Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1579750 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 2:08pm On Feb 19, 2008
4Him:

more like an invisible reminder of the fact that beautiful pictures of selected places don't make a nation.

better than the rebels in the north of your country (u know those ones u hypocrites like to pretend do not exist) and those who have turned your nation into one huge bloodbath.

uhm at least we arent killing ourselves over the elections unlike some country i know. I'm sure u are aware that many are going to the courts to seek redress and are actually getting justice. Want me to mention a few states?

he can't be worse than arap moi or mwai kibaki eh.

at least we have money. Cant say the same for those who rely on the poor proceeds of tea leaves.

it is not inappropriate, it is the problem with africans. They are too myopic to deal with issues, we prefer to bury our heads in the sands of denial.
Continue posting beautiful images while your country burns.

who gives a fig about Kenya?

we are tired of seeing the "beauty of kenya" when all we see on the news are images of death and destruction in the same nairobi.
Get real.

u made me crack ma ribs. Yea we know its shame 2 kenya for our killings, but unfortunately( for u) we r foccusung on positive things about it. N0 1 u cant fool kenyans, not like poor nigerias who trashed democracy long tyme ago. ya dua rigged n all nigerians were dancing themselves mad, since they r now immune to morality( vices r openly condoned.) N0 2 we r fixing all this messs, cleaning voter regester,addressing th gap btwn poor n rich, tribalism n corruption. as the clashes die, we r burring all this. what will come out a bettr country.so kind of the violence was blessing in disguise, for now things r back 2 nomalcy, unless nigeria is broadcasting stale news, am sure its possible
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 2:36pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ 4 him, my dear try postin sam photos for Abuja, its only 1 pg as for lagos, he he he, its the age of nairobi, lets see the compe, naija oil money vs poor farmer tea!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2008
@maasai n africanese, well done job keep them coming,
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 5:14pm On Feb 19, 2008
Hey africanese and volina, did u notice something this thread is just about to hit the 100000 hits. Definately one of the more popular threads.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Gamine(f): 6:15pm On Feb 19, 2008
Mr maasai n fellow kenyans

You cant come here and start making mouth o

What i said isnt a joke

A friend of mine lost her aunt on one of em planes
Kenya Airways made me sleep in the airport for two days!

i have my qualms o
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 8:54am On Feb 20, 2008
Gamine:

Mr maasai n fellow kenyans

You can't come here and start making mouth o

What i said isnt a joke

A friend of mine lost her aunt on one of em planes
Kenya Airways made me sleep in the airport for two days!

i have my qualms o

yea we got 2 kenya airwaysplanes coming down one was an Air bus that fell on Nigerian coast minutes after taking off(from naigerian) it fell in the ocean.This means the accident was nt badly off since it never exploaded. 10 pple swam to the shore but hundrends died majority out of drowning. we were mad with nigerian navy n rescue team, they had a chance to save many but too lazy or incompetent.

the other plane 777 boeing came down like an year ago in duara cameroon. it is said bad weather. However u got to understand that route is dangerous n no west african plane fly that way after being suspended due to too many accidents n sam lack of safety measures, where by kenya airways was granted the way. so they r death trap but better than any other air line in east,centaral n west Africa, i stand 2 b corrected.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Gamine(f): 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2008
Virgin Nigeria?
Arik Airlines

have you heard of these cheesy
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Maury: 6:51pm On Feb 20, 2008
It was unfortunate what happened to the Kenya Airways flight last year.All Kenyans were totally grief stricken ,and we fully expected people to blame us. Kenya.As far as i know Kenya Airways has been in business for over 30 years ,and if i am not wrong we have only experience two unfortunate accidents.So i dont think we should be crucified for that.I know a lot of African countries that average at least an accident a year.Sorry to say
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 10:51pm On Feb 20, 2008
gamine, kenya airways is all around far better than whatever airline you have in nigeria. u can say i am bragging but it is the fact. only two other airlines can compete with kenya airways. oh and profits? all other african airways come in second.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Gamine(f): 11:32pm On Feb 20, 2008
Kenya Airways? Profits?

i worked in an airline and i know first hnd that Kenyan airways is not first in any profits
which kain lie u dey throwe!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 7:54am On Feb 22, 2008
Gamine:

Kenya Airways? Profits?

i worked in an airline and i know first hnd that Kenyan airways is not first in any profits
which kain lie u dey throwe!

