Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! (15284 Views)

Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( / My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by lightest(m): 10:11am On Sep 24, 2010
most of us are elluded when it comes to church of a thing.  The question is that most of this men of God, are they really men of God? i have a friend that aborted for his wife so that they could have a church wedding and now to my believe God is really punishing them for it. the marriage is now 7 years and guess what no kid coming. they have ran different and series of test all expensive yet they both of them knew that they missed it from day one.  So let this church nonsense go to sleep.  After all, most of this pastors are suit robbers.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by ochungal(f): 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2010
Lightest I like yu 'talk' wink. I am amazed that so many Africans embrace Christianity, the tool that was used to divide, conquer, enslave , slaughter and oppress the people of the continent, and along with the very bible that they use to dictate the reasons for racial divide. undecided undecided I notice it's now being used by the converts, or victims, to oppress, judge and degrade their own. Religon is a funny thing when interpreted to suit ones selfish means. I bet any money that nuff of these congregants pastors childrens goes to fine schools and pastors wife is living very well, while the congregants can't find food, or school fee for their children, hey just sayin, grin grin grin
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by tpiah: 4:36am On Sep 25, 2010
Is Sex not Marriage?

no it's not.

i guess you're thinking of that verse that says someone who sleeps with a p.rostitute has become one with the p.rostitute.

it doesnt mean marriage but something else.

s.ex is supposed to be part of marriage, not necessarily marriage itself, and since practically everybody engages in casual s.ex anyway, why this kind of question.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Echidime(m): 9:45am On Sep 26, 2010
Why do girls of these days love opening and closing their legs so easily? this is really very embarrasing,as one can't find a virgin again to marry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by newmi(m): 12:04am On Sep 27, 2010
ochungal:

Lightest I like yu 'talk' wink. I am amazed that so many Africans embrace Christianity, the tool that was used to divide, conquer, enslave , slaughter and oppress the people of the continent, and along with the very bible that they use to dictate the reasons for racial divide. undecided undecided I notice it's now being used by the converts, or victims, to oppress, judge and degrade their own. Religon is a funny thing when interpreted to suit ones selfish means. I bet any money that nuff of these congregants pastors childrens goes to fine schools and pastors wife is living very well, while the congregants can't find food, or school fee for their children, hey just sayin, grin grin grin

Perhaps you belong to the Rationalist group or maybe the Emperilist because you really are forgetting that Christianity was a great excuse for the walls of our ignorance to be permeated by westhern education. For instance, it is on record that in the history journalism in Nigeria, the first news paper to be published was the 'IWE IROYIN' by the Rt. Rev. Herry Townsend.

For a moment, you might want to take a second thought at some of your comments
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by ochungal(f): 2:08am On Sep 27, 2010
Newmi: I'm trying to understand what you're saying to me, it's some what lost in translation. However, if your telling me that I am wrong for what I say, then fair, but its my opinion and my life experiences that has set my path in life to resist what I don't favor.

If you notice under my name it saids that I am from the West Indies (Jamaica). Unlike you, I don't know from where my African bloodline started. I am a decendant of someone or a few people who were kidnapped, bounded in chains from the neck, wrist, waist and feet and thrown into the bottom of a slavers ship, and brought to a strange land and placed on an auction block and sold for less than the price of a horse.   

My history tells of the hardship my ancestor (s) indured and of the punishment metted out to him or her to accept the religeon of his/hers Human Master. So don't be mad if I have anything personal against the christian faith. Should I be rejoiceful because in 1859 a pastor in Africa published the first indigneous Yoruba paper Again, lost in translation; because I cannot remember what I don't know, sorry, you'll have to school me on your history without condeming me. But I will let you know off the bat that I am ANTI-CHRISTIAN. Although, I don't like the faith doesn't mean that I will over-extend myself to be disrespectful to its followers (meaning to personally attack anyone on the site), but I'll sure as hell throw fire on it at any given chance  wink
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by tpiah: 4:15am On Sep 27, 2010
you're quite obviously not aware christianity preceded europe.

are you muslim by any chance?
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by tshepiso(f): 11:12am On Sep 27, 2010
Whatever happened to not judging people,but some churches are the first to judge their members and try to run peoples lives according to `WHAT THE CHURCH THINKS IS RIGHT` .The couple should be able to get married at a church of their choice without any pregnancy test what is all this! angry
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Realestdude: 11:23am On Sep 27, 2010
i think d only test churches should carry out is genotype and hiv tests,nothing else!
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by tayore: 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2010
In reality you are joined to whoever you've had Sex with. That's why Sex should not be toyed with.

