Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,788 members, 7,841,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! (3430 Views)

Kogi Guber: Anxiety As APC Chieftains Pressure Aspirants To Step Down / APC Presidential Aspirants To Pay N27 Million For Forms / Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2010
This is a good developement. Fear no go gree GEJ accept the challenge. OBJ fit come represent am shaa grin grin grin
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by ndigbo: 9:58pm On Sep 22, 2010
janus05:

This is a good developement. Fear no go gree GEJ accept the challenge. OBJ fit come represent am shaa grin grin grin
Abeg elaborate, cus i kind of no undastand wetin u dey try to say
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2010
ndigbo:

Abeg elaborate, cus i kind of no undastand wetin u dey try to say
Asata adighi akpo aha. Nwanne nwere ire gi guo eze gi onu. Udo dikwara gi
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 22, 2010
mikeansy:

Whats wrong with having a Presidential debate amongst PDP party contenders before their primaries so that Nigerians can at least know where PDP stand on anything?

Why is everybody abusing Atiku because he called for a debate. At a live debate opponents can question Atiku on his corruption records, you will hear Atiku's bad accent or whatever and make up your mind. So what can be wrong with a debate and why is Atiku being demonised for calling for one.

At this level we have a long way to go democratically. Nigerians clearly don't know what they want.

finally, a response with some sense

i'm all for a debates - if nothing else we'll have plenty of entertainment from the gaffes of these so called statesmen
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Theblessed(f): 11:56pm On Sep 22, 2010
[b][size=18pt]Excuse me? There is nothing to debate about, ok!

Well President Goodluck, I suggest you sit tight where you are, please! Do not knowingly or unknowingly engage in any National debate for there is nothing to debate about.

All Nigerians know that there is nothing to debate about besides, Nigeria is not yet matured to handle the effects of this debate, some people round the corner are calling for.  It will only end up in 'bloodshed' instead of helping to resolve the needs of our country. 

These groups calling for this debate, where were they in the last Presidential Election, I ask?  And why didn't they propose it then?  Nigeria is yet to mature into coping with the effects of a Democratic Presidential Election Debate - she is not quite there yet. 

Our people are not quite matured to handle the full weight of Democracy because, some people do not understand the meaning of TOLERANCE and RESPECT for fellow citizen - whether on a religious level, tribal, sex, diversity etc. 

They don't understand and do not want to be informed. All they understand and use to are; corruption, looting, nepotism, intimidation, killing, bloodshed and harassment, na lie??  Therefore, no debate is taking place until Nigeria is mature enough to understand civility and respect for others but, that will take a century to manifest. 

You know, this is well organised and planned out! They want you to come out to debate so that a crazy guy with KLASHNIKOV they'd smuggled into the audience could finish you off on the podium and thwart our dreams of a developed and civil Nigeria and thus, blame it on a mad man. It will not work for them rather, they will end up shooting themselves so that Nigeria would at last have peace and unity without these evil men. 

Even if there is a debate, President Jonathan Goodluck, you will win and trash them all hands down, for the country is right behind you.  As you have begun to wipe out the TEARS IN OUR EYES within these few months you'd only been sitting in Aso Rock, you don't know the impact you'd already made. 

Over the past 40 years, Nigerians have come to believe nothing good can come out of our beloved country except the OIL MONEY. angry angry angry angry And now, you'd made it possible for us to hear and see difference they'd been depriving us for so long - we know now, what and whom to believe and, Nigerian will not let you go until you DELIVER ALL! 'NIGERIA LOVES YOU' and we are all right behind you and watching out for you, remember this! And for doing the right thing for Nigeria, this is for you and all those who support you. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
[/size][/b]
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by SmashingM(f): 9:39am On Sep 23, 2010
For someone who wants to recover the economy of Nigeria, wouldn't he be anxious for news concerning the country he's interested in governing? Well, like they say, wonders shall never end.

As a one time vice president of this country, what did he offer? Pride, arrogance, haughtiness and whatever. Very stupid indeed.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by KnowAll(m): 9:52am On Sep 23, 2010
@Theblessed

Engage your brains, your man has not got the numbers to win a primary based on a unifying force. I am sure u are based in one of the western nations, and u know and I know your man has being cornered.

Democracy is about numbers
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 23, 2010
KnowAll:

@Theblessed

Engage your brains, your man has not got the numbers to win a primary based on a unifying force. I am sure u are based in one of the western nations, and u know and I know your man has being cornered.