He! he!. facts speak for themselves, did u work in an utopic company. B good n do sam reasearch then give us the figures in subsaharan countries(in us dollars).you will b shocked just a few countries in north africa such as egypt,southern africa such as bostwana n south africa r ahead of us( i mean african airlines) do ua homework well we shall tok when u have the facts.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Gamine(f): 4:16pm On Feb 22, 2008
all other african airways come in second

this is what you said

SAA will so beat your Kenya outta d market

i should do research?

no need cos the facts r glaring
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 7:47am On Feb 23, 2008
Hey over 100000 hits. Wow!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 8:46am On Feb 25, 2008
@ gamine, u know we dont fear competition, we do not resist defeat, we focuss more on the goal rather than competition, otherwise how do u bcame perfect if u cant withstand compe. Thats where sam west Africans go wrong, shear jealosy, as per now we've dorminated west,east n central Africa ROUTES, as per 2moro we better cross the bridge when we reach. LONG LIVE KQ
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 3:29am On Feb 26, 2008
wow viola ur first sentence, that was deep. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by londoner: 7:48pm On Feb 26, 2008
The city sure looks nice, but Nairobi is home to some of the biggest slums in the world (like Nigeria, I know). This doesn't mean that it is not also beautiful, but I think people need to be a bit more balanced.

Even here on this site, people get upset if you show pictures of Nigeria without showing slums, lol
If you are going to show Kenya , show it all, lol
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 9:42pm On Feb 26, 2008
londoner we have no problem with that absolutely none, but this thread was created to show the beauty of nairobi and not the slums. if u want to pictures of the slums in nairobi just start a thread for it and we will post those pics there thats what i have been telling the the nigerians that are jelous of nairobi but they have started no thread all they want to do is trash this thread if they had genuine intentions they would not trash this thread but rather create a thread that we would discuss the kenyan problems and show them the slums(as if they dont see them enough on cnn and bbc)
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by 4Him(m): 9:48pm On Feb 26, 2008
africanese:

thats what i have been telling the the nigerians that are jelous of nairobi

Nigerians jealous of Nairobi? undecided
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 2:39am On Feb 27, 2008
not all of them just u and the few pathetic ones that get plesure from trashing this thread. idiots. if u aint jelous then why do u get worked up when u see nairobi pics and u still keep bringing ur sorry ass back here, why? if u think its fake and doesnt show the reality then why dont u just Bleep off?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 12:35pm On Feb 27, 2008
http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?page=5&oid=7228515974&aid=-1&auser=&view=all

@ londoner, thats true, but i think we will surprise u in that slum thread, for real weve started upgrading our slams. in majengo pumwani area a pilot project for lowcost decent housese in slums was completed afew years ago. Kibera the funds have alredy ben budgeted for.n what we r seeing is highrise flats replcing the slums.believe it or not the shunties in our slums majority 2day have electricity,decent community bathrooms replacing the flying toilets. i think even on a slum thread our slums r doing well, smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by londoner: 1:15pm On Feb 27, 2008
Africanese , I see no reason why Nigeria would be jealous of Nairobi, I've recently returned from Abuja, we have nothing to be jealous of. Its more about the fact that the reality is still there. I understand when you say this thread is for celebration of Nairobi, nothing wrong with that, but when people start coming to a Nigerian site, and talking negatively about Nigeria, under the guise of showing us pictures of their country, someone has to demand a reality check. If you look back at my contributions to this thread, you will not see one criticm of Nairobi, just a bid for balance. It would be the same if people came and showed cities in India, Brazil,South africa, all have both rich and poor, its a part of life in developing countries and even some developed ones, if you ask me, its you who is getting wound up over something which is just a much a part of Nairobi as the pictures you posted.

Just like the bronx is as much a part of NY as fifth Avenue

What is so wrong about kenyans who have made the pains to come to this site, showing Nairobi in its entirety? Why should it be up to Nigerians, you came to share your city with us, I'm just saying show us both sides, or aren't they also part of Nairobi?

