Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! (3424 Views)

Kogi Guber: Anxiety As APC Chieftains Pressure Aspirants To Step Down / APC Presidential Aspirants To Pay N27 Million For Forms / Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by wales(m): 6:27am On Sep 22, 2010
A Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has called for a debate, on the economy, among all the presidential aspirants on the economy.

Abubakar, a former vice-President, made the call after submitting his nomination form at the PDP national secretariat on Tuesday in Abuja.

The Adamawa State- born politician said the economy should be the main issue in the 2011 election campaigns.

“The issue of economic recovery for Nigeria cannot be a matter of wishful thinking nor of rhetoric. It is a subject for rigorous analyses and provision of well-thought, viable, practicable and sustainable strategy,” he said.

Abubakar said that all aspirants must be able to tell Nigerians how they intended to confront the challenges of the economy and reposition it for the benefit of all at the shortest possible time.

He said, “Of all the aspirants that have declared interest in the presidential election, I consider myself the most qualified to address the daunting economic challenges facing the country.

“I am the only one who has successfully managed a business and you need extensive knowledge of the private sector to combine its potential with the authority of the public sector to address this challenge.”

The former vice-president said his approach to resolving the economic crisis in the country was contained in a 47-page Policy Document he presented on August 15, 2010 while announcing his intention to contest the 2011 presidential poll.

He said, “We are faced with a job crisis of monumental proportions. Unless we evolve strategies to dealing with the teeming population of young people churned out almost on a daily basis, we may risk the destruction of the next generation.

“If we fail to channel the energies of this huge population, they could be a potent force for instability and social unrest.”

Abubakar, however, stunned journalists when he said that he was not aware that the President had declared his intention to vie for the PDP ticket.

“I didn’t see it (declaration). Honestly, I didn’t watch it,” he said.

Twenty seven out of the 28 PDP governors were among thousands of people that attended Jonathan’s presidential declaration at the Eagle Square on Saturday in Abuja. The event was shown live by some public and private television stations nationwide.

On the reported move by some politicians to produce a consensus presidential candidate among the Northern aspirants, Abubakar said, “There is a process for the emergence of a consensus candidate in the North. It shows that North is even more united if “they” agree to bring out a consensus candidate.”

He also said he was not aware of the support that Jonathan was getting from the northern states.

Reacting to the challenge, the Presidential Adviser to Jonathan on National Assembly Matters, Senator Mohammed Abba-Aji, said the President was ready for such a debate.

“We are ready for it (debate) anytime. The President has talked about all the aspects of the economy when he declared. If they want more, we are ready for them,” he said.

Another aspirant, who is also the Kwara State Governor, Dr. Bukola Saraki, also expressed readiness for the debate.

“We are ready for the debate. That is what we have been calling for. Without such an issue-based debate, we will not be able to get the best candidate. Saraki is ready for it,” one of the governor’s aides, Mr. Billy Adedamola, said.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100922514865

Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by wales(m): 6:28am On Sep 22, 2010
Nigerian Atiku he is a theif ,he has started telling lie, for saying his is not awear of our president declearation.were did go?we can’t vote for a theif.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Echidime(m): 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2010
hahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin atiku want more oil money from our zone and he want us to leave our own bobo jonathan for him,i think he is insane what do you think?
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by drmoney: 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2010
See who is calling for a debate!
What does he think they talk about at debates.
These fools just think they can keep insulting our collective sensibilities.
Well, I dont think he is to blame- Just take a look at his co-aspirants.
Then we can understand why an Idiot like him would dare call on anyone for a debate.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by bisiaet: 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2010
Look at who is calling for debate. Alhaji or Mr or Chief Atiku pls and pls stop all these rubbish talks you want debate pls debate about what? Debate about you jumping up and down with no political destination? or debate about you lie again and said you are not aware of Jonathan declaration when you are not blind, deaf or dumb? Debate about be a retire custome officer and be a billionaire? or debate about looting and corruption? or debate about your desperando do or die presidential ambition? Pls debate about what tell us? I think you need help Atiku.

