Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

I’m Not Contesting To Protect Daniel – Salako ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Contesting To Protect Daniel – Salako ! (1943 Views)

Three Factions Contesting Eze Ndigbo Title In Ibadan, Oyo State / I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode / PDP Governorship Candidates Contesting In February 2015 - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Contesting To Protect Daniel – Salako ! by wales(m): 5:44am On Sep 06, 2010
The Ogun State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Kunle Salako, has said he is not contesting the governorship ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party in the state in order to cover up any alleged misdeeds of the incumbent governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel.

Salako, who stated this while declaring his intention to contest the party‘s governorship ticket, on Friday in Abeokuta, said Daniel had not pushed him forward to contest as being widely speculated in the state.

The commissioner, a medical practitioner, who had also manned the Ministry of Housing and Agriculture under the current administration , is believed to enjoy a tremendous political goodwill of the governor, a factor many believed would be crucial in his political calculations.

Salako, however, dismissed the insinuation, saying the political realities in the country had made god-fatherism an unattractive political equation in the country.

He said, ”We have seen what has happened in the country in terms of god father and god child in this country. We have seen where those involved have parted ways; almost all cases in this country. Even if you put your wife in charge, her action will be dictated by the realities on the ground. So, I‘m not fronting for the governor; the truth is there is no way that I will be contesting without informing him being my principal.

”I have carried out my assessment; I have carried out a soul searching; I have spoken to my God and I‘m convinced that I have the goodwill and the qualities to make a success of this assignment. So, I‘m not here or contesting for the governorship because I want to cover up OGD; I‘m not contesting to witch-hunt anybody. My aim is to take Ogun State to the next level.”

Salako explained that his focus would be to leverage on the geographical advantages the state had by being the only state that surrounds Lagos on all sides, to fast-track the economic and industrial development of the state.

”Four of our local governments here surround Lagos: Ifo, Obafemi Owode, Ado Odo/Ota and Sagamu. This is very strategic. What we need to do is to capitalize on this to ensure rapid growth of the communities in Ogun,” said the commissioner, who added that the state was blessed with adequate natural resources.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201009051412010
Re: I’m Not Contesting To Protect Daniel – Salako ! by wales(m): 5:44am On Sep 06, 2010
For me OGD was excellent in his first term,his achievements are all over the state.Perhaps the politics of the state hindered a continuation of this feat.As for Dr Salako,am inclined to think his candidacy is divine like Goodluck.we wait and see how it plays out.
Re: I’m Not Contesting To Protect Daniel – Salako ! by supereagle(m): 6:43am On Sep 06, 2010
which senatorial zone is he from?
Re: I’m Not Contesting To Protect Daniel – Salako ! by coolguyz(m): 12:12pm On Sep 06, 2010
@wale
yes, OGD performed in his first term just as Tinubu did in lagos. but what happened in their second terms? the politics of running a "one man show" to be god-father of the state, the king maker, ego and power after office to still command homage and tributes from all and sundry made their second terms nothing to write home about as they spent it on propaganda and internal party squabbles.
Re: I’m Not Contesting To Protect Daniel – Salako ! by yewaman: 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2010
No doubt in my mind that ODG did very well in his first term, but second term is questionable! Coming to Dr. Salako’s claim, right now we have 6 or so candidates wantin to go and seat in office come 2011, the thing that amazes me about the pple from me geopolitical zone is this issue of not wanting to support each other, why cannt we the yew people) have one candidate and put weight behind him or her.

And as for cover up or not, I am not in the place to say there will be a cover up even if the next Governor by the grace of God comes or does not come from Yewa/Awori !

Yewa a gbe wa oooooo!
Re: I’m Not Contesting To Protect Daniel – Salako ! by yewaman: 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2010
No doubt in my mind that ODG did very well in his first term, but second term is questionable! Coming to Dr. Salako’s claim, right now we have 6 or so candidates wantin to go and seat in office come 2011, the thing that amazes me about the pple from me geopolitical zone is this issue of not wanting to support each other, why cannt we the Yewa/Awori people) have one candidate and put our weight behind him or her.

And as for cover up or not, I am not in the place to say there will be a cover up even if the next Governor by the comes or does not come from Yewa/Awori ! Only Time Will Tell!

Yewa a gbe wa oooooo!
Re: I’m Not Contesting To Protect Daniel – Salako ! by ayex0001: 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2010
I can never believe anytn in politics,
Re: I’m Not Contesting To Protect Daniel – Salako ! by GboyegaD(m): 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2010
As for me, I really do not know what the achievements of OGD is however, it is said that he gave Yewa land a higher institution i.e. College of Agriculture, Olabisi Onabanjo University situated inside of Comprehensive High School, Ayetoro.
A visit to the school made me know that some of our governors are shameless. The school lacks what it takes to be a higher institution no wonder, the results of the students on the campus was very poor.
I would appreciate someone to educate me on the laudable achievements of the governor all through his tenure.
Thank you,
Re: I’m Not Contesting To Protect Daniel – Salako ! by ayoola2002(m): 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2010
What acheivement are u expecting from OGD? he looted the state treasury empty and now looking for BOND, for what purpose? 99% of the state know that OGD is a looter and killer. No acheivement to write about.
GboyegaD:

As for me, I really do not know what the achievements of OGD is however, it is said that he gave Yewa land a higher institution i.e. College of Agriculture, Olabisi Onabanjo University situated inside of Comprehensive High School, Ayetoro.
A visit to the school made me know that some of our governors are shameless. The school lacks what it takes to be a higher institution no wonder, the results of the students on the campus was very poor.
I would appreciate someone to educate me on the laudable achievements of the governor all through his tenure.
Thank you,
Re: I’m Not Contesting To Protect Daniel – Salako ! by usbcable(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2010
With some of you guys sayin gbenga performed in his first term to f*ck up in the second term. I hope our dear fashola does not end up same way.
On a second note what were OGD's achievements.
Re: I’m Not Contesting To Protect Daniel – Salako ! by seanet03: 7:38pm On Sep 06, 2010
usbcable:

With some of you guys sayin gbenga performed in his first term to bleep up in the second term. I hope our dear fashola does not end up same way.
On a second note what were OGD's achievements.

RIGGING, and QUESTION
Re: I’m Not Contesting To Protect Daniel – Salako ! by teeboyseve(m): 10:04pm On Sep 06, 2010
I live is Ifo Local Government (Oke Aro) for years, He didnt do anything for that part at all, That area needed a new Bridge that connects to Berger but he wouldn't do it.he visited the area only during elections, That man is a bad governor,
Re: I’m Not Contesting To Protect Daniel – Salako ! by favouredjb(f): 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2010
at least everyone on here agreed he performed very well,during d first term

(1) (Reply)

This Is The World’s Most Comfortable Prison,would You Love To There??? Lolx! / Please Come Back Jarus! All Is Forgiven. / The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.