Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,106 members, 7,828,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? (72576 Views)

Nigerian Couple Spend N3.5m On Cake Designed Like Car For Their Wedding / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? / Your Greatest Sales Item. How Much Did You Save? Deals, Steals Or Ripp-offs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by armyofone(m): 10:22pm On Apr 23, 2019
Ovie iye abi otienme, who you dey feed with 640k ? Osalubuwa!!!
Na wah o...if na me, I'd say save more of that money for our future children.
You don plan for the future children so ?
Anyway i guess one must do to avoid flying and flapping birds wink
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by darkelf: 10:22pm On Apr 23, 2019
Simplep:
2mill is still fair compared to some peeps
But i would prefer jst traditional marriage and court,even my trad marriage will be on a low key,i don't like loud marriage..we would spend 1m tops,i don't see any reason to waste so much money
I love quietness and simplicity

So, 1million is now quietness and simplicity?

Sister, I will advise you that you should aim for not more than 400K max.
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by nuelyoyo(m): 10:23pm On Apr 23, 2019
prince3009:
N2,000,000!

In this harsh economy?

Thank God you said "Esan" wife and not Igbo!

We would have had some idiots coming here to make noise about how Igbos are selling their daughters!
Go through the traditional marriage section of his expense list, you would see that the traditional item he bought is not up to hundred thousand naira: palm oil, yam, native kola, palm wine and bride price. This is what the family demanded from him. What ever amount he spent entertaining people and buying classy accessories on the day of traditional marriage or white wedding his his business, it has nothing to do with the family of the girl.
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Humility017(m): 10:23pm On Apr 23, 2019
darkelf:

Oga MI from soccer thread. You dey here too.

That 2 million will give me sleepless night today. I just dey imagine wetin I for Use am do. I

I'm not going past N300,000 on my wedding ooo
Lol..how people save such a huge sum....only to spend them all in a single ceremony baffles me
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 23, 2019
obamartins:

She is Esan, in Edo state. Ekpoma to be specific. Even my parent shock seff. I gave them 20k they returned 10k. They said I should use it to take care of their daughter.
Please give us the address to her village oso oso. grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Jubilancy(f): 10:24pm On Apr 23, 2019
I am Esan. ..I believe in economy wedding then good marriage

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by shogsman(m): 10:24pm On Apr 23, 2019
Op what can I do with 40-50k please,don't worry about bride price that one na free.
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by SIRTee15: 10:25pm On Apr 23, 2019
OLisaMacaulay:
My brother I spend more then that on my own oh, I targeted 3m end up spending 4.2m my beautiful wife is from ogoni in Rivers state

So what's 4.2M here now

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Jubilancy(f): 10:25pm On Apr 23, 2019
#I will wait
I want a lifelong sweet ride in marriage
Not a lavish eye catching and feeling pleasing wedding

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by naturalwaves: 10:26pm On Apr 23, 2019
indigenous234:
Don't get me wrong OP, but I think this your marriage budget is very much padded.

You said you were cutting costs abi ? Oya, let's do small analysis .

*Your traditional marriage was on a week day- Wednesday.

*the traditional marriage was held in Ekpoma, which is a village.(with the only civilisation there being the AAU)

* since the traditional marriage was held on a week day, it therefore means that lesser number of guests will turn up.

*[quote author=indigenous234 post=77798827]Now you said you spent #200,000 for Food? The amount is over blotted to sound civil. That means it's about 2k food each for a guest assuming they were up to a hundred or 1k for 200 guests. While the normal budget for food for a (not poor/ not a multi millionaire ) wedding is 500 per guest. Now, working with this "normal budget" analogy, it means therefor that you had at least 400 guests for your traditional marriage ( on a weekday?? In Ekpoma OK ohh. ..!!!! Except you add a video/photo evidence of the food served and estimated number of guests, I find your food budget untrue.

What normal budget of 500 box are you referring to? What if the caterer's budget is 1k per guest? And yes!, he could have had up to 200 guests/ 200 people to be fed. All your claims do not have empirical evidence. Moreover, do you expect him to begin to scrutinise every bill he is given intoto as a man?

indigenous234:
You spent 200k for food and a further 140k for drinks in your traditional marriage but spent 300k for foods and drinks in your white wedding reception !!! That's a difference of about 17% less. Abi no be Nigeria you do the marriage??

