Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,454 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London (47208 Views)

Audu Ogbeh: We Must Make Peace Or We Lose The North / Audu Ogbeh Emerges ACF Chairman / Lai Mohammed, Audu Ogbeh And Fashola Funny Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by amzee(m): 9:15am On Mar 29, 2019
Jamestown123:
Ohh u must be my dad then. Bleeping goat.
Suicide is the best option for you cos you are as useless as a rag.
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Celomosa: 9:15am On Mar 29, 2019
But wait a minute,are people now saying that he lied,even if he met what he said?That you can't does not mean there are no people doing it.I know one who did that on his girlfriend birthday.

1 Like

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by OyinO: 9:18am On Mar 29, 2019
As for this one, Audu Ogbe is on point 100%. What he's trying to highlight is importation of everything including those that can be manufactured in Nigeria to provide Platforms of Self Employment, increase GDP and Internal Revenue Generation. He just used the pizza example as a simple case study or example. But most empty headed humpty-dumpties went to sit on a high horse to see only the pizza without the message behind the pizza. That pizza that is tasteless and useless to the molecular structure, tissues and cells of a melanated African body. Rubbish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Jamestown123: 9:20am On Mar 29, 2019
amzee:

Suicide is the best option for you cos you are as useless as a rag.
haha u are pained bruh go rest.

1 Like

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by OyinO: 9:24am On Mar 29, 2019
laudate:

Guy, most of what Audi Ogbeh is flaunting in the agricultural sector, were NOT initiated by him or even executed under his watch. Adewunmi Adesina the former Agriculture Minister did most, or all of those things. sad

Audu Ogbeh goofed with his reference to importing pizza over the phone, from London. undecided If you know anything about international logistics especially with regards to cooked food, you will know that it is far easier to fly in a chef to make the pizza in Nigeria, than to airfreight it from a restaurant in London to Nigeria.

As for this one, Audu Ogbe is on point 100%. What he's trying to highlight is importation of everything including those that can be manufactured in Nigeria to provide Platforms of Self Employment, increase GDP and Internal Revenue Generation. He just used the pizza example as a simple case study or example. But most empty headed humpty-dumpties went to sit on a high horse to see only the pizza without the message behind the pizza. That pizza that is tasteless and useless to the molecular structure, tissues and cells of a melanated African body.
The man is saying something crucial about socioeconomic quagmire but typical Naija youths will use their grievances against APC to tarnish everything with political sentiment and mumbo jumbo of political jigoism. Later you'll be the ones to say there are no available jobs in Naija, which is why you all are rushing to Europe like bees. Rubbish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by mknigeriagreat: 9:26am On Mar 29, 2019
olisaEze:

And everybody in Nigeria is now rich & eccentric enough to fly in prepared food by air? People that r still in sifia pains on d price of fuel for their cars and generators r the ones that u and d minister r talking about abi!?

I stay and work here in Abuja I can't really speak for other international airports. But let me tell you the truth friend, you need to speak with people working at the airport here in abuja. What Nigerians spend on frivolities is alarming. Yes people order perishable items from Uk mostly because of the 6 hours flight into abuja most times. I am not defending anyone but let me give you a case I was part of. Years back when Deziani was still in shell before her first ministerial appointment. Whenever she was coming into Abuja, two weeks before(watch my lips) two weeks before her arrival date from either PH or Lagos, she had this loved presidential suite on the executive 10th floor in Transcorp Hilton she likes staying and the suite must have been booked and paid for two weeks before she comes and money start counting. On so many occasions, she never came. And the accommodation was charged and paid. So when she went gaga during her days as the petroleum minister I wasn't surprised.

