Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,616 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London (47213 Views)

Audu Ogbeh: We Must Make Peace Or We Lose The North / Audu Ogbeh Emerges ACF Chairman / Lai Mohammed, Audu Ogbeh And Fashola Funny Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Akolawole(m): 1:57pm On Mar 29, 2019
amzee:
The Benue dullard appointed by the Daura President.
What a Tragedy.
This man needs to be replaced with someone like former Agriculture minister Akinwumi Adeshina.

Baba Audu had been terrific to the Country. However, I am not sure of pizzagate though!

1 Like

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Mrjo(m): 2:11pm On Mar 29, 2019
NOC1:

Did you know what led to the statement? Someone will make 1 hour speech, you guys will make your point with 30seconds comment.
Where did you read that he did not defend his budget, you are making me to sound like his defender.
no matter what statement he is making the pizza story didn't add up or is it sin to buy what you want wherever you like?
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Yoighaman(m): 3:20pm On Mar 29, 2019
Smart British Airways....they dodged the question.
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Yunus2012(m): 3:44pm On Mar 29, 2019
olisaEze:

Oga u know how to understand well well! Did d Minister use the word ‘some’ or just ‘Nigerians’? U sounded like u were trying to justify his inability to defend his ministry’s budget with an anecdote about a friend’s father! What does pizza have to do with his ministry’s budget, is it a cash crop!?

So if he says Nigerians, it means all Nigerians? Logic bros, logic.
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Ziggylady(f): 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2019
Gforce2019:

It's a lie. The pizza they sell in Domino store, do you know how long they being keeping it? Yet people still buy it

You have clearly never bought a Pizza from Dominos cos when you order,it is prepared right in your presence

2 Likes

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Ziggylady(f): 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2019
cr7lomo:

Chaiiii....u just disgraced urself and ur entire family....wow grin grin grin....it's certain u hv never bought one b4 but u came here to comment... instead of u to respect urself and just read posts...u decided to disgrace urself grin grin grin

Honestly,the guy is one local fowl opportuned to have a cheap andriod phone with Daily 10mb Data smiley...He even called it "Dominos Stores" cheesy

Most APC zone-bs are as unexposed and dumb as they come.

2 Likes

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by IprintMONEY: 5:31pm On Mar 29, 2019
tjadeba:

But do you order it through an app as a service or ask a friend/family to buy when coming down here
i order as a service. I don't have friends . All my friends are female hoes. gay. Bleep and go
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by OyinO: 6:31pm On Mar 29, 2019
lexy2014:

Which topic is a "different topic for another day"? Can u b more specific? Were in my comment suggests "hating d messenger"? What has hate got 2do with d discussion?

U seem 2b talking from both sides of ur mouth. What is d difference between "Pizza importation from UK or elsewhere by Nigerians and cattle grass importation by blinded government" which u say they aren't d same thing.

If d minister proposed importation of grass(which u say wasn't supported by any reasonable Nigerian), then how competent is he to condemn importation of pizza? How does a man who believes in importing something as trivial as grass be about this: "What he's trying to highlight is importation of everything including those that can be manufactured in Nigeria to provide Platforms of Self Employment, increase GDP and Internal Revenue Generation",

If u were reading with ur glasses& u weren't inside a bush, u would have noticed this

In his defence, u said this:

"What he's trying to highlight is importation of everything including those that can be manufactured in Nigeria to provide Platforms of Self Employment, increase GDP and Internal Revenue Generation"

He is d minister of agriculture. What has he done to create self employment thru agrobusiness so as to reduce importation in order to provide platforms of self employment, increase GDP& IGR?

Ego is a blindfolded. I never said what you said is not correct but it is not right to condemn one right statement due to a thousand other wrong statements in the past. Pizza importation makes no sense but turns our country into a dumping ground just because some people want to show off. After all, we can produce it here if we wanted to. Thanks!
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by laudate: 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2019
Shayooluwah:

You did not specify which inspection officers you were referring to. I know be spirit how I go know.

And why do you presume the pizza has to be unaccompanied. Whoever paid for the order can also have a random Joe accompany his box of Pizza. Even if it means he has to pay a little more.

There's no flawless agency in the world, British or Nigerian. Once you know the inner workings of the system you can bend it how you like.

