Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:38 AM

Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions (3234 Views)

Naija Guys In Diaspora: Can You Marry A Non-nigerian For Real? / "I Feel Bad For Men Who Have Never Date Non-Nigerian Ladies" - Man / MARRIED Woman Asking For Money From Her Ex... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2019
khiaa:

No, you're wrong that's not iiiiit. You are describing "Buck Dancing for your white daddy." grin

you see you dont understand the history of the word..... go and read about it -- coon is an euphemism used and still used by racist white people, do your research then come back and argue. what of coon songs and coon hunting.

in your own understanding, you think the word coon is an african-american word because you guys are now using it to make fun of people who have different viewpoints from yours.
Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by Parada: 4:38pm On Mar 24, 2019
Your man is either a fraud or he is done with the relationship for whatever reason best known to him. It could be due to availability of other options but when a Nigerians want you as his wife he will do everything to sustain that relationship n yes many will break up a union without a child but the only guarante against that is ensuring your girl gets pregnant n your plan your wedding around that date, at least that’s what I did.

Odabo123:
I am posting this for advice. I met the man of my dreams in Aug 2018. He is from Nigeria, he had only lived in America for 5 months when I met him. I am an American citizen but not by birth I am originally from the Caribbean. I don’t know Nigerian customs other than what he has taught me. We are both currently enrolled in university obtaining our professional degrees he is in finance sector I am in medical field. He is 34 and I am 32 neither of us are previously married or have children. It has been a wonderful romance but we have had our hiccups along the way as most couples do. My family fear he is not genuine but I do not feel this way. He has had some women as friends that I did not approve of. Nonetheless we are working through that. I have met his brother and spoken to his sisters and nieces. I love his family. They remind me of my own very solid and loving. He has only met my sister but agrees that my family seems like his. Both of our parents have been married over 50 years. The have no outside children neither of us were raised that way. We both come from Christian households and attend church together when we are not working. A month ago after we had been dating 7 months I asked him a hypothetical question. “if I could not get pregnant would this be a deal breaker?” His answer was yes it would be and further to this he informed that he would either file for divorce or get a woman outside of our marriage pregnant because kids are mandatory for him. This surprised me, I am high risk for pregnancy (he was told from the start) the plan was I would plan with my doctor and get off any medications that might hurt the baby, this did not mean I cannot get pregnant we may just need to try longer, or it might be complicated, but as with all women there is never a guarantee. I asked him for assurance that he would not step outside our relationship, if we had this issue and I would in return assure him that we would try to have as many children as he wanted. He could not give me this assurance . I asked him to let us try to get pregnant now so we could know and If I got pregnant we could get married he says he cannot get me pregnant outside of marriage.
Now he wants to end the relationship.
Is this how any Nigerian man would react or is it more likely that he is looking for an excuse to move on?
Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by Parada: 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2019
Wondered if the same love would have been enough if the dude was a broke night.
Saffi:
What’s kind of man will get divorced with someone he supposedly loves just because of something she can’t control? People don’t know the true meaning of marriage these days, baby girl please run. This man is showing you that he is incapable of handling mature situations that occur during marriage
Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by BlackSaints: 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2019
khiaa:

You are wrong, all we have to hear is Nigerian and we run for our dear lives. grin grin grin
Then why are you here?
Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by khiaa(f): 7:47pm On Mar 24, 2019
BlackSaints post=76africoons, l946359:
Then why are you here?

Alezy, he's a warrior he's not like you Africoons. grin grin grin grin
Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by BlackSaints: 8:58pm On Mar 24, 2019
khiaa:

Alezy, he's a warrior he's not like you Africoons. grin grin grin grin
Alezy is he a Nigerian or not?
Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by khiaa(f): 10:05am On Mar 25, 2019
wetdick:

you see you dont understand the history of the word..... go and read about it -- coon is an euphemism used and still used by racist white people, do your research then come back and argue. what of coon songs and coon hunting.

in your own understanding, you think the word coon is an african-american word because you guys are now using it to make fun of people who have different viewpoints from yours.

