Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) (86819 Views)

Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments / Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by madridsta007(m): 10:20pm On May 11, 2019
oliidell:

The same pained and irrationally comparative bellyaching. I am not an APC supporter. There's no marked difference between the two parties. You guys need to open your eyes and realize that the looters and oppressors are the same set of people hiding under various political contraptions. My point is that the entire political class has failed Nigerians and should be flushed out at all cost. Always read between the lines.

Sadly, politics does not allow for romanticising ideologies beyond mere romanticism. You have to choose between, usually, what are two poor choices. Often, one is worse than the other. Evidently, APC has shown itself worse than PDP in governance and has admitted it several. Telling ourselves that there is no marked difference between a party that grew and consolidated Nigeria's position as the biggest economy in Africa and the top 3 fastest growing in the world and one that claims to be unaware to statistics like the world's capital of poverty is to be compulsively and insidiously hypocritical and delusional.

Again, I suspect you know this but, as always, people need reminders.

1 Like

Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by BabangidaHamza(m): 10:23pm On May 11, 2019
Jiang:

Ofcourse i do, but what's d point of returning it to it initially stages if the installed kings are nothing but puppets who will definitely always leak d governor's ass so they wont be dethroned. Even after gandollar leaves another governor's go still use them the way he likes, mark my words
I asked u a simple question but u are deviating from the question please.. Do you know the history of Kano emirate during the pre and post Fulani invasion

1 Like

Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by babakb: 10:24pm On May 11, 2019
emkz:

If you read with understanding, then you'd see that I sympathize with the Emir. In his position, age and experience ought to have informed him to be more circumspect especially dealing with a questionable and desperate character like Ganduje. Wisdom dictates that it is not everything we say without a filter, especially in public.

A few examples: the Emir lied that 48 billion dollars was missing during Jonathan's government and he was unable to prove it. As CBN governor, he came on air and fired the MDs and EDs of four banks, citing reckless financial accounting. Three of the banks collapsed. His volcanic temperament contributed more in imploding those banks and the implosion cost the Nigerian state money and affected our stock market. The banking system did not quite recover from it yet.

He is an activist Emir, something Ado Bayero wasn't. He criticizes publicly and embarrasses the Kingmakers in Kano and they are not in support of him at this time. He is dangerously publicly partisan, something you don't see in the Sultan of Sokoto or Shehu of Borno.

Finally on the issue of speaking against injustice. If you see a policeman shoot an unarmed citizen, is he wrong? Yes. Is it unjust? Yes. Should you condemn him in public while he is armed? Probably not a good idea. Strike when you have the upper hand and right now, Ganduje has the upper hand. This is how you play the game of power which the Emir himself knows but he misplayed his cards this time.

Please, do you now understand my perspective?

On point, but the fact remains SLS has nothing to lose, just few days ago he was appointed a Director in MTN, and he also secured an appointment with UN so fvck Gandollar.

SLS is a global brand, the people of Kano are the losers here.

1 Like

Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by RoyalUc(m): 10:29pm On May 11, 2019
emkz:

If you read with understanding, then you'd see that I sympathize with the Emir. In his position, age and experience ought to have informed him to be more circumspect especially dealing with a questionable and desperate character like Ganduje. Wisdom dictates that it is not everything we say without a filter, especially in public.

A few examples: the Emir lied that 48 billion dollars was missing during Jonathan's government and he was unable to prove it. As CBN governor, he came on air and fired the MDs and EDs of four banks, citing reckless financial accounting. Three of the banks collapsed. His volcanic temperament contributed more in imploding those banks and the implosion cost the Nigerian state money and affected our stock market. The banking system did not quite recover from it yet.

He is an activist Emir, something Ado Bayero wasn't. He criticizes publicly and embarrasses the Kingmakers in Kano and they are not in support of him at this time. He is dangerously publicly partisan, something you don't see in the Sultan of Sokoto or Shehu of Borno.

Finally on the issue of speaking against injustice. If you see a policeman shoot an unarmed citizen, is he wrong? Yes. Is it unjust? Yes. Should you condemn him in public while he is armed? Probably not a good idea. Strike when you have the upper hand and right now, Ganduje has the upper hand. This is how you play the game of power which the Emir himself knows but he misplayed his cards this time.

Please, do you now understand my perspective?