Despite what you believe it is still very do able for the people that have the means. Everyone is claiming the Minister is saying nonsense. My reason for defending him is, how do you know it's not true? You don't know everything that goes on in the country, someone from a vantage point now says something, but because it sounds improbable you begin to call him all sorts of names. Not nice

No need to get angry. Shalom brother.
Angry, kè? Over what? A Nigerian minister's random musings? Never! Who get that time? shocked
Just for the record, I NEVER called Audu Ogbeh names. Maybe you have me mixed up with someone else. shocked

Let's break it down to basics. I clearly mentioned 'food quarantine people in the UK' in the second paragraph of my previous post. Please read it again.

And all through my post, I made reference to flying in cooked food from a foreign country into Nigeria. There are checks conducted at foreign airports on any kind of edible food to be exported, or imported. Stringent checks. sad

Only processed, canned food may be exempted, based on the fact that the health authorities abroad within that country, have done their due diligence before it gets to the airport, to certify that the food is fit for consumption. undecided

The fact that anything is acceptable in Nigerian airports, does not mean the same thing happens in a foreign airport, especially in Western countries.

Secondly, you claim that the person who ordered the pizza from London, can also ask a random Joe to accompany the pizza to Nigeria. Really?? So according to you, a person would book a full airline ticket that costs thousands of naira, to get one random Joe on an international flight, just to bring pizza that costs less than one-thirtieth of a full passenger's economy ticket, simply because he wants to eat pizza in Nigeria? Abeg, let me laugh very well at the ridiculousness of the situation. cheesy

What stops such a person from hopping on to a plane to London, to visit his favourite pizza joint to eat the stuff? grin

How much does pizza cost in London, again? grin

1 Like

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by laudate: 6:43pm On Mar 29, 2019
lexy2014:
So who is he complaining to? What has his office done to change d trend? Wasn't he d one who proposed importing grass from Brazil to feed cows? How does that increase GDP?
Good question! cheesy

1 Like

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by lexy2014: 6:45pm On Mar 29, 2019
OyinO:

Ego is a blindfolded. I never said what you said is not correct but it is not right to condemn one right statement due to a thousand other wrong statements in the past. Pizza importation makes no sense but turns our country into a dumping ground just because some people want to show off. After all, we can produce it here if we wanted to. Thanks!

And did I say u said I wasn't correct? If pizza importation is turning our country into a dumping ground, it still boils down 2d questions I asked ages ago which u have been avoiding like leprosy:

"So who is he complaining to? What has his office done to change d trend?"

Is it like u still without ur glasses or u still in d bush that u didn't c these questions?

1 Like

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Shayooluwah(m): 7:11pm On Mar 29, 2019
laudate:

Angry, kè? Over what? A Nigerian minister's random musings? Never! Who get that time? shocked
Just for the record, I NEVER called Audu Ogbeh names. Maybe you have me mixed up with someone else. shocked

Let's break it down to basics. I clearly mentioned 'food quarantine people in the UK' in the second paragraph of my previous post. Please read it again.

And all through my post, I made reference to flying in cooked food from a foreign country into Nigeria. There are checks conducted at foreign airports on any kind of edible food to be exported, or imported. Stringent checks. sad

Only processed, canned food may be exempted, based on the fact that the health authorities abroad within that country, have done their due diligence before it gets to the airport, to certify that the food is fit for consumption. undecided

The fact that anything is acceptable in Nigerian airports, does not mean the same thing happens in a foreign airport, especially in Western countries.

Secondly, you claim that the person who ordered the pizza from London, can also ask a random Joe to accompany the pizza to Nigeria. Really?? So according to you, a person would book a full airline ticket that costs thousands of naira, to get one random Joe on an international flight, just to bring pizza that costs less than one-thirtieth of a full passenger's economy ticket, simply because he wants to eat pizza in Nigeria? Abeg, let me laugh very well at the ridiculousness of the situation. cheesy

What stops such a person from hopping on to a plane to London, to visit his favourite pizza joint to eat the stuff? grin

Like I said, the people that fall in that category are some overly eccentric money miss roads unlike the two of us. Their rationale is beyond what I can explain.

1 Like

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Ugosample(m): 12:01am On Mar 30, 2019
NOC1:
If you people have not met crazy people I have, i don't doubt him a bit that some Nigerians order pizza from abroad.
I have a friend who's dad do pay for cooked beans from Ghana high restraunt Lagos and they will fly it to Abuja or Delta state.