See at a time, her son was supporting Arsenal football club, he will fly down to north London to watch a match and come back after the match to Abuja. I knew about his land logistics so that gave me opportunity to this info. People are crazy for things from abroad and that is why this government has been preaching local content for some time now. Just my own opinion.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by bluecircle470: 9:27am On Mar 29, 2019
tribalistseun:
All Buhari minister are all dumb like him. Empty brains

You’re all the dumb one here. You guys are so dumb that you couldn’t get the import of what the minister was saying.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by OyinO: 9:32am On Mar 29, 2019
JeromeBlack:

British Airways does not arrive in the morning.

And by 6hrs plus, your pizza would have changed taste.
Nigerians import pizza. Stop the biased sentiments. Nigerians import it just to show off or impress whether the taste changes to soured amala or agidi. People who suck poosea don't do so because of taste but just to impress. I rest my case.
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by lexy2014: 9:33am On Mar 29, 2019
OyinO:
As for this one, Audu Ogbe is on point 100%. What he's trying to highlight is importation of everything including those that can be manufactured in Nigeria to provide Platforms of Self Employment, increase GDP and Internal Revenue Generation. He just used the pizza example as a simple case study or example. But most empty headed humpty-dumpties went to sit on a high horse to see only the pizza without the message behind the pizza. That pizza that is tasteless and useless to the molecular structure, tissues and cells of a melanated African body. Rubbish!

So who is he complaining to? What has his office done to change d trend? Wasn't he d one who proposed importing grass from Brazil to feed cows? How does that increase GDP?

2 Likes

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 29, 2019
amzee:
I wish i can see you face-to-face so that i can slap sense into your head. Hunger infested boy.
when did you become Patrick Evra
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by olisaEze(m): 9:56am On Mar 29, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

I stay and work here in Abuja I can't really speak for other international airports. But let me tell you the truth friend, you need to speak with people working at the airport here in abuja. What Nigerians spend on frivolities is alarming. Yes people order perishable items from Uk mostly because of the 6 hours flight into abuja most times. I am not defending anyone but let me give you a case I was part of. Years back when Deziani was still in shell before her first ministerial appointment. Whenever she was coming into Abuja, two weeks before(watch my lips) two weeks before her arrival date from either PH or Lagos, she had this loved presidential suite on the executive 10th floor in Transcorp Hilton she likes staying and the suite must have been booked and paid for two weeks before she comes and money start counting. On so many occasions, she never came. And the accommodation was charged and paid. So when she went gaga during her days as the petroleum minister I wasn't surprised.

See at a time, her son was supporting Arsenal football club, he will fly down to north London to watch a match and come back after the match to Abuja. I knew about his land logistics so that gave me opportunity to this info. People are crazy for things from abroad and that is why this government has been preaching local content for some time now. Just my own opinion.

My broda I respect ur opinion and I’m not arguing against the eccentricities of the rich & famous. The clamor for local content development predates this administration as I still remember Goddy K. Obi’s 1989 hit song Wetin Dey for Sokoto e Dey for shokoto. I’m only against the impression that all is so well for d average Nigerian that hustles to eat 2square meals a day that he can now get on his phone and order pizza from abroad just like that! Wetin concern the teeming populace wit pizza? How many out of our almost 200million citizens can do that!?
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by OnyesomJ(m): 9:57am On Mar 29, 2019
How does Pizza Relates to Agriculture

He don’t know his Duty, Na dem dem
Herdsman and Cattles
( Buhari and His Illiterates Ministers)
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by enemyofprogress: 10:09am On Mar 29, 2019
I like pizza pass akpu
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by mknigeriagreat: 10:25am On Mar 29, 2019
olisaEze:

My broda I respect ur opinion and I’m not arguing against the eccentricities of the rich & famous. The clamor for local content development predates this administration as I still remember Goddy K. Obi’s 1989 hit song Wetin Dey for Sokoto e Dey for shokoto. I’m only against the impression that all is so well for d average Nigerian that hustles to eat 2square meals a day that he can now get on his phone and order pizza from abroad just like that! Wetin concern the teeming populace wit pizza? How many out of our almost 200million citizens can do that!?

