Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,559 members, 7,823,457 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK (30290 Views)

Flag Of Nigerian High Commission In The UK Pulled Down (Video) / EndSARS: Protesters Force Odumosu, Lagos Police Commissioner To Trek 10km / Nigerians React As South Africa High Commissioner To Nigeria Denies Xenophobia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by Just2endowed2(m): 10:15am On May 01, 2019
Getbizzzy:
A high commissioner of any particular country in a foreign country is assumed or presumed to be the government in place of that country in question.... And that is how compromised the intelligence gathering and sharing between the Nigerian government in the homestead and the one in the UK would be heavily compromised because the Pakistani lady will have to first access to our information and decides what to do with it before anything else.

But does stuffs like that really matter to Nigeria?

Do we have any official intelligence gathering mechanism to start with fes?

Just look at ordinary contract won by a Chinese tech firm -Hauwei, to build the UK's 5G network infrastructure is already causing ripples because the US is fearing that the Chinese government may use Hauwei for espionage and has threatened that they may stop sharing intelligence with the UK because it may end up in the hands of the Chinese via Hauwei.

But here we are, a foreigner is an official secretary to Nigeria's high commissioner to the UK.

What do Nigeria really live for?

Bros forget.... This generation is more clueless. Some here are still defending her. OK what if she is a Nigerian by marriage, does it still mean she won't spy for her first love nation? I just taya for this useless country.

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by RTSC: 10:16am On May 01, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by Millz404(m): 10:18am On May 01, 2019
limeta:

Pakistan embassy won't even take a nigeria as a cleaner .
Based on what premises
Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by limeta(f): 10:20am On May 01, 2019
Millz404:

Based on what premises

I guess you never travel out of nigeria

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by ayobamiakinrind(m): 10:20am On May 01, 2019
JusticeSeeker:
Can't you reason she may be married to a Nigerian?

You said "may", that's probability. The certainty here is that she's a Pakistani.

3 Likes

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by Fhowe: 10:21am On May 01, 2019
JusticeSeeker:
totally irrelevant ,nigerians just like to make issues out of everything

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by limeta(f): 10:21am On May 01, 2019
Millz404:

Based on what premises

I guess you never travel out of nigeria
Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by StTrump: 10:21am On May 01, 2019
Sometimes to kill all Nigerian's leaders dey hungry person! grin

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by limeta(f): 10:23am On May 01, 2019
Millz404:

Based on what premises

You should not be on the topic at all
Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by inspector1(m): 10:23am On May 01, 2019
=JusticeSeeker Can't you reason she may be married to a Nigerian?

U need to borrow brain..... How can a foreigner be a secretary of my own high commission? She must be fired asap.

3 Likes

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by olas24u(f): 10:25am On May 01, 2019
It will be denied and they will say the author is imagining things ,with big big English .
Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by Babanah: 10:29am On May 01, 2019
She does not have to be a Nigerian. It's obvious she is not a diplomatic or consular staff. Don't we have Nigerians working in embassies and high commissions in Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by Olayinkaoj(m): 10:32am On May 01, 2019
A consular secretary must be a citizen of the the host country. The lady, if she is a British citizen, is qualified to be the secretary. A Nigerian must not be used as a secretary in a Nigerian Embassy abroad.

That's the rule

3 Likes

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by Blue3k(m): 10:34am On May 01, 2019
JusticeSeeker:

That would make her Nigerian but these guys didn't factor that in. You can become Nigerian through marriage.

Millz404:
So Nigerians can hold top positions in other countries but it is a taboo when foreigners hold top position in Nigeria

Lol uts funny how that works. The only concern should be whether she's Nigerian or not. Lots of duel citizens hold sensitive positions.

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by popsyleo1: 10:35am On May 01, 2019
The worst place to visit when you travel out of Nigeria is Nigeria High Commission. The treatment you will receive will baffle you. In 2007/2008 I was in China teaching but when the school that employed me told me to renew my visa that they would take care of all the expenses. I tried but to no avail. I did not know that the school had issues with the government and it was difficult for them to renew my visa. I went to the Embassy with my contract to know if the High Commission would call the school either to pay me off or pay my outstanding salary. They abandoned me. Only one man, Austin Baby Chukwurah the minster extra ordinary gave me little assistance as a fellow Igbo man. Our officials prefers to help a foreigner to their fellow citizens. Such happened to me in Pakistan. I approached the High Commission for advise they deserted me because I am not an Hausa. The Consular Officer even said it that he don't like listening to Igbos.
They are ready to employ a foreign dog than their citizens.
Could you imagine employing a Pakistani that are very wicked where there citizens are jobless. Anyway there was a country.