Gbam!
They r denying the fact bro. Na do-or-die they believe in. We know who is pulling the strings man grin grin grin grin
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Ayowumie(m): 10:41am On Sep 23, 2010
For Atiku to challenge presidential contestants to a debate, he must have been doing a lot of reading. And i guess he must have paid helluva hell of money to experts on various matters. Abeg, this is an opportunity to advertise myself. I am an authority on various aspect of development sectors. You can help me pass the message to Atiku (albeit, i wont vote for him).
With me among his consultants, he is bound to win any debates (election not inclusive)
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Johnnoo(m): 11:12am On Sep 23, 2010
HAH:

I wonder for nairaland commentators, in this civilized world someone contesting for presidency of this great nation is asking for presidential debate what happen in all civilized democracy all of you a busy abusing him. For goodness sake what is wrong about debate or is it because the candidate you support cannot withstand him.

Please let be objective and look at every issue according to its merit.

N.B. Am not Atiku supporter.

We've been deceived by pple like this. U don't blame NL commentators. I think Atiku deserved all the insult. As 4me, He is a Confused Man,
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Ayowumie(m): 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2010
Johnnoo:

We've been deceived by pple like this in the past. As 4me, He is a Confused Man,

Seconded. GBAM.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Vindy: 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2010
Who is fooling who, Atiku na u be d fool.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Parnassuss(m): 1:20pm On Sep 23, 2010
Atiku may be a backwipe but his call for a debate is in the right direction. Most Nigerians don't know what is going on in their own country and this could give a crash course in it. Also if PDP can run this right way, it'll give them a more approachable image as a party of human instead of money grubbers.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 23, 2010
Go check the history of all the dictators in this world, from Mugabe to Sadam Hussein, to Castro.

They all came to power as Saviours and Messiahs, their fans gaurded them jealously and did not tolerate alternative views. They will also encourage their messianic leader not to tolerate alternative views and do whatever it takes whether legitimate or not to crush opposition.

It only occurs to them what they are in for when their supposed Messiah begin to molest even they who supported him from the start.

No matter how you love Jonathan Goodluck, encourage every avenue that will strengthen our democratic practices. If Jonathan emerges from a very good and rigorous process he will be a better leader for it.

THERE SIMPLY CAN NOT BE ANYTHING WRONG WITH A DEBATE AND I SIMPLY CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHY ATIKU SHOULD BE ABUSED FOR CALLING FOR ONE OR WHY FANS OF JONATHAN ARE DEFENSIVE OF HIM HAVING ONE. JONATHAN HAS A PHD FOR GOD'S SAKE AND HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE HARDWORKING RIGHTEOUS CANDIDATE. IT SHOULD BE AN EASY RIDE FOR HIM.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Theblessed(f): 8:14pm On Sep 23, 2010
KnowAll:

@Theblessed

[b][size=18pt]Thanks Knowall!

You see, numbers or no numbers, when God spake, it is done! No one can challenge the wisdom of God. 

Please, let me take you back to reflect on what happened during President Obamas campaigns and finally, the election day?

Remember, no one ever believed he will survive the first day of campaign let alone his foot prints in the 'WHITE HOUSE' na lie?? grin grin grin grin grin  That is of God! 'Twas Magic in the eyes of a layman, wasn't it? This will overwhelm you and those you support on that day.  Keep doubting! 

Its not about who you know, its about, IS GOD ON YOUR SIDE?? Anyone can pretend that God is on his/her side and Nigerians will find out, won't we?

IS THE MAN YOU SUPPORT, HIS DREAM FOR NIGERIA - GOOD AND HONEST? Does he FEEL what the people are feeling? Can he see the TEARS in their eyes? Does he understand their PAIN and has he been there himself? Can he LISTEN to the people and attend to their PRIORITY NEEDS? You see, you can't deceive God because,  God searches the heart so, you can't pretend it. 

Let me tell you now, it will look like magic to you when you wake up on the election morning 2011 and your man is not on Nigerians throne in Aso Rock. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  I hope to meet you here if you will not be in hiding then, because of shame! grin grin grin grin grin  President Jonathan Goodluck will defeat all the candidates and his enemies come that morning, I can't wait to see God's wrath rain down on evil men on this election. angry angry angry

They can't be allowed to continue to deprive Nigerians of their privileges - No, they can't because their time is up and there's no turning back.  God has spoken and his will must be done in Jesus Name, Amen!!!
[/size][/b]
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2010
Theblessed:

[b][size=18pt]Thanks Knowall!

You see, numbers or no numbers, when God spake, it is done! No one can challenge the wisdom of God. 

