Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! (15283 Views)

Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( / My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by bawomolo(m): 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2010
pinky lady:

this is just like the story my mom told me. there is this couple that were about getting married, two months to the wedding
girl found out she is pregnant and so had no option than to abort the preggy though with the consent of the husband to be who got her pregnant because the church (C.A.C) will not wed them with pregnancy (i was like WTF).  angry

i'm amazed by this. why commit an abortion to feign acceptance from a church. the claim she had no option is retarded

i don't think the christian god is impressed by deceit and abortion.  religion is not by force o. just go registry like spikey said.

ehen the koko of the matter is there were unable to conduct a white wedding becos she is an orphan so the pastor decided that they just conduct a court wedding. his reason being that he wouldn't want a situation where they would be sober reflection due to her parents absence on her wedding day.

ha ha orphan no fit marry for church again. Christianity get levels.

for my half-sister's wedding, she was walked to the aisle by my UNCLE. why should the absence of a parent stop a wedding?
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Rastamann: 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2010
Most Nigerians live in Hypocrisy. If church no gree do wedding for the guy, make he go court go do the wedding now. The main thing be say a wedding took palce and "what God has joined together let no man (including church, mosque, shrine) put asunder.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2010
@ Poster
I think you should take your question to the church in question.

I have read some of the comments and could see that most are bias and critical of the church while forgetting to mention anything about the couple. For those who are non-believers in Christ such responses are not uncommon. However I think both sides of the coin should be looked at.
Does the couple agree with the church doctrine? I would say NO. I am not very familiar with how the Redeemed church go about wedding but most evangelicals believe that wedding is between a man and a woman, and not a man, a woman, and a baby. They usually ask couples to carry out pregnancy test in order that the church may at least be seen to have proven beyond reasonable doubt that  the wedding is between two people and not three. Where pregnancy test is postive, couples are required to remain single till the child is born after which a wedding is done. The couple is expected to repent of their sins  because they were not supposed to be involved in sexual sin before marriage( it should be noted that some couples walk up to the church leadership to confess their sins and ask for counselling). Where couples do not agree with a local church doctrine they move on just as your friend as done in this case.I must however say that those who accept to wed people they know little or nothing about should be questioned the most.

Whilst it is good to wed in a church, there is nothing wrong with traditional wedding or court wedding. It is not compulsory to wed in a church as the Nigerian constitution recognise three types of wedding, and the bible does not state that you ust wed in a church. A believer in Christ should only seek to abide by his faith whatever wedding he/she soughts. If your friend's church opearte by such principles it would be unfair to treat your friend specially. No one has forced your friend to join his church, and he too should not force the church to live by his own standards. The church should only be blamed if your friend is treated differently from others. To condemn this church apart from this reason is to be bias ( non objective)

You should also be careful not to impose your opinion on others. If that is what the church belives it has a right to such beliefs. If your friend disagrees let him move on and do not try to condemn what you know nothing about, it is like displaying fooly in a market square.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Ujuslim: 5:42pm On Sep 21, 2010
I think what the church did is wrong because this single act will automatically encourage abortion. Most people especially women will like their husbands to take them to the Altar of God to say I do, and most of them will not like to risk that just because they are pregnant, thereby, warranting or pushing them into terminating an unborn baby. Although couples should try as much as possible to stay away from sex before wedlock, but lawmakers in the church should also consider some certain things before enacting a law to avoid HAD I KNOWN.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by nnajiofo: 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2010
If there true love between them let them forget about the man and the church.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2010
It happens a lot in my church. Weddings get cancelled,
The fact is that you ve know all ur life, its not like its a new rule, so if u re pregnant , don push it,
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by opeyemiolu(f): 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2010
Av always known rccg for their hypocrasy. They sack my boss from being a pastor for remarryn instead of stayn single and commitn fornication. Paul said we are no longer under the law of man. There was law against adultery wish jesus and the woman that commited adultery were aware of but jesus did not condemn her instead he said go and sin no more. I know that act of jesus must av change so many adulterers compare to if jesus has condemn her. So let ur friend go to another church. I guess one rccg pastor that has been disturbm me that he want to have sex with will refuse to wed pregnant couple in his church saying it is against the church doctrine. I communicate directly with my God and anytime i go astray, all i need to say is am sorry he is always eager to accept me back. Remember the parable of the prodigal son.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2010
opeyemiolu:

