Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? (7656 Views)

15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / How Do You Feel When Your Husband Spends Most Of His Time Glued To His Phone? / Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by icare1: 9:20am On Sep 14, 2010
WHAT A MAN NEEDS IS A BLOODLINE NOT A NAME LINE - AN HEIR.
THE BLOOD IS THE LIFE AND THE IDENTITY OF A GENERATION OR A FAMILY, A NAME DOES NOT HAVE LIFE IT IS ONLY A LABEL THE BLOOD IS THE REAL PRODUCT .
GOD DOES NOT RECOGNIZE A LINEAGE BY THEIR NAME BUT THE BLOOD THAT FLOWS IN THEIR VEINS.

WHAT EVERY MAN NEEDS TO WORRY ABOUT IS NOT A MALE CHILD BUT TO BE DOUBLE SURE THAT THAT CHILD THAT A WOMAN GFIVES YOU IS INDEED YOURS.
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by Purist(m): 9:41am On Sep 14, 2010
@tpiah

I think you need to calm down.  You're being overly emotional on this issue.  In as much as one cannot say for sure what the motive of these researchers is, I do not think it is fair to conclude that it's to denigrate the womenfolk.   Research like this are supposed to provide us some kind of new perspective into things that affect marital life and the society at large.  Who knows, the 'revelation' made by these researchers may even prompt some men to be more conscious of, and even change their negative mindsets about the prospect of female children.  Besides, the research didn't say that ALL marriages with female children are bound to fail.  Here, see the highlighted post below.

Akainzo:

I wonder why all the 'wahala' about this research? The outcome said it increases by 5%!

What this means is that 90% of the time, it doesn't matter. Is that too hard to understand?
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by chiozor: 10:26am On Sep 14, 2010
Female child is good, male child is also good. but the thinking that male children are more stubborn than female children is not true. I have seen so many home where the father have been turned to receiptionist of the males visitor to their daugthers. undecided Girls getting one crook of a boy to come and squander her father wealth and use it to develop his own home.
just pray to God to give you both male and female, for having female children alone, that is something else
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by lekanbar(m): 10:57am On Sep 14, 2010
It's a girl!!!, Good investment for the future (Igbo man------dowry), just joking grin

http://lekanbaruwa./
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by Akainzo(m): 11:01am On Sep 14, 2010
tpiah:

gosh, i cant believe the amount of ignorance on this thread.

o ma se o. 

so it's children now that are the reasons for divorce, not anybody's deeds or misdeeds. I just gave the example of mel gibson, which you chose to ignore.

[s]some of you shouldnt be surprised when your women turn to juju to hold you. Obviously, you leave them no other choice. undecided Many of you end up with ogbontiras like yourselves anyway.[/s]

so, all the divorces you know of, are solely from families with girls. undecided

it's very annoying the way most black and nigerian guys just jump at any thread denigrating women. No be woman born una? If they tell you to slow your roll on the bosom gazing circuit and tata loving, una go say it cant be done. See all your lives now?

@Tpiah, obviously, you are not reading and comprehending. The write-up by OP and my take were that the sex of the child(ren) could affect the possibility of divorce NOT that it is the ONLY determinant of divorce! Is that too hard for you to understand.?

So because Mel Gibson, Obama or Bush has daughters and are still married has now meant all marriages with daughters only are ALL still surviving? Or that you can point at ten honest mechanics means ALL mechanics are honest?

The research only says the chances of having a divorce increases by 5% when there is no male child involved. That is the simple outcome of the research, do find a way to comprehend that.
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:43am On Sep 14, 2010
babaearly:

who be this ashawo? tongue

why you dey yab naaaa? no be simple question i ask? grin
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by JohnKester: 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2010
So much debate on the preferred child: Male or Female!

