Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? (6226 Views)

Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) / Map Of Ethnic Groups In Nigeria As It Revolves From 1901- 2015 / Photo : This Lovely Boy Lost His Mum In Today's Bomb Blast ; Identity Unknown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 02, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Alright but can't argue u again, u too harsh with words but come what may, you are a Yoruba man.
God forbid. I am Edo. You really need to take your meds. Instead of going around calling people Yoruba while they are clearly not. Your Yoruba tribe was fabricated on paper by politicians. My Edo people have been known to the world since the middle ages. So just go and take your meds.

1 Like

Re: Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Yes Wikipedia.

One thing is certain sis, there might be a a conflict somewhere but edos and Yorubas are like Siamese twins even politically.

In case you are not smart enough to understand the comment which you are responding to, wikipedia is not a reliable source on African history among many other things. Ordinary people can edit those pages at will. I think you are ignorant but les ignorant than your words suggest. You are more of a lying manipulator than an ignorant fellow. You are trying to enlarge your already enlarged Yoruba fake tribe through falsehood which is how your fake tribe came to be in the first place. But your plans will not work, indeed the Edo are one of the most documented people in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2019
prolog3111:

In case you are nit smart enough to understand the comment which you are responding to, wikipedia is not a reliable source on African history among many other things. Ordinary people can edit those pages at will. I think you are ignorant but les ignorant than your words suggest. You are more of a lying manipulator than an ignorant fellow. You are trying to enlarge your already enlarged Yoruba fake tribe through falsehood which is how your fake tribe came to be in the first place. But your plans will not work, indeed the Edo are one of the most documented people in Africa.

Alright sire, I need clear and straight answer to this question

please which tribe is now more related to Edo state in terms of proximity is yoruba, igbos, Urhobo or ijaws. .
Re: Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 02, 2019
Juliusmalema:

please which tribe is now more related to Edo state in terms of proximity is yoruba, igbos, Urhobo or ijaws. .
I just wonder if your brain functions properly, asking this stupid question doesn't even make sense on its own talkless of a person who read what I wrote. I wonder what kind of backwardness brought you to this level of stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2019
prolog3111:
I just wonder if your brain functions properly, asking this stupid question doesn't even make sense on its own talkless of a person who read what I wrote. I wonder what kind of backwardness brought you to this level of stupidity.

you are a yoruba man and yoruba you will forever remain.

Imagine denial.
Re: Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? by oyatz(m): 6:20pm On Jul 02, 2019
Okay, I have heard your point. You can make your points knowns without using foul languages.

You see, no language is superior to another.
For instance,

Amen= Isee (Bini)= Asee(Yoruba)= Isee(Igbo)
King= Oba (Yoruba)= Oba(Bini)

Child= Omo(Bini)= Omo(Yoruba)= Oma(Igala)

Mouth= Enu(Yoruba)= Onu(Igbo)
Man= Okoro(Igbo)= Okunrin (Yoruba)
Okorocha (Igbo)= Okunrinpupa (Yoruba)
Stool= Akpati (Bini)=Apoti (Yoruba)= Akpati (Igbo).

All these shows that these languages might have descended from a common ancestral language and each may be original on it's own (not borrowed)

Born2Breed:

That's not his point.

The idiot actually meant those words are more yoruboid than Edoid.

Òmò
Ämen
Obò

Are not borrowed words, they are originally Edo words.

Re: Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? by oyatz(m): 6:25pm On Jul 02, 2019
All these tribes are related to the Edos but Urhobo itself is an Edoid ethnic group.

Juliusmalema:

Re: Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? by wirinet(m): 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2019
AkinEgba:
^^^^
How does a tribe create a language of its own if not influenced by others? We all know that learning new Languages as adults is one of the most difficult thing. How can a group of people from a tribe that speaks language X move away from their parent tribe and suddenly begin to speak a new Language, Y?
That's principally how languages develop. For example English developed from German language, with Latin and Dutch influences.
Re: Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? by Seetto: 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2019
german007:
A good friend of mine is "Ogoja" another tribe in Cross River state. Very hospitable and lovely people.

cool
My brother, na so ogoja people dey, that is how God created them, they are born to be nice and kind, I love them die...
Re: Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2019
oyatz:
Okay, I have heard your point. You can make your points knowns without using foul languages.

You see, no language is superior to another.
For instance,

Amen= Isee (Bini)= Asee(Yoruba)= Isee(Igbo)
King= Oba (Yoruba)= Oba(Bini)

Child= Omo(Bini)= Omo(Yoruba)= Oma(Igala)

Mouth= Enu(Yoruba)= Onu(Igbo)
Man= Okoro(Igbo)= Okunrin (Yoruba)
Okorocha (Igbo)= Okunrinpupa (Yoruba)
Stool= Akpati (Bini)=Apoti (Yoruba)= Akpati (Igbo).

All these shows that these languages might have descended from a common ancestral language and each may be original on it's own (not borrowed)

please count igbos out of that madness written above.

There is no connection whatsoever....

There is no inter relationship with those words in igbo.....not in anyway.
Re: Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2019
oyatz:
All these tribes are related to the Edos but Urhobo itself is an Edoid ethnic group.

please count igbos out the distance is far.

Edos are more related to yorubas....QED.
Re: Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? by food4tot: 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2019
Born2Breed:

That's not his point.

The idiot actually meant those words are more yoruboid than Edoid.

Òmò
Ämen
Obò

Are not borrowed words, they are originally Edo words.

Born2Breed:

Wikipedia!!?

Good day gentleman!

Questions for you

a) Are Edos and Yorubas (languages) related?

b) Is there language interaction between Edo and Yoruba?

c) Is it a coincident that Edo and Yoruba language are similar?

If you say Yes to a or b then you have defeated your argument.
If you say Yes to c, then you are deluded
Re: Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? by Born2Breed(f): 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2019
food4tot:

Questions for you

a) Are Edos and Yorubas (languages) related?

b) Is there language interaction between Edo and Yoruba?

c) Is it a coincident that Edo and Yoruba language are similar?

If you say Yes to a or b then you have defeated your argument.
If you say Yes to c, then you are deluded

You are not making sense.

Well, you lacks it anyway.
Re: Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? by orisa37: 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2019
They are Descendants of Cain.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Recommend Oteh’s Sack, Say Her Appointment Is Illegal / Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway / New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.