Please, let me take you back to reflect on what happened during President Obamas campaigns and finally, the election day? Remember, no one ever believed he will survive the first day of campaign let alone his foot prints in the 'WHITE HOUSE' na lie?? grin grin grin grin grin  That is of God! 'Twas Magic in the eyes of a layman, wasn't it? This will overwhelm you and those you support on that day.  Keep doubting!  Its not about who you know, its about, IS GOD ON YOUR SIDE?? Anyone can pretend that God is on his/her side and Nigerians will find out, won't we?

IS THE MAN YOU SUPPORT, HIS DREAM FOR NIGERIA - GOOD AND HONEST? Does he FEEL what the people are feeling? Can he see the TEARS in their eyes? Does he understand their PAIN and has he been there himself? Can he LISTEN to the people and attend to their PRIORITY NEEDS? You see, you can't deceive God because,  God searches the heart so, you can't pretend it. 

Let me tell you now, it will look like magic to you when you wake up on the election morning 2011 and your man is not on Nigerians throne in Aso Rock. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  I hope to meet you here if you're not already in hiding because of shame!grin grin grin grin grin  President Jonathan Goodluck will defeat all the candidates and his enemies come that morning, I can't wait to see God's wrath on evil men on this election. angry angry angry

They can't be allowed to continue to deprive Nigerians of their privileges - No, they can't because their time is up and there's no turning back.  God has spoken and his will must be done in Jesus Name, Amen!!!
[/size][/b]

But Obama also went to Democratic debates from when they were 5 candidates to when they became 2 candidates (obama vs Hillary). He attended 3 debates with Jonh Maccain not to talk of the number of press conferences he had to subject himself to press scrutiny and cross examination.

God or no God, I do not know what God you worship but whatever he  told you we have an election coming up and it is important for the future of Nigeria for all democratic processes to be adhered to.
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2010
May be we should not even spend 87billion conducting an election since God has already spoken

Nigerians need to learn to take responsibility for their future and stop calling God
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Theblessed(f): 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2010
mikeansy:

But Obama also went to Democratic debates from when they were 5 candidates to when they became 2 candidates (obama vs Hillary). He attended 3 debates with Jonh Maccain not to talk of the number of press conferences he had to subject himself to press scrutiny and cross examination.

God or no God, I do not know what God you worship but whatever he  told you we have an election coming up and it is important for the future of Nigeria for all democratic processes to be adhered to.

[b][size=18pt]Yes, believing in God does not mean you should fail or breach the laws of the land - no you must comply with the laws of the land. Definitely, Obama as a Lawyer (not Nigerian one)  understands the law thus, he complied with every rule and demands placed on him, didn't he?? Those, you support, how many of them had done so in the past or expect to do so on this coming election Name them 

Secondly, in the Scripture, Jesus Christ the Only Son of God also abided with the rules of the land and paid his TAXES, didn't he.  So, your argument seems illogical and I don't blame you because, you'd never witness true democracy thus have nothing to compare and contrast with the current political system we have in Nigerian and, that will soon be obliterated to history!

You can't because, God is on your side then you break the laws of the land which is what has been happening in Nigeria's Politics for the past 40 years - no be so?  People abusing power and now you want us to vote them back in to finish us off - No, it won't work for una! angry angry angry

If una like make una be 1 Trillion in number o o o!  Remember, what happened to the Egyptians during the Exodus - they ended up giving away their precious metals and stones to the Isrealites thus, enriching the Isrealites.  Have you forgotten?  Go read your Bible!! 

God not only equalized but also balanced his judgement. Taking the wealth of the rich and gave to the poor - that's right!! The Egyptians never knew what 'HIT THEM' when they were giving away their wealth. You too will witness God's mysterious workings in Nigeria politics, this coming election - watch this space.
[/size][/b]
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by haboosa(m): 8:37am On Sep 24, 2010
All our past leaders needs rehabilitation Atiku, babangida etal, I thinks those Old men are broke despite the kind of looting they did in there tenure grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 24, 2010
mikeansy:

May be we should not even spend 87billion conducting an election since God has already spoken

Nigerians need to learn to take responsibility for their future and stop calling God

by the blessed warped logic, every president in the world, the good, bad , ugly downright psychotic - stalin , saddam , jfk, fdr , castro were all ordained by God

talk about a return to the dark age mentality when kings were God's represntative's on earth
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by kabarka(m): 10:49am On Sep 24, 2010
let the speak to Nigerian on issues bothering on the economy and future generation.
we need debate on important issues in this election
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by HamidO1(m): 11:02am On Sep 24, 2010
Good morning Mr chairman,
Impartial panel of judges,
My co-debators, ,

Can some1 tell Atiku that's not wot presidential debates r about, I'm sure he thinks its one of those primary school debates. Pathetic fellow
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Theblessed(f): 12:07am On Sep 25, 2010
janus05:

Gbam!
They r denying the fact bro. Na do-or-die they believe in. We know who is pulling the strings man grin grin grin grin

[size=18pt]This is nothing but 'pure cowardice'.

