Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists (27557 Views)

I Won't Stop Criticising Buhari - Obasanjo / It’s Now All About Nigerians Vs Buhari - Obasanjo / 'My Transition Hours': Jonathan Invites Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku To Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by cheerfulpraise: 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2019
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has defended his endorsement of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

He said despite the fact that Atiku lost to President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC), he remains “far better” than the incumbent.

The elder statesman spoke on Sunday evening when the Southwest PDP leaders led by the party’s National Vice Chairman (South West), Dr Eddy Olafeso, visited him at his Pent-House Residence within the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL), Abeokuta, Ogun State.

In attendance at the meeting were Senate Minority Leader, Biodun Olujimi; Senators-elect Oyo South Kola Balogun; Ondo Central Ayo Akinyelure; Rep-elect (Ibarapa North and Central), Hon Ajibola Muraina; former Osun State Governor Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola; former Minister for State for Defence Erelu Olusola Obada and PDP gubernatorial candidate in Ekiti State 2018 election, Prof Olusola Eleka.

He said: “Politically speaking, you can’t be my friend if you don’t buy into the Nigeria’s project. For me, till death, I will continue to push for a better Nigeria.

“I said if you compare the two of them (referring to Atiku and Buhari) with what I know and all I have written about the incumbent, which they have decided to cover up, Atiku is better than the incumbent by far. That’s the point I am making. And nobody is perfect.

“I am not a perfect person. I have my shortcomings. If I deny my shortcomings, it means I am not being truthful to myself.

“But, my shortcomings have nothing to do with my love for Nigeria. It has nothing to do with being greedy or selfishness.”

Obasanjo told his guests Nigerian situation demands a vibrant voice and opposition in PDP to engender a virile democracy.

The former Head of States also bemoaned the failure of leadership, saying Nigeria can’t move forward “if we continue the way we are.”

He urged the PDP to purge itself of “bad eggs and hypocrites,” whom he said, lacked commitment to return the opposition party to its lost glory.

Obasanjo lamented many of the PDP leaders are still preoccupied with what ministers to “their pockets and stomach,” wondering why some of them left the party while others lost hope the seconds the results of 2019 Presidential election were announced.

Obasanjo, whose Coalition for Nigerian Movement(CNM) failed to provide a formidable force to unseat President Muhammadu Buhari and his the All Progressives Congress(APC) at the centre, advised PDP to purge itself of “hypocrites and bad eggs.”

He noted the purging exercise would put the party on a higher pedestal to scout for those he called “critical mass of committed people,” who “would be ready to stand with the party come rain, come shine.”

Obasanjo said: “I knew PDP would lose election in 2015 because it was clear. And I knew PDP will need to be rebuilt after losing the election.

“You need what I call critical mass of committed people, and come rain, come shine they are committed. With that, you can make Nigeria better.

“You see peoples’ faces beautiful but you don’t know what each person harbours inside of him.

“If you discover a bad egg, remove such a person. And if such person has learnt his or her lessons there can still be room to accommodate the person.”

Also at the meeting were former Lagos Deputy Governor Kofoworola Bucknor-Akerele; former Deputy National Chairman Shuaibu Oyedokun; PDP Governorship candidate in 2017 Ondo State Governorship election, Eyitayo Jegede SAN among others.

http://thenationonlineng.net/atiku-far-better-than-buhari-obasanjo-insists/

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by GavelSlam: 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2019
Did Buhari not try?

Atiku can now visit America.
grin

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Ratello: 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2019
This is the truth and I am too sure of one thing, Atiku will prevail at the court against Buhari and will be sworn in as the rightful President of Nigeria

132 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Iyajison: 5:18pm On Apr 01, 2019
That is visible to the blind...

And

Audible to the deaf na.. cool cool

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by whitebeard(m): 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ratello:
This is the truth and I am too sure of one thing, Atiku will prevail at the court against Buhari and will be sworn in as the rightful President of Nigeria
not dat i support buhari but....

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by juvewalex(m): 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2019
Grandpa Obasanjo is losing and lost it already. He's the one that bastardized our system long before now.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by wallex1983(m): 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by muykem: 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2019
We don hear you sir. Thank God election is over. Lamentation is allowed. I am patiently waiting for May 29th when amiable president Buhari will take oat for second time in the office.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Dannyset(m): 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2019
Did somebody just say Atiku will win at the court? Table tennis court or basketball court?

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by rexwalters: 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ratello:
We don hear you sir. Thank God election is over. Lamentation is allowed. I am patiently waiting for May 29th when amiable president Buhari will take oath for a second time in office.

Did somebody just say Atiku will win at the court? lawn tennis court or basketball court?

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by ikorodureporta: 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2019
smiley
To hell with yr jealousy...

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2019
Illiterate nah Illiterate...

1 Like

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Wasky101: 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ok sir, but we say we don't want him, nah by force.offcourse he would be better taking us back to the era of Ghana must go politics you taught him.
Allow him mange ota farms if you so much believe in him.
From saying God will not forgive you if you support him to saying we should entrust him with the nation's Treasury. How shamless can this man be.

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Amuocha: 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2019
Great

Atiku is greater than Buhari, Osinbajo and Tinubu put together shocked

I am so hopeful grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by grandstar(m): 8:36pm On Apr 01, 2019
Atiku's policies were pro-business and pro-investment

Buhari is a leftist populist whose economst policies has crippled the Nigerian economy. The Economist said another 4years of Buhari means a lost decade of economic growth.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Koolking(m): 8:37pm On Apr 01, 2019
It's ok. Consolation opinion.

Better at corruption and throwing Dollars about.

It doesn't change the fact that he was beaten blue black.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Millz404(m): 8:37pm On Apr 01, 2019
Everybody is better than buhari... But what can we do

Easy signup on Nigerian Online Business Forum
https://naihub.com

1 Like

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by id4sho(m): 8:38pm On Apr 01, 2019
Sai Baba Buharin mu.
PMB has broken the so called blessings of Fmr President Obasanjo to aspirants to Aso Villa. OBJ na scam.
if you concur e pain OBJ hit like

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2019
grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by chiedu7: 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2019

8 Likes

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by hisexcellency34: 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2019
Leave story. Election is over

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by eleojo23: 8:40pm On Apr 01, 2019
Before nko?

Has Buhari ever run any successful business?

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by MobilityExpress: 8:40pm On Apr 01, 2019
It's like papa OBJ is about to write another letter grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by nairalandankrah: 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
we know
that is y they never allowed our vote to count

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by frowland(m): 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ratello:

Put your money where your mouth is. 500k, name your escrow. Thank you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Opinedecandid(m): 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
True.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Balet: 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
Since the guy is just coming out of coma, we accept anything he says...
He is in serious sifia pains...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Upton: 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
[quote author=cheerfulpraise post=77176944

“I am not a perfect person. I have my shortcomings. If I deny my shortcomings, it means I am not being truthful to myself.

“But, my shortcomings have nothing to do with my love for Nigeria. It has nothing to do with being greedy or selfishness.”

[/quote]
Well, well

1 Like

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Slurity(m): 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
Obasanjo should just shut up and save us his useless advice

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
Wait it's now this guy is realizing it? grin like the saying goes the less of two evils tongue
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by sogodihno: 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
a

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates / After Visiting Maraba Market, Peter Obi Campaigns In Kugbo Market, Abuja / Shettima Dances To Buga, Tinubu Dances To Kwam 1 At Inauguration Ball (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.