Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists (27579 Views)

I Won't Stop Criticising Buhari - Obasanjo / It’s Now All About Nigerians Vs Buhari - Obasanjo / 'My Transition Hours': Jonathan Invites Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku To Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:42pm On Apr 01, 2019
He still dey pain baba

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Ratello: 8:42pm On Apr 01, 2019
frowland:

Put your money where your mouth is. 500k, name your escrow. Thank you.
I hope you are for real!
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by enemyofprogress: 8:42pm On Apr 01, 2019
Baba e don do now, come chop kolanut and rice

1 Like

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by colestephan86: 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2019
cheerfulpraise:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has defended his endorsement of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

He said despite the fact that Atiku lost to President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC), he remains “far better” than the incumbent.

The elder statesman spoke on Sunday evening when the Southwest PDP leaders led by the party’s National Vice Chairman (South West), Dr Eddy Olafeso, visited him at his Pent-House Residence within the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL), Abeokuta, Ogun State.

In attendance at the meeting were Senate Minority Leader, Biodun Olujimi; Senators-elect Oyo South Kola Balogun; Ondo Central Ayo Akinyelure; Rep-elect (Ibarapa North and Central), Hon Ajibola Muraina; former Osun State Governor Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola; former Minister for State for Defence Erelu Olusola Obada and PDP gubernatorial candidate in Ekiti State 2018 election, Prof Olusola Eleka.

He said: “Politically speaking, you can’t be my friend if you don’t buy into the Nigeria’s project. For me, till death, I will continue to push for a better Nigeria.

“I said if you compare the two of them (referring to Atiku and Buhari) with what I know and all I have written about the incumbent, which they have decided to cover up, Atiku is better than the incumbent by far. That’s the point I am making. And nobody is perfect.

“I am not a perfect person. I have my shortcomings. If I deny my shortcomings, it means I am not being truthful to myself.

“But, my shortcomings have nothing to do with my love for Nigeria. It has nothing to do with being greedy or selfishness.”

Obasanjo told his guests Nigerian situation demands a vibrant voice and opposition in PDP to engender a virile democracy.

The former Head of States also bemoaned the failure of leadership, saying Nigeria can’t move forward “if we continue the way we are.”

He urged the PDP to purge itself of “bad eggs and hypocrites,” whom he said, lacked commitment to return the opposition party to its lost glory.

Obasanjo lamented many of the PDP leaders are still preoccupied with what ministers to “their pockets and stomach,” wondering why some of them left the party while others lost hope the seconds the results of 2019 Presidential election were announced.

Obasanjo, whose Coalition for Nigerian Movement(CNM) failed to provide a formidable force to unseat President Muhammadu Buhari and his the All Progressives Congress(APC) at the centre, advised PDP to purge itself of “hypocrites and bad eggs.”

He noted the purging exercise would put the party on a higher pedestal to scout for those he called “critical mass of committed people,” who “would be ready to stand with the party come rain, come shine.”

Obasanjo said: “I knew PDP would lose election in 2015 because it was clear. And I knew PDP will need to be rebuilt after losing the election.

“You need what I call critical mass of committed people, and come rain, come shine they are committed. With that, you can make Nigeria better.

“You see peoples’ faces beautiful but you don’t know what each person harbours inside of him.

“If you discover a bad egg, remove such a person. And if such person has learnt his or her lessons there can still be room to accommodate the person.”

Also at the meeting were former Lagos Deputy Governor Kofoworola Bucknor-Akerele; former Deputy National Chairman Shuaibu Oyedokun; PDP Governorship candidate in 2017 Ondo State Governorship election, Eyitayo Jegede SAN among others.

http://thenationonlineng.net/atiku-far-better-than-buhari-obasanjo-insists/

Obj we are tired of what you know or think about Mr lifeless, let's hear gowon , abubaka, and ibb share their tales too

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by sureheaven(m): 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2019
Useless yeye old man speaking from both sides of mouth.

Go and write another book and describe to the whole world the good side of atiku that made you insisted he can't be president. shocked

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by frowland(m): 8:45pm On Apr 01, 2019
grandstar:
Atiku's policies were pro-business and pro-investment

Buhari is a leftist populist whose economst policies has crippled the Nigerian economy. The Economist said another 4years of Buhari means a lost decade of economic growth.
Look, you cannot have a SOLID investment without power, good roads, transport system and security.
Atiku might be better but if you believe there will be economic turn around under 4 years I will say you are naive.
I don't need to start breaking this down but one thing is sure, Atiku will still have to continue the infrastructure programs already on ground. Investors won't drive on bad roads, or insecurity and all.
Remember when roads re constructed at night? Those days are long gone. Well unless you are one of the indomie generation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Samnavy: 8:47pm On Apr 01, 2019
True talk
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by israelmao(m): 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2019
No fortuneteller or soothsayer need to know that.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by frowland(m): 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ratello:

I hope you are for real!

Do I look like I am joking? Name your escrow or meet up anywhere in Lagos. I don't want to make too much noise here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by fredoooooo: 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2019
In Stealing of course ... Aremu your opinion no count on this , Majority of Nigerians don decide ..