Have you thought about the fact that some major things won't be purchased again for the main wedding and they could be used from the traditional wedding? It is very possible that the money spent on the main wedding for food is less than the traditional wedding if bulk purchases were made for the traditional wedding and it is being handled by same person / group of persons.

indigenous234:
When people over hype their marriage expenses it beats me what the end game is.
If you think this is an attempt to over hype a wedding, you need to change your mentality. 2 million naira is just an average for a regular Nigerian wedding nowadays. If you are getting married in Lagos, do you know how much event halls alone around Alausa cost? The average is 500k. Some go for 1 million naira. When my sister got married, venue and food alone gulped 1 million and we still had a back up caterer that charged about 400k...that is already 1.4 million...how about decorations? and so many other logistics? Even though the Op's wedding was not in Lagos, it is still very much possible that he spent the listed amount.

Pray and work hard, yo hear? 2 million is just an average cash for a well budgeted wedding. I wonder why you did not say the OP UNDER HYPED his marriage when he quoted prices for some ridiculously cheap expenses. You were not shocked that his shoe was a mere 2k, you were not shocked at the medical expenses and some other cheap ones like the suit for himself and best man at 36k (is this not so cheap?), a 4 step cake at 15k (when I bake simple cakes for my friends as gifts at this same amount), you did not see where he stated that his wife's wedding gown was borrowed at 35k? but you came to attack the ones you did not even have empirical evidences for simply because you felt they are on the high side. Will someone that is trying to hype or over hype things be as simple and straightforward as this?This shows that your claim is not balanced and objective. It is well!

24 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by odimbannamdi(m): 10:26pm On Apr 23, 2019
obamartins:
I just stumbled on my marriage note where I wrote down all my expenses while I prepared for my marriage and decided to share. This topic is to guide those planning for their wedding on how much on the average they should budget for their marriage. Although the amount you will spend depends on what you want and the tribe/family you are marrying into. I actually budgeted N1,200,000 (1.2 million) but ended up spending close to 2million.

I got married November 2018 to my beautiful esan girlfriend of 4 years. Here is the breakdown:

Pre-wedding
1. Lab test for HIV, Genotype and pregnancy (as instructed by the church) - N5000
2. Transportation to take her to see my parents - N10,000
3. Ring 18 karat gold (engagement, and wedding rings) - N75,000 (from aboki)
4. Wedding certificate - N4000
5. Wedding seminar organized by my church - N4000

Federal Registry:
1. Affidavit for spinsterhood and bachelorhood-N2000
2. Main fee - N34,000

Traditional marriage
1. Drinks - N140,000
2. Yams - N40,000
3. Salt - N4,000
4. Bride price - N10,000
5. Make up - N20,000
6. Food - N200,000
7. Transportation - N20,000
8. Photograph - N6000
9. Canopy - N6000
10. Palmwine - N2000
11. Palm oil - N12,000
12. Native kola - N3000
13. Introduction - N12,000 (did introduction same day as traditional marriage)
I love esan marriage, they don't put hole in one's pocket

White Wedding
1. Drinks and food - N300,000
2. Reception hall - N105,000 (a Catholic church event hall)
3. Decoration - N50,000
4. DJ plus MC - N35,000
5. Guest house accommodation for my parents - N15,000
6. Souvenir 100 unit (Jotter, bag and notebooks) - N93,000
7. Photographer - N20,000 (soft copies)
8. Video coverage - (Hmmmm! Money no reach)
9. My wife's wedding gown - N35,000 (rent)
10. Me and my bestman's shirt and suit - N36,000
11. My wife's makeup and accessories - N50,000
12. Hotel room for after wedding panpangolo - N18,000 for 2 nites
13. My shoe - N2,000 (it's a long story)
14. Cake (4 steps) - N15,000 (my wife baked it if not e for pass that amount)
15. Transportation for my parents back home - N10,000

This are the little I could remember, I will update as soon as I get them. It was supposed to be a budget marriage but I spent close to N2,000,000 despite cutting off as much expenses as permitted. What was ur marriage budget? Did you stick to your budget or did some unforseen expenses prop up? Please share for the benefit of those planning theirs.