On Fridays we will buy the beans, take it to airport for it to be delivered to him.
Some Nigerians are sick, when I raised this issue yesterday someone told me of a popular person who gets his bread from London.

I won't say they are sick

it's called Vanity Spending

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by OyinO: 1:15am On Mar 30, 2019
lexy2014:

And did I say u said I wasn't correct? If pizza importation is turning our country into a dumping ground, it still boils down 2d questions I asked ages ago which u have been avoiding like leprosy:

Is it like u still without ur glasses or u still in d bush that u didn't c these questions?

When I told you to leave the bush, I forgot to realise that the bush is already in you. There's no way to leave such because it follows the fellow everywhere they go. You're so biased in judgement that you want to use your ego and grievances to rubbish a clear point. Myopic reasoning got you pondering over my statement and concluding out of rash impulse. If I say pizza importation will turn or turns out country into a dumping ground, does it mean it is ONLY PIZZA being imported that will turn our country into a dumping ground? Hell NO! Using our currency to buy petty goods which we can manufacture domestically is what I'm referring to. Pizza is like a case study. Besides, I'm not responsible for your paranoia. Don't vent your Naija frustration on me pls. I need healthy debates so I can learn.
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by lexy2014: 1:52am On Mar 30, 2019
OyinO:

When I told you to leave the bush, I forgot to realise that the bush is already in you. There's no way to leave such because it follows the fellow everywhere they go. You're so biased in judgement that you want to use your ego and grievances to rubbish a clear point. Myopic reasoning got you pondering over my statement and concluding out of rash impulse. If I say pizza importation will turn or turns out country into a dumping ground, does it mean it is ONLY PIZZA being imported that will turn our country into a dumping ground? Hell NO! Using our currency to buy petty goods which we can manufacture domestically is what I'm referring to. Pizza is like a case study. Besides, I'm not responsible for your paranoia. Don't vent your Naija frustration on me pls. I need healthy debates so I can learn.

I have noticed that when some folks run out of things 2 say on social media, they resort spilling their emotions & engaging in personal attacks. All u have said above in no way addressed these simple questions:

lexy2014:

If u remember vividly, they were among d four questions I asked u d very first time. But u have been avoiding them like leprosy despite I have put d questions 2u four times. based on ur level intelligence, u don't need all this plenty grammar 2 answer 2 simple questions. They are d crux of d matter. maybe u are scared if u answer them they will puncture ur argument.

1 Like

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by OyinO: 2:06am On Mar 30, 2019
lexy2014:

I have noticed that when some folks run out of things 2 say on social media, they resort spilling their emotions & engaging in personal attacks. All u have said above in no way addressed these simple questions:

If u remember vividly, they were among d four questions I asked u d very first time. But u have been avoiding them like leprosy despite I have put d questions 2u four times. based on ur level intelligence, u don't need all this plenty grammar 2 answer 2 simple questions. They are d crux of d matter. maybe u are scared if u answer them they will puncture ur argument.

I'm done. As for the questions, they were asked with so much rudeness and disrespect. Intelligent and learned fellows don't act like that. Therefore, I'll provide no answers to questions that were packaged with hot spices of sentimental and open attack. Thanks! If you like insult me from now till the end of 2050, it will be like pouring water into basket and expecting it to get filled with water.
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Nobody: 2:10am On Mar 30, 2019
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by lexy2014: 6:34am On Mar 30, 2019
OyinO:

I'm done. As for the questions, they were asked with so much rudeness and disrespect. Intelligent and learned fellows don't act like that. Therefore, I'll provide no answers to questions that were packaged with hot spices of sentimental and open attack. Thanks! If you like insult me from now till the end of 2050, it will be like pouring water into basket and expecting it to get filled with water.

Sorry to disappoint u but i don't insult people on social media. I don't allow my emotions 2 get d better of me like u have allowed yours to get d better of u. So I won't condescend 2 ur level as far as engaging in personal attacks. I believe in discussing & sticking with d issues. I will also b glad if u can produce any statement I made that was an "open attack", whatever that means.

U are only trying 2 save face. D questions u said were asked in "were asked with so much rudeness and disrespect. Intelligent and learned fellows don't act like that."

