Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,921 members, 7,828,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists (27578 Views)

I Won't Stop Criticising Buhari - Obasanjo / It’s Now All About Nigerians Vs Buhari - Obasanjo / 'My Transition Hours': Jonathan Invites Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku To Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by truthisgood: 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2019
whitebeard:
not dat i support buhari but....

But your head or your Yash, you are a camelion.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by GavelSlam: 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2019
truthisgood:
You are a fool,wake up from your slumber supporter of blood sucker.

Your father is even worse.

Let's not even talk about your mom.

Her case is terrible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by chozzy: 9:39pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ratello:
This is the truth and I am too sure of one thing, Atiku will prevail at the court against Buhari and will be sworn in as the rightful President of Nigeria

Ok
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by BabaO2: 9:42pm On Apr 01, 2019
Who is obasanjo to rate a more competent sitting president. What an aberration

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by bluefilm: 9:45pm On Apr 01, 2019
Of course!

When it comes to having shady business dealings... Atiku bin Camerooni is by far far advanced when compared to Sai Baba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by BabaO2: 9:53pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ratello:
This is the truth and I am too sure of one thing, Atiku will prevail at the court against Buhari and will be sworn in as the rightful President of Nigeria
You are talking as if you don't have future., how can atiku claim what doesnt belong to him if not he was looking for war and destruction of Nigeria to cover up his shame . A presidential candidate that cant win his poling unit should be eternally shameful
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ratello:
I concur
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by sapele914(m): 10:07pm On Apr 01, 2019
frowland:

Do I look like I am joking? Name your escrow or meet up anywhere in Lagos. I don't want to make too much noise here.
Bruv why are you desperate to collect money o guy doesn’t have.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by sapele914(m): 10:11pm On Apr 01, 2019
Bmaster:
seriously...,?
yes! I believe it.
and then buhari is better than who..?
Obasnjo farms.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by frowland(m): 10:15pm On Apr 01, 2019
sapele914:
Bruv why are you desperate to collect money o guy doesn’t have.

I am tired of all this online chest beaters. If he is so sure that he can win 500k, let him rally round from his goons. I am waitin for him anywhere in Lagos.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by grandstar(m): 10:33pm On Apr 01, 2019
frowland:

Atiku will reel out any plan to hoodwink voters just as APC did in 2014.
Grow an economy at 7% without power, without good roads, insecurity and all that. I can see that the voodoo economic plan atiku reeled out to you guys is really taking its toll. So
* how do you intend to cut company income tax when oil revenue was dropping? How then will you fund the budget?
* What was the size of the budget 1999 - 2013 when the economy was growing at 7%?
Its easy to criticize just to win an election but implementation is where the problem is.

Nigeria's real problem is the tax base. Only a very tiny fraction of registered companies pay the full tax. They account for less than 1% of companies.

India found out that the more they reduced taxes, the higher the revenue they collected. Companies are readier to pay their taxes if the rates arw low. More revenue will be collected in Nigeria if the tax rates drop from the high 37% (if you include the 2% education tax).

So a tax cut will lead to an increase in revenues and not the opposite.

Also, low corporate taxes encourage foreign direct investment which will be a massive boost to the economy. Foreign investment was the main driver of the Chinese economy for decades and helped to revolutionise manufacturing in China.

Aside from FDI,it also encourages domestic investment.

Why can't the economy grow at 7% or more. Even the DRC with barely 6 hours of piwer and with probably the worst roads in the world (Google DRC roads) has been growing by 6% annually. There's no voodoo in that.

Why will implementing low taxes and merger of multiple exchange rates be difficult. Both can be done within an hour.

I'm neither pro PDP or pro APC. I'm apolitical and it's my interest in economics that brings me here.

From 2003, you can say growth might have been aided by the increase in oil revenues. That however would be over simplistic and an escapist way of admitting many achievements of that period.

The paying off the foreign debt, the bank recapitalisaion(Dangote said he'd never have become this big but for it), the $60b in the reserves and $20b in the excess crude reserves. OBJ prudent management of resources and his dependence on technocrats has to be lauded.

The present problem is the presence of a leftist populist with a lamentable understanding of economics.at the helm of government.

