Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,420 members, 7,861,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:03 AM

Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity (19188 Views)

Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage / TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) / Strike: Total Blackout In Kaduna As TCN Knocks Off All 33KV Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by mosho2good: 9:44am On Apr 27, 2019
*What is confusion*

Confusion is when your parents tell u that sex before marriage is a sin but u saw urself in their wedding pic

4 Likes

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 27, 2019
the shithole is bereft of sane/responsible leaders!

RE-COLONISATION or a red REVOLT is the REMEDY!

1 Like

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 27, 2019
Dead country

1 Like

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by hebenezher(m): 9:51am On Apr 27, 2019
naptu2:

What I've gathered (from discussions I've had with friends) is that there's an almost total blackout within the city (in places like Lekki, Ikoyi, Apapa, Ikeja, Yaba, Surulere, etc.), but places on the outskirts of the city (eg Sangotedo) have almost constant power.
we have light overnight here in ikorodu, it was switched off this morning.
Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by siayodeji(m): 9:52am On Apr 27, 2019
when it comes to pay Electricity bill, will they accept apology?

1 Like

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by SarkinYarki: 9:53am On Apr 27, 2019
for the last four years under Buhari electricity supply in Lagos has been horrible so I don't know what these ones are saying

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by erons22(m): 9:53am On Apr 27, 2019
U people are complaining 4 days no light, what about some part in edo here whereas 3weeks no light and nepa staff go dy move from street to street give bill

1 Like

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by Abimbola29(m): 9:54am On Apr 27, 2019
any good heart nairalanders should pls help me with a job,am willing to start soonest
Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by Drwords(m): 9:54am On Apr 27, 2019
grandstar:
My junior in Unilag heads the place. Life grin grin grin

...and you're heading a WhatsApp group

Life sha

1 Like

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:55am On Apr 27, 2019
Consequences of too much of curses and insult from Nigerians has led to this.
Next time when NEPA take light bless them instead

2 Likes

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by BotherMleeper(m): 9:55am On Apr 27, 2019
morikee:
Even here in Kaduna

Kaduna's own is deliberate. Their MD gave the directive to constrict supply aggressively so they can pay their market invoice, because they're too lazy to collect from customers.
Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by martineverest(m): 9:57am On Apr 27, 2019
I thought it was my area only
Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by sonofElElyon: 9:59am On Apr 27, 2019
Below is misinformation! Most parts have zero power supply and not "poor power supply"!

The Management of Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKEDC) on Friday apologised to its customers over poor power supply being experienced recently.

1 Like

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by GreatManBee: 10:00am On Apr 27, 2019
awoo47:
IB own worse 1week no light
Abeg which area for IB? I'm currently in IB and there's been constant power around Oluyole.
Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by sonofElElyon: 10:00am On Apr 27, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by kgb101: 10:02am On Apr 27, 2019
True
Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by thebiggestgists(m): 10:02am On Apr 27, 2019
naptu2:

What I've gathered (from discussions I've had with friends) is that there's an almost total blackout within the city (in places like Lekki, Ikoyi, Apapa, Ikeja, Yaba, Surulere, etc.), but places on the outskirts of the city (eg Sangotedo) have almost constant power.
There is kuku light here in epe till this morning

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by sonofElElyon: 10:02am On Apr 27, 2019
And please where are you heading?!

Drwords:

...and you're heading a WhatsApp group

Life sha

1 Like

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by dljbd1(m): 10:03am On Apr 27, 2019
And yet at the end of the money I still get billed the same amount (if not higher sef) undecided
Please also explain that
Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by Sagay212: 10:06am On Apr 27, 2019
Suffer dey Nigeria too much and a lot of Nigerians are used to it. If them nor give you light na to go buy fuel with small money wey you get to on gen. If you nor get money, enjoy the darkness like that. After all some villages dey this naija wey never see light for years.

Meanwhile una politicians nor even know whether PHCN dey exist. Whether they are at home or office, they must have light 24/7. How the light appears, they don't care because they have people employed to ensure there is light. If they ever experience some hours without light in their houses or office, them go sack the person wey dey in charge.

When una tire to suffer, una go wake up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by solomon201(m): 10:06am On Apr 27, 2019
Yuneehk:
A text was sent on Thursday night so no one expected light on Friday. It's probably been resolved because we had light at midnight

Ah so you dey this platform since.
Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by jchioma: 10:06am On Apr 27, 2019
dokunbam:
Those with estimated billing will still get crazy bills

Unfortunately so. Everything is just wrong with the country.
Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by frowland(m): 10:08am On Apr 27, 2019
pejuakinab:
Apology not accepted. Nepa privatization is scam
True
Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by frowland(m): 10:09am On Apr 27, 2019
Naijaguy123:
Many Africa countries currently enjoy 24 hrs electricity, do call giant of Africa is still in darkness.

How many of those countries have the population of Lagos alone talk more of Nigeria? Population is also an issue in power consumption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by OkunrinOloro: 10:11am On Apr 27, 2019
Chukwuka16:
This has always been the problem.

The grid has to be decentralised. Of course since it's a centralised grid the trip of that major line means that the capacity of the grid is seriously reduced hence the need to shut down Egbin (imagine). If the grid were decentralised and generating stations didn't have to pay homage to Osogbo it would have been easy to create islands and redistribute power.

This isn't rocket science but for Nigeria where we have round pegs in square holes it is undoable.

And these are the clowns talking of feeding renewables into the grid. If you are lacking capacity for conveying power now, what happens when you feed in intermittent power and Egbin drops out or any other n-1 or n-2 fault occurs?

This is the fault and responsibility of the federal government since TCN is owned solely by Nigeria still.

1 Like

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by naptu2: 10:15am On Apr 27, 2019
naptu2:

lifezone247:

Yea right badagry on of them.

hebenezher:
we have light overnight here in ikorodu, it was switched off this morning.

thebiggestgists:

There is kuku light here in epe till this morning

I'll take this as confirmation that places outside the city/on the outskirts of the city are not affected.
Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by awoo47: 10:17am On Apr 27, 2019
GreatManBee:

Abeg which area for IB? I'm currently in IB and there's been constant power around Oluyole.
apete arnd poly side
Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by stanley000: 10:19am On Apr 27, 2019
SarkinYarki:
for the last four years under Buhari electricity supply in Lagos has been horrible so I don't know what these ones are saying
same here. I wonder what difference bit would make, Nigerians will get the same story for the next 4years.

Here's the change the clamour for

1 Like

Re: Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity by BuhariAdvocate: 10:20am On Apr 27, 2019
Who care I will not pay for what I didn't use. I only pity those people who don't have meter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babafemi Ojudu: Not Surporting Tinubu Is Not Betrayal, I Won't Be Blackmailed / At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man / Nigeria Islands And Location

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.