Maybe d meaning of "rudeness" & "disrespect" have changed or u are using a special custom made dictionary that defines words 4u differently. Let me remind u of d questions:

lexy2014:

[b]"So who is he complaining to? What has his office done to change d trend?"[/b]Wasn't he d one who proposed importing grass from Brazil to feed cows? How does that increase GDP?

This was my very first response 2u. U shaved off d first 2 questions & u stuck with d Brazilian grass question. If d questions "were asked asked with so much rudeness and disrespect", then u shouldn't have engaged me in a conversation at all. So ur excuses are quite lame 4 someone as intelligent as u claim.

U talked about how "intelligent & learned fellows" behave. Since u think u are in that bracket, maybe u can shed some light especially how "intelligent & learned fellows" react when they run out of things 2 say. Do they go on a barrage of personal attacks on a person they are having a conversation with? Do they get emotional cos they are too sentimentally attached 2a topic if discussion? I don't no. Pls tell me cos those are d characteristics u have exhibited

1 Like

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by OyinO: 8:24am On Mar 30, 2019
lexy2014:

I don't insult people on social media. I don't allow my emotions 2 get d better of me like u have allowed yours to get d better of u. So I won't condescend 2 ur level as far as engaging in personal attacks. I believe in discussing & sticking with d issues. I will also b glad if u can produce any statement I made that was an "open attack", whatever that means.

U are only trying 2 save face. D questions u said were asked in "were asked with so much rudeness and disrespect. Intelligent and learned fellows don't act like that."

Maybe d meaning of "rudeness" & "disrespect" have changed or u are using a special custom made dictionary that defines words 4u differently. Let me remind u of d questions:

This was my very first response 2u. U shaved off d first 2 questions & u stuck with d Brazilian grass question. If d questions "were asked asked with so much rudeness and disrespect", then u shouldn't have engaged me in a conversation at all. So ur excuses are quite lame 4 someone as intelligent as u claim.

U talked about how "intelligent & learned fellows" behave. Since u think u are in that bracket, maybe u can shed some light especially how "intelligent & learned fellows" react when they run out of things 2 say. Do they go on a barrage of personal attacks on a person they are having a conversation with? Do they get emotional cos they are too sentimentally attached 2a topic if discussion? I don't no. Pls tell me cos those are d characteristics u have exhibited

Your ego and hubristic insolence keep resurfacing whenever you start typing. Your comments are still laced with sentiment and open attack, but who cares? Those two questions are simple questions. 1. The so-called Minister complaining to the Nigerian people or citizens is useless because his office has not done much to change the trend. But his office has done a little by placing ban on the importation of products like frozen chicken while placing high import duties on some others (esp Agro products) as well in order to discourage importation and encourage or promote domestic production of the target items which we have a comparative advantage to produce on home soil rather than importing them. These policies and consequent ban led to an agricultural revolution that saw many unemployed Nigerian youths talking into the agricultural sector, and making income or fortune via livestock, poultry and fish production that has impacted the domestic economy and internal trade to a very large extent.
As for importing grass from Brazil to feed cattle in the proposed Ranching projects, I already made my stance known from the onset that it was futile, useless and unjustifiable. It was an ethnic bias policy that stemmed from trying to tackle pastoral Fulani Killer Herdsmen clashes with farmers. Yet it was a wrong and very fruitless proposal. HOWEVER, conclusively, I still let you know from the onset that every other errors, mismanagement, unreasonable submissions and counterproductive decisions he must have exhibited and executed in the past is not enough reason to dismiss a valid point with a wave of the hand. For a thousand errors and failures in the PAST CANNOT UNDERMINE OR RULE OUT the validity of one good step, statement made, or decision taken in the PRESENT. Quote me anywhere!
Again, I laugh out loud when you say I have run out of words or what to say or contribute. Well, every fellow is entitled to their own opinion. That I chose to keep silent is not a sign of weakness or that you're making too much sense that silenced me. You have only ended up running away from the main subject matter and succeeded in establishing a new topic so as to shift the battle ground to where it will favour you. Anyways, accept my apologies if you feel I insulted you. Sorry for any vulgar comments I made.
And I stand here to put it across to you that importing pizza from UK or elsewhere into Nigeria is counterproductive and a useless attempt to show off wealth and dumb high profile status which will never benefit our economy and business space socioeconomically and otherwise. I rest my case. Enjoy your weekend.
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by OyinO: 8:34am On Mar 30, 2019
laudate:

