Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta (8919 Views)

Militants Disrupt Elections In South Ijaw / Jonathan's Campaign Office Accused Of Releasing $20,000 To Disrupt Buhari's Talk / PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by sirp2007: 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2010
IBB and his cohort re disillusion.
Am nt surprise that some idiots re supporting him after all dokpesi is campaigning for him.We have their kind everywhere, remember those that said a thief should be free and Christ crucify in d bible days.
Know that some pples mind re twisted,they will continually support evil for whatever reasons.
Ibb Will not,i repeat will nt rule tis country again, the only way he can rule tis country again is to re-live 1985-1993 in his memory that is if he has one.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2010
mikeansy:

We have to be careful in this country. Now it is very cool to violently disrupt the activities of those who campaign for IBB. I also hear that MEND have declared Raymond Dokpessi persona non-grata in the Niger-Delta.

Folks must remember that nobody has monopoly of violence. What if Boko Haram decide to terrorise all supporters on Jonathan or any Southerner in the North?? We will simply have catalysis in our hands.

The Jonathan Presidency and Campaign should rise to the occassion and condemn this kind of behaviour.

The best way to stop any candidate is to vote against them. Bullying people who vote or support certain candidates is TERRORISM.

Is that your own definition of terrorism ? I will like to see more humiliation being meted out on IBB.rubbish
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Is that your own definition of terrorism ? I will like to see more humiliation being meted out on IBB.rubbish

what do you understand by Terror?
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by GeorgeD1(m): 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2010
ibb-[b]i[/b]nternationally [b]b[/b]randed [b]b[/b]uffoon! grin
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by yeswecan(m): 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2010
who funded the students that stormed No. 22, Oke-Ilewo Road to destroy IBB's campaign? self funded.  I do not think so they came with six buses and I am certain someone is behind this. They ought to be in police custody, I mean the students if Nigeria knows herself. Under the Nigeria Constitution IBB has a right to contest, so do I, he has right to associate and converge . I am sure the campaign did not trespass on anyone’s property EVEN if they did students are not in the right position to open the book.  

It is not necessary to say I am not a supporter of IBB but I will declare it here and now. Personally, I think he is bad news and has nothing to offer- this is my opinion and I do not expect everyone to share that with me. I will register my view on Election Day- that is the beauty of democracy. You do not have to bully someone with unlike opinion, the voting will tell who is the people’s choice.

It is funny how we support the politics of “anything goes” just because we are at the receiving end. The Nigerian way of intimidating an opponent is arrant nonsense- illegal in a democratic setting and shows how immature we are collectively.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by yeswecan(m): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2010
You bully someone to step down by force because you disagree with them. what a smart way to gain authority and folks keep wondering how we came to this. We cannot move forward not until we learn to play politics in a civil manner. Since it is do or die, hooligans will keep finding their way to the top.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 10, 2010
mikeansy:

what do you understand by Terror?
From my point of view,there is no element of terrorism in what they did,so you are wrong to use that word.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by yeswecan(m): 6:19pm On Sep 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

From my point of view,there is no element of terrorism in what they did,so you are wrong to use that word.

this is first class terrorism, i guess you employed the American/media use and expected them blow up themselves before you class them as one.

terrorist [/b]a radical who employs terror as a political weapon;
(wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn)

[b]terrorism
the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear (wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn)
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2010
yeswecan:

this is first class terrorism, i guess you employed the American/media use and expected them blow up themselves before you class them as one.

terrorist [/b]a radical who employs terror as a political weapon;
(wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn)

[b]terrorism
  the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear (wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn)
The United Nations has defined terrorism as any act ''intended to cause DEATHS and SERIOUS BODILY HARM to CIVILIANS or NON-COMBATANTs with the purpose of intimidating a POPULATION or compelling a government or international organization to do or abstain from doing an act''.

now go through the UN defintion and still tell me those students are terrorists when they've neither caused any death or bodily harm to the civilian populace and their action is to stop just a man from contesting election and that man does not fall into the category of population,government or international bodies.I guess every protests is also any act of terrorism too,wtf
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by kcblast(m): 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2010
People dey surprise me o,after been butchered by a soulless barbaric man.They still follow him like a hopeless house fly.
& i still over heard one poster,saying,it is northerners turn 4 presidency. So tell me wat makes it northerners turn.
All d norths are d same; greedy creatures
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by kcblast(m): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2010
That's not terrorism but freedom fighting.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by maltinal(m): 7:51pm On Sep 10, 2010
yah,greatest nigerian students.we would not vote him.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Ibomade1: 8:13pm On Sep 10, 2010
[b]Mr Evil Genius [/b]this is the reception he will receive in all the Western States of Nigeria.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by abbeyadet: 8:45pm On Sep 10, 2010
My problem is if our votes or opinions will ever count in this country. the guy is not disturbed whether people like him or not.
the other time he was on face book, curses were rained on him, the fan page was removed and yet he is still forging ahead. I pray God intervenes!
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 10, 2010
abbey_adet:

My problem is if our votes or opinions will ever count in this country. the guy is not disturbed whether people like him or not.
the other time he was on face book, curses were rained on him, the fan page was removed and yet he is still forging ahead. I pray God intervenes!
You mean his facebook page has been closed down ? Wow,that guy is doomed
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 10, 2010
I believe this guy hasnt spread enough money hence the failures. Like James Ibori said No Nigerian can resist his gifts. cool
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Solomon227(m): 9:08pm On Sep 10, 2010
@ Abbey

Dont b surprised my broda. dat just show u he is human and he has weaknesses.he believes he needs to cont campaigning and contesting to prove he is not a coward like many of us are insinuating wen he claim he stepped down 4 Yaradua in 2007. He is so angry and desperate now dat he wil not b able to reason well until GEJ dust him @ PDP primaries. Dat is wen he wil realise dis is not 1985 and GEJ is in charge.

