Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1580838 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2011
Ngumo Estate from the air.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:33pm On Apr 10, 2011
[B]Brew Bistro - Nairobi[/B]

Hennesey launch at brew bistro

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2011
Harley Davidson meet

cool Our cool Tourism Minister,Najib Balala.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:13pm On Apr 12, 2011

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ioanna(f): 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2011
Tourism is an important sector of any economy and Kenya knows it. Also Tourism creates jobs (Hotels, restaurants, travel agencies etc). So they invite foreigners to invest and build resorts on their paradise, they have spend money on advertisement around the world, et voila! When an European think Africa for holidays, directly he/she thinks Kenya. P.s. I have never seen, in any travel magazine, an advertisement about "dream holidays in Nigeria", or "live your exotic dreams in the paradise of Nigeria".
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2011
Ioanna:

Tourism is an important sector of any economy and Kenya knows it. Also Tourism creates jobs (Hotels, restaurants, travel agencies etc). So they invite foreigners to invest and build resorts on their paradise, they have spend money on advertisement around the world, et voila! When an European think Africa for holidays, directly he/she thinks Kenya. P.s. I have never seen, in any travel magazine, an advertisement about "dream holidays in Nigeria", or "live your exotic dreams in the paradise of Nigeria".

Thanks.Correction,we dont need foreigners to build resorts for us.We have architects,materials and an unlimited supply of labour.Nigeria needs to do more about their tourism sector,the potential is huge and their domestic market and diaspora is is big enough to support a big tourism sector. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:20pm On Apr 14, 2011
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2011
[center]Focus on the counties.  

Its now apparent that development in Kenya will largely be focused on these new political units.

[/center]

[B]Population key to sharing of funds[/B]

Daily Nation,
Monday
September 6,  2010

Heavily populated counties are likely to get the bulk of funding from the National Government if population becomes the key factor in determining sharing of revenue.

[B]The new Constitution requires that at least 15 per cent of all revenue collected by the central government be disbursed to the 47 counties. [/B]

However, the actual figures will be determined by the yet-to-be established Commission on Revenue Allocation whose job will be to come up with a criteria that will guide the sharing of tax money between the national government and the counties.

The criteria will include factors such as population, infrastructure, the economic needs of a county and its viability. The commission will have powers to recommend how the money will be shared.

To ensure fairness, Articles 202 and 203 of the constitution stipulate the conditions that the commission must adhere to when sharing out the money.

Parliamentary Constitution Implementation Oversight Committee vice chairman Ababu Namwamba said the money will be shared in a way that takes into account fairness to all counties.

“For instance Kakamega County with nine constituencies and nearly two million people cannot get the same allocation as Vihiga that has four constituencies and less than half a million people.

“Equal mounts will result in unfairness to some counties and a formula will be specified in legislations that will be passed on counties,” he said.

According to Mr Nzamba Kitonga, the chairman of the Committee of Experts that wrote the new Constitution, all counties will first be allocate equal amounts before other factors are considered.

“The principle is that they start at the same amounts and then the factors in each are taken into account to determine the final figures,” he said.

The Constitution provides for an Equalisation Fund meant to give special attention for under-developed and neglected areas. Ms Njoki Ndung’u, a member of the Committee of Experts, said population will be the key factor.

[B]“It is not possible for the counties to receive the same amounts. There are factors in the constitution which will determine the amounts and it is likely that big cities and metropolis will get huge amounts.”[/B]

[B]Given the current budget figure of Sh1 trillion, it means that each county — should the money be shared equally — will receive Sh3 billion from the National Government. “You cannot imagine the Nairobi county receiving Sh3 billion because it cannot sustain its population,” she said.[/B]
If population is the main factor, Nairobi County with a population of 3.13 million, Kakamega (1.66 million), Bungoma (1.63 million), Kiambu (1.62 million) and Nakuru (1.60 million) will receive the highest.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:33pm On Apr 15, 2011
[B]Uasin Gishu County.[/B]

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2011
Zion Mall - Eldoret.(Complete)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2011
Eldoret Town

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2011
Moi University - Eldoret

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
[B]Eldoret International Airport[/B]

B767-300ER : cool

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
Over Eldoret outskirts

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
[B]Farms.[/B] cool

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:46pm On Apr 20, 2011
JKIA - Nairobi

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2011

On the way to the city centre

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2011
Nairobi

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2011
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:58pm On Apr 24, 2011
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2011

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:09pm On Apr 25, 2011
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:11pm On Apr 25, 2011
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by onana247: 12:55am On Apr 27, 2011
HELLO,

Am loving wat am seeing , am actually planning to study in Nairobi university as one of the best in Africa, i need more details about the school and kenya too,
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 11:04am On Apr 27, 2011
@galvant
i think she meant investors.we have enough foreign investors too. i.e naomi capbell is constructing a heotel in malindi soon and they are many more with such investments
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2011
onana247:

HELLO,

Am loving wat am seeing , am actually planning to study in Nairobi university as one of the best in Africa, i need more details about the school and kenya too,

Welcome to Kenya.What kind of details do you need?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2011
volina:

@galvant
i think she meant investors.we have enough foreign investors too. i.e naomi capbell is constructing a heotel in malindi soon and they are many more with such investments

True.Even Flavio Biotelli is set to construct the Africas most expensive resort in Malindi.I will try to get some infor on that.Anyway,wacha kupoteanga hivyo Volina. wink
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:43pm On Apr 27, 2011
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2011
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:46pm On Apr 27, 2011
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:50pm On Apr 27, 2011
Office of the Prime Minister.

[/url]
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2011
gallivant:

True.Even Flavio Biotelli is set to construct the Africas most expensive resort in Malindi.I will try to get some infor on that.Anyway,wacha kupoteanga hivyo Volina. wink

lol nitajaribu,been busy of late. When do u snap all this photos? i have misplaced my camera charger may b that why am not into snapping!again no longer travelling alot as i used do.lakini niko!

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.