The message is clear you(Atiku) IBB, Nigeria are sick of all of you we need a different hands now. The North are yet to be serious about their position in producing next president because these men I named above are error of choice unless the North come out with credible candidate I think they are wasting their time.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by finguy(m): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2010
this guy cant even speak english tat pipu can understand and he is talking of debating. atiku is the most desperate, stupid and demoralized politician i know. who votes for him is just one big GOAT!!!!!!!
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2010
Aspirants do not need to debate,Atiku should wait till he's confirmed as the candidate of his party before he can think of debating with other parties' candidates.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by anonimi: 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by IbrahimB: 3:10pm On Sep 22, 2010
Debates don't win elections in Nigeria. Nigerians like you, or they don't like you, that's all.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by ayoola2002(m): 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2010
Can someone tell this ABIKU OR ATIKU to go and sit down? Shey na by force? He has already use 8yrs in power, what is he looking for? Shey na by force? We dont want old cago anymore. Na GEJ we want, chikena.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by HAH: 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2010
I wonder for nairaland commentators, in this civilized world someone contesting for presidency of this great nation is asking for presidential debate what happen in all civilized democracy all of you a busy abusing him. For goodness sake what is wrong about debate or is it because the candidate you support cannot withstand him.

Please let be objective and look at every issue according to its merit.

N.B. Am not Atiku supporter.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by omojand: 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2010
Atiku is an extremely currupt crook desperately seeking a forum to out shine candidates with superior moral standing.

He should start by declaring to the public how he became a billionaire over-night!! He should not even be speaking, let alone debating anyone. Thief.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Billsmith: 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2010
Atiku is a noise maker. Even his LGA people hate him. If a chance is given to him, he will steal Nigeria and keep it to himself they way he occupied about 40% of lands at YOLA. Only the blinds will vote for ATIKU.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by TeskyMan(m): 4:33pm On Sep 22, 2010
wales:

A Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has called for a debate, on the economy, among all the presidential aspirants on the economy.

Abubakar, a former vice-President, made the call after submitting his nomination form at the PDP national secretariat on Tuesday in Abuja.

The Adamawa State- born politician said the economy should be the main issue in the 2011 election campaigns.

“The issue of economic recovery for Nigeria cannot be a matter of wishful thinking nor of rhetoric. It is a subject for rigorous analyses and provision of well-thought, viable, practicable and sustainable strategy,” he said.

Abubakar said that all aspirants must be able to tell Nigerians how they intended to confront the challenges of the economy and reposition it for the benefit of all at the shortest possible time.

He said, “Of all the aspirants that have declared interest in the presidential election, I consider myself the most qualified to address the daunting economic challenges facing the country.

“I am the only one who has successfully managed a business and you need extensive knowledge of the private sector to combine its potential with the authority of the public sector to address this challenge.”

The former vice-president said his approach to resolving the economic crisis in the country was contained in a 47-page Policy Document he presented on August 15, 2010 while announcing his intention to contest the 2011 presidential poll.

He said, “We are faced with a job crisis of monumental proportions. Unless we evolve strategies to dealing with the teeming population of young people churned out almost on a daily basis, we may risk the destruction of the next generation.

“If we fail to channel the energies of this huge population, they could be a potent force for instability and social unrest.”

Abubakar, however, stunned journalists when he said that he was not aware that the President had declared his intention to vie for the PDP ticket.

“I didn’t see it (declaration). Honestly, I didn’t watch it,” he said.

Twenty seven out of the 28 PDP governors were among thousands of people that attended Jonathan’s presidential declaration at the Eagle Square on Saturday in Abuja. The event was shown live by some public and private television stations nationwide.

On the reported move by some politicians to produce a consensus presidential candidate among the Northern aspirants, Abubakar said, “There is a process for the emergence of a consensus candidate in the North. It shows that North is even more united if “they” agree to bring out a consensus candidate.”

He also said he was not aware of the support that Jonathan was getting from the northern states.

Reacting to the challenge, the Presidential Adviser to Jonathan on National Assembly Matters, Senator Mohammed Abba-Aji, said the President was ready for such a debate.

“We are ready for it (debate) anytime. The President has talked about all the aspects of the economy when he declared. If they want more, we are ready for them,” he said.

Another aspirant, who is also the Kwara State Governor, Dr. Bukola Saraki, also expressed readiness for the debate.

“We are ready for the debate. That is what we have been calling for. Without such an issue-based debate, we will not be able to get the best candidate. Saraki is ready for it,” one of the governor’s aides, Mr. Billy Adedamola, said.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100922514865

[size=14pt]I think this guy is getting broke, needs to reimburse [/size]
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by omofat: 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2010
HAH:

I wonder for nairaland commentators, in this civilized world someone contesting for presidency of this great nation is asking for presidential debate what happen in all civilized democracy all of you a busy abusing him. For goodness sake what is wrong about debate or is it because the candidate you support cannot withstand him.

Most sensible post on this thread so far. The man is calling for debates. A (potential) opportunity for all these kleptocrats to stand up on stage together and open each other's yanshes for all to see in their mad dash for survival and self preservation.