Abegi, shift make I see front clearly jare. You're here telling us about checks conducted on imported foods, but you've quickly forgotten how many varieties of expired, condemned and diseased food keep coming into Nigeria on a per minute basis. You just want to show yourself. What you're saying is not related to the subject matter. I eat nutritious food that tastes better and which vitalises my body cells, tissues and organs, and not tasteless and useless pizza just because I'm trying to impress some parasites or show class. Take ya pizza elsewhere. Colonial mentality. Just to win argument and allow yourself to be seen as a paper tiger, you are even quoting and unquoting what I never said. How is that different from SARS accusing innocent suspects? Later you'll cry out that #EndSARS# whereas you're the sars you're trying to end in vain. Did I say this or you're quoting someone else?
"Secondly, you claim that the person who ordered the pizza from London, can also ask a random Joe to accompany the pizza to Nigeria."
When did I say that?
You've digressed far and wide into the bush just to win an argument. I hereby declare your submissions invalid, petty and uses less for public consumption!
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by lexy2014: 11:04am On Mar 30, 2019
OyinO:

Your ego and hubristic insolence keep resurfacing whenever you start typing. Your comments are still laced with sentiment and open attack, but who cares? Those two questions are simple questions. 1. The so-called Minister complaining to the Nigerian people or citizens is useless because his office has not done much to change the trend. But his office has done a little by placing ban on the importation of products like frozen chicken while placing high import duties on some others (esp Agro products) as well in order to discourage importation and encourage or promote domestic production of the target items which we have a comparative advantage to produce on home soil rather than importing them. These policies and consequent ban led to an agricultural revolution that saw many unemployed Nigerian youths talking into the agricultural sector, and making income or fortune via livestock, poultry and fish production that has impacted the domestic economy and internal trade to a very large extent.
As for importing grass from Brazil to feed cattle in the proposed Ranching projects, I already made my stance known from the onset that it was futile, useless and unjustifiable. It was an ethnic bias policy that stemmed from trying to tackle pastoral Fulani Killer Herdsmen clashes with farmers. Yet it was a wrong and very fruitless proposal. HOWEVER, conclusively, I still let you know from the onset that every other errors, mismanagement, unreasonable submissions and counterproductive decisions he must have exhibited and executed in the past is not enough reason to dismiss a valid point with a wave of the hand. For a thousand errors and failures in the PAST CANNOT UNDERMINE OR RULE OUT the validity of one good step, statement made, or decision taken in the PRESENT. Quote me anywhere!
Again, I laugh out loud when you say I have run out of words or what to say or contribute. Well, every fellow is entitled to their own opinion. That I chose to keep silent is not a sign of weakness or that you're making too much sense that silenced me. You have only ended up running away from the main subject matter and succeeded in establishing a new topic so as to shift the battle ground to where it will favour you. Anyways, accept my apologies if you feel I insulted you. Sorry for any vulgar comments I made.
And I stand here to put it across to you that importing pizza from UK or elsewhere into Nigeria is counterproductive and a useless attempt to show off wealth and dumb high profile status which will never benefit our economy and business space socioeconomically and otherwise. I rest my case. Enjoy your weekend.

U are tendering an apology but u still decided to call me egoistic & insolent. Which one do I respond to? As long as my ego& insolence hasn't been insulting, I don't c how it should b a problem? Just like u said am entitled to my opinion, is d same way u are entitled 2 yours. If u think that by attacking my person& calling me names, u are going 2 make urself feel good, feel free. Am just finding it difficult reconciling d apology with d "ego & insolence" introduction in d same comment.

U talked about "agricultural revolution". Where's d revolution? B4 Audu Ogbeh became minister, did Nigeria have a food problem? Was there any time since 1960 u heard that Nigeria had a food problem? What is being done now that hasn't been done b4 in terms of poultry, livestock, farming & fishing that u mentioned? D fish, turkey& chicken u buy from cold room, were they harvested in Nigeria?

I don't c y d minister should complain 2d Nigerian people that Nigerians are importing pizza from London. Since he has put in place policies which u say places ban on d importation of frozen products, they should also cover d importation of pizza. If he feels pizza importation isn't helpful, y hasn't he used his office to ban pizza importation? That's d issue.

