Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,803 members, 7,956,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:48 PM

Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate (7795 Views)

Dino Melaye Challenges Jonathan & Buhari To Liver Test As Tweeters React / Nigerian Military Have Delivered On Security Challenges –jonathan / 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Ojiani: 5:17am On Dec 27, 2010
[size=18pt]Atiku challenges Jonathan to debate[/size]

Written by Okey Muogbo, Abuja Monday, 27 December 2010

THE former vice-president and presidential aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has challenged President Good-luck Jonathan, who is also another presidential aspirant to a public debate on their programmes for the people of Nigeria.

In a statement in Abuja, on Sunday, the Atiku Campaign Organisation (ACO) said it threw the challenge to enable the people hear directly from the two aspirants what they have for Nigerians.

Said the ACO, “after thorough evaluation of the ongoing campaign pronouncements by both organisations and their approved and unapproved surrogates; it is our conclusion that the Nigerian people are being increasingly checkmated through denials of their rights to know what the candidates stand for through excessive misinformation being dished out daily.

“To solve this issue, the ACO once again restates its request and invitation for a presidential debate between President Goodluck Jonathan and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and any other aspirant in the PDP.

“This debate should be organised by a credible organisation and should be held before the party presidential primaries in the tradition of all successful democracies”.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/15275-atiku-challenges-jonathan-to-debate
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Faeb: 5:40am On Dec 27, 2010
I guess Atiku wants to debate the "merits" of ethnic bigotry, sectionalism and political violence.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by jaygetta(m): 5:43am On Dec 27, 2010
Eiy! Chei! Chineke Nme! Olorun Oba o! LMFAO! Lol. Hahahahahaha. Illiterate wey no get Phd jam illiterate wey get Phd! Wahala don yakata! The new English words wey these two go invent that day, 'Bling Bling' no go get nothing on am!
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by lagbaja20: 5:56am On Dec 27, 2010
Faeb:

I guess Atiku wants to debate the "merits" of ethnic bigotry, sectionalism and political violence.

We both know say the Ph.D wey Jonathan carry na fake hun?

You'd be shocked!

I actually think that Atiku would do better than GEJ in a live debate, but that does not necessarily mean that Atiku is better than GEJ

If I were GEJ, I would say NO. Atiku is a seasoned politician, and unlike GEJ, the people working with him are more adroit in handling any post debate fallout!
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by yorker: 6:05am On Dec 27, 2010
I dey laugh to this Olodo grin grin grin

Trying to tell Nigerians 2+1=3? We weve made up our mind, enough is enough 1+2=3,
Dont turn black to red, TK can only surprise his own <<-ppl with this crap! not Nigerians.

Very Simple, Stop Wasting Time, Fight for the Nations rapid Split Up, so your sinking boat can sail. wink
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by revolt(m): 9:38am On Dec 27, 2010
What's wrong with bigots in this forum? If gej a phd holder is scared of debating with atiku then I'd be shocked. Meanwhile I've always disliked atiku but men this guy is doing a very good work on his campaign. I must say I'm impressed. Never expected any innovation from him. His campaign team is definitely 100% better than that of the incumbent
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by lagbaja20: 9:43am On Dec 27, 2010
revolt:

What's wrong with bigots in this forum? If gej a phd holder is scared of debating with atiku then I'd be shocked. Meanwhile I've always disliked atiku but men this guy is doing a very good work on his campaign. I must say I'm impressed. Never expected any innovation from him. His campaign team is definitely 100% better than that of the incumbent

Ode!

Atiku has better command of the English language than GEJ
And, Moreover GEJ got his Ph.D in one of the glorified high schools in the the ND/SE. . . not sure.

And,also Atiku has a very good understanding of the economy/politics than GEJ. He is a seasoned politician, street smart, and fearless.
He would finish GEJ in no time!
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 27, 2010
This will be interesting. Wait! wetin dey wan yan wey we neva hear before. Abegi, make dey go siddon jor. BTW, the PDP primary will be determined by PDP delegates only and not we the masses. Make dey kukuma do the debate in front of the delegates .
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by reckless: 10:41am On Dec 27, 2010
I dey laugh woooooo!!! I dey laugh wooo! Alarm wan blow wooo! I get phD but i dey fear debate. I still dey laugh woooo
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 27, 2010
I hate fee d fee and everything in it but i like d debate proposal frm ACO. I hp presido will nt dare such because Athieku will nt only floor him but will further expose GEJ Naivity and cluelessness which will be a perfect begining of d end 4both thieving fee d fee presidential aspirant
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by daroz(m): 11:58am On Dec 27, 2010
why are u all fooling urselves? Did GEJ says he is afraid of going into a debate with ur stupid Atiku? The fact is that its so Unnecessary cos its not the general populance that will determine the outcome of the PDP primaries. Its just like the devil telling Jesus,

'If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee; and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash they foot against a stone'
So why did Jesus not actually cast himself down to prove himself? Simply becos, its so unnecessary. You can be the best talker and deciever, yet be the most corrupt leader. na by debate?
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by reckless: 12:09pm On Dec 27, 2010
Quote.unfortunately GEJ is not Jesus and he will never be. I dey laugh woooo
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by HamidO1(m): 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2010
byrron:

I hate fee d fee and everything in it but i like d debate proposal frm ACO. I hp presido will nt dare such because Athieku will nt only floor him but will further expose GEJ Naivity and cluelessness which will be a perfect begining of d end 4both thieving fee d fee presidential aspirant

I love this, We all know Athiku is a thief and Goodluck is naive and clueless. A debate will actually help expose this further.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by 3kay945(m): 12:29pm On Dec 27, 2010
Mr GEJ please come out and debate, though am not your fan but i dont think presidential debate will be difficult for ph.d holder like you, no matter your discipline either fishery or watever!
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by cabali(m): 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2010
GEJ will not last 10 minutes in a debate with Atiku! He should not try it.