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by Nobody: 10:36am On May 01, 2019
Well, why not?
The Nigerian Ambassador to the US is 82 years old and can hardly walk. Do not be surprised if his own secretary is American, Mexican or even Cameroonian.
It is the Naija psyche. It is inexplicable.

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by Skmoda360(m): 10:37am On May 01, 2019
what a fuckery? Is this a country? shai!!!! where is my visa i dey commot asap undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by veesion: 10:42am On May 01, 2019
COUNTRY HAS FAILED TEY TEY

HYPOCRICY
TRIBALISM
GREED

TINUBU WANTS TO BECOME PRESIDENT THEREFORE WEATHER FULANI WANTS TO KILL MAIM AND SACK EVERY SINGLE VILLAGE IN BENUE HIM NO SEND

ABOKI MUST BE RETURNED BY BLOOD BY FIRE

ALL THE PROMISES MADE BY APC LED GOV FROM FIGHTING CORRUPTION TO EMPLOYMENTS nothing but he must b returned more millions can die no shaking

Me Im glad there is a move already from many among my people to dissociate itself from this expired union trying to thrive further on INJUSTICE (it can't be possible for long anyway )
Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by BabaIbo: 10:50am On May 01, 2019
roundman:
I wanted to visit Norway some time ago, and the lady that interview me at the Norwagian embassy was a Nigerian,i think the question here should be can a non national work in another nation high commission, for me the answer is yes because i have experience it.

Your case is different.

If I am not wrong, there is a law that states that every country must use a citizen of the host country as the consular secretary of their National high commission in that country. And moreover they might employ her for better communication with citizens of Nigeria since the dealings will be mostly with them.

Now compare your own with her case, she is a Pakistani and not a British

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by frankmoney(m): 10:55am On May 01, 2019
BabaIbo:

Your case is different.

If I am not wrong, there is a law that states that every country must use a citizen of the host country as the consular secretary of their National high commission in that country. And moreover they might employ her for better communication with citizens of Nigeria since the dealings will be mostly with them.

so what if she's a British citizen ? You don't know that for sure right ? You just heard one part of the story . And I guess the host country won't give work permit to a foreigner for a job that's meant for it's citizen

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by Xisnin(m): 10:58am On May 01, 2019
lobell:

Can't you reason that she is a spy?
Spying on what?

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by Xisnin(m): 10:59am On May 01, 2019
RTSC:

Those Nigerians are citizens and can be charged for treason in their new countries.
Is the Pakistani lady a citizen?
Most are not citizens.
Work permit is not the same as citizenship.

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by Xisnin(m): 11:00am On May 01, 2019
Millz404:
So Nigerians can hold top positions in other countries but it is a taboo when foreigners hold top position in Nigeria
Don't mind them.
Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by Xisnin(m): 11:02am On May 01, 2019
Just2endowed2:

Bros forget.... This generation is more clueless. Some here are still defending her. OK what if she is a Nigerian by marriage, does it still mean she won't spy for her first love nation? I just taya for this useless country.
From the bold.
You will make a cheaper spy for any country than the Pakistani lady.
Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by Akolawole(m): 11:03am On May 01, 2019
Sometimes, we make mountain out of a molehill!

In all the embassies all over the world, there are other nationals working there.

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:04am On May 01, 2019
Millz404:
u de mind them tribalism has finished their soul...thats why here an anambra man is discriminated in abia...and de have told some pple to leave Lagos...
Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by roundman: 11:04am On May 01, 2019
BabaIbo:

Your case is different.

Bros this scene might be the same, she might just be some random office assistant but trust me once you have a small office here in naija and employ one babe as an errand person the next thing you hear"my secretary"will bring the document to you.less not over flog this issue.
Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by kapelvej: 11:05am On May 01, 2019
JusticeSeeker:
Fool, always defending the indefensible
Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by spiralwedge(m): 11:07am On May 01, 2019
All these useless unemployable unexposed Nigerians think their nepotic demented impune country is same as elsewhere, where there is no regulation whatsoever on anything.

I don't even want to say much.

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by Evercurious(f): 11:07am On May 01, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
How is that your business?If She's qualified for the job then so be it.

Then you must be one of our problems in Nigeria
Re: Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK by Studyinchina200(m): 11:09am On May 01, 2019
Funny ass country ,I was in Singapore yesterday and their immigration interrogated me for over 3 hours for being a Nigerian.

It’s a big crime traveling with a Nigerian passport smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abia Government: Smart Adeyemi Suffering From Protracted Case Of Mental Illness / Riot At Port Harcourt Prisons Over Inmate’s Death, Scores Wounded / "Okowa Betrayed Us!" - Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Tackle Delta Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.