His mishandling of the crude oil price crash in 2015, was only a little better than that of Shehu Shagari in 1981. It was a disgrace. It brought about the worst recession in 20years. Economists condemned the incompetence, most especially Lamido Sanusi

1 Like

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Tocco(m): 10:36pm On Apr 01, 2019
Coming from a man who said this....

cheerfulpraise:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has defended his endorsement of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

He said despite the fact that Atiku lost to President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC), he remains “far better” than the incumbent.

The elder statesman spoke on Sunday evening when the Southwest PDP leaders led by the party’s National Vice Chairman (South West), Dr Eddy Olafeso, visited him at his Pent-House Residence within the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL), Abeokuta, Ogun State.

In attendance at the meeting were Senate Minority Leader, Biodun Olujimi; Senators-elect Oyo South Kola Balogun; Ondo Central Ayo Akinyelure; Rep-elect (Ibarapa North and Central), Hon Ajibola Muraina; former Osun State Governor Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola; former Minister for State for Defence Erelu Olusola Obada and PDP gubernatorial candidate in Ekiti State 2018 election, Prof Olusola Eleka.

He said: “Politically speaking, you can’t be my friend if you don’t buy into the Nigeria’s project. For me, till death, I will continue to push for a better Nigeria.

“I said if you compare the two of them (referring to Atiku and Buhari) with what I know and all I have written about the incumbent, which they have decided to cover up, Atiku is better than the incumbent by far. That’s the point I am making. And nobody is perfect.

“I am not a perfect person. I have my shortcomings. If I deny my shortcomings, it means I am not being truthful to myself.

“But, my shortcomings have nothing to do with my love for Nigeria. It has nothing to do with being greedy or selfishness.”

Obasanjo told his guests Nigerian situation demands a vibrant voice and opposition in PDP to engender a virile democracy.

The former Head of States also bemoaned the failure of leadership, saying Nigeria can’t move forward “if we continue the way we are.”

He urged the PDP to purge itself of “bad eggs and hypocrites,” whom he said, lacked commitment to return the opposition party to its lost glory.

Obasanjo lamented many of the PDP leaders are still preoccupied with what ministers to “their pockets and stomach,” wondering why some of them left the party while others lost hope the seconds the results of 2019 Presidential election were announced.

Obasanjo, whose Coalition for Nigerian Movement(CNM) failed to provide a formidable force to unseat President Muhammadu Buhari and his the All Progressives Congress(APC) at the centre, advised PDP to purge itself of “hypocrites and bad eggs.”

He noted the purging exercise would put the party on a higher pedestal to scout for those he called “critical mass of committed people,” who “would be ready to stand with the party come rain, come shine.”

Obasanjo said: “I knew PDP would lose election in 2015 because it was clear. And I knew PDP will need to be rebuilt after losing the election.

“You need what I call critical mass of committed people, and come rain, come shine they are committed. With that, you can make Nigeria better.

“You see peoples’ faces beautiful but you don’t know what each person harbours inside of him.

“If you discover a bad egg, remove such a person. And if such person has learnt his or her lessons there can still be room to accommodate the person.”

Also at the meeting were former Lagos Deputy Governor Kofoworola Bucknor-Akerele; former Deputy National Chairman Shuaibu Oyedokun; PDP Governorship candidate in 2017 Ondo State Governorship election, Eyitayo Jegede SAN among others.

http://thenationonlineng.net/atiku-far-better-than-buhari-obasanjo-insists/

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by SaintLucia: 10:37pm On Apr 01, 2019
eleojo23:
Before nko?

Has Buhari ever run any successful business?
Has Mandela, Lee Kuah Yew, Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc ever run or owned any business before? I'm sure u were born in the 90s if not u for no dey vomit rubbish here.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by SaintLucia: 10:40pm On Apr 01, 2019
eleojo23:
Before nko?

Has Mandela, Lee Kuah Yew, Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc ever run or owned any business before? I'm sure u were born in the 90s if not u for no dey vomit rubbish here. Obasanjo for hand over to Atiku instead of Yar'Adua if he truly believed in Atiku then.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Indispensable85(m): 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2019
Obasanjo, election is over,you've been defeated.
You were defeated right from your polling unit.
So go and sleep!
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by akdjr(m): 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2019
Abeg wake up from your dream. quote author=Ratello post=77177039]This is the truth and I am too sure of one thing, Atiku will prevail at the court against Buhari and will be sworn in as the rightful President of Nigeria [/quote]
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Yusman316(m): 10:48pm On Apr 01, 2019
eleojo23:
Before nko?