Av always known rccg for their hypocrasy. They sack my boss from being a pastor for remarryn instead of stayn single and commitn fornication. Paul said we are no longer under the law of man. There was law against adultery wish jesus and the woman that commited adultery were aware of but jesus did not condemn her instead he said go and sin no more. I know that act of jesus must av change so many adulterers compare to if jesus has condemn her. So let your friend go to another church. I guess one rccg pastor that has been disturbm me that he want to have intimacy with will refuse to wed pregnant couple in his church saying it is against the church doctrine. I communicate directly with my God and anytime i go astray, all i need to say is am sorry he is always eager to accept me back. Remember the parable of the prodigal son.

It's not only in RCCG, some other church does not wed them when the bride is expecting, like Baptist
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by okeymadu(m): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2010
@OP. Kai, I came in late into this topic,

Don't mind these yeye people called church administrators.

Assuming that the she was not pregnant and the wedding holds, and after three to five years no pregnancy wont they start holding vigils and deliverance sessions for her?

I see this pregnancy as a blessing. wont sinners marry again?

So, where is forgiveness and the place of grace in all these.
Should man live by law or by Grace in Christ Jesus?
Any church your friend chooses for his wedding is good in as much as he is satisfied with his conscience.

That's all I have to say for now.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 21, 2010
just fall into Fountain of Life Church Pastor tayo odukoya's missus delivered 8 mths after they got married.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Meldrick(m): 6:47pm On Sep 21, 2010
I see no reason why we should be arguing over this issue. Laws are made to guide the conduct of man. Every community, every tribe has laws and every individual must abide by it.
Your friend was very aware of the Redeem policy of No sex before marriage. He was even aware of the fact that he will never be married if his fiancee was pregnant so why does he feel the law should be bent for his sake.

It is not compulsory to wed in the church. Rather than cry wolf, he should go and get married in the court. God recognises the court and traditional marriage. There shouldn't be any big deal.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by mbulela: 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2010
The same Redeemed that joined Ali Baba and his present wife (Mary)?
Not only did they have a child in the past, they were already leaving together when they were joined in one of the parishes on the Island (abi Lekki).
The Sharia in the church is sickening.
I have no problem with these laws if they are applied even handedly.
The problem is that they are applied selectively.

They will insist you attend all sorts of membership classes and meet several religious obligations before they join you.
but one big member's daughter arrives from the UK(S) on a friday morning and is joined on saturday morning by the Senior pastor.
meanwhile for all the classes you attended, you might be joined by one apprentice pastor as the Senior pastor is busy over that weekend.

The church is so like the world that it is sickening and i wonder how God truly feels about his bride.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by mbulela: 6:53pm On Sep 21, 2010
on the other side, if the church says no sex before marriage, try to keep to it or stick to a traditional wedding and go to a pastor afterwards to bless your union.
he could even do that during your trad wedding.
afterall this white wedding thing is just cultural.
why be hypocritical and break the rules while pretending?
if you don't like the rules, find another church and tell the pastor why you are quitting.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Kzea: 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2010
the CHURC has done a wrong thing by not letting the wedding to take place.
as mattter of fact only GOD  KNOWS WHO IS WORSHIPING HIM.
THE DEEDS HAS BEEN DONE.DOES IT MEAN THAT BECAUSE THE WIFE IS PREGNANT WEDDING IS NOT GOING TO TAKE PLACE.
WHAT THE PASTOR SHOULD HAVE DONE IS TO ADVICE THE TWO COUPLE .LET THEM KNOW THE BIBLICAL IMPORTANCE OF WAITING TO THEIR WEDDING DAY BEFORE METTING EACH OTHER.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by jarkbauer: 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2010
you all are dumb and have no regard for God's laws.y'all wanna go abt pre-maritally phucking and still think God is pleased with you.this issue is this if you lose your virginity and repent and be remorseful abt your actions God will forgive you but if you keep phucking thinking it's normal then you are in soup.
a fornicator is the one that engages in pre marital sex and it is forbidden so someone that is pregnant before marriage is a fornicator.so how do you expect them to join fornicators in the house of God.doing that is tantamount to approving immorality
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by mbulela: 7:02pm On Sep 21, 2010
jarkbauer:

