Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland (1312 Views)

Peter Obi's Anambra-Central Senatorial Campaign Poster (picture) / Campaign Poster Of The APC Against The PDP When 1USD Was N216(pics) / Funny UNILAG/MAU Protest Poster On GEJ & Patience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by rasputinn(m): 7:21am On Sep 23, 2010
Accepted that most of us nairalanders are capitalists,including Seun and that the freedom to advertise on any medium is guaranteed anyone that can afford to so do,and that such media are expected to offer equal advert opportunities to all,I still want to ask how nairalanders feel when they open the homepage and the campaign picture of Bukola Saraki jumps at you,though it's allowed

Personally I feel it's the most repulsive advert I've seen on nairaland

So how do y'all feel about it?
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by rasputinn(m): 8:38am On Sep 23, 2010
,,,,,,and misguided
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by Jarus(m): 8:39am On Sep 23, 2010
What comes to my mind? It reminds me that NL is a business.

Same on NVS: http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by kolayusuf: 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2010
@Poster: You do not give any reason at all for finding Dr. Bukola Saraki's poster on Nairaland repulsive, and I fail to see the logic of your statement. Why is it that you have not taken exception to the advertisements of Babatunde Raji Fashola, First Group, Nigeria Mall, or MTN, which regularly appear on Nairaland. Do you have something against Dr. Bukola Saraki or all politicians in general? Are politicians any less eligible to advertise than other people andwhy? Where is it appropriate for a politician to advertise? If it is OK for politicians to advertise on TV, in newspapers, why should they not be able to advertise on the Internet also.

This may just boil down to your personal prejudice, and your statement is discriminatory and prejudiced, because it treats politicians as having less rights than other people. I believe many people do not share your repulsion and it just boils down to your own personal prejudice. Until you give me a good reason, why Dr. Bukola Saraki, or any other politician should be denied the right to communicate with the public freely, insofar that they are law abiding citizens, this statement of yours are just so many words, without any iota of reason.
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by bisolaoni: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2010
The poster also seems to imply that the appearance of Dr. Bukola Saraki's poster on Nairaland is as a result of a direct transaction between Nairaland and the campaign team of Dr. Bukola Saraki. For your information, Google is responsible for the display of these advertisements, and Nairaland has no control over the adverts, which are displayed on it under the terms. The adverts are facilitated by a Google service known as AdWords. The accusatory tone adopted in your post is totally uncalled for. If you read up on Adwords, you'll see that Nairaland has no say in the adverts that show up on it, its controlled by Google.
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 23, 2010
my antibanner utilities must be working - i can't see any of these ads cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by rasputinn(m): 9:46pm On Sep 23, 2010
@Yusuf,

It's an insult of the highest oreder and even a sacrilege to mention a certain Bukola Saraki with the same lips you've used in mentioning icons such as MTN and BRF

BTW,why not just let's have your opinion about the repulsive poster cheesy tongue
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by kolayusuf: 10:59pm On Sep 23, 2010
@rasputin: You foolishly seem to think that the world should revolve around your opinion and aversions. Quite happily for the rest of us they do not. It seems you deify BRF, for your information, he is not a saint, talk less of being God. MTN - what a laugh, a South African company that has been ripping the entire nation off because they don't know better - precious.

You don't even seem to understand the far reaching consequences of trying to limit the rights of other people base on whim and arbitrariness. It is OK for you to object to posters of Dr. Bukola Saraki base on sentiment, then you should also not complain if other people are opposed to adverts of your "gods" such as BRF because they do not like them. There are far higher standards for pulling peoples rights to simple free speech than sentiment - luckily for most of the world. And these are people who aspire to lead the country one day - tyrants, and oppressors in the making.
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by xterra2(m): 12:23am On Sep 24, 2010
oyb:

my antibanner utilities must be working - i can't see any of these ads cheesy cheesy cheesy
Please which do you use?
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by rasputinn(m): 8:34am On Sep 25, 2010
oyb:

xterra2:

Please which do you use?

The ones that see anything Babagida,Saraki or Atiku as spambot cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by Skidoc(m): 12:47pm On Sep 25, 2010
I've not seen it either.
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by xterra2(m): 8:27pm On Sep 25, 2010
Skidoc:

I've not seen it either.

Okay i took a snapshot of my screen see it below
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by rasputinn(m): 10:44pm On Sep 25, 2010
^^^
Double jeopardy
Now I'm seeing two copies of the annoying picture of the rogue whose over 12 billion naira debt to intercontinental bank had to be written off by Sanusi's stooge(Lie Alabi) so he can have funds for presidential campaign
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by otokx(m): 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2010
i hope the owners of nairaland are making good money from saraki.
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by marvix(m): 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2010
The poster only wants to know how we feel wen we c d poster of saraki that's all and he told us how he felt. For me I see his poster and just say 2 myself here is anoda loser who tinks he can steal his way thru dis forum.

Kola u can simply tell us how u feel seeing the advert and rasputin don't argue or bother urself, u hav brot up dis post mayb to deride this guy which 2 me is ok but b careful arguin wit kola or any of sarakis agent on dis forum else u wld end up increasing his popularity the less we talk of him d beta 4 us and worse 4 him.

I hav said my piece no mata wat kola or anyone says he won't get any response frm me because all I kno is VOTE 4 FRESH AIR, VOTE GEJ and voting wisely is voting Goodluck Ebele Jonathan 4 president!!!!
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by netotse(m): 5:13pm On Sep 26, 2010
bukola saraki aka BS grin doesn't need to pay seun to advertise on NL

source
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2010
netotse:

bukola saraki aka BS grin doesn't need to pay seun to advertise on NL

source

chei cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

this campaign dey heat up

atiku - i thief u cheesy
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by rasputinn(m): 10:23pm On Sep 26, 2010
Atiku is campaigning with his mouth cos he doesn't have as massive a war chest(mostly from stolen public funds )that Bukola Saraki has
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by tpiah: 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2010
where's the campaign poster.
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by netotse(m): 11:00pm On Sep 26, 2010
tpiah:

where's the campaign poster.

right under you. . .lol

Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by Myself2(m): 8:01am On Sep 27, 2010
netotse:

right under you. . .lol

Heh he hehehehe
I think he'd prefer for something else to be under him,a life form you know
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by rasputinn(m): 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2010
Thank goodness,we now have a break from the assault
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by tkb417(m): 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2010
i like him tho
hes quite ambitious

if his dad was never a power broker, im sure he wont be able to win an election in his local govt not to talk of his state

Now he wants to rule Nigeria? he has forgotten how he became the Guvnor in the first place

@Topic
i dont have any probs with his adverts.
Re: Bukola Saraki's Campaign Poster On Nairaland by DisGuy: 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2010
tkb417:

i like him tho
hes quite ambitious

if his dad was never a power broker, im sure he wont be able to win an election in his local govt not to talk of his state

Now he wants to rule Nigeria? he has forgotten how he became the Guvnor in the first place

@Topic
i dont have any probs with his adverts.

same could be said of 98% of politicians in Nigeria including the current president, Bankole, BRF, Akala, OGD etc etc

80% of Saraki's criticism comes from the fact his dad was a former senator and he has a sister in the senate

(1) (Reply)

Tunisian Revolution: Can It Happen In Nigeria / Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! / Edo State Presidential Result Read By The State Inec Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.