A real man should face reality - Nigerians have made up their minds, for they'd suffered enough and had had enough lies from the past crooks and now, are wiser hence, the agitation in the opposition's corner.  grin grin grin grin

Don't worry, we shall all watch the election results, won't we? 

2011 is just round the corner, chill!!
[/size]
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Theblessed(f): 1:14am On Sep 25, 2010
oyb:

by the blessed warped logic, every president in the world, the good, bad , ugly downright psychotic - stalin , saddam , jfk, fdr , castro were all ordained by God

talk about a return to the dark age mentality  when kings were God's represntative's on earth

[b][size=18pt]Talk about a return to dark age and kings were God's representatives on earth, really?

I wonder what happened to the Holy men of God and Jesus Christ his son? What were they here, for then?  To serve your kings Stop going into areas you don't understand! cheesy cheesy The same thinking you're implying here so, these your crook kings are God's reps in Nigerian Politics

From your writing, it seems the only thing you understand is money, fame and material wealth - who you know and who you don't know. To you, as long as people have money, you worship them - a fair weather friend is not one to have, too bad!!!

Anyway, about your dark ages - that's what we are trying to wriggle you out of the squeeze of these crooks you are supporting, by inducting you into a new thinking so that you not only understand your rights but also claim the privileges, it accords you which these crooks have been depriving you for so long - open up your eyes and see!. 

You haven't noticed, have you?  Well, its because you're in the dark age they permanently fixed you, and we are having a hard time to get you out. 

Also, on this theme of Dark ages - who in their right mind would expose the identities of innocent babies on this WWW.World here I come.com except a man in the dark ages who does not understand the implications of putting young babies on here, think! 

Perhaps, he thinks he is making his children FAMOUS, wow! Yeah, it will give your business exposure, bring in more money and wealth and thus, get you out of poverty, sorio o o o o!! grin grin grin
[/size][/b]
Re: 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! by Echidime(m): 6:34am On Sep 28, 2010
If i have my way, i will advice all Ndigbo to stay clear from 2011 election and adopt sidon dey look attitude and watch south south, west and North kill themselves because of 2011 election,because these are the same people who ganged up during the civil war and killed, seized and distroyed Ndigbo Properties.

Each time the west and North want to deny Ndigbo their right in Nigeria, they will always use the South South man, Ken Saro Wiwa played a script written by Awolowo then as young commissioner, and he paid dearly for it after so many years during Abacha's regime,God is alive and posterity will always Judge all Igbo haters, weather living or dead, no matter how long it takes.

Today it is Jonathan playing a well written script handed over to him by Obasanjo, because he hates Ndigbo with passion.

All this issue of zoning or no zoning is a calculated game plan by Obasanjo to stop an Igboman from becoming a president in 2015, but i want to inform all those who cares to listen that there may not be nation called Nigeria after 2011 if care is not taking, God is still Alive.

Obasanjo is also, saying by using Jonathan, since Nigerians did not give me third term, let me create confusion all over Nigeria, using zoning.

I heard that some people are saying IBB will not be allowed to campaign in any Yoruba speaking states, but what if the Hausa's say, Jonathan will not be allowed to campaign in any Hausa speaking states, and the Igbo's say IBB, Jonathan, Atiku etc, don't come to any Igbo speaking states to campaign what will happen then? we are ALL playing with fire.

I think what we need in Nigeria today is a honest a patriotic leader, someone that respect and honor agreement, no matter who the agreement favors, an Agreement is a Covenant and the Covenant you keep will always protect you.

This is the reason why, world all over, no persons respects Nigerians, because what we say in the morning is not what we say in Night, how can respected man, those who spend tax payers money in the name of fighting corruption, cannot even respect a simple arrangement they sat down and agreed upon, it a shame, we are just making our self fools in the eyes on the international community and we want them to take us serious when talk?

For me i see all this happens as a big opportunity for the opposition parties to gain ground and vote PDP out of power, if only there are opposition parties in Nigeria.

May God help us all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Protect Our Democracy.. I Stand With Saraki / Sweet Picture Of IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu, with A Baby (pic) / HALLIBURTON: Again, Aisha Buhari Shuns Event At White House, Sends Toyin Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.