Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,924 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? (72566 Views)

Nigerian Couple Spend N3.5m On Cake Designed Like Car For Their Wedding / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? / Your Greatest Sales Item. How Much Did You Save? Deals, Steals Or Ripp-offs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by goldtosure: 9:21pm On Apr 23, 2019
The life after wedding is the most important.wish Nigerian youths understand this.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by celeiyke: 9:21pm On Apr 23, 2019
Plenty lies de this list
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by gerizzim: 9:21pm On Apr 23, 2019
obamartins:
I just stumbled on my marriage note where I wrote down all my expenses while I prepared for my marriage and decided to share. This topic is to guide those planning for their wedding on how much on the average they should budget for their marriage. Although the amount you will spend depends on what you want and the tribe/family you are marrying into. I actually budgeted N1,200,000 (1.2 million) but ended up spending close to 2million.

I got married November 2018 to my beautiful esan girlfriend of 4 years. Here is the breakdown:

Pre-wedding
1. Lab test for HIV, Genotype and pregnancy (as instructed by the church) - N5000
2. Transportation to take her to see my parents - N10,000
3. Ring 18 karat gold (engagement, and wedding rings) - N75,000 (from aboki)
4. Wedding certificate - N4000
5. Wedding seminar organized by my church - N4000

Federal Registry:
1. Affidavit for spinsterhood and bachelorhood-N2000
2. Main fee - N34,000

Traditional marriage
1. Drinks - N140,000
2. Yams - N40,000
3. Salt - N4,000
4. Bride price - N10,000
5. Make up - N20,000
6. Food - N200,000
7. Transportation - N20,000
8. Photograph - N6000
9. Canopy - N6000
10. Palmwine - N2000
11. Palm oil - N12,000
12. Native kola - N3000
13. Introduction - N12,000 (did introduction same day as traditional marriage)
I love esan marriage, they don't put hole in one's pocket

White Wedding
1. Drinks and food - N300,000
2. Reception hall - N105,000 (a Catholic church event hall)
3. Decoration - N50,000
4. DJ plus MC - N35,000
5. Guest house accommodation for my parents - N15,000
6. Souvenir 100 unit (Jotter, bag and notebooks) - N93,000
7. Photographer - N20,000 (soft copies)
8. Video coverage - (Hmmmm! Money no reach)
9. My wife's wedding gown - N35,000 (rent)
10. Me and my bestman's shirt and suit - N36,000
11. My wife's makeup and accessories - N50,000
12. Hotel room for after wedding panpangolo - N18,000 for 2 nites
13. My shoe - N2,000 (it's a long story)
14. Cake (4 steps) - N15,000 (my wife baked it if not e for pass that amount)
15. Transportation for my parents back home - N10,000

This are the little I could remember, I will update as soon as I get them. It was supposed to be a budget marriage but I spent close to N2,000,000 despite cutting off as much expenses as permitted. What was ur marriage budget? Did you stick to your budget or did some unforseen expenses prop up? Please share for the benefit of those planning theirs.

Lalasticlala
o boy eh! #2million naira. Dis amt wil buy land and build a huz for outskirts of lagos. Is wedding expenses really an investment ?? My bae na esan oh and I DNT av #200k for account to wife her not to talk of #2millionnaira. I dey fear ooooo

5 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Cityguy: 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2019
obamartins:

She is Esan, in Edo state. Ekpoma to be specific. Even my parent shock seff. I gave them 20k they returned 10k. They said I should use it to take care of their daughter.
They are telling you they didn't sell her to you. Take care of her and not flog flog till you taya ooo. Congrats

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Felix6: 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2019
[][2. Reception hall - N105,000 (a Catholic church event hall) this op is a professional li*r, that event centre is brother roman catholic events centre and it goes for just 40k. this goes to show other estimates might just be cooked up too.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by franchasng: 9:23pm On Apr 23, 2019
Lolz comments oh.

The issue is not the money, the money isn't much, just that inflation of Naira made it seem big, all thanks to Buhari the recession bringer angry

This is less than $8,000.