I think his statement was kind of figurative. He wasn't really referring to all of us although me self go like dey order from Toronto self grin grin grin grin grin. You know when people say Nigerians are very impatient people doesn't mean all of us. How many people dey fly plane self talk more of ordering pizza from Jand. To me he might not be a brilliant mind like Adesina in his days at the ministry of Agriculture but if you take time to read through Audu ogbe's full statement, he made very serious and valid points which I share with him.
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by MrJanuzaj: 10:27am On Mar 29, 2019
neonly:

Why do you pple like abuse someone parent for no reason can it be you never respected yurs or they failed you hmmmmm

Really? So Audu Ogbe and BUHARI are not peoples parents abi. Ohhh sh.ut up your hypocritical mouth please
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Bewiseedet(m): 10:27am On Mar 29, 2019
NOC1:
If you people have not met crazy people I have, i don't doubt him a bit that some Nigerians order pizza from abroad.
I have a friend who's dad do pay for cooked beans from Ghana high restraunt Lagos and they will fly it to Abuja or Delta state.

On Fridays we will buy the beans, take it to airport for it to be delivered to him.
Some Nigerians are sick, when I raised this issue yesterday someone told me of a popular person who gets his bread from London.
abi na your money?
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by seborrhic: 10:31am On Mar 29, 2019
laudate:

If you know anything about international logistics especially with regards to cooked food, you will know that it is far easier to fly in a chef to make the pizza in Nigeria, than to airfreight it from a restaurant in London to Nigeria.
I am really stunned some fools can believe that age challenged minister.
How do you pass it through customs at the British airport?
Where do u store it?In your bag,in a box or a hot box?
Some things said are just plainly st upid,one begins to doubt if indeed it's not true that some blackmen have a brain deficit.

3 Likes

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by cr7lomo: 10:35am On Mar 29, 2019
Gforce2019:

It's a lie. The pizza they sell in Domino store, do you know how long they being keeping it? Yet people still buy it

Chaiiii....u just disgraced urself and ur entire family....wow grin grin grin....it's certain u hv never bought one b4 but u came here to comment... instead of u to respect urself and just read posts...u decided to disgrace urself grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by SarkinYarki: 10:36am On Mar 29, 2019
NOC1:
If you people have not met crazy people I have, i don't doubt him a bit that some Nigerians order pizza from abroad.
I have a friend who's dad do pay for cooked beans from Ghana high restraunt Lagos and they will fly it to Abuja or Delta state.

On Fridays we will buy the beans, take it to airport for it to be delivered to him.
Some Nigerians are sick, when I raised this issue yesterday someone told me of a popular person who gets his bread from London.

you still don't get the point
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by cr7lomo: 10:40am On Mar 29, 2019
tomju:
For those of you who may be ignorant of the facts, Audu Ogbeh remains one of the most effective Buhari's minister. Looks at his background educationally, look at his success in ministry of Agriculture, even his interview on the senate floor when he was being cleared as a minister.Today, Nigeria's total food production has increased. Audu Ogbeh spoke with facts and figures to back up his points, as he did during that senate clearance. His performance was sterling. Now to the Pizza issue, do you know how pizza is made?, From flour mainly and vegetables or marine species! Now those are agricultural produce. He was saying we are not growing enough corn,vegetables etc, so that there seems to be a lack of enough agricultural produce, some Nigerians even import pizza with their phones from London. This one is true. It clearly shows the minister is connected to reality. He knows what's going on. Some people will take a statement from someone and read out of context. You can draw an example from mundane things to drive home your points. Its a literary skill. If you know you know. Some of the boys criticising him here do not have basic WAEC! They English the write is terrible, the grammer nauseating, yet they are the first to fire a shot. #lazynigerianyouth

Stop disgracing ur family abeg...u just typed a long epistle to show how inept u are...they are a lot of local people on NL sha
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Dantedasz(m): 10:43am On Mar 29, 2019
Gforce2019:

It's a lie. The pizza they sell in Domino store, do you know how long they being keeping it? Yet people still buy it

I doubt if you know what pizza is.
The pizza sold at Domino store is only prepared in the oven when you request and pay for it.
It takes about 10-25 minutes to prepare.

