the mace again, but they CANNOT swear him into office.
You are so empty,an unrepentant blockhead.you finally ended up at the appeal court.but inorder to put you to shame,let me oblige your gibberish a little.mind you,you even partially justified my write up.firstly,tell us the full judgment of the asaba high court.secondly,mention the parties involved.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by sacx: 5:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

Must he say so ? You dont know the gull story,allow us that know to educate you.two factions in delta apc yesterday were in court,a federal high court validated one last year.now,another coordinate court is countering that order.is it suppose to be so

I told you to read the post again. That consent judgement was not given to determine who was the legitimate exco. Reason why the Cyril Ogodo faction was not joined in the suit. It was given as a form of permission to the Erhue faction to present candidate for nomination being the recognized faction by the NWC at that time
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by slivertongue: 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
School boy go &read ur books. lean to interrogative issues b4 u deploy partisanship. stop taking panadol 4apc's headache
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by israelmao(m): 5:47pm On Mar 19, 2019
Contradicting judgements by the Federal High Court.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 5:52pm On Mar 19, 2019
slivertongue:
School boy go &read ur books. lean to interrogative issues b4 u deploy partisanship. stop taking panadol 4apc's headache
If you had followed all these your advice,it would save you the ridicule and Mishaps
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by 9jaRealist: 5:54pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

Is he correct or not ?

NO! First, he does not have to be served/joined in a case against INEC (and/or APC)...

Nonetheless, he is NOT qualified to make such pronouncements (and of course neither am I - nor you). The law courts remain the appropriate forum for the arbitration of such legal disputes. A lawmaker should at the very least grasp the very basic concept of the RULE OF LAW! SMH

senatordave1:

You are so empty,an unrepentant blockhead.you finally ended up at the appeal court.but inorder to put you to shame,let me oblige your gibberish a little.mind you,you even partially justified my write up.firstly,tell us the full judgment of the asaba high court.secondly,mention the parties involved.

I still will not join you in the gutter of personal insults, as I was raised better... cheesy

Nonetheless, on the substantive matter at hand, unless you have been operating under a basic comprehension deficit, I did not “end up” at the courts. I started at the courts and stuck to the courts. My counsel to Omo-Agege has always been to do so. AGBEROS won’t help him this time.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
sacx:

I told you to read the post again. That consent judgement was not given to determine who was the legitimate exco. Reason why the Cyril Ogodo faction was not joined in the suit. It was given as a form of permission to the Erhue faction to present candidate for nomination being the recognized faction by the NWC at that time
Please answer these questions.who filed the suit? Did the suit border on which is the proper apc faction in delta or not? If a faction is duly recognized,does it need the permission of a court to present candidates or not ?
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 5:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
9jaRealist:

NO! First, he does not have to be served/joined in a case against INEC (and/or APC)...

Nonetheless, he is NOT qualified to make such pronouncements (and of course neither am I - nor you). [b]The law courts remain the appropriate forum for the arbitration of such legal disputes.[.b] A lawmaker should at the very least grasp the very basic concept of the RULE OF LAW! SMH

I still will not join you in the gutter of personal insults, as I was raised better... cheesy

Nonetheless, on the substantive matter at hand, unless you have been operating under a basic comprehension deficit, I did not “end up” at the courts. I started at the courts and stuck to the courts. My counsel to Omo-Agege has always been to do so. AGBEROS won’t help him this time.
Help us answer these questions.was the suit filed by an apc member? If yes,from which faction? Thirdly,did the suit border on which is the recognized faction or not ?
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by slivertongue: 6:05pm On Mar 19, 2019
READ UR BOOKS AND TAKE UR DRUGS AND U WILL BE OK.

am done replying u.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by 9jaRealist: 6:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

Help us answer these questions.was the suit filed by an apc member? If yes,from which faction? [b]Thirdly,did the suit border on which is the recognized faction or not ?[b]

You still do not get it (and frankly it is doubtful your partisanship will allow you to do so)... undecided

For example, you and I can file different suits in different parts of the country in courts of concurrent jurisdiction over the SAME subject matter (eg, over Education Tax or VAT). So long as you and I are NOT joined/impleaeded in each other’s lawsuit through valid service of process (which even Omo-Agege explicitly recognizes), or the cases otherwise consolidated, each of those DIFFERENT courts of concurrent jurisdiction each can reach a DIFFERENT outcome, and each of such outcomes shall constitute a VALID legal order.