During Goodluck time, if u had spent this amount, in fact, your wedding would be listed on Forbes, but no, Yoruba people out of tribal bigotry and hatred said Goodluck is the worst President that destroyed Nigeria, while Buhari is the Messiah, well-done Yoruba people angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by famouscargo4u: 9:23pm On Apr 23, 2019
obamartins:

Not same day. Traditional marriage on a wednesday and white wedding on Saturday same week.
No wonder. I'm definitely doing everything same day. My budget is 500-700k max.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by daddytime(m): 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2019
greatermeme:
OK, I'll do it 2morrow morning! I'm very serious about it. But, wait, why are the FOUR not married? There's something you're not telling me. I'm serious oooo!

Lol...how many of una get money to take care of woman these days?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by AngelicBeing: 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Ogeneigbo1: 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2019
ValCon888:
Bride price of 10k?
She's certainly not an igbo girl.

*make una no flog me cane o.*

I married an igbo girl from IMO state.
Paid bride price 10k.the father took 1k returned 9k .
Said all that matters to him is his daughter's welfare.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Celsony: 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2019
TRCdesigns:
How I wish I am allowed to do a 30 audience wedding, where we will have 15 people from wife side and 15 people from my side. I see gathering crowd as a form of wasting available resources thou it is not all about the food but I hate publicity.

I think I will follow this...

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Bbbwings: 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2019
ridbell01:
with that amount buy fertile land 4 hectares plant cassava on it by this time next year you will come here for Thanksgiving
And then buharis kinsmen pay you a visit. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by babyfaceafrica: 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2019
franchasng:
Lolz comments oh.

The issue is not the money, the money isn't much, just that inflation of Naira made it seem big, all thanks to Buhari the recession bringer angry

During Goodluck time, if u had spent this amount, in fact, your wedding would be listed on Forbes, but no, Yoruba people out of tribal bigotry and hatred said Goodluck is the worst President that destroyed Nigeria, while Buhari is the Messiah, well-done Yoruba people angry
everything must be tribal and political to u

7 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by quincyshakur(m): 9:26pm On Apr 23, 2019
because My money long pass third main land bridge cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
BillgatesMaigad:
why u dey wash me nah
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Bbbwings: 9:26pm On Apr 23, 2019
Plenty males moniker dey vie this thread. cheesy
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Sicilyjoe: 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2019
franchasng:
Lolz comments oh.

Sharap dia, too much lie full the list

6 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by BotherMleeper(m): 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2019
OVA200:
Am not married but I won't exceed my budget of 500K
Call me poor if you want to.

What are you marrying, your pillow?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by missyblissy: 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2019
obamartins:
I just stumbled on my marriage note where I wrote down all my expenses while I prepared for my marriage and decided to share. This topic is to guide those planning for their wedding on how much on the average they should budget for their marriage. Although the amount you will spend depends on what you want and the tribe/family you are marrying into. I actually budgeted N1,200,000 (1.2 million) but ended up spending close to 2million.

I got married November 2018 to my beautiful esan girlfriend of 4 years. Here is the breakdown:
Lalasticlala

Op you try oooo.

If you know say you no get plenty money abeg do both traditional and white wedding same day to aviod double expenses. Thats what i did and it is really saved us alot. I spend more on certain things like photographs (this is forever, abeg you need a good photographer, same for court, trad and white), make up(compulsory abeg make i fine for the best day in my life), our clothes n shoes (not expensive but must look good), wedding rings(na forever abeg get a good one), cake (good cake used my traditional wedding cake since white na for morning).

And the wedding budget is not for the MAN alone oooo. Women contribute oooo. It is our wedding. Not he is marrying me. Abeg pity the man biko nu. Else you wear that engagement ring for a very long time.

See young able men wey for don marry born 2 kids, still dey single maka why? Cos na slay lazy queen's full everywhere(na to spend dem sabi). The hardworking ladies scarce, even the ones that are hard working sef still get that mentality say na the man suppose sponsor the wedding, sebi nai wan marry wife. You go tey for your papa house oooo. Nka na bia oooo. This is 20th abi 21st century not 18th or 19th century when women leave every thing for the man. This days men dey find people wey go add meaning to their lives, make them grow better not LIABILITIES!!!!