LMAO grin grin grin Look at you trying to school me on the word coon, isn't that special. You are wrong again, the word coon originated from the animal raccoon. You see, southern whites love to hunt those cute little furry creatures for their meat and their fur. I don't know if you have seen one before but they look like toy stuffed animals. I'm afraid of them tho because they carry rabies. Two of them climbed off of the mountain right into my front yard and climb up my tree. I called animal control to come and get them and they came but were too lazy to climb the tree, imagine that. Eventually, a neighbor got them down and gave them to somebody he knows that eats them (eeeeeew). You said I use the word to use against people who have different viewpoints than yours lets me know that you still don't know the meaning behind the word even though I have typed it many of times and you still don't understand its meaning. The word is not new to black Americans, we aren't just now using it to describe a certain type of person, blacks have been using that word for a hundred years.
Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by khiaa(f): 10:11am On Mar 25, 2019
Parada:
Wondered if the same love would have been enough if the dude was a broke night.

He's a college student so he probably is a broke knight. Broke men deserve love too. undecided
Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by khiaa(f): 10:26am On Mar 25, 2019
BlackSaints:
Alezy is he a Nigeria or not??

Yes, Alezy is Nigerian, there are a lot of Nigerians that are cool on nairaland I just don't like you Nigeriancoons. grin grin grin
Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by PolymathDave(m): 12:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
khiaa:

Yes, Alezy is Nigerian, there are a lot of Nigerians that are cool on nairaland I just don't like you Nigeriancoons. grin grin grin
You are so judgemental about nigerians.Ofcourse, not to everyone but you are so cold about a vast majority of nigerians here on nl and people you haven't even met.Has your mind been poisoned by all the negative views by the media about nigerians?
Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 25, 2019
khiaa:

LMAO grin grin grin Look at you trying to school me on the word coon, isn't that special. You are wrong again, the word coon originated from the animal raccoon. You see, southern whites love to hunt those cute little furry creatures for their meat and their fur. I don't know if you have seen one before but they look like toy stuffed animals. I'm afraid of them tho because they carry rabies. Two of them climbed off of the mountain right into my front yard and climb up my tree. I called animal control to come and get them and they came but were too lazy to climb the tree, imagine that. Eventually, a neighbor got them down and gave them to somebody he knows that eats them (eeeeeew). You said I use the word to use against people who have different viewpoints than yours lets me know that you still don't know the meaning behind the word even though I have typed it many of times and you still don't understand its meaning. The word is not new to black Americans, we aren't just now using it to describe a certain type of person, blacks have been using that word for a hundred years.

Miss we are not talking about raccoon the animal here, stop trying to change the topic here. when black americans commit crimes or act victimize and we go to govt data and bring out facts, you go crazy and act like someone who is not uneducated. we can not all agree with you when data proves otherwise.

i have told you already, when you write, you write like a coon that believes his/her ignorance is truth, you are the slave that doesnt know she is in slavery.

AA have been using the word "coon" for hundred of years, so i am thinking were did they learn the word from, was is not from their white masters who enslaved them, infact where did you learn english from, was it not also from your white masters you hate, when your ancestors was brought to america, were you guys speaking english or saying the word coon.

in my previous comments with you, i defined coon now let me define another term created by the "white man" you hate but love using their words