Lalasticlala

Hi bro,

Congratulations on your new status.

Did your white wedding hold in Lagos?

How was the quality of the decoration, photography, shoe and suits? Do you mind if i PM you so that you will show me some pics, and probably assist with the connections?

I would be doing mine in July and the cost don dey givr me headache already. I really looking for how to cut costs.
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 23, 2019
Jubilancy:
The Lord is good. grin

Hanty, do your people allow okada riders as in laws? If yes, can I apply?
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Bianda24: 10:28pm On Apr 23, 2019
Boy you tried o. I spent two hundred thousand during my own

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by darkelf: 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2019
[quote author=Fanbee post=77799950][/quote]

Lekwa Ndi egooo
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by tiwasiaife(m): 10:33pm On Apr 23, 2019
April 27 remains a nightmare until when it's over..
My gal is not co-operating with me at all,keep inviting family and friends both offline and online it's like she don't understand that there is marriage after wedding.
She's busy choosing this and that while I m having difficult time sleeping and eating even when the food is served.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Olumyyde(m): 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2019
Well, for me, all I spent for my traditional and church wedding wasn't more than 200k. Thank GOD for my born again father-in-law that didn't give me a list to marry his daughter who is the first child n a Nurse. Introduction, journey to her village, Enugu, traditional marriage and Church wedding were smooth and easy for me. I also thank GOD for my siblings, they all contributed for their kid bro's wedding. Omo, I just dey dance for my reception like say dance wan go extinct. To GOD'S glory, I didn't borrow a naira, also my account was fat on the D-day.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2019
How much did the babe contributed out of the 2milla?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by MPESA(m): 10:35pm On Apr 23, 2019
obamartins:

She is Esan, in Edo state. Ekpoma to be specific. Even my parent shock seff. I gave them 20k they returned 10k. They said I should use it to take care of their daughter.

Depend on the family because even Igbo man will return all that 20k taking 500 naira only...
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by quincyshakur(m): 10:35pm On Apr 23, 2019
No problem I go tell una because I dey plan use 50m wink
Citizen0:
Okay no be you? Your brother? Ok . When you do your own, try tell us for here

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by quincyshakur(m): 10:36pm On Apr 23, 2019
Am not lying ooooh...My family too get money wink cheesy
Ishilove:

Lie with consideration
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Olumyyde(m): 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2019
Well, for me, all I spent for my traditional and church wedding wasn't more than 200k. Thank GOD for my born again father-in-law that didn't give me a list to marry his daughter who is the first child n a Nurse. Introduction, journey to her village(Enugu), traditional marriage and Church wedding were smooth and easy for me. Infact, the money for dowry that I paid was returned, they only took 50naira from it, that I should use the rest to take care of their daughter. I also thank GOD for my siblings, they all contributed for their kid bro's wedding. Omo, I just dey dance for my reception like say dance wan go extinct. To GOD'S glory, I didn't borrow a naira, also my account was fat on the D-day.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by divineappo(m): 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2019
Op spent about #2m for wedding oo

una dey try

#2m that u wil use to export teak wood abroad and make profit

Anyways, my budget for wedding and traditional, everything na #500k, I get plans

I cannot come and die

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by thelish(f): 10:38pm On Apr 23, 2019
OVA200:
Am not married but I won't exceed my budget of 500K
Call me poor if you want to.

U r wise jare.
That was our budget n we maintained it

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by MPESA(m): 10:38pm On Apr 23, 2019
Mac12:

I am an igbo girl, my sister's husband brought 50k as the bride price but my dad took 15k and returned the rest to him...