Thank you very much!
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by goslowgoslow(m): 10:31pm On May 11, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

He stood up to Jonathan against the looting going on; he stood up against his governor against the bribery captured on camera; he is a great man, a man that stands up against the ills of the society no matter who is commiting the crime. What do you stand for?
He stands for corruption.
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by eyeview: 10:31pm On May 11, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
Some Buckets to gather ipob Yoots' Tears grin grin
We are actually laughing our hearts out.
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by fidtopade: 10:31pm On May 11, 2019
kurupt1:
You see the way Okorocha, Sanusi,Tinubu,Amaechi all fought GEJ a good man with falsehood.,they are all paying for it gradually.
So shall your day of reckoning Lauretta Onochie a.k.a ngeneukwenu will come.You can take that to the bank!
what was good about Jonathan, was there false in all he was accused of??

2 Likes

Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by fortune1968: 10:31pm On May 11, 2019
advocate666:
I just love Ganduje.
Surely ,you love anything . including being shameless .
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by tsannee(m): 10:34pm On May 11, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

He stood up to Jonathan against the looting going on; he stood up against his governor against the bribery captured on camera; he is a great man, a man that stands up against the ills of the society no matter who is commiting the crime. What do you stand for?
God bless u with your comment
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 11, 2019
BabangidaHamza:
I asked u a simple question but u are deviating from the question please.. Do you know the history of Kano emirate during the pre and post Fulani invasion

So did you just refused to read my answer or did you not see the answer
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by Soleye24(m): 10:50pm On May 11, 2019
iluvdonjazzy:
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi should go and beg Goodluck Jonathan.

for what now? u have no idea of what happened between sanusi and Jonathan so keep mute.
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by Toseenlove: 10:52pm On May 11, 2019
God should forgive me. Whenever I see most of these people, All I see something beneath the Animal Kingdom. I mean Just take a look at them. Does these things looks like something that will Improve on TechWorld In the next 1000Years? You can see how happy and contented they are with their Mediocrity. Only Dangote, Sanusi, Ribadu and some very few notable people among them I know at least have a standard IQ. The rest are Just Junks and something beneath an Animal. The best thing that will happen to Nigeria Is to disintegrate, Then u can do whatever u like with your own Nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by spirul77: 10:53pm On May 11, 2019
[quote author=iluvdonjazzy post=78309130]I know he is a truthful man and I like him for that but he was instigated against Jonathan.[he was never instigated, he said the truth in Jonathan's regime, he told Nigerians how a large chunk of the national budget is been spent on the legislators alone couple with other revelations and he was fired by Jonathan, he stood up against corruption regardless of the party, Jonathan is PDP and ganduje is APC,why don't you think he was also instigated against ganduje? ]
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by ehissi(m): 10:56pm On May 11, 2019
thesicilian:
First it was Oyo, now it's Kano. Our great traditional institutions are being destroyed slowly and steadily by ignorant, selfish and power hungry politicians. I weep for Nigeria.

Interesting, considering the fact that the Oyo governor married Ganduje's daughter.

E clear, them dey trade notes all the time...... smiley
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by biztip: 11:06pm On May 11, 2019
turban this tuban that. so many traditional offices. take ur kids to school una no go gree. a region filled wit empty headed uneducated beings who re ready tools in d hands of terrorists, shameless people. have u ever wondered why insurgency can't end in d north
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by Honor10: 11:10pm On May 11, 2019
kurupt1:
You see the way Okorocha, Sanusi,Tinubu,Amaechi all fought GEJ a good man with falsehood.,they are all paying for it gradually.
So shall your day of reckoning Lauretta Onochie a.k.a ngeneukwenu will come.You can take that to the bank!

chai! u guys can never be cure, GEJ has used ur brain. it is a pity, how is Tinubu paying for it o? Senseless people. Mtcheew
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by CaptainFM1: 11:11pm On May 11, 2019
All politics are Locals. How do the locals view it.
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by bakila: 11:12pm On May 11, 2019
Chukwurah003:

In your wet dreams hahahahaha!!!
We don see the two, PDP believed there is no tomorrow, APC is ignoring yesterday. Even the Kardashians are not as erotic as they were 8 weeks ago to arouse wet dreams from a lot of people.
If you doubt, lend a Lexus SUV to a big man from NNPC and ask him to travel to the Kardashians by road.
Na so e dey start.
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by Faslite(m): 11:15pm On May 11, 2019
Am sure no any reasonable person will support wat Ganduje has done. This is nt for Sanusi alone but kano as awhole. Yoruba elders never support Ajimobi on Ibadan case
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by omoiyalayi(m): 11:22pm On May 11, 2019
hammerFC:

U ARE SHAMELESS BIGGOT.

HOW DOES FULANI AND FULANI FIGHT IN KANO CONCERN PEOPLE SEEKING A SEPARATE NATIONAL IDENTITY?

