Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,608 members, 7,770,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:02 PM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1573452 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 11:30am On Jan 23, 2008
I saw the lagos pictures n for real its equally a goodlooking city, ope thos paparrazis there will get to shoot more of interior than just buildings from afar.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 11:30am On Jan 24, 2008
sambody wanted to see tea, this is small scale farming in embu, but in kericho there big firms such as ketepa n broke bond

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 11:34am On Jan 24, 2008
mombasa

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 11:36am On Jan 24, 2008
mombasa

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2008
@davidylan

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City
« #235 on: December 12, 2007, 01:42 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its not only rude i think it also smacks of idiocy to spend the time speaking Kenyan on a Nigerian forum. Are there no Kenyan forums were you can go dialogue with the masai?

You can only show Nairobi as if that is all there is to Kenya, why don't you show us pictures of the hinterlands were the real poverty abides? We are tired of seeing places built up by white people! At least we can boldly beat our chests and say WE (black people) built Abuja, parts of Lagos, Enugu, Portharcourt and Calabar. . .

Each time we see these pictures, all we see are white people with the blacks merely onlookers.

davidylan ua very wrong to imagine that since they are white people they have assisted us in building nairobi. samhow kenyans have been taught to let facts speak 4 themselves n so i ask you to research among the scyscrappers in Nai howmany have ben constructed by the whites or even owned by the whites, most of the tall buildings such as I&M n intercontinenetal house belong to Mr simeone Nyachae n chriss kirubi, pure blacks, not 4getting a number owned by the government, The reason u see many whites is coz kenya economy is supported by tourism, pliz gather ua information well ma dear.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by DisGuy: 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2008
wow!! that's a serious country right there!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 2:51pm On Jan 26, 2008
Great volina keep up the good work.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 11:56am On Jan 28, 2008
smiley @ maasai, have  seen the new Gakuos development, some street seats along kenyata avenue n new bill boards on the streetboarders, -the green sits-   i will try to have a capture of them.[color=#000099][/color] they r just 2 swit,  wink
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by shoop: 12:32am On Feb 08, 2008
Public rides in Kenya,

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by TCUBE(m): 9:32am On Feb 08, 2008
Trust me, u dont wanna go to kenya now, may be later
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by shoop: 5:28pm On Feb 08, 2008
So now they're complaining about too much Nairobi pics(what's the name of this thread again?). Well, then, let's show what more we have to offer,

We have beautiful people too,

A model posing with a Maasai warrior,

Samburu women

A Kalenjin Man

A Rendille woman

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by seeklove: 2:38am On Feb 09, 2008
I love those photos as much as I love Kenyans. I'm a full fledged Nigerian living in America and from my experience, Kenyans are one of the most respected African people. Americans love and respect Kenyans. They are always humble and never with a know-it-all attitude. Even in this thread I can see this quality in them. So many black Americans go by Kenyan names, my co-worker is called Nia, She is American. They even have a holiday -- Kwanzaa -- which I learnt is of Swahili origin. Believe it or not, outside Africa Swahili is the most known and the most popular African language.
I love Nigeria but I have to say that we have one of the worst reputation -- 419, arrogance, know-it-all, and jealousy.
Shouldn't we all be happy for Kenya's beautiful city. Are they not black Africans, our brothers. Do they have to be whites before we admire and respect them.Why can't they speak Swahili if they want. I have seen people speak Igbo, Hausa, and Yoruba in this forum and nobody crucified them. We have to tolerate our brothers.
Lets work on making ourbeloved Nigeria better rather than putting others down.

@ africanese .
You're a gentle man

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by shoop: 9:13am On Feb 10, 2008
Scuba diving at the Open Water Diving Institute in Malindi,North Coast.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by shoop: 9:18am On Feb 10, 2008
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by shoop: 9:24am On Feb 10, 2008

Bungee diving in Kenya,

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 11:06am On Feb 10, 2008
Thanks seek love for those kind words. We black people need to stop hating and fighting each other. Other people laugh at us when we do it. We will never move forward if we continue doing that. And its true probably this is not the best time to visit kenya, thanks to kibaki the thief. The problems are mainly in the rift valley and no one should come and not visit the rift valley, its absolutely breathtaking. Hopefuly the issuses will get sorted out soonest. By the way Obama is doing pretty ok- our other president, loool
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 2:23pm On Feb 12, 2008
TCUBE:

Trust me, u don't want to go to kenya now, may be later

true it has ben bad but just as many predicted it never became a genocide. we'r making progress towards peace n the two parties have agreed on fresh polls after two years, now they r negotiating about power sharing.but did u know that the outside media were exergerating on this matter, like in north coast a famous place for tourism there was no acts of violence yet the foreigners wishing to visit cancelled their jouney after the abroad media houses carried out horrifying news.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 11:49pm On Feb 14, 2008
[qoute]@ africanese .
You're a gentle man[quote][/quote]

@seeklove. thanx girl/dude. i too live in america(charleston, south caorolina) and i have learned to apreciate any african i come across bcoz were are so few and we have to be there for each other. i was very sad that a nigerian would trash talk nairobi for unknown reasons bcoz i dont think that i would ever trash talk nigeria. we all have our faults but bad mouthing each other gets us to nowhere. btw where r u based in america. nway long live mumma africa.