Volina, I wasn't talking about the face book at all. Thats not even where I became aware of the fact that Nairobi has large slums.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2008
Nairobi seen from comminity

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 1:46pm On Feb 27, 2008
@landoner, for the facebook  it was a link to everyone on beautiful cites in africa. so there u got m wrong. about this thread, funny enough it was not started by a kenyan, as per the website i wudnt call it nigerian since its open 2 all but i would say it was developed by a nigerian. ope u took tyme to read the whole of this thread, comments made by nigerians such as ignorant, gemine n others make me think these guys r just jealous. i might b wrong, but why would one want to tell us that our airline will b overtaken by SAA when it is jst obvious they r beta, Why would sambody call us bushmen n hunters.n post photos of bushmen. i always wonder, as i have stated in abuja thread if majority of naijas love complaining,

As per slums just read the first post, its about areas that the international media do not focuss on, the beautiful cites just as the facebook thread ave posted, creat a thread on slums n sure i will post tooo
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 2:06pm On Feb 27, 2008
valley road area

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by londoner: 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2008
Volina, yes you are right, people shouldn't put down other cultures, but the same goes for non Nigerians  here trying to make snide comments about Nigeria, at least Gamine and co didn't go onto a kenyan website and talk smack.

That is just rude.
This is a Nigerian site, where all are welcome, but I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if a Nigerian went onto a kenyan site and made snide comments (I'm not saying you did though). Most people here have appreciated the pictures and have been very vocal about it. It makes no difference really who started the thread.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 10:34pm On Feb 27, 2008
londoner please do your research, ok? it is a nigerian who started this thread NOT A KENYAN read the first sentence on this  thread between i have no intrest in bad mouthing nigeria actually i don't hate naija but on the same note naija don't intrest me much. if it wasnt for this thread you would not find me in this site you will find me on http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=665 which IMO is more informing than this site and thats where i get to know the good things about naija and the whole of africa. try that link u might learn a thing or two.

untill then here are some more NAIROBI PICTURES

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2008

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by londoner: 11:18pm On Feb 27, 2008
Africanese sweetie, I realise was not a Kenyan who started the thread (and accept my previous statement may have been misworded in that respect), but I think it was a Kenyan who was trying to make snide comments about Nigeria on a predominantnly Nigerian site.

It was a Nigeria who decided to show Nairobi and celebrate it, so maybe you should have a bit more respect for that persons homeland too.

Sweetie, I am a member of skyscrapercity, so you are not informing me of a site which I know nothing of (there is a big Naija presence there too, lol), I visit the site daily. Why wouldn't Skyscrapercity, a site dedicated to architecture and construction projects in Africa be more informative than this one, which is more of a social forum? Common sense will tell you that would be so.

If Nigerians don't interest you, then what was it that you[i] really [/i] came here for?
You wouldn't find me using my broadband on a Kenyan site, using your time on a site which doesn't interest you speaks of mischief to me.

Do you see the disrespect which I am talking about, you came onto a Nigerian site, just to tell us we don't interest you, at least have some manners.

@Volina, you need to check your kinsperson,
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 3:30am On Feb 28, 2008
again u miss the point i come here for this particular thread to post new pics unlike your fellow country men who come here to trash it so who got the mischief now, huh? u say your a member of skyscrapercity then you're getting me confused because there is no single nigerian on that forum who has a problem with any kenyan and vice versa but actually i might have an idea of who you're on that forum, anyway suit yourself
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by poke(m): 6:28am On Feb 28, 2008
@volina
I never being to kenya but with all this pictures am in love to your country
how does life in kenya look like?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 6:53am On Feb 28, 2008
@ Landowner.i think we got a small misunderstanding here.this thread is quiet interestin n u can actualy read the whole of it without gettin bored. if u read just a page u wont understand where conflict began. it was going well till ignorant came in with his bad abuses.this is where kenyan n nigerians started fightin. i still insist this is not a nigerian web, cant u see it is powered by goggle. its an international web developed by a nigerian.its is only that its still in its initial stage, n therefore popular in nigeria.u n africanise need not 2 take this enemity that far.more less the same life in naija is almost same with kenyan.

@poke.well kenya has always been a cool country with pleasant pple ,climate, wildlife n geographical cites. howevr this year we got in problems with post election violence. we r tryin to fix our mess, esp that we have always bn called an oasis of peace, so the whole world is watchin us. if we manage 2 come out of this mess i think more respect will b given,
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by londoner: 12:35pm On Feb 28, 2008
This back and forth  is actually getting quite childish, so I'll just stop replying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.