Is Buhari a business man? Where did it say once u hold a high position then u must automatically become a business man? If not in Nigeria and other corrupt countries, where do u see public/civil servants becoming big business men, with big companies out of the blue? If Atiku has so much high acumen to become a successful business man, why didn't he use that high acumen to bring revolutionary changes to governance when he was vice president. After all he was chairman economic council. They are indirectly telling us it's OK to siphon government funds, use it to start private business and call themselves entrepreneurs. They were illegally using government money to run private companies and calling it economic boom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by greggng: 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2019
This man should go and rest in peace. He can't continue to deceive us. He once told us that God won't forgive him if he forgives atiku. ...
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by ofwest47(m): 11:00pm On Apr 01, 2019
The looter chief patron still supporting the looters party chieftain Atiku Abubakar despite being politically dead on arrival. Definitely this man called Obasanjo is a shame to the entire Yoruba Nation.
I can see why his shamefulness could not allow him to show up at the last entire Egbaland Lishabi day celebrations because he knew he will be received with pure waters and stones on his face.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by DemolaUnbias(m): 11:04pm On Apr 01, 2019
Baba is consoling Atiku for the loss
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by frowland(m): 11:11pm On Apr 01, 2019
grandstar:

Nigeria's real problem is the tax base. Only a very tiny fraction of registered companies pay the full tax. They account for less than 1% of companies.

India found out that the more they reduced taxes, the higher the revenue they collected. Companies are readier to pay their taxes if the rates arw low. More revenue will be collected in Nigeria if the tax rates drop from the high 37% (if you include the 2% education tax).

So a tax cut will lead to an increase in revenues and not the opposite.

Also, low corporate taxes encourage foreign direct investment which will be a massive boost to the economy. Foreign investment was the main driver of the Chinese economy for decades and helped to revolutionise manufacturing in China.

Aside from FDI,it also encourages domestic investment.

Why can't the economy grow at 7% or more. Even the DRC with barely 6 hours of piwer and with probably the worst roads in the world (Google DRC roads) has been growing by 6% annually. There's no voodoo in that.

Why will implementing low taxes and merger of multiple exchange rates be difficult. Both can be done within an hour.

I'm neither pro PDP or pro APC. I'm apolitical and it's my interest in economics that brings me here.

From 2003, you can say growth might have been aided by the increase in oil revenues. That however would be over simplistic and an escapist way of admitting many achievements of that period.

The paying off the foreign debt, the bank recapitalisaion(Dangote said he'd never have become this big but for it), the $60b in the reserves and $20b in the excess crude reserves. OBJ prudent management of resources and his dependence on technocrats has to be lauded.

The present problem is the presence of a leftist populist with a lamentable understanding of economics.at the helm of government.

His mishandling of the crude oil price crash in 2015, was only a little better than that of Shehu Shagari in 1981. It was a disgrace. It brought about the worst recession in 20years. Economists condemned the incompetence, most especially Lamido Sanusi

I get your point but please stop comparing real growth with nominal growth. It will always sound sweet on paper but not practicable. I am on mobile, else I would have taken some time to break your points down bits by bits.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by shugabasbn: 11:12pm On Apr 01, 2019
See how this man just adulterated my alma mater finish, na wa for this man called Obj animal called man. How doesn't know Atiku is far better than Buhari before

Only that in every other side of life
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by danuzochukwu: 11:24pm On Apr 01, 2019
Baba Iyabo is absolutely correct, Buhari is a sectional leader and lack the leadership quality that is required to govern Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by kingjudecy(m): 12:35am On Apr 02, 2019
cheerfulpraise:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has defended his endorsement of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

He said despite the fact that Atiku lost to President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC), he remains “far better” than the incumbent.

The elder statesman spoke on Sunday evening when the Southwest PDP leaders led by the party’s National Vice Chairman (South West), Dr Eddy Olafeso, visited him at his Pent-House Residence within the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL), Abeokuta, Ogun State.

