Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership (8169 Views)

My New Role As Minister For Power Is Not About Competence But Leadership – Bayo / Orji Kalu Jail Was About 2023 Not Corruption But Will Get Presidential Pardon. / You Can Accuse Osinbajo Of Anything But Not Corruption - By Fredrick Nwabufo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by sharpden: 3:41pm On May 07, 2019
Yakubu Dogara, the Speaker of the 8th House of Representatives has said contrary to believe in some quarters that corruption is the major problem facing the country, the lack of leadership is to be blamed for the country’s woes.

Mr Dogara stated this on Tuesday while addressing participants at a conference organised by the Not-Too-Young-To-Run Movement.

President Muhammadu Buhari has often emphasized on the need to rid the country of corrupt elements, saying they are the major problems of the country.

Mr Buhari’s war against corruption is said to be selective mainly targeted at opposition politicians.

A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, recently accused the president of promoting corruption in the country by refusing to probe his allies alleged to be corrupt.

“Nigeria’s real disease is lack of leadership; I disagree with all those who say our major national disease is financial corruption; rather, the real disease has been the absence of true leadership,” Dogara said.

The speaker also said lack of direction by leaders in the country encouraged fraudulent conduct.

“This in turn breeds moral corruption and wickedness. Get a true leader that solves moral corruption and wickedness; when that happens, you will search for financial corruption to no avail.

“Unfortunately, the leadership model we have practised so far is the kind of leadership that produces sycophants who are expected to serve their political godfathers and not the people,” he said.

The lawmaker also blamed godfatherism for some of the conduct of those elected into positions in the country.

“Our so-called leaders have mastered the art of political witchcraft so much so that if you are independent minded, you are automatically disqualified.

“If for any reason you are picked, then you have to surrender your soul for them to eat in small bites until you become their worshiper.

“In the midst of this pandemic sycophancy, the so-called godfathers expect the children to fit in and not to stand up to be counted or make a difference.

“For you, trailblazers who carry the burden and the promises of a generation that must not fail, if you are ever going to get there, it must be on the wings of discipline that produces character.

“This is because without character, you cannot be men and women of influence and without influence, you cannot change anything. Character means that you cannot be separated from your word — a quality no godfather in history has ever possessed,” he said.

To overcome the challenges, Dogara charged the youths to apply an all-inclusive politics because politics means reaching out to all and not to lose sight of the long-term goal of representing their people, state and country.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/nigerias-major-problem-not-corruption-but-leadership-dogara/

1 Like

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:49pm On May 07, 2019
Hypocrisy 101.

If he had said corruption is not our only problem, I would have understood, but as it stands corruption has become enshrined in our DNA, that we don't seem to know what is wrong anymore, children doing expo is it a leadership problem, parents sorting for their kids is it a leadership problem, pump attendant adjusting meter is it a leadership problem, we have a host of problems, but corruption is at the forefront.

Our Parents , Society Style of education and religious sector have all failed and will continue to fail, until we tell ourselves the truth, " we are failures" accept that we are doing a lot of things wrong , only then can we chart a new path.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by demoBaba: 3:49pm On May 07, 2019
G
Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by iammo(m): 3:49pm On May 07, 2019
tongue

Says the budget padder, who suspended a lawmaker and House of Rep member for blowing whistle and leting the nigerians know how budgets were heavily inflated and how lawmakers earn money through monthly running cost in excess of 20 million

PDP thieving politicians knows that no matter what they say, their PDP slaves would agree, Abi didnt Ikpeazu win second term with free 2 litters kerosine??

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by godlyguy(m): 3:49pm On May 07, 2019
Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by Lifezhead: 3:49pm On May 07, 2019
B
Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by Younghacka(m): 3:49pm On May 07, 2019
Nah Now Day Dey Break For Your Side??
I Think The Universe Punished Us With Evil Leaders Back To Back.

1 Like

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by tstx(m): 3:49pm On May 07, 2019

Devil screaming the greatest problem of mankind is not evil but Satan.