Accordingly, the only way to resolve any “conflicting” practical effect by any affected person(s) (in my example, the FIRS and/or collecting businesses) would be by recourse to a higher court. Publishing gibberish in newspapers (or insulting folks on the Internet) is NOT the remedy.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2019
slivertongue:
READ UR BOOKS AND TAKE UR DRUGS AND U WILL BE OK.

am done replying u.
Am not on rehab like you
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
9jaRealist:

You still do not get it (and frankly it is doubtful your partisanship will allow you to do so)... undecided

For example, you and I can file different suits in different parts of the country in courts of concurrent jurisdiction over the SAME subject matter (eg, over Education Tax or VAT). So long as you and I are NOT joined/impleaeded in each other’s lawsuit through valid service of process (which even Omo-Agege explicitly recognizes), or the cases otherwise consolidated, each of those DIFFERENT courts of concurrent jurisdiction each can reach a DIFFERENT outcome, and each of such outcomes constitute a VALID legal order.

Accordingly, the only way to resolve same by the affected person(s) (in my example, the FIRS and/or collecting businesses) would be to head to a higher court. Publishing gibberish in newspapers (or insulting folks on the Internet) is NOT the remedy.
You are a very annoying fellow.between me and you that clearly called agege a tout,who is biased?
Lets summary this.the asaba court gave a judgment and part of which encroached or affected agege.can we now agree that that encroachment is of no effect until an appeal court rules reason being that agege is protect fully by a similar court last year ?
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by sacx: 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

Please answer these questions.who filed the suit? Did the suit border on which is the proper apc faction in delta or not? If a faction is duly recognized,does it need the permission of a court to present candidates or not ?

I think you should read on the meaning of consent judgement. It's like an out of court settlement between two parties presented to the court for adoption. In this case, it was between the NWC and Erue faction (being recognized by the NWC at that time). The suit did not border on which was the proper faction. If it did, the Cyril Ogodo faction would have been joined in it. By this judgement, that consent judgement is invalid since one of the parties to it was not legally constituted.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by Mynd44: 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2019
sacx:

No. The state does not nominate candidates.

The candidates buy forms in Abuja, they are screened there and the NWC comes to hold primaries.

The state excos are not involved
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2019
sacx:

I think you should read on the meaning of consent judgement. It's like an out of court settlement between two parties presented to the court for adoption. In this case, it was between the NWC and Erue faction (being recognized by the NWC at that time). The suit did not border on which was the proper faction. If it did, the Cyril Ogodo faction would have been joined in it. By this judgement, that consent judgement is invalid since one of the parties to it was not legally constituted.
In its two-hour judgment, the court, presided over by Justice Toyin Adegoke upheld the Cyril Ogodo-led Delta APC faction in the state, declaring the executives as duly elected.

Justice Adegoke further held that all actions purportedly taken by the Erue-led executives were null and void, thereby nullifying the candidacy of the candidates who emerged from the primaries conducted by the Erue-led executives.

According to Rowland Ekpe, the counsel to the Cyril Ogodo exco, the re-election of Senator Ovie Omo-Agege, representing Delta Central and other candidates in the just-concluded elections, is now null and void following the judgment since they all emerged from the primaries conducted by the Erue-led executives.

“The Primaries conducted by Mefor Progress, those names are the authentic names,”Mr Ekpe stressed.

Other candidates affected by the judgment include the state governorship candidate, Great Ogboru, and the senatorial candidate for Delta South Senatorial District and immediate past governor of the state, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, among others.

Meanwhile, Mr Okubo Nwachukwu, counsel to the Erue-led executives said they would review the court’s judgment, noting that they would appeal the verdict passed by Justice Toyin Adegoke.

“We will look at the judgment, and see what we are going to do, but hopefully we are going to appeal against the judgment. I am very certain that the appeal will be favourable,” Mr Nwachukwu stated.