In attendance at the meeting were Senate Minority Leader, Biodun Olujimi; Senators-elect Oyo South Kola Balogun; Ondo Central Ayo Akinyelure; Rep-elect (Ibarapa North and Central), Hon Ajibola Muraina; former Osun State Governor Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola; former Minister for State for Defence Erelu Olusola Obada and PDP gubernatorial candidate in Ekiti State 2018 election, Prof Olusola Eleka.

He said: “Politically speaking, you can’t be my friend if you don’t buy into the Nigeria’s project. For me, till death, I will continue to push for a better Nigeria.

“I said if you compare the two of them (referring to Atiku and Buhari) with what I know and all I have written about the incumbent, which they have decided to cover up, Atiku is better than the incumbent by far. That’s the point I am making. And nobody is perfect.

“I am not a perfect person. I have my shortcomings. If I deny my shortcomings, it means I am not being truthful to myself.

“But, my shortcomings have nothing to do with my love for Nigeria. It has nothing to do with being greedy or selfishness.”

Obasanjo told his guests Nigerian situation demands a vibrant voice and opposition in PDP to engender a virile democracy.

The former Head of States also bemoaned the failure of leadership, saying Nigeria can’t move forward “if we continue the way we are.”

He urged the PDP to purge itself of “bad eggs and hypocrites,” whom he said, lacked commitment to return the opposition party to its lost glory.

Obasanjo lamented many of the PDP leaders are still preoccupied with what ministers to “their pockets and stomach,” wondering why some of them left the party while others lost hope the seconds the results of 2019 Presidential election were announced.

Obasanjo, whose Coalition for Nigerian Movement(CNM) failed to provide a formidable force to unseat President Muhammadu Buhari and his the All Progressives Congress(APC) at the centre, advised PDP to purge itself of “hypocrites and bad eggs.”

He noted the purging exercise would put the party on a higher pedestal to scout for those he called “critical mass of committed people,” who “would be ready to stand with the party come rain, come shine.”

Obasanjo said: “I knew PDP would lose election in 2015 because it was clear. And I knew PDP will need to be rebuilt after losing the election.

“You need what I call critical mass of committed people, and come rain, come shine they are committed. With that, you can make Nigeria better.

“You see peoples’ faces beautiful but you don’t know what each person harbours inside of him.

“If you discover a bad egg, remove such a person. And if such person has learnt his or her lessons there can still be room to accommodate the person.”

Also at the meeting were former Lagos Deputy Governor Kofoworola Bucknor-Akerele; former Deputy National Chairman Shuaibu Oyedokun; PDP Governorship candidate in 2017 Ondo State Governorship election, Eyitayo Jegede SAN among others.

http://thenationonlineng.net/atiku-far-better-than-buhari-obasanjo-insists/

Baba Ijebu no wan write letters again?

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Ratello: 12:57am On Apr 02, 2019
frowland:

Do I look like I am joking? Name your escrow or meet up anywhere in Lagos. I don't want to make too much noise here.

I will remind you after the Court case keep your stake first and take a chill pill your over confidence posture is nothing to me. I will be here to remind you.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by SarkinYarki: 1:17am On Apr 02, 2019
why are people sounding off like Buhari even won the election in the first place

1 Like

Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by BHigher(m): 6:03am On Apr 02, 2019
Monkey its oath not oat!

muykem:
We don hear you sir. Thank God election is over. Lamentation is allowed. I am patiently waiting for May 29th when amiable president Buhari will take oat for second time in the office.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by olajizz01(m): 7:06am On Apr 02, 2019
He better PMB in terms of corruption,

PDP were so pained just because they have no way to loot because looting is their career.
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by nurusystem(m): 7:14am On Apr 02, 2019
Ratello:

Are you from China
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by whitebeard(m): 7:22am On Apr 02, 2019
truthisgood:

But your head or your Yash, you are a camelion.
u know in the last election, buhari amd atiku weren't the only candidates..!! Guess u dont know dat..! Ignorance sometimes makes the mind feel like a genius
Re: Atiku Far Better Than Buhari, Obasanjo Insists by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 02, 2019
Ratello:
you're dreaming
wake boi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rochas Orders Security To Beat-Up Anyanwu For Using Siren / Burial Of Chikaodi Uka Ume Who Was Killed During Biafran Protest In Aba (Photos) / Atiku Leads AIT Public Perception Votes On Who Is A Great Threat To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.