I can assure u dat PDP primaries wil simply b rigged in GEJ favour judging by recent events. And d Evil 1 wil b demystied finally, he wil then decide to play a spoiler because it wil b too late for him to get a platform to win a nationwide election.

The rest story wil den b if GEJ wants to win an election by force or wants Buhari to win in a free and fair contest as most northerner will line up bhind Buhari
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by yeswecan(m): 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

The United Nations has defined terrorism as any act ''intended to cause DEATHS and SERIOUS BODILY HARM to CIVILIANS or NON-COMBATANTs with the purpose of intimidating a POPULATION or compelling a government or international organization to do or abstain from doing an act''.

now go through the UN defintion and still tell me those students are  terrorists when they've neither caused any death or  bodily harm to the civilian populace and their action is to stop just a man from contesting election and that man does not fall into the category of population,government or international bodies.I guess every protests is also any act of terrorism too,wtf

The world terrorism has been in existence before the creation of United Nations. It is simply any calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear. . The act of this so-called learners falls into this sort. Now I can understand why this is so hard for you to comprehend. They had to be doing the right thing after all its IBB’s campaign that was invaded.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2010
yeswecan:

The world terrorism has been in existence before the creation of United Nations. It is simply any calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear. . The act of this so-called learners falls into this sort. Now I can understand why this is so hard for you to comprehend. They had to be doing the right thing after all its IBB’s campaign that was invaded. 

What is civil disturbance,insurrection,hooliganism,revolt. . .you left all these words and you jumped into terrorism.guy,you dey fall my hand.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by NAJALYN: 9:34pm On Sep 10, 2010
Lest we forget by anonimi pertially recounts attrocities committed by Ibb. And now he is frantically fighting to come back. God gave him opportunity to rule this Country and he failed woefully. Like someone rightly said, he will re-live 1983 - 1993 in his memory, if he has one. He used thugs against the Ogun State University Students. This is enough proof that the man plans to come to unleash a reign of terror, more terrible than what he did before. Thank God President Goodluck Jonathan has come to rescue Nigerians from Ibb and people like him. Even his fellow Northerners have pledged support for President Goodluck Jonathan. All pretending to support Ibb are getting their own share of the National Cake. They will continue to deceive him until he comes to his senses. Opportunity comes but once. Ibb has lost his. So let him bow out honourably rather than make a mighty fool of himself. NAJALYN
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by lekanbar(m): 9:38pm On Sep 10, 2010
SMH, Nigeria God help us

http://lekanbaruwa.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Mauricemoh: 12:24am On Sep 11, 2010
This evil man call Babangida is taking us for a ride, All Nigeria youth should rise up against this old, archaic and dictator, his mission is to come and die in power, at age of almost 70 years i dont know what the evil man is looking for. Apart from annuling the world adjudged freest and credible election in Nigeria, This man is the architect of corruption, drug pushing and 419 and many vices, My prayer is that the Almighty God will never let him come back to power again, in Jesus name (amen). Nigeria is bigger than any individual, All Nigeria should resist Babangida Presidency
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by xammy(m): 1:02am On Sep 11, 2010
combat ready

Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by jason12345: 1:28am On Sep 11, 2010
xammy:

combat ready
grin grin grin grin grin grin
but seriously if ibb becomes president naija has a serious problem
i mean i would prefer if obj or jona continues as president or let say a cripple angry angry angry angry
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by seedord247(m): 7:18am On Sep 11, 2010
I can't say anything for now
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by bidemi12(m): 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2010
I think IBB is the man for this country. He has demonstrated that he is trust worthy and !!!!! yeeeeee!!!! what am i saying? IBB's apologist are using juju on me oooo. DEATH TO IBB AND HIS COHORTS. Yes, thats more like it.  grin
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by seanet02: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2010
@kettyking, Folks like you are the ropes used by the elite cartel to tied the Nation from moving forward, so you expect Your evil genius to win any free and fair election in Nigeria? Dude it can only happen in your village, are you talking about the north and east which your satanic drug baron lock their children out of the university for 1 (one solid) year (enough for you to learn what is called June 12) or eastern sun rise. Both you and your evil genius will WOEFULLY.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by sulad82i(m): 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2010
[size=14pt]Politics is a dirty game. Expect nothing less from all these politricians[/size]
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Lawalemi(m): 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2010
I wish all NANS Chapters resist him this way.
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by Eboski(m): 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2010
He ruin nigeria when he was in office kil innocent pple. U can neva Bleep ashawo twice.we can't be decieve twice in dis country.ibb should go and die include his followers who tink he's the best candidate 2 rule their family,but not nigeria.i rest my case til 2011
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by honsule(m): 1:24am On Sep 12, 2010
Eboski:

He ruin nigeria when he was in office kil innocent pple. U can neva bleep ashawo twice.we can't be decieve twice in dis country.ibb should go and die include his followers who tink he's the best candidate 2 rule their family,but not nigeria.i rest my case til 2011

GBAM!!! True yarn my brother cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Students Disrupt Ibb Camapign Again In Abeokuta by preselect(m): 5:59am On Sep 12, 2010
@yeswecan
thank you for showing some sense. i was wondering if everybody has gone crazy in nigeria. i'll rather those students use their energy and enthusiasm to turn out en masse on election day, and more importantly guard their votes and make sure no one steals the ballot box and that the elections are not rigged. if we start using violence to block the rights of politicians we dont like, we may be setting a horrendous precedence that may haunt us for decades if not centuries.

turn out en masse, use ur vote, protect our votes, vote them out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna Refinery resumes production in December - NNPC / Facts About Aba In Abia State- Pictures / Who Is This Man That Is Always Close To President Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.