Sai Baba Buhari
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by IMASTEX: 8:50pm On Apr 01, 2019
Dannyset:
Did somebody just say Atiku will win at the court? Table tennis court or basketball court?
Lol. . .Abeg help me ask am oh. E clear say many are still leaving in the moon
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by pluto123: 8:50pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ratello:
This is the truth and I am too sure of one thing, Atiku will prevail at the court against Buhari and will be sworn in as the rightful President of Nigeria
you And I No Its A Dream That Can Never Come True,hv U Forgotten Buhari Has Installed His Pupet As The CJN?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Glink2018(m): 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ratello:
This is the truth and I am too sure of one thing, Atiku will prevail at the court against Buhari and will be sworn in as the rightful President of Nigeria

.... for your dream. You better wake up. It is 9:50pm
Too early to start dosing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by zoedew: 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2019
Empty man!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2019
frowland:

Look, you cannot have a SOLID investment without power, good roads, transport system and security.
Atiku might be better but if you believe there will be economic turn around under 4 years I will say you are naive.
I don't need to start breaking this down but one thing is sure, Atiku will still have to continue the infrastructure programs already on ground. Investors won't drive on bad roads, or insecurity and all.
Remember when roads re constructed at night? Those days are long gone. Well unless you are one of the indomie generation.

You mean there was a time in this country when roads where constructed at night in NIGERIA
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by grandstar(m): 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2019
frowland:

Economies like Nigeria at this stage of development can still grow quite fast, 7% or more despite these challenges you mentioned

Despite the fact these issues existed in the past, that didn't stop the Nigerian economy from growing by an average of 6% annually from 1999-2013.

Two of Atiku's policies (reduction in company taxes and merging the multiple exchange rates into one) would have brought growth rates of at least 7% annually.

It will take many years of fast economic growth before those shortcomings you mentioned become a serious constraint to growth.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Ratello: 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2019
frowland:

Do I look like I am joking? Name your escrow or meet up anywhere in Lagos. I don't want to make too much noise here.
You are staking N500,000 my Zenith Bank is ok. Till then transfer is ok no escrow. It's not $50,000 pal
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by frowland(m): 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
Jiang:

You mean there was a time in this country when roads where constructed at night in NIGERIA
Yes there was. They will advertise that some routes will be shut from 11pm to 4am. At that time you will see work going at night then in the morning, you will see a brand new road. That was until kidnappings became an issue for the multinationals.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by frowland(m): 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ratello:

You are staking N500,000 my Zenith Bank is ok. Till then transfer is ok no escrow. It's not $50,000 pal

I don't have time for jokes for now. If you are ready I drop my number and we meet. Put your money where your mouth is.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Bmaster(m): 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2019
seriously...,? yes! I believe it. and then buhari is better than who..?
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by kogi2010: 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2019
ok we don hear na, after buhari don finish em 4 years we fit manage try Atiku but 4 now sai baba, obj u can go to hell

1 Like

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2019
Sure.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by ud4u: 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2019
Let the blind continue to lead the blind, that is what Nigeria deserve.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Aboks(m): 9:04pm On Apr 01, 2019

1 Like

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by NaMeAboki: 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2019
The ugly gorilla is entitled to his opinion; however, majority of Nigerians know better when they put their trust in Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Boyooosa(m): 9:10pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ratello:
Even Obj knows that ur conviction is a fantasy....ask him if he will be willing to respond genuinely. The handwriting is on the wall.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by frowland(m): 9:15pm On Apr 01, 2019
grandstar:

Economies like Nigeria at this stage of development can still grow quite fast, 7% or more despite these challenges you mentioned

Despite the fact these issues existed in the past, that didn't stop the Nigerian economy from growing by an average of 6% annually from 1999-2013.

Two of Atiku's policies (reduction in company taxes and merging the multiple exchange rates into one) would have brought growth rates of at least 7% annually.

It will take many years of fast economic growth before those shortcomings you mentioned become a serious constraint to growth.
Atiku will reel out any plan to hoodwink voters just as APC did in 2014.
Grow an economy at 7% without power, without good roads, insecurity and all that. I can see that the voodoo economic plan atiku reeled out to you guys is really taking its toll. So
* how do you intend to cut company income tax when oil revenue was dropping? How then will you fund the budget?
* What was the size of the budget 1999 - 2013 when the economy was growing at 7%?
Its easy to criticize just to win an election but implementation is where the problem is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by GoldHorse(m): 9:15pm On Apr 01, 2019
Baba still in Sifia pain grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by gabbasin: 9:21pm On Apr 01, 2019
See who is talking, the number 1 hypocrite here is Obasanjo himself, you abandon and tore the membership card of the party that gave u the ticket to the presidency because you don't like the presidential candidate. And talking about greed, he use his office as President to coerce state governors and big companies to donate to his personal venture, the Obasanjo library housing an hotel and other hospitality buildings on an expanse of land in Abeokuta, giving himself license for a private university while still in office and source of the funding of the school unknown except for the moribund Obasanjo farms in Otta that has collapsed and he is able to revive it after he assumed office as President using his influence to cow big customers to patronise the farm's produce. His 8 years is nothing different than the succeeding years, selfish,greedy, corrupt: both morally and financial,holier than thou regime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by truthisgood: 9:21pm On Apr 01, 2019
GavelSlam:
Did Buhari not try?

Atiku can now visit America.
grin
You are a fool,wake up from your slumber supporter of blood sucker.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Vickthore: 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2019
frowland:

U made plenty sense. A party was there for 16 yes , no commensurate infrastructure

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Meritocracy: 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2019
You can employ him to manage your farm not Nigeria sir

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Support Group Accuses Osinbajo, Oshiomhole, Governors Of Manipulation / Atiku Leads AIT Public Perception Votes On Who Is A Great Threat To Buhari / 2019 Election: Atiku’s Server ‘Results’ Fake — INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.