You can prefer all you want but bear the following in mind:
Every child is a blessing from God and should be appreciated as such.
Every child is first and foremost a human being who through the Grace of God was permitted to incarnate on earth through you.
Every parent gets the child they deserve, either by commission, omission or through negligence on their part.
Every human being is here on earth for a purpose and it is the duty of parents to ensure that the children do not get derailed from fulfilling this purpose. Parents need to be specially watchful that they do not by commission, omission or negligence lead their children astray by misplacing the natural order of priorities that the purpose of existence has established for human beings. If this happens, then the sins of the parents may revenge themselves on the children up to the fourth or fifth generation for as long as it takes until the generation find the right path again.

Peace
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by Meldrick(m): 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2010
Akainzo:

@Tpiah, obviously, you are not reading and comprehending. The write-up by OP and my take were that the sex of the child(ren) could affect the possibility of divorce NOT that it is the ONLY determinant of divorce! Is that too hard for you to understand.?

So because Mel Gibson, Obama or Bush has daughters and are still married has now meant all marriages with daughters only are ALL still surviving? Or that you can point at ten honest mechanics means ALL mechanics are honest?

The research only says the chances of having a divorce increases by 5% when there is no male child involved. That is the simple outcome of the research, do find a way to comprehend that.

Gbam!! Well said, I rest my case.
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by Gamine(f): 2:11pm On Sep 14, 2010
Well another research says
Beautiful people tend to have girls
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article694620.ece

There could be a correlation.

Perhaps they attract other members of the opposite sex so often
there's a higher chance of cheating on each other which then leads to Divorce.

M.A.S.S
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by Hauwa1: 2:18pm On Sep 14, 2010
maybe the research was done by nigerians trying to justify their lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by tpiah: 3:05pm On Sep 14, 2010
*Hauwa*:

maybe the research was done by nigerians trying to justify their lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i agree.

quite clearly, something sneaky's going on.
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by tpiah: 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2010
Purist:

@tpiah

I think you need to calm down.  You're being overly emotional on this issue.  In as much as one cannot say for sure what the motive of these researchers is, I do not think it is fair to conclude that it's to denigrate the womenfolk.   Research like this are supposed to provide us some kind of new perspective into things that affect marital life and the society at large.  Who knows, the 'revelation' made by these researchers may even prompt some men to be more conscious of, and even change their negative mindsets about the prospect of female children.  Besides, the research didn't say that ALL marriages with female children are bound to fail.  Here, see the highlighted post below.

Akainzo:

ok, let me repeat myself clearly.

Just because something is in print, or marketed as "research", doesnt mean it's set in stone.

there's such a thing as sponsorship.

If a couple of "researchers" came up with some unflattering statistics about nigerian men, y'all would be the first to cry foul.
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by kingvictor(m): 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2010
good pieces of research
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by Babosa: 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2010
Dont think this is still an issue whether boy or girl. Today with gender equality in education and employement many girls do much better than boys. In Lagos state out of total of 55 judges only 15 are men. Most kidnappers and yahoo guys are boys. I can go on and on.
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by tpiah: 5:12pm On Sep 14, 2010
i'm surprised so far nobody has questioned why women are allowed to vote, drive and go to school.
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2010
i care:

WHAT A MAN NEEDS IS A BLOODLINE NOT A NAME LINE - AN HEIR.

I think that is the clear reason, any man would want a SON. really.
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by snowdrops(m): 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2010
tpiah:

i'm surprised so far nobody has questioned why women are allowed to vote, drive and go to school.
No comment, but i have to say i am disappointed in your contributions to this thread so far. You normally perform better than this.
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by dayokanu(m): 11:32pm On Sep 14, 2010
^^ You sef see am?

The research finding which was posted and she found all ways to put the blame on everyone else excepting the real people the research focused on.

A research carried out by Americans, on Americans in America she found a way to deflect it to African men ingeniously claiming they probably did it on immigrant family and the researchers were probably funded by My Okonkwo and Afolabi
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by tpiah: 3:20am On Sep 15, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ You sef see am?

The research finding which was posted and she found all ways to put the blame on everyone else excepting the real people the research focused on.