Ur sister cecelia ibru the thief has started it already

Bucket go full grin grin
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by oliidell(m): 11:29pm On May 11, 2019
madridsta007:

Sadly, politics does not allow for romanticising ideologies beyond mere romanticism. You have to choose between, usually, what are two poor choices. Often, one is worse than the other. Evidently, APC has shown itself worse than PDP in governance and has admitted it several. Telling ourselves that there is no marked difference between a party that grew and consolidated Nigeria's position as the biggest economy in Africa and the top 3 fastest growing in the world and one that claims to be unaware to statistics like the world's capital of poverty is to be compulsively and insidiously hypocritical and delusional.

Again, I suspect you know this but, as always, people need reminders.

You've reasoned predictably like an average Nigerian. First off, you DO NOT have to choose between two poor choices. If you were asked to choose between the hangman's noose and the electric chair, I'm sure you'll opt to stay alive.

I still insist that you can't separate the two parties cos whatever PDP claimed to have achieved while in charge was done when a good number of the top APC politicians kept faith with PDP but that's not the issue.

The major problem with some of you is that you've wallowed so much in mediocrity that you don't realize the enormity of Nigeria's potentials. Nigeria has all it takes to be among the biggest economies in the world.

Politicians embezzle public funds, commit all sorts of atrocities, trample on our collective privileges and then turn around to bandy trumped up figures so they can be re-elected.

I think positive exposure and mental emancipation would be a good place to start.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by TempleHouse: 11:33pm On May 11, 2019
Things fall Apart !!!
Weep not for Sanusi
He should have run to Ajimobi (Ganduje's in law) to save himself.
But he was arrogant, thinking the court will stop a matter approved by an act of parliament and accent to by the Governor.
Dangote is tired of his behaviour as well.
He is now under the control of Local Govt authority.
End of an era !!!
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by simplycarro: 11:34pm On May 11, 2019
hammerFC:

I WILL NOT WASTE MY TIME WITH YOU, WEN I KNOW AT THE MENTION OF BIAFRA U DEVELOP HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE.

At the mention of Tinubu, APC and Buhari, you go into mental retardation grin
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by truthstands20: 12:31am On May 12, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
Some Buckets to gather ipob Yoots' Tears grin grin
Cow! Period
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by Tajmahal1000: 12:36am On May 12, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

GOD BLESS YOU for this objective, fact-based, intelligent post!

The fact that Emir Sanusi spoke out against a bad thing under two different politicians of two different political parties, PDP (Jonathan) and APC (Ganduje) showed that he is a PRINCIPLED MAN, a PATRIOT. May our country, Nigeria, have more of Sanusis. Amen!

The bribe-taking fool (Ganduje) who did this will leave the seat of Governor in 2023, by the provisions of the Constitution, but the cerebral, intelligent, frank, bold, assertive Sanusi will be on the throne of his forebears till death. A new government, in 2023, will reverse this stupid thing Ganduje did!

Northerners that are supporting Field Marshal of Bribe Collection, Ganduje, should know that it is Sanusi today, it might be the Sultan, Shehu of Borno, Emir of Zaria (Zazzau), Etsu Nupe, Lamido of Adamawa, Gwom Gwon Jos, Emir of Wase, Tor Tiv, Och’Idoma, etc tomorrow. If this perfidy is allowed to go unchecked, any Governor who does not like a fearless Emir or Shehu can divide their domains like this too!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by truthstands20: 12:38am On May 12, 2019
Gandollar thinks he's fighting SLS, he doesn't know he's simply destroying the Great Kano emirate. In other words, they all are gradually reaping the fruits of their wickedness against GEJ.
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by igbanbajo(m): 1:40am On May 12, 2019
MiddleSpot:
In 80 years time some youths will rise to say oh no this is not how we do it. According to our traditions bla bla bla. Traditions of men that were started and enshrined by mere mortals. Spits. If only people would question what they put their fate in, life would be simpler.

How much for digital stickers / banners?
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by jojothaiv(m): 1:42am On May 12, 2019
LibertyRep:
I won't allow anyone use me to settle personal scores with his adversaries. Never!

Where are the recently installed kings in Ibadan today?

In any case, good luck to all of them.
And now this is classic.
Re: The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) by odehaj: 3:15am On May 12, 2019
Bossgirl733:
Like their dress code grin cheesy

See My Signature grin grin
imagine what this one is liking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Buratai Holding A Huge Python After His Visit To His Snake Farm / Oyigbo Massacre: Disturbing Photos And Video / Lawmaker, Tijjani Abdulkadir Jobe Beaten By Kano Youths Over Non-Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.