The one I will be interested in is the debate between their wives. Patience has a talent for impossible English sentences. I mean, bad English that even the un educated cannot afford, she spends in superfluous!!!
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Rhino5dm: 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2010
Well said!

byrron:

>>> A coward naive president that requires a teleponder debating against corrupt stinking bi-sexual nutcase former VP! o ma se ooo!

Say NO to PDP thats the only way out!
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by debosky(m): 12:39pm On Dec 27, 2010
Faeb:

I guesss GEJ doesn't want to debate his self-confessed lack of political experience, administrative skill and  non-suitability for the office as revealed to the US Ambassador, or his moronic attempts to exonerate MEND from bombing and killing of innocent Nigerians at the independence day ceremonies, just for political gain.

I'd personally want to watch the debate and see if GEJ can defend any of the postings on fb, which were obviously written for him.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by HamidO1(m): 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2010
^^^^ Best believe bro. The only way forward is wiping out PDP from Local government level to presidential.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by linsa01(m): 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2010
Despite his narrow chance to win the primary ticket, i think Atiku is brave & confident to have challenged GEJ for a debate. GEJ would have been the one to challenge Atiku & not vice-versa. In short, GEJ is a coward. Hahaha!!
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by hassymo5(m): 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2010
Gej don't go 4 any debate. It worthless. If there wul be a debate then it should be 4 all presidential aspirants not only atiku and gej. Atiku have a plan. All aspirants should participate or neva.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by KokoBeware: 1:05pm On Dec 27, 2010
The debate will really be senseless since its not the masses that determine the outcome of PDP primaries, GEJ has a good excuse to reject the invitation, i hope he dos,
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 27, 2010
i heard someone saying it wil be good 4 PATIENCE (first lady) to involve in the debate I SWEAR TO GOD I MUST WATCH IT LIVE INSHUT ANYPLACE IT WILL HAPPEN I MUST ATTEND THE DEBATE.
Please sorry 4 saying this.can you imagine the english of those two couple when they get home @ nite grin grin
my suggestn 2 topic is 4 jonathan 2 reject it period we all knw the truth.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by otokx(m): 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2010
ATIKU is sure making the political arena very lively.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by revolt(m): 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2010
How can we have a phd holder that debate he's scared of atiku. Problem dey. Even George bush one of Americas dumbest presidents debated. One baby baboon called me ode and butressed my points. If gej doesn't dbate then he's proved to me that megida mallam sabi pass nigerdeltas supposed finest. Even illiterate orji uzor would have started debating the very moment he heard the challenge. Atiku carry on Jare you be thief like the rest includin gej but if ur smarter then you win my vote.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by femadelim: 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2010
Nigerians are tired of presidential debate, that will not solve the problems of ordinary citizens.
We had debate in 1978,1982,1992, etc where are the benefits.
may God help this country.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by 3kay945(m): 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2010
Please what is the response of GEJ about the debate issue, i will be a+maize and corn+fuse if he decline it.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by tunyus(m): 1:41pm On Dec 27, 2010
Hw can Atiku wit a diploma in law(OND equivalent )be challenging a Phd holder to a debate.if dis later happen and Atiku eventually floor clueless GEJ then dats is going to be a national disgrace.and a disgrace to naija education system.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by ekubear1: 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2010
Excellent move by Atiku, since to some extent he is the underdog. He has more to gain from a debate than GEJ.

GEJs response should be to decline, in part because of the above issue (also because Atiku is probably a much more eloquent public speaker than he is.)
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by hassymo5(m): 1:55pm On Dec 27, 2010
femadelim:

Nigerians are tired of presidential debate, that will not solve the problems of ordinary citizens.
We had debate in 1978,1982,1992, etc where are the benefits.
may God help this country.
2007 there was a dabate. Nothing has change. So we dont need any debate. We need leaders who can perform.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by banom(m): 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2010
Atiku that cant even run a reasonable political campaign is talking about public debate.

may be he will continue telling us some of the shits he spits in his campaign bill boards, things like.

He is back, the man Obj and EFCC can not stop,

who is the 2nd highest employer of labor in Rivers and adamawa states, ATIKUUUUUUUUUUU.

Very clueless man . i weep for this country.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by namdo(m): 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2010
all these na to find a way to enter Aso rock and loot, naaa waaooooo
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2010
But seriously why is GEJ and his people scared of debate.

Honestly if GEJ does not debate Atiku, then let this be the last time GEJ and his supporters will make noise about representing anything new, or holy or representing any kind of change.

If GEJ is honestly proud of his own records and believes that he is less corrupt than Atiku why wont he meet Atiku face to face in a live televised debate and get Atiku to defend his records before the Nigerian people.

I am really sick and tired of these madness, if Jonathan does not want to run for President he should quit; I can not believe that in 2011 Nigeria some people will tacitly support a situation where an incumbent President tries to dodge any kinds of debates to defend his records or question his opponents records.

All I can say to you supporters of Jonathan is shame on you!!!!!
Shame on you!!!!!!!!! Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a big Shame on you!!!!!!

This is the kind of behaviour you see when some people are trying to con others. Why are you guys scared of debate? Is GEJ candidacy a scam on the Nigerian people? is this what your so called change is all about?

Shame on you all once again. You should all bury your heads in the sands for that is where it clearly belongs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics / This is embarrassing: see what NTA wrote about Buhari. / Buhari To Submit 2021 Budget Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.