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

6 Likes

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by Bossontop(m): 3:49pm On May 07, 2019
undecided
The major problem for naija be say "even small pikin know the problem of this country but nobody go gree implement the solutions"

1 Like

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by jaxxy(m): 3:50pm On May 07, 2019
Leadership and corruption pls. Nigeria is sooo corrupt it is almost unbelievable. I know what I’m saying.

Dubai made it to where they are because they had good leadership and reduced/eliminated corruption. Having good leadership and grand corruption is like cutting a tree with a blunt axe. Development will take centuries.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by Strongbest(m): 3:50pm On May 07, 2019
Lols. Yes, you're absolutely right...."corrupt leadership and some corrupt followers".

Just incase you're interested in learning production of cosmetic products, such as: Body cream, hair cream, liquid soap etc.
Kindly cliiick on my signature to join our free acquisition training on telegram.

You can also check our thread out here to have an idea of what's all about.

Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by KOLLYPROF(m): 3:50pm On May 07, 2019
Yeah, one of Nigeria's problems just lamented
Bad leadership breeds corruption

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by Ekakamba: 3:50pm On May 07, 2019
THE LEADERS ARE INDIRECTLY TELLING THE YOUTHS TO 'STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR JUST BASIC AMENITIES'.

BUT THE COWARDS PREFER TO WHINE LIKE A DYING HORSE DONKEY. grin tongue

ARGUE WITH YOUR CONSCIENCE. SHEYGU!

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by Udomite: 3:50pm On May 07, 2019
He is right. Our problem is leadership which we don't have. Facts speak

3 Likes

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by donaldde2: 3:50pm On May 07, 2019
Are u not part of the bad leader. Oloshi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by Opinedecandid(m): 3:50pm On May 07, 2019
True.
Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by Kendumazy(m): 3:51pm On May 07, 2019
The corrupt acts that lives inside them, is it corruption? Ohhh, it's stealing and not corruption as said by Jonathan. Oga dogara, take corruption out of the system and we will get leaders who are ready to serve. Let's get rid of the corruption which will make leadership unprofitable and as such they will be forced to serve.

Men long sleeve shirt from India for sale at #2000.
Check link https://www.nairaland.com/5159718/
clearance-sales-nice-colors-men

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by ednut1(m): 3:51pm On May 07, 2019
Are you not a leader My wish is to withess the overdue revolution every politicians would be captured and beheaded

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by naijajobx: 3:51pm On May 07, 2019
Liar
Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by Ebimor96: 3:51pm On May 07, 2019
grin grin
Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by Ebimor96: 3:51pm On May 07, 2019
grin grin cheesy
Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by yjgm(m): 3:51pm On May 07, 2019
What's this one saying?

3 Likes

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by uselesscountry: 3:51pm On May 07, 2019
you spoke well
Because the leaders are corrupt
Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by princeSammyz: 3:52pm On May 07, 2019
One implies the other. They necessarily accompany one another, so corruption remains our major problem in Nigeria, to me.

1 Like

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by soberdrunk(m): 3:52pm On May 07, 2019
angry
Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by lanrexdo(m): 3:52pm On May 07, 2019
Still trying to understand! 3 man of the country and 4th man of the country.

Are they not leaders ? who is to be blamed if not for them? They should be ashamed of themselves but do Nigeria politician no shame?

This is how bleeped up a country we are in. You are been voted into power to play the role of leaders, yet you are playing the blame game? for who? Sometimes i read news and i get sick to my stomach.

This country will get better but not this generation again.. Maybe few years before the end of the world because Corruption gives birth to bad leadership and bad followers!

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by anonymuz(m): 3:52pm On May 07, 2019
You are part of the problem oga, soon the ignorant people will still know they are and revolution is certain.

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by Meritocracy: 3:55pm On May 07, 2019
You're in house for several year till you became speaker and still complaining about leadership, can someone tell this almajiri who a leader is before he's stone to death by the followers.

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: Nigeria’s Major Problem Not Corruption But Leadership by fredoooooo: 3:55pm On May 07, 2019
Ogun kill you , bastard

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram / Buhari's Poorly Spoken English With Heavily Accented Fulani Is A Disgrace / Nigeria Is Truelly Beautiful, Yes She Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.