you all are dumb and have no regard for God's laws.y'all wanna go abt pre-maritally phucking and still think God is pleased with you.this issue is this if you lose your virginity and repent and be remorseful abt your actions God will forgive you but if you keep phucking thinking it's normal then you are in soup.
a fornicator is the one that engages in pre marital sex and it is forbidden so someone that is pregnant before marriage is a fornicator.so how do you expect them to join fornicators in the house of God.doing that is tantamount to approving immorality

what if they repent after fornicating and God forgives them (but she is pregnant), can the Church join them?
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by eros(m): 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2010
Hmmmmm!!!!! Bad guy. The brother couldn't wait till they were join in holy matrimony. What a shame, after all the BLESS YOU BROTHER, BLESS YOU SISTER in church. Them still enter corner do quicky. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2010
oyb:

just fall into Fountain of Life Church Pastor tayo odukoya's missus delivered 8 mths after they got married.

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/9000/7/pastor-taiwo-odukoya-explains-wifes-early-delivery.html
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by jarkbauer: 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2010
mbulela:

what if they repent after fornicating and God forgives them (but she is pregnant), can the Church join them?
yes they could have but they  still have to inform those taking the lead among them-pastors who will in-turn pray a prayer  spiritual recovery from their infirmity.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by alldone(m): 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2010
it will serve as a deterent to others since that is the rule of the church.
they can go to court and do it
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Goldenmeda(m): 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
So re u telling me not to impregnate my wife b4 marriage, rubbish
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by sexy74(m): 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2010
[color=#990000][/color]i have read the contibution of many people and most where right with in their own way and logic.
Sincerely if the church rules say no pre marital sex they should know that they should abide by the laws of the church.
I always ask people which is more important, church or traditional wedding?
Most churches or should i use the word ''right thinking churches dont wedd people without the tradtional rights been done. After the traditional right you are married even in the eyes of the law. Sso what ever you do with your wife its no one business.
Marrying in church happens because you feel like fraternising with them.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Busybody2(f): 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2010
Ain't this the same Church with Festus Iragbola or wetincall - aka the man with the biggest Bible in the whole universe - as one of their head honcho undecided Well i guess some sin are greater than others before God undecided What do i know afterall lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

pinky lady:

this is just like the story my mom told me. there is this couple that were about getting married, two months to the wedding
girl found out she is pregnant and so had no option than to abort the preggy though with the consent of the husband to be who got her pregnant because the church will not wed them with pregnancy (i was like WTF).  angry

to cut long story short its now over a year the lady can't concieve and the husband is making her life a living hell by alwz beating her.
his reason: he needs children if not na so so bad luck go dey follow am.

ehen the koko of the matter is there were unable to conduct a white wedding becos she is an orphan so the pastor decided that they just conduct a court wedding. his reason being that he wouldn't want a situation where they would be sober reflection due to her parents absence on her wedding day.

so now no church wedding and she had already conducted an abortion.  cry cry cry

i really felt sorry for her as she has no body to run as her parents are dead

shocked shocked shocked

Psalm 68:5 ~ A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, [is] God in his holy habitation.

Psalm 10:14 ~ But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to you; you are the helper of the fatherless.

Psalm 146:9 ~ The LORD watches over the alien and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.

Deutoronomy 10:18 ~ He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing.

Jeremiah 49:11 ~ Leave your orphans; I will protect their lives. Your widows too can trust in me."

Hosea 14:3 ~ Assyria cannot save us; we will not mount war-horses. We will never again say 'Our gods' to what our own hands have made, for in you the fatherless find compassion."

NA WA FOR SOME PASTOR OLUMBA OLUMBA OH shocked shocked shocked cry

I STILL KNOW MY REDEEMER LIVES THOUGH cool
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Aladunni(f): 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2010
belabela:

@ Poster
I think you should take your question to the church in question.