@ maasai why did kibaki rig the elections? i used to think that he was one of the leading statesman. what happened?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 11:54pm On Feb 14, 2008

upperhill

the pride of africa

A road somewhere inside Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology

[B]Jomo Kenyatta International Airport before expansion[/B]

Inside Java coffee house

[B]Nairobi Cinema - one of the oldest in Kenya. I think it was built in the 70's and it's still quite nice[/B]

Serena Hotel

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by 4Him(m): 11:56pm On Feb 14, 2008
funny how everyone is deliberately leaving out the scenes of bloodshed that Kenya has been turned into in the last month.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 12:14am On Feb 15, 2008
daviddylan now calling your self 4him. u are like an annoying bug that just doest go away. the bloodshed? well, lets see, what about those millitants and rebels in the delta? huh?  what about the rigged elections? huh? what about abacha? huh? what about the oil money that nigerians never get to see? huh? now do u see how unapropriate it it to bring up that topic on this thread? we can talk about the bloodshed all day and we do on kenyan forums. so if you're lookin for negatives in kenya then start a thread for that and we will talk more on that. this thread is 4 showing the beauty of nairobi(which was not affected by the violence) and we will stick to that.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 12:19am On Feb 15, 2008
i love this pic because it brings good memories when i was a kid with my parents during jamuhuri day paddling on one of those boats. good times. i heard that they brought new boats? is it so?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Gamine(f): 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2008
Omo those Planes are death Traps oooh! shocked

the place seems fine tho undecided

Been in Kenya only once! wink
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 2:50am On Feb 17, 2008
I hope that was a joke gamine
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by 4Him(m): 6:48am On Feb 17, 2008
africanese:

daviddylan now calling your self 4him. u are like an annoying bug that just doest go away.

more like an invisible reminder of the fact that beautiful pictures of selected places dont make a nation.

africanese:

the bloodshed? well, lets see, what about those millitants and rebels in the delta? huh?

better than the rebels in the north of ur country (u know those ones u hypocrites like to pretend do not exist) and those who have turned ur nation into one huge bloodbath.

africanese:

what about the rigged elections? huh?

uhm at least we arent killing ourselves over the elections unlike some country i know. I'm sure u are aware that many are going to the courts to seek redress and are actually getting justice. Want me to mention a few states?

africanese:

what about abacha? huh?

he cant be worse than arap moi or mwai kibaki eh.

africanese:

what about the oil money that nigerians never get to see? huh?

at least we have money. Cant say the same for those who rely on the poor proceeds of tea leaves.

africanese:

now do u see how unapropriate it it to bring up that topic on this thread?

it is not inappropriate, it is the problem with africans. They are too myopic to deal with issues, we prefer to bury our heads in the sands of denial.
Continue posting beautiful images while ur country burns.

africanese:

so if you're lookin for negatives in kenya then start a thread for that and we will talk more on that.

who gives a fig about Kenya?

africanese:

this thread is 4 showing the beauty of nairobi(which was not affected by the violence) and we will stick to that.

we are tired of seeing the "beauty of kenya" when all we see on the news are images of death and destruction in the same nairobi.
Get real.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 7:35am On Feb 18, 2008
abacha worse than kibaki and moi? that proves ur dumbness

atleast you have money? so what have u done with it? abuja? and u accuse me of being in denial. u r a comedian.

atleast you did not go killing yourselves? http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=552172&page=4 (post# 66). i gain more proof that u are dumb.

who gives a fig about kenya? then answer me, why do you keep coming back to this thread? now convience us(kenyans) you are not mentally unstable.

we are tired of seeing the "beauty of kenya", BUT YOU KEEP COMING BACK!!! 4him seriously dude WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 7:50am On Feb 19, 2008
Well i guess the one thing we all agree on is that kenya has some really beautiful places it has built with its little resources as compared to other African countries.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 7:51am On Feb 19, 2008
Well i guess the one thing we all agree on is that kenya has some really beautiful places it has built with its little resources as compared to other African countries.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 1:32pm On Feb 19, 2008
hill plaza community

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 1:39pm On Feb 19, 2008
community (min of public works premises)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2008
hill plaza ,min of agruculture n rihamtulla tower(far end)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 1:53pm On Feb 19, 2008
min of water n irrigation,behind is NHIF ( National Health Insuarance Fund Building

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.