1 Like

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by cr7lomo: 10:43am On Mar 29, 2019
buhariguy:
help me ask those jobless aggressive lazy ipob if Nigerians don't import common toothpick.

Is toothpick edible?? How can u compare toothpick to pizza that is ready to eat...use ur brain na abeg.,. tomorrow they will tell u they import Shawama and u will believe

1 Like

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by cr7lomo: 10:51am On Mar 29, 2019
Shayooluwah:

You've got a point. But the people that I believe are indulged in such acts, do not care about money. The act in itself is penny wise and pound foolish. I mean why order a pizza for only God knows how much and still pay a hefty price for the transportation, when you can get it for less than 5k. Dominoes Pizza is not that bad na Baba. But then again they do not care about the monetary implication.

As to food quarantine customs bla bla. This is Nigeria. If you know your way and have the means. You can basically get away with anything. That has been proven to us times without number.

As to the condition of the pizza, leave that to the preference of the person who ordered it. I like that you mentioned a cooler can be used. I'll also like to point out that a fridge can also be used. If the person likes it fresh or not that's his business, if he liked fresh pizza he won't have been ordering it from a country a time zone away. And he can always warm it by the time he receives his not so fresh pizza.

The point remains that ordering pizza from U.K to Nigeria is very possible, and I believe some money miss roads might be involved in the act.

To buttress my point I'll add a personal experience. Back when I was still in Junior school, when pizza was not yet a big deal in Nigeria. A family friend returning from the U.S bought pizza before boarding their flight, they did not finish it, so they kept it. By the time they got to Nigeria and we had gone to visit them. They brought out the box of pizza warmed it and we enjoyed it.

So tell me once again why some overly eccentric person cannot order a box of pizza and have it delivered to him in Nigeria. Shebi na him get him money.

Ordering pizza is different from bringing in pizza when u travel...it's absurd saying someone imports pizza...Hu will the pizza company give it to ?...the air hostess abi pilot or captain... does it mk sense to u?? Or mayb they will settle a passenger.....i just don't get...
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by ajagidiagbo1(m): 10:52am On Mar 29, 2019
People don't just use their brain again in NL. BA is not denying it, in fact they stated the obvious indirectly.
GlorifiedTunde:
I don't get all the comments above, has BA denied the allegation? undecided

I think it's high time we stopped being petty over issues.

I wouldn't be surprised if what this minister said is true, and that really causes for concern.
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by cr7lomo: 10:55am On Mar 29, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

That one is different...pizza is absurd...that's foolish to say
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by jbtobsyn(m): 10:59am On Mar 29, 2019
NOC1:

Lagos to Abuja is same country and Pizza can't last the time it will take to get here. Stop lying jare. Use your school knowledge.
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by mknigeriagreat: 11:26am On Mar 29, 2019
cr7lomo:

That one is different...pizza is absurd...that's foolish to say

Now I put two questions to you.

1. Did you ever know someone flies out of the country every weekend to watch matches in London?
2. Do you believe it or not that people actually order items like pizza from outside the country?

In what way is this different from pizza? Who is even spending more? They courier the pizza to you and another person if taking a private jet to and fro to watch a match? Not commercial plane private. I also spoke about someone that has paid for a suite in Transcorp two weeks before her arrival you think na joke to sleep in Transcorp hotel? First floor per night is almost 50k without room services or feeding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by OyinO: 11:52am On Mar 29, 2019
lexy2014:

So who is he complaining to? What has his office done to change d trend? Wasn't he d one who proposed importing grass from Brazil to feed cows? How does that increase GDP?
That's a different topic for another day. You may hate the messenger but don't hate the message. Brazil cow grass deal was never supported or hailed by any reasonable Nigerian including myself. I never said Brazil cattle grass importation will increase GDP. Go read my comment again and maybe use glasses this time around. Also leave the bush area. Pizza importation from UK or elsewhere by Nigerians and cattle grass importation by blinded government are not the same. This is a different issue of pizza importation and socioeconomic quagmire. Why use the bad ones to rubbish the good one?