Every leader is supposed 2 have moral authority. Even if he says something meaningful today, he will still b held accountable 4d comments he made in d past. Were there's no consistency in what he said in d past& d present, then u cannot but call to question such a leaders credibility. Its like after Buhari said medical tourism is wrong&that he will stop it, then he travels out 4 medical treatment. i can't now come& say forget about d fact that he is going abroad 4 medical treatment & focus on his statement that medical tourism is bad. If a leader says something is wrong, then he or she should lead by example. U can't tell people that importing pizza is wrong& u want 2 import grass. People will string u up.

I don't think anyone on this thread has said that importing pizza is good 4 Nigeria. I am yet to c that comment on this thread. What people questioned is whether it was possible or if d minister wasn't exaggerating. My own query was that what was d minister doing 2 correct d situation. Right now, I don't think u& I can confidently say he is doing anything in that regard. Cheers

1 Like

Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by laudate: 6:19pm On Mar 30, 2019
OyinO:
Abegi, shift make I see front clearly jare. You're here telling us about checks conducted on imported foods, but you've quickly forgotten how many varieties of expired, condemned and diseased food keep coming into Nigeria on a per minute basis. You just want to show yourself. What you're saying is not related to the subject matter. I eat nutritious food that tastes better and which vitalises my body cells, tissues and organs, and not tasteless and useless pizza just because I'm trying to impress some parasites or show class. Take ya pizza elsewhere. Colonial mentality. Just to win argument and allow yourself to be seen as a paper tiger, you are even quoting and unquoting what I never said. How is that different from SARS accusing innocent suspects? Later you'll cry out that #EndSARS# whereas you're the sars you're trying to end in vain. Did I say this or you're quoting someone else?
"Secondly, you claim that the person who ordered the pizza from London, can also ask a random Joe to accompany the pizza to Nigeria."
When did I say that?
You've digressed far and wide into the bush just to win an argument. I hereby declare your submissions invalid, petty and uses less for public consumption!
Madam, my last post was not addressed to you, but to Shayooluwa. undecided If you read carefully through my exchanges with him, you will see that I responded to specific comments he raised.

You claim I said that
I used this comment to illustrate a point I made to Shayooluwa, and NOT to you. Or is your username now Shayooluwa? I don't get it, o! When did I say you made such a comment?

I spoke about bringing cooked food into Nigeria from the UK. Instead of reading my comments with some measure of understanding, you decided to get your knickers in a twist and launch a hate-filled rant. shocked

Expired food coming into Nigeria, is not something I mentioned in my previous post, or condoned. Those who bring it in, hardly fly such things in through the UK airports from London to Lagos, do they? Or do you have proof that they do so? shocked

Expired, diseased or contaminated food can also be sold by unscrupulous individuals to corrupt Nigerian importers, in different countries. So both the foreign seller and corrupt importer should share the blame. Check the labels of such goods and you will see the countries responsible for such reprehensible acts. undecided

Most of the seizures of expired food I have read about, have been done in Nigeria. Such food were stored in importers' warehouses until they expired, or were not cleared from sea ports until the expiry date had gone past. If the food had not expired at the time of export from the foreign country, but was left to rot on arrival instead of being cleared quickly, whose fault is that? sad

Can you see that all the digressing far and wide into the bush, just to win an argument is solely coming from your end?

Please try to refrain from launching your rants in my direction, simply because you want to vilify any one who does not support Audu Ogbeh. From my experience, politicians are all the same. They are masters of the sound bite who enjoy playing to the gallery. All talk and little action.
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by OyinO: 9:20pm On Mar 30, 2019
laudate:

Madam, my last post was not addressed to you, but to Shayooluwa. undecided If you read carefully through my exchanges with him, you will see that I responded to specific comments he raised.

You claim I said that
I used this comment to illustrate a point I made to Shayooluwa, and NOT to you. Or is your username now Shayooluwa? I don't get it, o! When did I say you made such a comment?