I think we should be backing that call
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by ayoola2002(m): 5:23pm On Sep 22, 2010
omo~fat:

Most sensible post on this thread so far. The man is calling for debates. A (potential) opportunity for all these kleptocrats to stand up on stage together and open each other's yanshes for all to see in their mad dash for survival and self preservation.

which debate is he talking about? After spending 8yrs looting nigeria money, our money, tax payer's money. Why cant he advise OBJ about economy of this country when they are in office? Can Atiku say he does not know abt Halibution bribe scandal? What has he done to the people of his state? Dibeti ko dibeti ni
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by ayoola2002(m): 5:26pm On Sep 22, 2010
omo~fat:

which debate is he talking about? After spending 8yrs looting nigeria money, our money, tax payer's money. Why cant he advise OBJ about economy of this country when they are in office? Can Atiku say he does not know abt Halibution bribe scandal? What has he done to the people of his state? Dibeti ko dibeti ni
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by omofat: 5:29pm On Sep 22, 2010
ayoola2002:

Well, that's the point isn't it. He probably knows about Halibuton and tons of other scandals that you and I haven't got a clue about.

Put him on stage with the other theives and watch while they tear eachother to pieces.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Afam4eva(m): 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2010
Let's give the slowpoke the benefit of the doubt and support his quest for a debate. Isn't this what we've always wanted? Pat Utomi go deal with all of them.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:17pm On Sep 22, 2010
I think having a debate is a good thing. Not just on the economy but everything from the country's foreign policy to social issues.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by deb(m): 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2010
I was heard that the average difference in the ages of African Leaders and the Developed world is 25years. i.e.
African leaders are always 50years - 70years and above while the western world is between 30years - 60years max!

How can we now ever develop with old brains and ideas? Its high time we disposped all these old fools in Nigeria starting with Babangida, Atiku and the rest. They should leave Nigeria alone, haven't they had enough?
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by ayoola2002(m): 6:19pm On Sep 22, 2010
afam4eva:

Let's give the slowpoke the benefit of the doubt and support his quest for a debate. Isn't this what we've always wanted? Pat Utomi go deal with all of them.

We don't have to waste our time listen to ABIKU or ATIKU. Let say NO to him once. Let reject this old cago man. What does he know abt economy of this country?
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Vitality31(m): 6:42pm On Sep 22, 2010
Guys lets wait for the debate and hear his herdsman accent, infact this man is just atiGOAT, look at his mouth
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by ndigbo: 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2010
please dose anyone have a direct line to Atiku? So i can tell him to spare his energy for some more productive things. Please i want to know what business Atiku floated in Nigeria that is making him feel so important.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2010
HAH:

And what makes you think Atiku has anything to offer if i may ask ?
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by SSaemoenl(m): 7:19pm On Sep 22, 2010
LOL Atiku, Sorry for urself. U are done!!! grin grin grin
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by globatop: 7:31pm On Sep 22, 2010
It is not Atiku that suppose to be asking for a debate, where was he (Atiku) when his Partner (OBJ) refused to show up at a presidential debate in 1999, he should have advised him to appear then.
Again the presidential debate should come after Party Primaries, he is too much in a hurry to (Adamawa Rock) Aso Rock
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by asuncal: 7:32pm On Sep 22, 2010
i disagree with mallam atiku,the main issue is not about the economy,corruption is the main issue,if we get it right it will translate to other facet of our life,atiku should just keep quite,he is a corrupt man.in the skim of things he is a pretender
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by metrixauto: 7:48pm On Sep 22, 2010
Dont mind the old man,what does he have to say,what does he have to offer,what idea does he have than to corner public fund to himself,after 8 years of evil colaboration between him and his old boss,let him go away and enjoy his loot,nobody in his or her right senses will vote for these old men,that refused to live the political stage for new generation.Nigeria say no to these recycled elements no way for you sirs
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by ndigbo: 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2010
SSaemoenl:

LOL Atiku, Sorry for urself. U are done!!! grin grin grin
You mean he is a Gooner! Lol grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2010
Whats wrong with having a Presidential debate amongst PDP party contenders before their primaries so that Nigerians can at least know where PDP stand on anything?

Why is everybody abusing Atiku because he called for a debate. At a live debate opponents can question Atiku on his corruption records, you will hear Atiku's bad accent or whatever and make up your mind. So what can be wrong with a debate and why is Atiku being demonised for calling for one.

At this level we have a long way to go democratically. Nigerians clearly don't know what they want.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Spend Less On Salaries To Reduce Deficit - Okonjo-Iweala / Photo Of Buhari's Certificate, Can We Have Gej's Certificate Too / ADC To Be Given Saraki Treatment...(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.