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2019/03/18/2019-elections-court-nullifies-omo-agege-others-candidacy
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by sacx: 6:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

In its two-hour judgment, the court, presided over by Justice Toyin Adegoke upheld the Cyril Ogodo-led Delta APC faction in the state, declaring the executives as duly elected.

Justice Adegoke further held that all actions purportedly taken by the Erue-led executives were null and void, thereby nullifying the candidacy of the candidates who emerged from the primaries conducted by the Erue-led executives.

According to Rowland Ekpe, the counsel to the Cyril Ogodo exco, the re-election of Senator Ovie Omo-Agege, representing Delta Central and other candidates in the just-concluded elections, is now null and void following the judgment since they all emerged from the primaries conducted by the Erue-led executives.

“The Primaries conducted by Mefor Progress, those names are the authentic names,”Mr Ekpe stressed.

Other candidates affected by the judgment include the state governorship candidate, Great Ogboru, and the senatorial candidate for Delta South Senatorial District and immediate past governor of the state, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, among others.

Meanwhile, Mr Okubo Nwachukwu, counsel to the Erue-led executives said they would review the court’s judgment, noting that they would appeal the verdict passed by Justice Toyin Adegoke.

“We will look at the judgment, and see what we are going to do, but hopefully we are going to appeal against the judgment. I am very certain that the appeal will be favourable,” Mr Nwachukwu stated.

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2019/03/18/2019-elections-court-nullifies-omo-agege-others-candidacy

How does this answer to my submission?
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by sacx: 6:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
Mynd44:

The candidates buy forms in Abuja, they are screened there and the NWC comes to hold primaries.

Are you sure about this? If that is really the case and in line with the party's constitution, then Agege is absolved. If however the state executive is involved by something as little as a signature appendage, then he has case to answer.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2019
sacx:

That is the main story ,what actually transpired.but lete address the consent judgment issue.a consent judgment must involve all parties concerned.there is nothing like the ogodo faction not being properly represented.as far as they had a rep,it is a consent judgment which invalidates this new ruling.the summary is that two courts of equal standing are involved,inec will simply maintaim status quo until a superior court clears the air
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2019
sacx:

That is the main story ,what actually transpired.but lete address the consent judgment issue.a consent judgment must involve all parties concerned.there is nothing like the ogodo faction not being properly represented.as far as they had a rep,it is a consent judgment which invalidates this new ruling.the summary is that two courts of equal standing are involved,inec will simply maintaim status quo until a superior court clears the air.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by senatordave1(m): 7:09pm On Mar 19, 2019
Mynd44:

Kai,you are correct.everybody has been missing this point.in apc,primaries are between candidates and the nwc,state excos are not involved unlike the pdp.we have been judging apc from the same prism we see pdp.it means the courts have erred.it means the supreme court ruling barring tonye Cole and other apc candidates is wrong....
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2019
Kennyfancy:
shup up, were u in Delta state, Election that was peaceful, no fight in Delta Central, the whole of Delta Central is for APC, so Stop deceiving urself
See this idiot talking from Lagos or where ever u are, days B4 the election I was at PTI, I knew all what happened, come lemme school you if u want to know more.
Re: Court Lacks Jurisdiction To Stop My Election, Says Omo-agege by sacx: 7:50pm On Mar 19, 2019
senatordave1:

That is the main story ,what actually transpired.but lete address the consent judgment issue.a consent judgment must involve all parties concerned. there is nothing like the ogodo faction not being properly represented.as far as they had a rep, it is a consent judgment which invalidates this new ruling.the summary is that two courts of equal standing are involved,inec will simply maintaim status quo until a superior court clears the air.

What you wrote there looks incoherent. Maybe you can modify.

@ the bolded. How come they had a rep in a suit they weren't party to in the first place?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Knew About Southern Kaduna Attack But Did Nothing - Residents / Uche Secondus Calls For The Immediate Resignation Of INEC Chairman, IGP Idris / Server Result: Atiku Denies Plan To Lead Protest Against Buhari Government, INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.