I spoke about bringing cooked food into Nigeria from the UK. Instead of reading my comments with some measure of understanding, you decided to get your knickers in a twist and launch a hate-filled rant. shocked

Expired food coming into Nigeria, is not something I mentioned in my previous post, or condoned. Those who bring it in, hardly fly such things in through the UK airports from London to Lagos, do they? Or do you have proof that they do so? shocked

Expired, diseased or contaminated food can also be sold by unscrupulous individuals to corrupt Nigerian importers, in different countries. So both the foreign seller and corrupt importer should share the blame. Check the labels of such goods and you will see the countries responsible for such reprehensible acts. undecided

Most of the seizures of expired food I have read about, have been done in Nigeria. Such food were stored in importers' warehouses until they expired, or were not cleared from sea ports until the expiry date had gone past. If the food had not expired at the time of export from the foreign country, but was left to rot on arrival instead of being cleared quickly, whose fault is that? sad

Can you see that all the digressing far and wide into the bush, just to win an argument is solely coming from your end?

Please try to refrain from launching your rants in my direction, simply because you want to vilify any one who does not support Audu Ogbeh. From my experience, politicians are all the same. They are masters of the sound bite who enjoy playing to the gallery. All talk and little action.

I'm just knowing that it was a different dude. But your conclusion shows you're not different from my targeted recipient. You went too far. Habaa! Have I seen this and maintained my stance? I made a mistake, and I'm sorry for that. It flashed on my Nairaland "Mentions" list. The problem was due to Nairaland errors. Anyways, accept my sincere apologies for the mix-up.
Having said that, let it be known that I am NOT a Woman. And if I bite you, it's a Pitbull bite. But I don't have anything against you.
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by OyinO: 11:17pm On Mar 30, 2019
lexy2014:

U are tendering an apology but u still decided to call me egoistic & insolent. Which one do I respond to? As long as my ego& insolence hasn't been insulting, I don't c how it should b a problem? Just like u said am entitled to my opinion, is d same way u are entitled 2 yours. If u think that by attacking my person& calling me names, u are going 2 make urself feel good, feel free. Am just finding it difficult reconciling d apology with d "ego & insolence" introduction in d same comment.

U talked about "agricultural revolution". Where's d revolution? B4 Audu Ogbeh became minister, did Nigeria have a food problem? Was there any time since 1960 u heard that Nigeria had a food problem? What is being done now that hasn't been done b4 in terms of poultry, livestock, farming & fishing that u mentioned? D fish, turkey& chicken u buy from cold room, were they harvested in Nigeria?

I don't c y d minister should complain 2d Nigerian people that Nigerians are importing pizza from London. Since he has put in place policies which u say places ban on d importation of frozen products, they should also cover d importation of pizza. If he feels pizza importation isn't helpful, y hasn't he used his office to ban pizza importation? That's d issue.

Every leader is supposed 2 have moral authority. Even if he says something meaningful today, he will still b held accountable 4d comments he made in d past. Were there's no consistency in what he said in d past& d present, then u cannot but call to question such a leaders credibility. Its like after Buhari said medical tourism is wrong&that he will stop it, then he travels out 4 medical treatment. i can't now come& say forget about d fact that he is going abroad 4 medical treatment & focus on his statement that medical tourism is bad. If a leader says something is wrong, then he or she should lead by example. U can't tell people that importing pizza is wrong& u want 2 import grass. People will string u up.

I don't think anyone on this thread has said that importing pizza is good 4 Nigeria. I am yet to c that comment on this thread. What people questioned is whether it was possible or if d minister wasn't exaggerating. My own query was that what was d minister doing 2 correct d situation. Right now, I don't think u& I can confidently say he is doing anything in that regard. Cheers

Okay. Sorry for any negative and derogatory comments or remarks I made towards your person. You have made valid points, and that doesn't mean I'm wrong either. We're all saying the same things in different ways. However, if a minister happens or decided to ban citizens of his country from importing pizza, it would be given totally different definitions. I rest my case. Remain great. Namaste!
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 07, 2019
Leopantro:

so for 6 straight hours you will be rehearing pizza and still have the stomach to eat it.
please tell me more

What if its a frozen pizza or a raw pizza... people don't have ovens?

My friend gets some of her cultural food from 9ja every few months so why is it so hard to believe?

Although, you have to declare it because of environmental health reasons...
Re: British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London by Tahtah: 5:56am On May 14, 2019
VivaDeAngelo:

Parent Trap
ks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Photo Of Fayose With Fayemi Shows Why You Should Not Fight For Politicians / Goodbye To Twitter In Nigeria - Adamu Garba Mocks Twitter After Suspension / Diezani Alison-madueke Appears In UK Court - BBC Correspondent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.