The questions thrown at my post are answered in same post. Perharps if you read and re-read you might catch the light there-in.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by ochungal(f): 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2010
tpiah: I am aware of the history of religon, therefore I denounce ALL that has no roots in my African ancestory ( I am of East Indian and Scottish mix, as well). No I'm not of the Islamic faith. At present, the only known links (that I am aware of) that connects Africa with the Christian religon is Ethiopia, and that also includes the oldest practice of Judism, all linked because of Sheba & Soloman. Christianity is an imported religon, because the mention of Africans in the bible can fit on the head of a pin.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by tpiah: 7:33pm On Sep 27, 2010
^^you're not aware moses had an ethiopian wife who preceded sheba and solomon?

you never heard of simon of cyrene or niger?

Christianity is an imported religon, because the mention of Africans in the bible can fit on the head of a pin.

this is not an intelligent statement, i'm sorry to say.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by ochungal(f): 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2010
tpiah: First and foremost, do not underestimate or devalue my intelligence. I honestly cannot hold conversations with anyone who'll attempt to do such.  Thanks. 

Same thing I told the poster before you, if you want to school me on your continents history, fine, but don't condem me for the facts that I have, there are ways to use facts without twisting them to suit ones agenda.

Now, you same one went right back to my point about Christinaity and Africa "fitting on the head of a pin"- could you not call out many more examples  Moses wife being ETHIOPIAN, Once again, Like I stated previously, it will always fall back to Ethiopia.  "Simone of Cyerne or niger" (tipah). Niger that has a population of 80% muslims and the other 20% is a combination of Christianity and all other   grin grin ?  "Simone of Ceyren or Niger" didn't make quite on impact on his native land by Importing the outside religion/faith, after the Romans cruxified Jesus. Percentages are from the world facts reported for this FY 2010.

Africa is the CRADLE of Humanity/civilization, not Christianity. Ergo, it was exported from foreign territories and imported into Africa.

P.S. Said fact checker has Nigeria at 50% Muslims, 40% Christians & 10 percent traditional.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by tpiah: 5:59am On Sep 28, 2010
^^well, if you want to deem yourself intelligent, then your utterances should reflect something like that. Cant really say they have so far. No need to take it personally.

you mean to say you dont know which parts of africa were known as ethiopian in ancient times?

Niger that has a population of 80% muslims and the other 20% is a combination of Christianity and all other 

simon called niger has nothing to do with modern day niger republic which you're referring to.   

unless you have evidence to the contrary?

Africa is the CRADLE of Humanity/civilization, not Christianity. Ergo, it was exported from foreign territories and imported into Africa.

you contradict yourself.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by ochungal(f): 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2010
Morning (from my part of the globe)  grin

You mentioned "Simon of cyrene 'or Niger', so what you expect me to do? create a new Niger and manipulate the data since it doesn't please you? YOU mentioned Niger, not I.  If you remove the land border of Niger, Nigeria, Libya, Chad, Benin, Togo, Burkina Faso, Ghana, etc, etc, etc, what will you name it? Niger? Hmm, don't think your people would want that. By right it's Simon of Cyeren (not Niger) which would mean that Simon hailed from Libya (97% Sunni Muslim & 3%other grin Don't like those numbers either?

From what I know about Ethiopia and according to ancient and modern day map, It hasn't move. Current partition is Eritrea.  I don't need to cloud the issue about all the names and land borders created by Europeans. Me? Contradict myself?? LOLOL  YOUR reference to Simone of Cyeren or NIGER did that.  grin grin ARE YOU NIGERIAN?? I think your from NIGER and want Nigeria land border removed,  grin

Africa being the cradle of Humanity & Civilization (thank goodness they even give credit to that) doesn't mean that its the origin of Christianity, so how me contridict mi self?? I've already sense your motive and that is to bait and degrad.  Still my argument stands because you still haven't given anything but TWO examples of black people in the bible, then you attempt to argue about land borders  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, GRIP YU "GOOD" BOOK AND COME BACK WITH SUFFICENT EVIDENCE.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by tpiah: 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2010
^^i really dont have your time.

we have many of you on nl, and while it's fun watching you slip when presented with rock solid facts, i'd rather not waste my gigabytes in this manner.

in your fantasy world, egypt isnt in africa and neither is cush.

have fun chatting with yourself and feeling funky.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by anonimi: 10:12pm On Sep 28, 2010
i guess someone should remind these church businessmen masquerading as god's representative/pastors that Mary the mother of Jesus was pregnant before she was married to Joseph.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Enigma(m): 10:29pm On Sep 28, 2010
^^^ And Jesus' lineage included a 'prosti-tute' ---- Rahab the harlot!

Edited
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by ochungal(f): 1:49am On Sep 29, 2010
Tipah: I also notice that there are many of "you" on this site as well. Don't start anything and there won't be anything. Since you are challenged in facts let me help you out.

FEMALES:
1. Zipporah- is the wife of Moses who faced racism
2. Jael- destroyer of Israels army, her tactics would be considered witchcraft
3. Hager- Gave birth to abraham son Ishmael, She is referred to as a sex slave
4. Asenath- she took Joseph's virginity---rock his boat  grin grin

MALES: YOU should know them since you're soooooo smart and well informed! Can't help you out too much. Check your spelling as well, NOT CUSH, It's Kush-Ethiopia, Libya is Phut. 