Don't ever, i mean ever borrow money to do wedding, no try am at all. You will end up regreting it. You can't start your lives paying debt.
Abeg women think with your head, dont listen to your still single friends that want you to paint the town red when you know, you don't have the means. Plan with your hubby. There's life after wedding, its call marriage, finances they cos kasala for marriage oooo

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by greatermeme: 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2019
daddytime:

Lol...how many of una get money to take care of woman these days?
If you can cut your coat according your cloth, not your size; don't compare your life with that of your rich neighbour( I mean complacency), then you're good to go!
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by mykelshowz(m): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
2 million is on the high side.....you must be rich

. 1. Drinks and food - N300,000
2. Reception hall - N105,000 (a Catholic church event hall)

Traditional marriage
1. Drinks - N140,000

why is the drinks different for. trad and white?..no be d same day

you are Lucky.. esan ladies are nice
I hope ,not all oh,my uncle's wife is esan,she was good before but now my mom can't even go and see her junior brother(whom she sent to lasu to become a successful engineer) in his house again ,even my uncle's children hate their mother
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Guruindahouse(m): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2019
This is to proof that loaded guys are here on Nairaland. Have a blissful marriage, man.

Some low-lives will think that Nairalanders are poor. Go to travel and treasury bills sections to see for yourself. God punish poverty!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by obamartins(m): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2019
Felix6:
[][2. Reception hall - N105,000 (a Catholic church event hall) this op is a professional li*r, that event centre is brother roman catholic events centre and it goes for just 40k. this goes to show other estimates might just be cooked up too.
Oga before you call someone a liar tell someone to take a stroll to Bishop Kelly Pastoral Centre in Benin and ask how much is their old Hall. ITK.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2019
RexTramadol1:
100million

I really spent a lot

On tramadol?

4 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by drakeskull(m): 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2019
yeman2012:
after spending two million on ur wedding day if she later cheat on you now..you won't let us hear word..you will come to nairaland and be disturbing us that the wife you spend two million on your wedding day has cheated on you bro ticket were go cut go cut..

Just wondering how you guys talk like you were raised by beasts

6 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2019
obamartins:

She is Esan, in Edo state. Ekpoma to be specific. Even my parent shock seff. I gave them 20k they returned 10k. They said I should use it to take care of their daughter.
Now this is the kind of report a like to hear about a tribe/culture!!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by RexTramadol1: 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2019
Firstorderwizard:

On tramadol?

My statement climb fence come ur crib bah?

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by franchasng: 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
everything must be tribal and political to u
life itself is politics, if not why did u Yorubas ganged up against innocent man Goodluck and used lies and propaganda to remove him to bring a heartless, vision less failure to ruin Nigeria just to pave way for a Yoruba man to become President in 2023, why

And why are all the Yoruba lying activists not organizing protests since 2015 against Buhari who killed Nigerian economy and Naira under few months, can u tell us why

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by chidaddy1198(m): 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2019
No wedding is cheap. No wedding is the most expensive. Cut your coat according to your cloth.
For the single you don't need to stress your self much even if its bottle water you have to offer do it with pride.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by franchasng: 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2019
Sicilyjoe:

Sharap dia, too much lie full the list
that list is as honest as a toddler.

In fact, he even managed in some things, it is Naira inflation and recession that made it look big, he spent normal budget of an average Nigerian wedding.

Buhari needs to be banished for killing Naira!! angry

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by armyofone(m): 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2019
Ovie iye abi otienme, who you dey feed with 640k ? Osalubuwa!!! ofone!!!
Na wah o...
You don plan for the future children so ?
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by daddytime(m): 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2019
greatermeme:
If you can cut your coat according your cloth, not your size; don't compare your life with that of your rich neighbour( I mean complacency), then you're good to go!

That's the spirit man and the way to go...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Souvenir Shared At A Wedding Ceremony(photos) / Children Dancing & Rocking At A Party (Photos, Video) / When The Money Is Too Much For Money Spraying Gun Machine (pics,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.