coon hunting- a racist expression referring to seeking to recapture escaped slaves or searching for African-Americans to victimise or assault
coon songs- a genre of music that presented a stereotyped image of black people, just like rap music especially mumble rap
Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2019
Odabo123:
I am posting this for advice. I met the man of my dreams in Aug 2018. He is from Nigeria, he had only lived in America for 5 months when I met him. I am an American citizen but not by birth I am originally from the Caribbean. I don’t know Nigerian customs other than what he has taught me. We are both currently enrolled in university obtaining our professional degrees he is in finance sector I am in medical field. He is 34 and I am 32 neither of us are previously married or have children. It has been a wonderful romance but we have had our hiccups along the way as most couples do. My family fear he is not genuine but I do not feel this way. He has had some women as friends that I did not approve of. Nonetheless we are working through that. I have met his brother and spoken to his sisters and nieces. I love his family. They remind me of my own very solid and loving. He has only met my sister but agrees that my family seems like his. Both of our parents have been married over 50 years. The have no outside children neither of us were raised that way. We both come from Christian households and attend church together when we are not working. A month ago after we had been dating 7 months I asked him a hypothetical question. “if I could not get pregnant would this be a deal breaker?” His answer was yes it would be and further to this he informed that he would either file for divorce or get a woman outside of our marriage pregnant because kids are mandatory for him. This surprised me, I am high risk for pregnancy (he was told from the start) the plan was I would plan with my doctor and get off any medications that might hurt the baby, this did not mean I cannot get pregnant we may just need to try longer, or it might be complicated, but as with all women there is never a guarantee. I asked him for assurance that he would not step outside our relationship, if we had this issue and I would in return assure him that we would try to have as many children as he wanted. He could not give me this assurance . I asked him to let us try to get pregnant now so we could know and If I got pregnant we could get married he says he cannot get me pregnant outside of marriage.
Now he wants to end the relationship.
Is this how any Nigerian man would react or is it more likely that he is looking for an excuse to move on?

He is a Yoruba guy, isn't he?
Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by khiaa(f): 12:51pm On Mar 25, 2019
wetdick:

Miss who is talking about raccoon the animal here, stop trying to change the topic here. when black americans commit crimes or act victimize and we go to govt data and bring out facts, you go crazy and act like someone who is not uneducated. we can not all agree with you when data proves otherwise.

i have told you already, when you write, you write like a coon that believes his/her ignorance is truth, you are the slave that doesnt know she is in slavery.

in my previous comments with you, i defined coon now let me define another term created by the "white man" you hate but love using their words coon hunting- a racist expression referring to seeking to recapture escaped slaves or searching for African-Americans to victimise or assault
coon songs- a genre of music that presented a stereotyped image of black people, just like rap music especially mumble rap

The bolded originated from them hunting raccoon that is where they took the term coon hunting from then later placed it on blacks. Coon is what they called us because we are black, it has nothing to do with rap music or recapturing slaves. I said a hundred years ago not hundreds of years ago. The whites would hunt blacks to hang them just to make themselves feel better about themselves and they still do. I suggest you stay off of Wikipedia. Why don't you go to your government data and see who commits the most crime over there? It seems so stupid that you people would believe the words of the people who run a country that was founded on and became wealthy because of their known white racist system. I wonder could they really be that dumb or are they just being prideful.
Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by khiaa(f): 1:13pm On Mar 25, 2019
PolymathDave:
You are so judgemental about nigerians.Ofcourse, not to everyone but you are so cold about a vast majority of nigerians here on nl and people you haven't even me[b]t.Has your mind been poisoned by all the negative views by the media about nigerians?
[/b]

The media isn't powerful enough to poison my mind about a group of people but it sure had no problem poisoning a lot of Nigerian minds about black Americans. The only Nigerians you see me giving shade to are the ones who came at me first, I figure if they can give it they can take it and I enjoy giving it back. grin If you treat me like shyt expected to be treated the same way. The ones that are cool with me I have a heart of gold for, the ones who aren't they can go to well, you the rest.
Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
khiaa:

The bolded originated from them hunting raccoon that is where they took the term coon hunting from then later placed it on blacks. Coon is what they called us because we are black, it has nothing to do with rap music or recapturing slaves. I said a hundred years ago not hundreds of years ago. The whites would hunt blacks to hang them just to make themselves feel better about themselves and they still do. I suggest you stay off of Wikipedia. Why don't you go to your government data and see who commits the most crime over there? It seems so stupid that you people would believe the words of the people who run a country that was founded on and became wealthy because of their known white racist system. I wonder could they really be that dumb or are they just being prideful.

arguing with you is like arguing with a dead horse, it is time wasting and consuming.
Re: Non Nigerian Asking For Opinions by BlackSaints: 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2019
khiaa:

owk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peace. / She Has Gap Tooth & Wants To Suck My Stick..is It Safe?? / Is This An Insult Or Love? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.