I have read some of the comments and could see that most are bias and critical of the church while forgetting to mention anything about the couple. For those who are non-believers in Christ such responses are not uncommon. However I think both sides of the coin should be looked at.
Does the couple agree with the church doctrine? I would say NO. I am not very familiar with how the Redeemed church go about wedding but most evangelicals believe that wedding is between a man and a woman, and not a man, a woman, and a baby. They usually ask couples to carry out pregnancy test in order that the church may at least be seen to have proven beyond reasonable doubt that  the wedding is between two people and not three. Where pregnancy test is postive, couples are required to remain single till the child is born after which a wedding is done. The couple is expected to repent of their sins  because they were not supposed to be involved in sexual sin before marriage( it should be noted that some couples walk up to the church leadership to confess their sins and ask for counselling). Where couples do not agree with a local church doctrine they move on just as your friend as done in this case.I must however say that those who accept to wed people they know little or nothing about should be questioned the most.

Whilst it is good to wed in a church, there is nothing wrong with traditional wedding or court wedding. It is not compulsory to wed in a church as the Nigerian constitution recognise three types of wedding, and the bible does not state that you ust wed in a church. A believer in Christ should only seek to abide by his faith whatever wedding he/she soughts. If your friend's church opearte by such principles it would be unfair to treat your friend specially. No one has forced your friend to join his church, and he too should not force the church to live by his own standards. The church should only be blamed if your friend is treated differently from others. To condemn this church apart from this reason is to be bias ( non objective)

You should also be careful not to impose your opinion on others. If that is what the church belives it has a right to such beliefs. If your friend disagrees let him move on and do not try to condemn what you know nothing about, it is like displaying fooly in a market square.

best response so far
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Gamine(f): 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2010
mädchen:

Disclaimer: I haven't read the replies, 

Question: Does the bible really say one must be a virgin ?  If it does where? I'm really curious

People Interpret the bible the way they want, and people who are not ready to open their heads
will accept whatever 'pastor' 'GO' 'Prophet' 'Papa' tells them.

The bible only said a man will leave his family and cleave to his wife,
there was no 'White wedding' , no condition/status or whatsoever. Pastors and co are just taking the mickey.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by manblaaque(m): 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2010
@echidima,i agree wt u.y not just opt 4d traditnal/court wedn and 4get d church marriage-they're al legally recognized!y ar ppl so crazy abt church marriage anyway?d flowing,white gown or wat?
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by YoAdek333(m): 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2010
I guess the couple got what they deserve - being members of an organization that took a fine simple and elegant religion, introduced superstitions and then expect the members to abide with a moral code that most of the rule makers flaunt daily.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Gamine(f): 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2010
YoAdek333:

I guess the couple got what they deserve - being members of an organization that took a fine simple and elegant religion, introduced superstitions and then expect the members to abide with a moral code that most of the rule makers flaunt daily.

My sentiments exactly. In another form cheesy

deepsight: . . . . . His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Vescucci, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fish of the Sea, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular. .

MyJoe: Now, why would anyone say this of Philosopher Vescucci, Ph.D., OON, OBE, Master of the Rolls, Viceroy of India, Doctor of Letters?

LMAO.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by amosexy: 10:54pm On Sep 21, 2010
Even traditional wedding does not support sex before marriage not now talking of preggy b4 marriage. But since we dont even av culture anymore due to civilization wetin pesin go do. If you wan shag ur wife b4 marriage shag am,if you nor want ur kettle of fish but make una no blame churches wey no fit join una if una get belle.

1+1= 1 that is wat the bible says nt 2+1= 1
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by dayokanu(m): 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2010
I would like to know if the church bothered to refund the tithes and offering contributed by this fornicating couples for the past years when they have been sinning.

Or the church doesnt reject sinners money?
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by mamagee3(f): 11:32pm On Sep 21, 2010
Is that the only Church in Lagos for the wedding? undecided

Please, tell your friend to move on, there are so many churches in Lagos.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by asunaobi(m): 12:17am On Sep 22, 2010
Could someone please tell the pastor/owner of that church to sell all his belongings and distribute it to the poor!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TB Joshua Ministries Deny 2Go Death Prophecy Rumour / Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? / Natural Man, Spiritual Man Or Carnal Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.