Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Whats More Important: Looks Or Personality? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whats More Important: Looks Or Personality? (6241 Views)

Are You More Into Looks Or Brain / Body Or Personality / What Do Women Prefer- Looks Or Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Whats More Important: Looks Or Personality? by Nainai: 12:51am On Jan 20, 2011
IMO, I wouldn't lie, it's hard to get past looks but this is how I see it. One can either have a physical flaw or a character flaw, irregardless of how you view it, a flaw is a flaw and to be human is to err, everyone has flaw. People with physical flaw (ie ugly) just have an evident flaw, whereas attractive people have flaws too but it's better hidden, because as humans we are all living a hypocritical life seeking PERFECT humans when we ourselves, well, if you know yourself or aren't in denial or anything, are imperfect by nature. And it's up to you to decide whether you accept physical flaw or character flaw, but to me a flaw is a flaw, character flaw measures up to physical flaw to me. In a case where you're a basketball player, you may value physicality and overlook character flaws, but in a case where you'reĀ  a pastor then you may NOT opt to use looks as a determinant of who is who because your wife may be sexing it up behind your back, cuz the girl is hot but never learned value of self-respect, ya see? Anyways everyone HAS flaws, some just have it more conspicuous unfortunately, less hidden, and this translates into the bad appearance. This is where you get the idea of bad personality good looks or bad looks good personality theory from. People who know their flaw is evident like that will ensure themselves in not getting any other character flaws, they'll work harder to be nicer, smarter, funnier, charming, outgoing, etc. But people who know their flaw is hidden in their heart/character would care less. To find a person who values the development of their character even though they're beautiful is rare i.e. the only one I can think of in Hollywood: Beyonce Knowles. And if you're self aware enough or intelligent enough to know YOUR own flaws, then there is no problem overlooking other people's flaws, especially the physical, unhidden flaws ie bad looks. When one knows themselves and knows their flaws then they will be more tolerant of the flaws in others.

Cheers my friends~
Re: Whats More Important: Looks Or Personality? by blakbarbie: 4:07am On Jan 20, 2011
lol thats easy, for me personality, a gorgeous person can have ugly traits and thereby become very ugly.
Re: Whats More Important: Looks Or Personality? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 26, 2011
queeneve:

Personality is more important to me,

I struck gold when I married my husband, HE IS FIOOOONE AND HAS A GREAT PERSONALITY!

I want to say I am the inhibitor of his wonderful personality, I have that charm! grin

so. . . you're saying You make him a worse-off person? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sh1t Happens.................................................. / I Am Sexually Attracted To My Close Friend! What Do I Do? / Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.