No matter what you say, POINT still stands- YOUR BIBLE DOESN'T REPRESENT ME. So little mention and yet main focus is all negatives (Ham curse) that enslaved my ancestors and still oppress the decendants! Are you of the Elite class that profited from Slavery why you so QUICK to challenge me  angry

***TIPAH!! When you engage yourself in battle make sure you know which side yu will draw your sword from!  grin grin grin LIP SERVICE gets drown out when the battle cry and the drums have sounded! "Know thy enemy", YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!!!  wink I know you and yu one liners & Demeaning attitude!
P.S. Please DON'T address me again, if you can't be civilize and share information without being presumptious and acting as if you are the BRAIN of the universe there's ZERO need for me to respond to you, as well.
Osa Eyila.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by tpiah: 3:25am On Sep 29, 2010
^^is there a particular reason you're foaming at the mouth?

ode buruku.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by tpiah: 3:28am On Sep 29, 2010
Enigma:

^^^ And Jesus' lineage included a 'prosti-tute' ---- Rahab the harlot!

Edited

what's your point?

there are no pr.ostitutes in your own lineage? How do you know that?
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by anonimi: 6:15am On Sep 29, 2010
tpiah:

what's your point?

the point is these pastors who claim to be representatives of god are literally crying more than the bereaved.
remember that Christ pardoned the woman adulterer but whipped and chased out money changers in the synagogue. that should tell you something about what should be the priority of christians (those who are like Christ), pastors included.
remember also that mary magdalene, who was christ's friend was a p'rostitute.
again, the point is religion is MOSTLY about taking you on a guilt trip and looking forward to the pastor, imam, guru etc to interced on your behalf with YOUR God. and you unwittingly place yourself under the guy's control and on top he makes money from your MUGUness
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by KunleOshob(m): 8:00am On Sep 29, 2010
@anonimi
There is no biblical evidence that mary magdalene was a prostitute, the bible never described her as such. It was another mary that was described as a prostitute in the bible and not mary magdalene. Calling her a prostitute is just church creation one of so many false teachings being peddled around today.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by Enigma(m): 9:38am On Sep 29, 2010
anonimi:

the point is these pastors who claim to be representatives of god are literally crying more than the bereaved.
remember that Christ pardoned the woman adulterer but whipped and chased out money changers in the synagogue. that should tell you something about what should be the priority of christians (those who are like Christ), pastors included. . . .

I wonder! And the Rahab the harlot of whom we speak was counted among the heroes of faith in Hebrews 11 (v. 31)

By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by tpia5: 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
Well, thats unfortunate but look on the bright side- the wedding still got to hold, just at a different venue.

At least the groom didnt abscond?

And well, if the bride WAS pregnant and it was against church policy, then they should be humble about it since THEY are the ones who intentionally had sex.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by tpia5: 4:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
Any updates btw.
Re: My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! by St3v33n(m): 2:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
ow11:
Sour grapes! Rules are made no matter how inconsiderate and irresponsible they may seem to some people. However, if you are a member of a group, you are usually aware of the rules and should not scream blue murder when you run foul to such rules.

In an undemocratic setting like a church, it is even worse as the only right you have is to simply walk away. Your friend had no business wasting the time of the pastors. Since he knew his fiancée was pregnant, he should have quietly sought a church where such rules are not enforced to do his thing instead of making you get worried over nothing and create a thread as such.

On the other hand, born-again Christians are not supposed to have intimacy but non-virgins are allowed to get born again and as such renders a chastity test moot in the event of checking for signs of backsliding. Whether the church has the right to physically ensure its members are following the teachings of Jesus is another kettle of fish and should normally be beyond the scope of this thread.

GOOD POINT, WHY WASTE THE PASTOR'S TIME WHEN YOU KNOW THE RULES BINDING ON ALL INTENDING COUPLES,...SINCE A PASTOR IN RCCG CAN ONLY JUDGE YOU ON THE BASIS OF THE RCCG FOUNDATION AND WON'T HAVE LEGAL OR SPIRITUAL RIGHT OVER YOU IF YOUR FRIEND QUIETLY MOVED...AND ON JUDGING...YOU CAN'T JUDGE AN OUTSIDER BUT ON BASIS OF SCRIPTURE...OUR LIVES CAN BE SCREENED,ACCESSED, EXAMINED AND sorry JUDGED...1 cor 5:12 and 13...BUT YOU HAVE NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THAT IF YOU CONSTANTLY EXAMINE YOURSELF...2cor 13:5...shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TB Joshua Ministries Deny 2Go Death Prophecy Rumour / Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? / Natural Man, Spiritual Man Or Carnal Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.