Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,072 members, 7,835,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? (1424 Views)

Why Do Some Ladies Use Their Monthly Period To Cook For Their Boyfriends? (18+) / Women Never Send Money To A Man In A Relationship / Dear Women, Never Allow Your Husband To Attend This Kind Of Churches Alone (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 09, 2019
Why is it that Nigerian men have little problem using the names of their wives as their Next of Kin, but Nigerian women will rather use their children as Next of Kins , especially as pertaining properties ?

Is it a question of trust ? Lack of Love ? or are they trying to imply that they, Married women , care more about the children than their husbands?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by ojun50(m): 6:56pm On Apr 09, 2019
A man who respect his wife nd love her should use the wife first nd his children,,,,, but most woman perfer to use there children thinkin the man might sell the property to marry another wife or die early,,,, so thy prefer the children

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by Tyche(m): 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2019
No man is interested or bothered at the very least, in his wife using him as next of kin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by BlackfireX: 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2019
Very simple....

Is because you know, the woman emmmmm. Emmmmm. Will you know, vas a matter of fact emmmmm that is it , hope you understand now...

Next question

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by Biglittlelois(f): 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2019
ojun50:
A man who respect his wife nd love her should use the wife first nd his children,,,,, but most woman perfer to use there children thinkin the man might sell the property to marry another wife or die early,,,, so thy prefer the children

I disagree, it is every parents dream for their kids to outlive them and inherit their properties, that is why most women use their kids as next of kin.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by ojun50(m): 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2019
Biglittlelois:

I disagree, it is every parents dream for their kids to outlive them and inherit their properties, that is why most women use their kids as next of kin.
Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by Biglittlelois(f): 8:02pm On Apr 09, 2019
ojun50:

Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins

Umm I actually stated why in my previous post dude.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2019
its because most married nigerian men dont trust their wives and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by princfred(m): 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2019
Amakavula:
Why is it that Nigerian men have little problem using the names of their wives as their Next of Kin, but Nigerian women will rather use their children as Next of Kins , especially as pertaining properties ?

Is it a question of trust ? Lack of Love ? or are they trying to imply that they, Married women , care more about the children than their husbands?
They do to that last question. Also they feel the man will just marry another wife if... and leave her children to suffer.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by hisgrace090: 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2019
Most women vows not to offer anything to a relationship aside collecting from the man always.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by dirtycoin(m): 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2019
Look up the meaning of 'next of kin' in a dictionary.

Then you will find out that one's spouse can never fit to be called the next of kin of his/her other half.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by Deicide: 9:46pm On Apr 09, 2019
Because na the man go first die grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by egoldi01: 9:49pm On Apr 09, 2019
Biglittlelois:

So why is that men too, even with the dream and wish that their children outlive them, still use their wives? To me, men freely trust their wives with high level of understanding, despite having other ladies, while women ask too many questions and still don't trust their husbands
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by mikejj(m): 9:58pm On Apr 09, 2019
the brain behind next of kin is that it's expected that the parents are to leave the earth before the children.that's why parents put their children as the next of kin.and death is something that can come anytime..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by monex(m): 10:09pm On Apr 09, 2019
Biglittlelois:

so you support men that use their kids rather than wife as next of kin?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by anthonyuncle(m): 4:47am On Apr 10, 2019
for me it's better that way.
1. issues might arise between partners and they may behave funny.
2.u can acquire so much wealth that may make da devil tempt ur partner.
3. we put next of kin in case of some situations. such situations have a higher possibility of happening to both partners than for it to happen to father and son.
4. children are continuity
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by victorian(f): 6:53am On Apr 10, 2019
Simple answer :No one trust each other in their marriages.

Mehn it's pathetic, upon the show of love out there.

I simply smile in my mind. Sighs, Human beings.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by waywardpikin: 10:54am On Apr 10, 2019
You didn't know? To women, men are disposable na.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by Biglittlelois(f): 11:36am On Apr 10, 2019
monex:

so you support men that use their kids rather than wife as next of kin?

Yes I do.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by Biglittlelois(f): 11:42am On Apr 10, 2019
egoldi01:

So why is that men too, even with the dream and wish that their children outlive them, still use their wives? To me, men freely trust their wives with high level of understanding, despite having other ladies, while women ask too many questions and still don't trust their husbands

You answered your question here, despite having other ladies the men use their wives because he knows she is faithful, same cannot be said of a woman who knows her husband has other women outside the home, she'll definitely use her kids name cos of fear of the unknown, it's a matter of choice and trust.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by monex(m): 11:29am On Apr 11, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Yes I do.
fair enough
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Never Use Their Husbands As Next Of Kins ? by logan2(m): 11:35am On Apr 11, 2019
BlackfireX:
Very simple....

Is because you know, the woman emmmmm. Emmmmm. Will you know, vas a matter of fact emmmmm that is it , hope you understand now...

Next question
you sound like a lecturer wey nor know book grin

(1) (Reply)

SEE HOW Nairalanders Attacked Me And How I Turned It To Money. / Ebonylips Shares Video With Oyinbo Husband In Bed, Warns Husband Snatchers / Who Do You Think Will Make A Good Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.