No mind them.... They collect reach 10k from him out of 20k and they are still trying to criticize Igbo who will not even take up to 5k out if it.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by quincyshakur(m): 10:39pm On Apr 23, 2019
Not d queen of England but d queen only daughter "The Princess of England" cheesy cheesy cheesy
miketayo:

he married the queen of England ?
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by MPESA(m): 10:40pm On Apr 23, 2019
Asleykene:

People sef!!.
Oga am Igbo
wia I come from, even if you bring 1m......the father will collect #10 give you the rest back....,our daughters are not for sale

God will bless and keep you , don't mind those mumu weh dhey always carry Igbo for head. Imagine 10k out of 20k and no one it talking... Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by ghettochild4u(m): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2019
obamartins:
I just stumbled on my marriage note where I wrote down all my expenses while I prepared for my marriage and decided to share. This topic is to guide those planning for their wedding on how much on the average they should budget for their marriage. Although the amount you will spend depends on what you want and the tribe/family you are marrying into. I actually budgeted N1,200,000 (1.2 million) but ended up spending close to 2million.

I got married November 2018 to my beautiful esan girlfriend of 4 years. Here is the breakdown:

Pre-wedding
1. Lab test for HIV, Genotype and pregnancy (as instructed by the church) - N5000
2. Transportation to take her to see my parents - N10,000
3. Ring 18 karat gold (engagement, and wedding rings) - N75,000 (from aboki)
4. Wedding certificate - N4000
5. Wedding seminar organized by my church - N4000

Federal Registry:
1. Affidavit for spinsterhood and bachelorhood-N2000
2. Main fee - N34,000

Traditional marriage
1. Drinks - N140,000
2. Yams - N40,000
3. Salt - N4,000
4. Bride price - N10,000
5. Make up - N20,000
6. Food - N200,000
7. Transportation - N20,000
8. Photograph - N6000
9. Canopy - N6000
10. Palmwine - N2000
11. Palm oil - N12,000
12. Native kola - N3000
13. Introduction - N12,000 (did introduction same day as traditional marriage)
I love esan marriage, they don't put hole in one's pocket

White Wedding
1. Drinks and food - N300,000
2. Reception hall - N105,000 (a Catholic church event hall)
3. Decoration - N50,000
4. DJ plus MC - N35,000
5. Guest house accommodation for my parents - N15,000
6. Souvenir 100 unit (Jotter, bag and notebooks) - N93,000
7. Photographer - N20,000 (soft copies)
8. Video coverage - (Hmmmm! Money no reach)
9. My wife's wedding gown - N35,000 (rent)
10. Me and my bestman's shirt and suit - N36,000
11. My wife's makeup and accessories - N50,000
12. Hotel room for after wedding panpangolo - N18,000 for 2 nites
13. My shoe - N2,000 (it's a long story)
14. Cake (4 steps) - N15,000 (my wife baked it if not e for pass that amount)
15. Transportation for my parents back home - N10,000

This are the little I could remember, I will update as soon as I get them. It was supposed to be a budget marriage but I spent close to N2,000,000 despite cutting off as much expenses as permitted. What was ur marriage budget? Did you stick to your budget or did some unforseen expenses prop up? Please share for the benefit of those planning theirs.

Wifeys make up n accessories50k for just one day

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by EvilMetahuman: 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
aaronson:
Me, if am ready, i will even bargain pride price with my father in law.

Him- Bride price is 5000

Me- (Rolling my small beards) Sir, Jalee Jalee, tell me the last price, make we no price too much, we be men. Men no dey talk too much.

Him- 5000 last price

Me- You nor gree 4150 last?

because u be customer

pay 4300 I don try cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by MPESA(m): 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
Humility017:

Lol..they even took too much. I took N2500 for my immediate elder sister and N2600 for other sister....
note: I am bini by tribe...
bini and esan do charge same fee..

No mind them na greedy family be that joor..
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by mechanics(m): 10:47pm On Apr 23, 2019
That your hall for reception was expensive o, you didn't bargain?
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by ThePreachersSon: 10:49pm On Apr 23, 2019
Nigerians too dey like crowd. For me it's a budget wedding any day! Few people, less expensive, more quality.
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 23, 2019
obamartins:

grin

If you know you know

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Souvenir Shared At A Wedding Ceremony(photos) / Children Dancing & Rocking At A Party (Photos, Video) / When The Money Is Too Much For Money Spraying Gun Machine (pics,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.