1 Like

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Joszy92(m): 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2019
Yes! The minister was actually right but how do we stop it when our leaders are going to London for medical treatment, the same leaders are sending their children to schools abroad.
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by lexy2014: 1:01pm On Mar 29, 2019
OyinO:

That's a different topic for another day. You may hate the messenger but don't hate the message. Brazil cow grass deal was never supported or hailed by any reasonable Nigerian including myself. I never said Brazil cattle grass importation will increase GDP. Go read my comment again and maybe use glasses this time around. Also leave the bush area. Pizza importation from UK or elsewhere by Nigerians and cattle grass importation by blinded government are not the same. This is a different issue of pizza importation and socioeconomic quagmire. Why use the bad ones to rubbish the good one?

Which topic is a "different topic for another day"? Can u b more specific? Were in my comment suggests "hating d messenger"? What has hate got 2do with d discussion?

U seem 2b talking from both sides of ur mouth. What is d difference between "Pizza importation from UK or elsewhere by Nigerians and cattle grass importation by blinded government" which u say they aren't d same thing.

If d minister proposed importation of grass(which u say wasn't supported by any reasonable Nigerian), then how competent is he to condemn importation of pizza? How does a man who believes in importing something as trivial as grass be about this: "What he's trying to highlight is importation of everything including those that can be manufactured in Nigeria to provide Platforms of Self Employment, increase GDP and Internal Revenue Generation",

If u were reading with ur glasses& u weren't inside a bush, u would have noticed this

lexy2014:

So who is he complaining to? What has his office done to change d trend?

In his defence, u said this:

"What he's trying to highlight is importation of everything including those that can be manufactured in Nigeria to provide Platforms of Self Employment, increase GDP and Internal Revenue Generation"

He is d minister of agriculture. What has he done to create self employment thru agrobusiness so as to reduce importation in order to provide platforms of self employment, increase GDP& IGR?

1 Like

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by brightalo17: 1:11pm On Mar 29, 2019
olisaEze:

Oga u know how to understand well well! Did d Minister use the word ‘some’ or just ‘Nigerians’? U sounded like u were trying to justify his inability to defend his ministry’s budget with an anecdote about a friend’s father! What does pizza have to do with his ministry’s budget, is it a cash crop!?
You are too bias, have you ever said some Nigerians are suffering? all you do say is it not Nigerians are suffering ? na today you will come and want the use of some to be included abi? smh.
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by cr7lomo: 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

Now I put two questions to you.

1. Did you ever know someone flies out of the country every weekend to watch matches in London?
2. Do you believe it or not that people actually order items like pizza from outside the country?

In what way is this different from pizza? Who is even spending more? They courier the pizza to you and another person if taking a private jet to and fro to watch a match? Not commercial plane private. I also spoke about someone that has paid for a suite in Transcorp two weeks before her arrival you think na joke to sleep in Transcorp hotel? First floor per night is almost 50k without room services or feeding.

Guy...all what you are saying don't make sense.... someone flying every weekend to watch a match to totally different.... the premiership can't b played in Nigeria.... ordering a pizza that they sell here from London is absurd....no person will do that cos its very foolish.... The question is hu will bring it in floor u?? Or u will also pay a return ticket for the person to deliver cold pizza when u can get a fresh one for 5k max here...u sef reason am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs / Desperation Must Not Make You Forfeit Your Right - Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Obi / Mr. Jollof Dumps APC For PDP (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.