A research carried out by Americans, on Americans in America she found a way to deflect it to African men ingeniously claiming they probably did it on immigrant family and the researchers were probably funded by My Okonkwo and Afolabi

dayokanu

in your eagerness to assume everybody has the nigerian mentality, dont let common sense take a back seat.

I fail to see what's getting you overly excited.

take a deep breath, count to ten, and ask yourself why the survival of your marriage should depend on if you and your wife produce male or female children.

nobody is saying having boys is a bad thing. But the so-called researchers obviously have an underhand agenda. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that.

as per your anxiety:

1. Producing "research" in an american university doesnt make somebody american.

2. yes, the so-called three million records were skewed.

3. no doubt something foreign and retrogressive is at work here.
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by tpiah: 3:22am On Sep 15, 2010
snowdrops:

No comment, but i have to say i am disappointed in your contributions to this thread so far. You normally perform better than this.

hmm, feeling sorrowful at the thought of people having different opinions than yours and folks refusing to be led around by the nose like mugu wey dem don scam?
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by wales(m): 8:24am On Sep 15, 2010
This is not same in Nigeria grin grin grin
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by wales(m): 8:45am On Sep 15, 2010
Happy !
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by toaspromo(m): 10:43am On Sep 15, 2010
i would feel great
i will pray to God to spare my life and take care of my girl cause this is an investment when she grow up i mean my dowry is 100%sure from my  futurr in-law so l will nuture her and train her to increase the value of my bride price
is that right? grin
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by ladej(m): 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2010
tpiah:

hmm, feeling sorrowful at the thought of people having different opinions than yours and folks refusing to be led around by the nose like mugu wey dem don scam?
miss/ms/mrs tpiah, you honestly sound like someone who would argue in an empty room(virtual or real). sad
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by tpiah: 1:42pm On Sep 15, 2010
yes i would.

is that a crime?
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by Purist(m): 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2010
tpiah:

nobody is saying having boys is a bad thing. But the so-called researchers obviously have an underhand agenda. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that.

Quite some certitude. Isn't it amazing that you're the only person that is able to sense this "obvious underhand agenda". Sure, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. It takes only tpiah to see it.

Quit the conjectures already, and stop getting worked up over some innocuous research.
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by tpiah: 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2010
^^abeg give it a rest.

if you cant see what's going on, then chalk it down to obtuseness.

sheesh- its like having a conversation with a brick wall.
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by ladej(m): 6:10pm On Sep 15, 2010
tpiah:

^^abeg give it a rest.

if you cant see what's going on, then chalk it down to obtuseness.

sheesh- its like having a conversation with a brick wall.
substitute the word 'brick wall' for tpiah, in order words, wink
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by tpiah: 6:12pm On Sep 15, 2010
^^no, i'm not the one crying because i cant comprehend not being made to feel important for one second.
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:26am On Sep 16, 2010
in china where the ratio of boys to girls is now almost 2:1, it will be hurray when they see it's a girl! wink
Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by moneybags: 11:08pm On Sep 18, 2010
Sorry to say, but your so-called uncle is such an ignoramus! In this day and age, he hasn't yet understood that it's the male that determines the gender of the child? That's laughable. If he keeps planting girl seeds, he's going to keep getting girls, no matter how many females he sleeps with. Kai, ignorance is s t u p i d, walahi.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of my uncles had 4 girls as children and he kept looking for a son. When his wife could not give him a male child, he went out to look for a young girl in order to get what he desired. The girl he married was younger than his first daughter. Anyway, the girl also delivered a baby girl for my uncle. I've not seen my uncle for some time now and I feel he is still looking for a Son.

1 Like

Re: Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? by deepthroat(f): 12:38pm On Sep 22, 2010
My uncle left his wife because she had ONLY 3 girls. Many a Naija man has married another woman because the first didnt have a boy. Yes it is still happening. It is not a figment of the researchers imagination. We thank God for education but there is still a long road ahead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Baby Crying At Birth. WHY? / Should A Working Couple Split The Bills? / Nobody Wants To Talk About Pastors Wives Being The Most Sex Starved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.